FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lies and secrets

Lies and secrets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    28 weeks ago

Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day and it’s left me very worried. Seems Boris and his hanger ons thought it a big joke.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple 28 weeks ago

all around

"Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day and it’s left me very worried. Seems Boris and his hanger ons thought it a big joke. "

People knew what he was like and still voted for him.

Blame the electorate

By *I TwoCouple 28 weeks ago

all around

And isn't this politics ?

By *usie pTV/TS 28 weeks ago

taunton

Do we really expect any different, most MPs are not scientists so have to be guided by the scientists and most of them had different opinions and not too many of the rest of obeyed the rules 100%.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 28 weeks ago

Central

I think that most of us realised at the time that they were very incompetent and had lashings of moral bankruptcy to go around . It seemed like there was no credible plan, nor joinedup thinking going on. Unfortunately with Johnson, he surrounded himself with people who wouldn't be threats by ability. That tens of thousands of avoidable deaths were caused by him and his team of failures, should be 1 of the most significant lessons learned from UK health and politics. . Ignorance isn't always bliss.

By *melie LALWoman 28 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day and it’s left me very worried. Seems Boris and his hanger ons thought it a big joke. "

I don't want to watch something that is going to invoke a plethora of negative emotions over something I have no control.

I will await the results of the inquiry and its recommendations for future actions for future pandemics.

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

So did anyone with a single braincell

By *inkyCeltMan 28 weeks ago

Newport

"Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day and it’s left me very worried. Seems Boris and his hanger ons thought it a big joke.

So did anyone with a single braincell"

So you thought people dying was a big joke did you?

By *i1971Man 28 weeks ago

Cornwall

The problem is I really don't think any of the parties would have been any better. - although I suspect Labour's Capt Hindsight wouldn't have left such an audit trail

Johnny rotten "hahaha ever feel like you've been cheated?" (1978)

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple 28 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire

more dead means less to pay out in pensions and sickness benefits.

whoever is in charge.

By *candiumWoman 28 weeks ago

oban

It's not said anything we didn't already know. So no I'm not worried.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 28 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Johnson was voted in to get brexit done, everyone knew he was a fucking idiot. We only had to look back at his time as mayor, the amount of times he was in the news for doing something stupid.

By *candiumWoman 28 weeks ago

oban

There's a lot of things that I found puzzling about people's behaviour during the pandemic but government actions aren't on that list.

"Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day and it’s left me very worried. Seems Boris and his hanger ons thought it a big joke.

So did anyone with a single braincell

So you thought people dying was a big joke did you?"

The only 'joke' are idiots that eat-up everything liars tell them.

By *otsossieMan 26 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

"more dead means less to pay out in pensions and sickness benefits.

whoever is in charge."

I did wonder if the govt were hoping to cull the elderly in order to save on pensions, healthcare, and imported care workers.

Shows how little I trust them, I guess.

By *ob198XaMan 26 weeks ago

teleford

I find it fascinating… There are those that think the government was running some WEF conspiracy agenda, highly orchestrated, meticulously planned fake plandemic. There are others convinced those making the decisions where clueless incompetent morons whose inactions cost many lives.

Well reality can’t be both

teleford

"more dead means less to pay out in pensions and sickness benefits.

whoever is in charge.

I did wonder if the govt were hoping to cull the elderly in order to save on pensions, healthcare, and imported care workers.

Shows how little I trust them, I guess. "

Labour might have but the older, wiser generation lean towards voting blue..

By *itygamesMan 26 weeks ago

UK

they shut the country down and everybody still caught it despite mask wearing social distancing etc etc

By *elshie69Man 26 weeks ago

Feltham

Most of the corruption will never come to light and some of them will only have to say, indeed have said, they can’t appear because they’re ill..!!

It was a clusterfuck from start to finish and lots of the top MP’s made millions and millions, as did their friends.

That’s all it in a nutshell and nothing else to see here.

By *iker boy 69Man 26 weeks ago

midlands

"they shut the country down and everybody still caught it despite mask wearing social distancing etc etc "

I never had a sniffle, and was as slack as i possibly coukd get away with during the circus. Yea, had 2 jabs, but only so i could go on holiday, but wouldnt take another

By *emma HoldenTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Ramsey

"The problem is I really don't think any of the parties would have been any better. - although I suspect Labour's Capt Hindsight wouldn't have left such an audit trail "

It was Boris or Corbyn to lead us throught it. Not much of a choice but the alternative was probably worse than Boris. Nobody knew what was coming or the decisions they'd be faced with making & running a country in a crisis like covid was unprecedented & mistakes would be made. We can learn from it but shouldn't blame, none of us would have done a better or worse job.

teleford

"The problem is I really don't think any of the parties would have been any better. - although I suspect Labour's Capt Hindsight wouldn't have left such an audit trail

It was Boris or Corbyn to lead us throught it. Not much of a choice but the alternative was probably worse than Boris. Nobody knew what was coming or the decisions they'd be faced with making & running a country in a crisis like covid was unprecedented & mistakes would be made. We can learn from it but shouldn't blame, none of us would have done a better or worse job. "

This

By *ired_upMan 26 weeks ago

ashton

"The problem is I really don't think any of the parties would have been any better. - although I suspect Labour's Capt Hindsight wouldn't have left such an audit trail

It was Boris or Corbyn to lead us throught it. Not much of a choice but the alternative was probably worse than Boris. Nobody knew what was coming or the decisions they'd be faced with making & running a country in a crisis like covid was unprecedented & mistakes would be made. We can learn from it but shouldn't blame, none of us would have done a better or worse job. "

I'm confident that anyone on this thread would have done a better job. Read some of the quotes coming out.

Johnson saying Covid was just nature doing its job, the people around him saying he changed his mind every day, he undermined his own advice about not shaking hands with people, he diddnt go to the initial meetings about it as he was allegedly writing a book on Shakespeare.

I wouldn't have done that, would you?

By *lym4realCouple 26 weeks ago

plymouth

Deeply shocking !! a proven liar and serial cheater who's only interest's seem in himself and is enriching himself and a history of not delivering on any of his promises and shirking any kind of responsibilty when things go wrong and also a history of insulting victims of crime and a very long history of just saying random things to be popular ?? and jumping on the nearest/latest bandwagon and various people who knew him or know dod sound warnings and wave big red flags ?? ....Educated way above his own intelligence is one quote !!

By *.T.Man 26 weeks ago

Glasgow

One thing I will say for him, he got voted in as Mayor of London. Twice.

You can't berate people for voting him or his party in.

By *melie LALWoman 26 weeks ago

Peterborough

"One thing I will say for him, he got voted in as Mayor of London. Twice.

You can't berate people for voting him or his party in."

We can have the opinion their voting choices were poor

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 26 weeks ago

Newquay

"Who else is very worried regarding the uk covid inquiry, I’ve watched each day"

You're actually watching it - regularly & by choice

By *emma HoldenTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Ramsey

Thing is, for centuries people have died in vast numbers due to diseases & plague, natural disasters, floods, war etc. But very few of us alive in Britain today have ever experienced any of it ourselves. We only see it on telly in other countries on the news or heard how our grandparents lived through WW2.

A lot of people died of Covid in a lot of countries. So why are we tearing the place apart looking to lay blame at the doors of individuals in this country? Cos we can't cope as a nation & cos we have it too soft compared to other parts of the world where death is accepted as a daily fact of life. Sad but true. We're lucky we live where we do compared to countries facing repeated threats of destruction due to nature & earthquakes etc.

One virus gets in & everyone loses the plot & goes from being grown up sensible adults living our super important lives to a nation of people who suddenly need to be told everything down to the final detail by others. So we can blame them later. For something they didn't create or start.

Chez/Sheff

Why not? Either they’re not paying attention or they’re actively voting for it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Central

"Thing is, for centuries people have died in vast numbers due to diseases & plague, natural disasters, floods, war etc. But very few of us alive in Britain today have ever experienced any of it ourselves. We only see it on telly in other countries on the news or heard how our grandparents lived through WW2.

A lot of people died of Covid in a lot of countries. So why are we tearing the place apart looking to lay blame at the doors of individuals in this country? Cos we can't cope as a nation & cos we have it too soft compared to other parts of the world where death is accepted as a daily fact of life. Sad but true. We're lucky we live where we do compared to countries facing repeated threats of destruction due to nature & earthquakes etc.

One virus gets in & everyone loses the plot & goes from being grown up sensible adults living our super important lives to a nation of people who suddenly need to be told everything down to the final detail by others. So we can blame them later. For something they didn't create or start.

"

Funnily enough, we're able to learn from our experiences. This can help us to progress and avoid making avoidable mistakes. In this regard, tens of thousands of deaths were avoidable during the pandemic. If we were stupid and repeated the same errors, losing tens of thousands more lives, it would be totally inexcusable.

We're not the only species that can learn from what we've done. If we insist on not learning, then there's no hope for us

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

I just want to get over it and forget. If you had family seriously affected (I mean dead from negligence) then I can understand the interest.

But otherwise, just move on and look forward. It’s not for the public to gossip about. There’s people paid to review and fix these things, which they’re doing. Boris isn’t in power. Time to move on.

By *ndy man 200Man 26 weeks ago

hereford

This is the most sensible reply so far

By *arl17Man 26 weeks ago

Central Portugal

It was Boris or Corbyn to lead us throught it. Not much of a choice but the alternative was probably worse than Boris. Nobody knew what was coming or the decisions they'd be faced with making & running a country in a crisis like covid was unprecedented & mistakes would be made. We can learn from it but shouldn't blame, none of us would have done a better or worse job.

This is the most sensible reply so far "

Really...a retarded donkey could have preformed better...

By *egsandsmileCouple 26 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Problem with this sort of thing is people comment after with the benefit of hindsight.

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and, usually in these kind of circumstances, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. A good marker on whether the British government acted appropriately at the time (“at the time” being the operative words), is by looking at other countries reactions…if yours was roughly the same then I would suggest that we were doing ok. Remember, no one knew how bad this was or going to get.

My main problem with government is they were telling us all one thing and doing the complete opposite. “Stay at home in your bubble while we have parties”. HUGE kick in the teeth for the public but more so for those directly affected; none more so than those relatives of people dying from Covid not allowed be with their loved ones in their last moments. Because of this, and not because of decisions made with respect to a general covid policy, I have nothing but contempt for the government (and all the other parties that decided to flaunt the rules at that time).

By *ark_Angel_93Couple 26 weeks ago

Farnworth

"they shut the country down and everybody still caught it despite mask wearing social distancing etc etc "

It wasn't like the UK did anything different than most countries. What's the use of blaming them doing that if they followed what every other country was doing? This basically was a global decision not confined to the UK Government

Farnworth

Absolutely

Farnworth

I'm confident that anyone on this thread would have done a better job. Read some of the quotes coming out.

Johnson saying Covid was just nature doing its job, the people around him saying he changed his mind every day, he undermined his own advice about not shaking hands with people, he diddnt go to the initial meetings about it as he was allegedly writing a book on Shakespeare.

I wouldn't have done that, would you? "

The only thing is, what would your decision have been and it could have proved more disastrous than the decisions made at the time. At least they had eminent scientists advising whereas nobody could predict only say what they would have done so 99% of comments are in Hindsight like Sir Flip Flop

Farnworth

Exactly

Farnworth

We can have the opinion their voting choices were poor "

In Hindsight

By *ackformore100Man 26 weeks ago

Tin town

In Hindsight "

You also have to consider the opposition. There wasn't any. He was the best of a bad bunch who were unelectable. And now the same is true. Tories have made themselves unelectable. Starmer will become pm by keeping his mouth shut.

Farnworth

In Hindsight

You also have to consider the opposition. There wasn't any. He was the best of a bad bunch who were unelectable. And now the same is true. Tories have made themselves unelectable. Starmer will become pm by keeping his mouth shut. "

Absolutely. If there was a creditable government with a strong leader the Starmer would have less chance than Kevin the Carrot being elected

By *ikeybr0Man 26 weeks ago

Newport

This is true however let’s not forget Keir Starmer called for harder longer lockdowns.

He attended the WEF Davos summit this year while Rishi declined, I think it’s quite clear he’s handpicked to be our new leader.

I predict an attempt to rejoin the EU, and with that digital ID’s and wallets for us.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Central

"they shut the country down and everybody still caught it despite mask wearing social distancing etc etc

It wasn't like the UK did anything different than most countries. What's the use of blaming them doing that if they followed what every other country was doing? This basically was a global decision not confined to the UK Government "

The blunt actions may be similar but it's the finer details that make the difference. As the inquiry is showing, there was totally inappropriate leadership throughout much of it. Delays that caused tens of thousands of avoidable deaths. We locked down but could have acted sooner, when it was obvious that action was needed.

The finer details are what's important to look at.

Farnworth

"they shut the country down and everybody still caught it despite mask wearing social distancing etc etc

It wasn't like the UK did anything different than most countries. What's the use of blaming them doing that if they followed what every other country was doing? This basically was a global decision not confined to the UK Government

The blunt actions may be similar but it's the finer details that make the difference. As the inquiry is showing, there was totally inappropriate leadership throughout much of it. Delays that caused tens of thousands of avoidable deaths. We locked down but could have acted sooner, when it was obvious that action was needed.

The finer details are what's important to look at. "

If is the biggest word going and once again, in hindsight of course.

Yes Boris may not have been competent enough to deal with the pandemic but who was and try to remember you're saying in hindsight.

Newport

We need to focus on the overstretch of government taking people’s livelihoods away without a choice, and make sure they don’t ever have the power to do it again. Hundreds of thousands of businesses affected and fines for trying to open to earn a living.

Those that did stand up like the gym owners and were allowed to continue despite police harassment, hats off.

By *hagTonightMan 26 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 17/11/23 12:22:52]

By *hagTonightMan 26 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

No. I am not worried. I said from the start that swedens model was the best with no lockdows, business as usual was the best approach.

Chez/Sheff

"Absolutely. If there was a creditable government with a strong leader the Starmer would have less chance than Kevin the Carrot being elected "

Problem is, the potential candidates make Kevin the Carrot look like a strong choice.

They’ve even had to bring Cameron back as the token grown-up.

Tin town

"Absolutely. If there was a creditable government with a strong leader the Starmer would have less chance than Kevin the Carrot being elected

Problem is, the potential candidates make Kevin the Carrot look like a strong choice.

They’ve even had to bring Cameron back as the token grown-up. "

That was a complete mind fuck moment... A sad indictment of the quality of those in government. I mean fair play for admitting none of you lot are good enough and then having the balls to admit it publicly. I mean if it's a step towards having the best people in the right roles... Its good. Now just need to make it x party and we might see some progress. The shadow lot must have some competent people.

Farnworth

"Absolutely. If there was a creditable government with a strong leader the Starmer would have less chance than Kevin the Carrot being elected

They’ve even had to bring Cameron back as the token grown-up. "

Definitely Kevin the Carrot is up there with William the Conker

Farnworth

They’ve even had to bring Cameron back as the token grown-up.

That was a complete mind fuck moment... A sad indictment of the quality of those in government. I mean fair play for admitting none of you lot are good enough and then having the balls to admit it publicly. I mean if it's a step towards having the best people in the right roles... Its good. Now just need to make it x party and we might see some progress. The shadow lot must have some competent people. "

I doubt there's anyone in Parliament good enough let alone the Government

By *nowknightMan 26 weeks ago

BRADFORD

"I think that most of us realised at the time that they were very incompetent and had lashings of moral bankruptcy to go around . It seemed like there was no credible plan, nor joinedup thinking going on. Unfortunately with Johnson, he surrounded himself with people who wouldn't be threats by ability. That tens of thousands of avoidable deaths were caused by him and his team of failures, should be 1 of the most significant lessons learned from UK health and politics. . Ignorance isn't always bliss. "

Just one single question to all these who blame Boris - ever a thought to the NHS who refused to treat patients. Patients which might have been saved, just because the NHS decided we have no time for them.

Before you all answer - did any of you go to a hospital during lockdown? 90% will answer No so you can not even reply in a correct manner.

I sat next to my partner who I married on her Death Bed in hospital for 6 days and 7 nights cleaning her, making certain she didn't rip of the oxygen mask, begging for pain relief for her, changing infusion drips and in the end cleaning her body.

Does that sound like the NHS could bother ?

Damning politicians is an easy way out and covers up that the 'heros' could not be bothered.

Newport

"I think that most of us realised at the time that they were very incompetent and had lashings of moral bankruptcy to go around . It seemed like there was no credible plan, nor joinedup thinking going on. Unfortunately with Johnson, he surrounded himself with people who wouldn't be threats by ability. That tens of thousands of avoidable deaths were caused by him and his team of failures, should be 1 of the most significant lessons learned from UK health and politics. . Ignorance isn't always bliss.

Just one single question to all these who blame Boris - ever a thought to the NHS who refused to treat patients. Patients which might have been saved, just because the NHS decided we have no time for them.

Before you all answer - did any of you go to a hospital during lockdown? 90% will answer No so you can not even reply in a correct manner.

I sat next to my partner who I married on her Death Bed in hospital for 6 days and 7 nights cleaning her, making certain she didn't rip of the oxygen mask, begging for pain relief for her, changing infusion drips and in the end cleaning her body.

Damning politicians is an easy way out and covers up that the 'heros' could not be bothered."

Real tough read and my condolences.

The DNR scandal is one id love to be brought up in the inquiry; but I believe it’s smoke screened with Tory incompetence. Don’t stop spreading the word.

By *ylon lover 47Man 26 weeks ago

Beccles

It wasn't like the UK did anything different than most countries. What's the use of blaming them doing that if they followed what every other country was doing? This basically was a global decision not confined to the UK Government "

Whilst you are correct the question remains why did virtually every country ignore there well researched Pandemic Preparedness Plans in favour of following China's authoritarian lead ? One of the few countries that stuck by their original plans was Sweden who were subsequently vilified from all corners for daring to take a different approach, yet now that the data is in it has become apparent that Sweden fared no worse in relative terms to the countries that screwed their economics by locking down.

Tin town

"I think that most of us realised at the time that they were very incompetent and had lashings of moral bankruptcy to go around . It seemed like there was no credible plan, nor joinedup thinking going on. Unfortunately with Johnson, he surrounded himself with people who wouldn't be threats by ability. That tens of thousands of avoidable deaths were caused by him and his team of failures, should be 1 of the most significant lessons learned from UK health and politics. . Ignorance isn't always bliss.

Damning politicians is an easy way out and covers up that the 'heros' could not be bothered."

Reading that reminded me sadly if my experience with my elderly mother whom they would have been better putting a gun to her head rather than leave her unattended in pain and torment. Fuckers.

By *ark_Angel_93Couple 25 weeks ago

Farnworth

Whilst you are correct the question remains why did virtually every country ignore there well researched Pandemic Preparedness Plans in favour of following China's authoritarian lead ? One of the few countries that stuck by their original plans was Sweden who were subsequently vilified from all corners for daring to take a different approach, yet now that the data is in it has become apparent that Sweden fared no worse in relative terms to the countries that screwed their economics by locking down."

You're asking questions that neither you, I or anyone else can reply accurately and precisely with authority

By *ill and Ben69Couple 25 weeks ago

Worcestershire

[Removed by poster at 19/11/23 13:28:30]

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Jeremy Hunt & Chloe Smith to go before they do anything dangerous, some of them fly aircraft

Seriously silly sniping people on video, but stopping & costing them while sick/pregnant is more warrant

Funnier when Jez finally comes out fully GAY & Which way he wears that kit, who with

Then Boris can continue to talk Straight Ice cream

What happened to Ga ga Gavin ??

By *ackformore100Man 25 weeks ago

Tin town

"Jeremy Hunt & Chloe Smith to go before they do anything dangerous, some of them fly aircraft

Seriously silly sniping people on video, but stopping & costing them while sick/pregnant is more warrant

Funnier when Jez finally comes out fully GAY & Which way he wears that kit, who with

Then Boris can continue to talk Straight Ice cream

What happened to Ga ga Gavin ??"

Nope didn't get any of that

By *itygamesMan 25 weeks ago

UK

"We need to focus on the overstretch of government taking people’s livelihoods away without a choice, and make sure they don’t ever have the power to do it again. Hundreds of thousands of businesses affected and fines for trying to open to earn a living.

Those that did stand up like the gym owners and were allowed to continue despite police harassment, hats off. "

totally agree , my mate works for the council , never stopped working through covid , he cuts the grass lol, how was that a priority i thought to myself

Tin town

"We need to focus on the overstretch of government taking people’s livelihoods away without a choice, and make sure they don’t ever have the power to do it again. Hundreds of thousands of businesses affected and fines for trying to open to earn a living.

Those that did stand up like the gym owners and were allowed to continue despite police harassment, hats off.

totally agree , my mate works for the council , never stopped working through covid , he cuts the grass lol, how was that a priority i thought to myself"

I'd love my council to cut the grass... At all.. Ever...

By *csheffMan 25 weeks ago

Sheffield

"This is true however let’s not forget Keir Starmer called for harder longer lockdowns.

He attended the WEF Davos summit this year while Rishi declined, I think it’s quite clear he’s handpicked to be our new leader.

I predict an attempt to rejoin the EU, and with that digital ID’s and wallets for us. "

I don’t recall labour's position differing much from the tories. Maybe "marginally" tough and longer but I don't think there was a meaningful difference. I specifically remember at the time thinking that the opposition are opposing nothing..

Sheffield

Damning politicians is an easy way out and covers up that the 'heros' could not be bothered.

Real tough read and my condolences.

The DNR scandal is one id love to be brought up in the inquiry; but I believe it’s smoke screened with Tory incompetence. Don’t stop spreading the word. "

I am also really hoping the DNR scandal comes up but alot of key issues are going to be berried under the blame game of advisors and incompetent ministers and civil servants.

Does anyone know if the other scandal of send sick covid patients back to care homes has been brought up yet?

By *arl17Man 25 weeks ago

Central Portugal

If idiots listend to idiots.. They got what they deserved x

By *melie LALWoman 25 weeks ago

Peterborough

"This is true however let’s not forget Keir Starmer called for harder longer lockdowns.

I predict an attempt to rejoin the EU, and with that digital ID’s and wallets for us.

I don’t recall labour's position differing much from the tories. Maybe "marginally" tough and longer but I don't think there was a meaningful difference. I specifically remember at the time thinking that the opposition are opposing nothing.."

The opposition don't have to oppose everything the govt did/does. It was good to show unity in managing an unprecedented event.

Tin town

"If idiots listend to idiots.. They got what they deserved x "

Nice. Well played

By *teveuk77Man 25 weeks ago

uk

I don’t recall labour's position differing much from the tories. Maybe "marginally" tough and longer but I don't think there was a meaningful difference. I specifically remember at the time thinking that the opposition are opposing nothing.."

How much information do you think that the Labour party had? If Labour had access to the likes of Chris Whitty? Having listened to a small part of his appearance yesterday at the hearing, he is clearly an extremely bright individual who spoke of the processes methodically. He clearly thought that the government were a bunch of wan....(idiots). Given Starmers background , I am fairly sure that he would have assessed everything Whitty told him rationally and therefore Labours position may have been significantly different to them one they held at the time.

By *he Silver FuxMan 25 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

I don’t recall labour's position differing much from the tories. Maybe "marginally" tough and longer but I don't think there was a meaningful difference. I specifically remember at the time thinking that the opposition are opposing nothing..

How much information do you think that the Labour party had? If Labour had access to the likes of Chris Whitty? Having listened to a small part of his appearance yesterday at the hearing, he is clearly an extremely bright individual who spoke of the processes methodically. He clearly thought that the government were a bunch of wan....(idiots). Given Starmers background , I am fairly sure that he would have assessed everything Whitty told him rationally and therefore Labours position may have been significantly different to them one they held at the time."

The other important issue is that Labour are less beholden to millionaires and billionaires whose interests suffered as a result of lockdowns. I bet every cabinet minister and Tory backbencher’s phone at the time was blowing up saying don’t you fucking dare…

Farnworth

The opposition don't have to oppose everything the govt did/does. It was good to show unity in managing an unprecedented event."

Agreed

Farnworth

How much information do you think that the Labour party had? If Labour had access to the likes of Chris Whitty? Having listened to a small part of his appearance yesterday at the hearing, he is clearly an extremely bright individual who spoke of the processes methodically. He clearly thought that the government were a bunch of wan....(idiots). Given Starmers background , I am fairly sure that he would have assessed everything Whitty told him rationally and therefore Labours position may have been significantly different to them one they held at the time.

The other important issue is that Labour are less beholden to millionaires and billionaires whose interests suffered as a result of lockdowns. I bet every cabinet minister and Tory backbencher’s phone at the time was blowing up saying don’t you fucking dare…"

You honestly think that Labour is concerned for the working people on the lowest wages. Think you definitely need to open your eyes and work out politics.

By *orthants naughtyMan 25 weeks ago

Gretton

I think most people know lockdown / corvid was a lie sadly

Peterborough

Whenever someone refuses to believe the pandemic occurred, I just want to bless them .

Better than cussing

Tin town

"I think most people know lockdown / corvid was a lie sadly "

Is that really what you think.? It's a surprise. Lockdown did happen and people died.

By *ne HalfMan 25 weeks ago

central

Remember everything plays up to the situation ... Things never are as bad as they seem .

Things are made up and reated to as a way of defense . The more people assume makes anythin worse when what ever is around it can be faced and all is well . Any situation .

Peterborough

"Remember everything plays up to the situation ... Things never are as bad as they seem .

Things are made up and reated to as a way of defense . The more people assume makes anythin worse when what ever is around it can be faced and all is well . Any situation . "

Huh?

Sheffield

The opposition don't have to oppose everything the govt did/does. It was good to show unity in managing an unprecedented event."

I respectfully disagree. We have an adversarial political system that functions at its best when one side is questioned robustly and is usually at its worse when both sides of the Isle agree.

uk

The other important issue is that Labour are less beholden to millionaires and billionaires whose interests suffered as a result of lockdowns. I bet every cabinet minister and Tory backbencher’s phone at the time was blowing up saying don’t you fucking dare…

You honestly think that Labour is concerned for the working people on the lowest wages. Think you definitely need to open your eyes and work out politics. "

I think you need to open your eyes and learn to read. Perhaps not from the right wing gutter press.

uk

You honestly think that Labour is concerned for the working people on the lowest wages. Think you definitely need to open your eyes and work out politics. "

Here are two MPs.

MP1:

born in Hammersmith, London. He was educated at Westminster Under School, Eton College and Trinity College, Oxford, where he read history and was president of Oxford University Conservative Association. He went on to work in the City of London and in Hong Kong for Lloyd George Management until 2007, when he co-founded the hedge fund management business Somerset Capital Management LLP

MP2:

born and raised in Stockport, where she attended the state secondary Avondale School. She left school aged 16 whilst pregnant and without any qualifications. She later trained in social care at Stockport College and worked for the local council as a care worker. She eventually became a trade union representative within Unison.

Now, if you think neither of these MPs are concerned about working people on the lowest wage then you need to open your eyes and work out people....

Tin town

You honestly think that Labour is concerned for the working people on the lowest wages. Think you definitely need to open your eyes and work out politics.

Here are two MPs.

MP1:

born in Hammersmith, London. He was educated at Westminster Under School, Eton College and Trinity College, Oxford, where he read history and was president of Oxford University Conservative Association. He went on to work in the City of London and in Hong Kong for Lloyd George Management until 2007, when he co-founded the hedge fund management business Somerset Capital Management LLP

MP2:

born and raised in Stockport, where she attended the state secondary Avondale School. She left school aged 16 whilst pregnant and without any qualifications. She later trained in social care at Stockport College and worked for the local council as a care worker. She eventually became a trade union representative within Unison.

Now, if you think neither of these MPs are concerned about working people on the lowest wage then you need to open your eyes and work out people...."

Ooh is this a quiz?

I am not seeing anything at all from either biography which says either or neither or bother are "concerned about" (whatever that means) working people. What I can conclude is that it's a political system of 2 that is represented by people from different backgrounds, education and geographies. Its just a Repetition of a bunch of stereotypes and tropes. In either case... Labour were at all decisions in lock step with the govt, there was no opposition and hasn't been for many years.

Farnworth

I think you need to open your eyes and learn to read. Perhaps not from the right wing gutter press."

My eyes are fully open to political issues.

Farnworth

[Removed by poster at 24/11/23 09:52:11]

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

I think you need to open your eyes and learn to read. Perhaps not from the right wing gutter press."

Left wing gutter press

» Add a new message to this topic