Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    28 weeks ago

On covid 19.. Talking to ex Prime Minister Personal Assistant

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Television bbc

Prime minister lawyer discusses his view across to the covid 19 inquiry. Oooh it makes me.. Another one who cannot say yes or no to questions.

It will be interesting to follow because we need answers on how it was all managed by parliament.

By *hagTonightMan 28 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, it will be interesting to watch the discussion about it

By *melie LALWoman 28 weeks ago

Peterborough

I did a Google : there are four parts to the inquiry, and part one is hoped to be published in summer of 2024.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 28 weeks ago

Central

Today seemed to have a lot of 'I can't recall' answers. You'd imagine that fairly bright people would remember important things

Peterborough

"Today seemed to have a lot of 'I can't recall' answers. You'd imagine that fairly bright people would remember important things "

That's where you're going wrong, assuming they're bright

Central

"Today seemed to have a lot of 'I can't recall' answers. You'd imagine that fairly bright people would remember important things

That's where you're going wrong, assuming they're bright "

I know

Boris Johnson never picked anyone else who'd would excel at anything but for failing upwards.

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

"Television bbc "

I like it, snuck it in before the trolls saw it

Central

What came out today was how unprepared they still were, in mid March, as chaos developed in Europe. And Johnson decided to spend hours with the son of the ex-KGB 'friend', who he'd got introduced to the House of Lords . Peculiar priorities

The lying cheating scumbags who went private school running a country for themselves.

Chaos... Criminals

"Today seemed to have a lot of 'I can't recall' answers. You'd imagine that fairly bright people would remember important things

I know

Boris Johnson never picked anyone else who'd would excel at anything but for failing upwards. "

Call it lying

Not even a direct yes, or no answer.

Central

I know

Boris Johnson never picked anyone else who'd would excel at anything but for failing upwards.

Call it lying

Not even a direct yes, or no answer. "

It was pitiful and obscene.

Peterborough

I know

Call it lying

Not even a direct yes, or no answer. "

A prerequisite for anyone involved in politics - be excellent at the mustn't say yes/no game or you lose

By *ackformore100Man 28 weeks ago

Tin town

I know

Call it lying

Not even a direct yes, or no answer.

A prerequisite for anyone involved in politics - be excellent at the mustn't say yes/no game or you lose "

In many cases in life, it's not binary. The challenge for those now in politics, or indeed in any other meaningful area of public scrutiny, is all people want is to throw rocks at them and knock them down, any excuse will do. But doesn't matter what the question is, or the answer, ... The commentary seems always along the lines of "tory scum". Which just reduces any debate to a child's level.

Having said that, I have no issue with people making poor decisions because they were learning on the job, or were given inaccurate or no decision making support. I don't doubt for one moment, some people were trying to do their best. The ones that really stick in my throat are the decisions made for personal gain, and I don't doubt some of them made some decisions purely for personal reasons.

Lastly, I have no doubt if the whole thing started again tomorrow, we would be no better equipped or able to deal with it than we did first time around.

For those who lost people needlessly through it... I'm one of them... Its still incredibly raw, but nothing will bring them back so we have to look forwards.

By *ob198XaMan 28 weeks ago

teleford

At the end of the enquiry there still be those who think the government failed to do enough to protect their departed loved ones and there will be those who think everything government did was a massive overreaction.

Broadly speaking I think the government responded much the same as any other would have if they had been put in the same situation.

Central

"At the end of the enquiry there still be those who think the government failed to do enough to protect their departed loved ones and there will be those who think everything government did was a massive overreaction.

Broadly speaking I think the government responded much the same as any other would have if they had been put in the same situation."

They may have done but it's fairly clear that severe mistakes were definitely made. And we were often treated with contempt

By *csheffMan 28 weeks ago

Sheffield

"At the end of the enquiry there still be those who think the government failed to do enough to protect their departed loved ones and there will be those who think everything government did was a massive overreaction.

Broadly speaking I think the government responded much the same as any other would have if they had been put in the same situation.

They may have done but it's fairly clear that severe mistakes were definitely made. And we were often treated with contempt "

Sever mistakes where made and not all directly by the government. The two most heinous being putting DNR's on healthy disabled people without there guardians knowledge and concent and return in covid infected oap's back no nursing homes.

Central

They may have done but it's fairly clear that severe mistakes were definitely made. And we were often treated with contempt

Sever mistakes where made and not all directly by the government. The two most heinous being putting DNR's on healthy disabled people without there guardians knowledge and concent and return in covid infected oap's back no nursing homes."

I think the grossest impacts were the government's, where thousands of avoidable deaths occurred. They weren't prepared, seeing it as akin to normal life for elderly people to die and something that the UK would magically be good at managing . The release to carehomes and lack of testing - and concern - helped to establish it with catastrophic results.

» Add a new message to this topic