FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > More colds

More colds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hirley OP   Man 22 weeks ago

somewhere

I feel like there's more people than ever I remember suffering from seemingly seasonal virus, having to take time off work to recover...

I've noticed this for about the last 7 years, like the symptoms are more severe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *melie LALWoman 22 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I feel like there's more people than ever I remember suffering from seemingly seasonal virus, having to take time off work to recover...

I've noticed this for about the last 7 years, like the symptoms are more severe. "

Are they all men?

By *ond Jimmy BondMan 22 weeks ago

London

"I feel like there's more people than ever I remember suffering from seemingly seasonal virus, having to take time off work to recover...

I've noticed this for about the last 7 years, like the symptoms are more severe.

Are they all men? "

Harsh lol

By *otsossieMan 22 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

Whooping cough is going around.

By *itygamesMan 22 weeks ago

UK

Could be something to do with all the refugees and asylum seekers entering our country, high percentage never been vaccinated from anything hence viruses etc are spreading like wildfire i read online a while ago

Spose it could be true

By *ophieslutTV/TS 22 weeks ago

Central

Could be our mixing and infection levels diminished somewhat with the pandemic, so our immunity reduced somewhat. There's Covid about, additionally to the regular seasonal viruses and many people now have reduced immunity to it, though may appear to be a cold.

I think there's also more reluctance to potentially infect others, possibly causing people to stay away from others, when they know they are unwell

By *orny PTMan 22 weeks ago

Peterborough

This spreadsheet lists the 21 countries which most people immigrating to the UK come from, and gives their vaccinations schedules, the name of the diseases or vaccines in the local language and, where available, the vaccines used in the countries of origin.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-and-international-immunisation-schedules-comparison-tool

The cold still has no vaccine and that's the one that I am avoiding!

By (user no longer on site) 22 weeks ago

Are they all men? "

Man flu is a terrible disease

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 22 weeks ago

Watford

When the governments of the world made you think that a seasonal virus was the end of the world, that's when you started to see all sorts of weird stuff for what was all just basically a virus that mostly killed elderly people.

By *ades76Man 22 weeks ago

Dorchester

"When the governments of the world made you think that a seasonal virus was the end of the world, that's when you started to see all sorts of weird stuff for what was all just basically a virus that mostly killed elderly people."

Correct

By *ldgeezermeMan 22 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"When the governments of the world made you think that a seasonal virus was the end of the world, that's when you started to see all sorts of weird stuff for what was all just basically a virus that mostly killed elderly people."

How delightful

By *aughtycouple1008Couple 22 weeks ago

west london

"Could be something to do with all the refugees and asylum seekers entering our country, high percentage never been vaccinated from anything hence viruses etc are spreading like wildfire i read online a while ago

Spose it could be true"

Peterborough

Are they all men?

Man flu is a terrible disease "

Simply the worst

Peterborough

A novel virus by definition cannot be seasonal.

By *entlemanrogueMan 22 weeks ago

Motherwell

I have the cold right now and it is a bad one.

It got passed from a female friend, to my Sub, to me, hopefully i didn't pollute the office with it yesterday.

By *inkygentkentMan 22 weeks ago

Maidstone

I went down with a cold 3 weeks ago and the cough is still lingering - I swear it has been worse than the two bouts of Covid I had.

By *nly DickCouple (MM) 22 weeks ago

chichester

I caught mumps (ouch) earlier this year . Was told it was reduced vaccinated over past 10 years

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 22 weeks ago

Watford

"When the governments of the world made you think that a seasonal virus was the end of the world, that's when you started to see all sorts of weird stuff for what was all just basically a virus that mostly killed elderly people.

A novel virus by definition cannot be seasonal. "

It's now seasonal. It happens every flu season.

Peterborough

"When the governments of the world made you think that a seasonal virus was the end of the world, that's when you started to see all sorts of weird stuff for what was all just basically a virus that mostly killed elderly people.

It's now seasonal. It happens every flu season."

I have to disagree. It is likely to become seasonal, but not yet. If it does become seasonal (winter), I'm sure we'll see the emergence of yearly COVID vaccines as opposed to boosters every 3-4 months.

By *highstrokerMan 22 weeks ago

Haverfordwest

Are they all men? "

Never underestimate Manthrax if you haven’t suffered with it yourself!

Peterborough

Are they all men?

Never underestimate Manthrax if you haven’t suffered with it yourself!"

Biiiiig difference - that's a bacterium , IE get antibiotics and stop whining

By *I TwoCouple 22 weeks ago

all around

It's now seasonal. It happens every flu season."

By definition

Novel

new and original; not like anything seen before: a novel idea/suggestion.

Therefore COVID is no longer "Novel" and has mutated significantly since it was novel

By *I TwoCouple 22 weeks ago

all around

And COVID is year round, not seasonal either....

Peterborough

It's now seasonal. It happens every flu season.

By definition

Novel

new and original; not like anything seen before: a novel idea/suggestion.

Therefore COVID is no longer "Novel" and has mutated significantly since it was novel"

Not sure whose point you're discussing.

By *onny123300Man 22 weeks ago

fleetwood

I lost 3 people all under 60 ..didnt seem like it was only killing elderly then

By *irldnCouple 22 weeks ago

Brighton

"Too many assholes refusing a simple vaccine for preventable viruses.

Come on now, people have to make informed decisions for themselves.

But mostly make uninformed decisions "

Oh come on let’s not start heading back into the binary arguments. There are so many shades of grey and this forum was always so quick to lump anyone questioning the Covid vaccines with conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers, whereas people surely have a right to just ask questions or be hesitant?

By * and M lookingCouple 22 weeks ago

Worcester

"Whooping cough is going around. "

I thought that was just an advert for Celebrations!

"I lost 3 people all under 60 ..didnt seem like it was only killing elderly then "

Yeah. I had a friend who was mid 30’s who died right at the start. And then right in the middle of Covid two more acquaintances in their mid 30’s died of it in the same week. This was a few weeks before the vaccine came out. They had actually had a party together and probably caught it at the same time.

So although it affected elderly people more, you definitely could still die of it young. Especially if you’re the type to try and rough it out instead of getting treatment as early as possible

Come on now, people have to make informed decisions for themselves."

Informed being the key word.

I have a friend who has just had a newborn and he’s not going to give her any childhood vaccines because he was “informed” from conspiracy theorists that it will do more harm than good, which isn’t true.

By *idnight RamblerMan 22 weeks ago

Pershore

But mostly make uninformed decisions

Oh come on let’s not start heading back into the binary arguments. There are so many shades of grey and this forum was always so quick to lump anyone questioning the Covid vaccines with conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers, whereas people surely have a right to just ask questions or be hesitant? "

I agree medicine isn't binary. It is instead a statistical science with a spectrum of benefit vs risk trade-offs. If people can interpret the data and make 'informed' decisions, fair enough. But lets not give credibility to tinfoil hat nonsense.

By *irldnCouple 22 weeks ago

Brighton

Oh come on let’s not start heading back into the binary arguments. There are so many shades of grey and this forum was always so quick to lump anyone questioning the Covid vaccines with conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers, whereas people surely have a right to just ask questions or be hesitant?

I agree medicine isn't binary. It is instead a statistical science with a spectrum of benefit vs risk trade-offs. If people can interpret the data and make 'informed' decisions, fair enough. But lets not give credibility to tinfoil hat nonsense."

You missed my point entirely!

By *uckoldDesiresMan 22 weeks ago

Dublin

"Could be something to do with all the refugees and asylum seekers entering our country, high percentage never been vaccinated from anything hence viruses etc are spreading like wildfire i read online a while ago

Spose it could be true"

Surely all the vaccinated locals would be ok then!!

Peterborough

I have a friend who has just had a newborn and he’s not going to give her any childhood vaccines because he was “informed” from conspiracy theorists that it will do more harm than good, which isn’t true."

Absolutely horrendous.

Peterborough

I agree medicine isn't binary. It is instead a statistical science with a spectrum of benefit vs risk trade-offs. If people can interpret the data and make 'informed' decisions, fair enough. But lets not give credibility to tinfoil hat nonsense."

"Tinfoil" nonsense can lead to further info not perpetrated (as it didn't align with either of the "binary" views), and be informative. It happened to me.

By *orny PTMan 22 weeks ago

Peterborough

Maybe people have realised that the common cold is best treated with rest and recovery, by staying home and NOT spreading a prolonged infection to their coleagues.

Iphones are stopping people from washing their hands., but not wiping their arse.

Common cold vaccine? I'll be first in that queue.

By *andAukCouple 20 weeks ago

leeds

We've been hit three times in as many weeks.

The first time I actually thought it was covid. Put me on my back for days, and all the symptoms I've suffered with Covid. Tested negative though.

Last week the Mrs started, all very similar symptoms to myself.

Two days ago I started again with the same symptoms as the first time.

So we've both been out of it over the Christmas weekend.

I feel that my colds are more severe after multiple bouts of covid.

I could still operate before, but now it puts me on my arse for days. It's really depressing and appears to be the norm going forward.

By (user no longer on site) 20 weeks ago

It's all the nudity...easy to get a chill

..brrrr

By *allySlinkyWoman 20 weeks ago

Leeds

"It's all the nudity...easy to get a chill

..brrrr"

Apparently it was the warmest Christmas Day for 26 years. But I kept my cardigan on.

Seasonal virus that killed my 49yr old Boss.. destroyed my lungs and had me in hospital for 3months..

but you keep on.. .

By *loydyMan 20 weeks ago

British

Myself personally think we live in a far to sterile society our bodies don't get used to fighting bugs

Are they all men?

Man flu is a terrible disease

Simply the worst"

Everyone knows women spread the virus as carriers, and men have to suffer as a consequence

By *iking 777Man 20 weeks ago

Kirkwall

Wide awake and full of snot here

By *ox1 red leaderMan 20 weeks ago

farnham

"Myself personally think we live in a far to sterile society our bodies don't get used to fighting bugs"

This!!! We've been over washing hands and masked up and now are bodies are picking up minor stuff and finding it harder to fight off as easily as before

By *oistvonlipwigMan 20 weeks ago

Lancaster

Up until last night, I haven't been ill in years and years, and that seems to have passed over the course of a few hours.

By *uggyMan 20 weeks ago

Nr Laugharne

I've noticed this for about the last 7 years, like the symptoms are more severe. "

I bet they have all been vaccinated as well.

I've stopped having the vaccine and have felt so much better.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 20 weeks ago

Reading

I bet they have all been vaccinated as well.

I've stopped having the vaccine and have felt so much better. "

But, how do you know if you'd feel even betterer if you'd had the vaccines?

By *abioMan 20 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

You know that phase we all went through where we all use to wear masks to cover your nose and mouth…

Who knew it was before it’s time…

By *arialoueWoman 20 weeks ago

bradford

I'm full of cold but started more like toncilitus than a cold, now I got coughing fits n constantly blowing my nose n I can barely breathe

By *arialoueWoman 20 weeks ago

bradford

I've only had the first 2 COVID jabs I never got asked to have the others n tbh I don't want em my health has gone down hill since I had the 1st 2 jabs

By *en_Dover79Man 20 weeks ago

Oswaldtwistle

it's winter.. shit happens

By *ootyfruityCouple 20 weeks ago

andover

I was approached by a man with a cold/flu fetish, he must be having the time of his life atm

Kirkwall

Yahhh mine went to a chest infection now on antibiotics from doctors.happy new year to me lol

Kirkwall

Hate it when lie down and start coughing like a twat slept sitting up last few night

By *exbecs12Woman 20 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

Colds all year round

Germs

Hygiene

What is sprayed in the air

By *BWLOVER1965Man 20 weeks ago

FRO

Cold since Boxing Day

Cant shake it at all

With any luck it will be gone by new year

Good Morning all

By *alleyDaveMan 20 weeks ago

Sheffield

"You know that phase we all went through where we all use to wear masks to cover your nose and mouth…

Who knew it was before it’s time…"

When was that ?

By *alandNitaCouple 20 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"You know that phase we all went through where we all use to wear masks to cover your nose and mouth…

When was that ? "

I think the point Fabio is making is: Wearing a mask when you have a cold, Flu, or other airborne bug, would reduce the spread in general.

I know some people are deeply offended by masks, but if it became the norm to stick a mask on for a few days when you're coughing and sneezing... surely that would be a good thing.

Cal

By *ust RachelTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Eastbourne

I have a friend who has just had a newborn and he’s not going to give her any childhood vaccines because he was “informed” from conspiracy theorists that it will do more harm than good, which isn’t true."

There is a teenager, just taken his parents to court as they never gave him the mumps vaccine. He got mumps and ended up disabled, he got a nice payout as well.

By *rodigalMan 16 weeks ago

sunderland

Got a bad cough had for 2 weeks loads of phlegm or Flem then choking on it anyone else got it is this 100 day cough?

By *abioMan 16 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Got a bad cough had for 2 weeks loads of phlegm or Flem then choking on it anyone else got it is this 100 day cough?"

No.. the 100 day cough is specifically whooping cough which you really need antibiotics to help recover from

The latest common strain of “the c word” can leave an after effect which is a cough you struggle to get rid off for a while….

So it might be worth your while getting the tests out again….

One other thing… if the cough doesn’t go away eventually… it might be worth your while seeing a doctor just to make sure you are not running around with “viral pneumonia”…..

By *ussex team upCouple (MM) 16 weeks ago

Sussex

I think people are less selfish and not wanting to pass it on throughout tge workforce

By *orny PTMan 16 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Whooping cough is going around. "

It's been described as the 100 day cough.

By *orny PTMan 16 weeks ago

Peterborough

When was that ?

I think the point Fabio is making is: Wearing a mask when you have a cold, Flu, or other airborne bug, would reduce the spread in general.

I know some people are deeply offended by masks, but if it became the norm to stick a mask on for a few days when you're coughing and sneezing... surely that would be a good thing.

Cal"

Does this mean putting mobile phones away when sitting on the loo and begrudgingly having to wash hands afterwards? (He said sarcastically).

By *izandpaulCouple 16 weeks ago

merseyside

"Got a bad cough had for 2 weeks loads of phlegm or Flem then choking on it anyone else got it is this 100 day cough?"

If you are coughing up any muck, nip to your GP and take a listen to your chest, it maybe a chest infection.

Mostly, the long lasting cough doing the rounds is a virus, fluids, paracetamol and rest.

Paul has been coughing since a week before Christmas, his chest is clear but sent for an x ray just to make sure nothing else going on.

Poor lad, he's been banished to the spare bedroom. Coughing most the night is driving me around the bend.

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

If you feel like you’re choking on mucus then you should see your GP asap, or go to a same day walk in clinic.

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

"Got a bad cough had for 2 weeks loads of phlegm or Flem then choking on it anyone else got it is this 100 day cough?

If you feel like you’re choking on mucus then you should see your GP asap, or go to a same day walk in clinic."

My GP has become almost imposible to see, it was easier to get an appointment during covid !

By *hirley OP   Man 15 weeks ago

somewhere

"Got a bad cough had for 2 weeks loads of phlegm or Flem then choking on it anyone else got it is this 100 day cough?

If you feel like you’re choking on mucus then you should see your GP asap, or go to a same day walk in clinic.

My GP has become almost imposible to see, it was easier to get an appointment during covid !"

The age of venture capitalism

By *urry sirMan 15 weeks ago

Woking

Because people make a bigger deal out of it now days that's why .

» Add a new message to this topic