FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Derek Draper death

Derek Draper death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple 19 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Very sadly finally succumbed to complications as a direct result from COVID.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ick and lisaCouple 19 weeks ago

hull

So so sad 4 years of hurt for this family ?? xx

By *eau and ArrowCouple 19 weeks ago

Bromsgrove

Nice to see a thread with some respect, the other one that has been started lacks decorum

By *illy197269Woman 19 weeks ago

Cardiff

Very sad new RIP

By *lym4realCouple 19 weeks ago

plymouth

Sad news .....

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

Sad . But David Soul affected me more . Child of the 70s

By *ophieslutTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 05/01/24 21:06:45]

By *ophieslutTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Central

Such tragically sad news, that must have had so much pain for his family

The widespread damage that this virus is capable of inflicting on anyone is phenomenal and alarming. That, by chance, the current virus mutations have left it with a more limited impact, shows how fortunate we are compared to him. We have seemed to forget that Could could mutate and become as harmful and more infectious again.

By *hawn ScottMan 19 weeks ago

london Brixton

As someone that had long covid. I spent nearly a year in bed, unable to breathe and could barely shower without sleeping for 2 hours afterwards.

I got better but it left me with lasting heath problems and I'm one of the lucky ones.

If somebody days covid is a myth or just a cold or is a covid conspiracy theorist.

I feel like giving them a smack in the eye

By *ameshertsMan 19 weeks ago

Herts

Makes you feel so grateful for the vaccine. RIP

By *ackformore100Man 19 weeks ago

Tin town

Maybe but this a tribute to draper. Sad and horrific death.

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

Very sad news.

By *erry bull1Man 19 weeks ago

doncaster

Looking at his pics when he was diagnosed to the ones before he passed away , the disease completely destroyed the poor man RIP

By *melie LALWoman 19 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Very sadly finally succumbed to complications as a direct result from COVID.

"

Very sad

By *melie LALWoman 19 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Sad . But David Soul affected me more . Child of the 70s "

Didn't hear of this - loved Starsky and Hutch

By *otuseater11Man 19 weeks ago

IRVINE

Rip fly high

By *asycouple1971Couple 19 weeks ago

midlands

Sad news but I suspect alot of people are in the same situation.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 19 weeks ago

Reading

"Nice to see a thread with some respect, the other one that has been started lacks decorum"

Yes indeed

By *ossannCouple 19 weeks ago

London

I thought he was lovely when she was in I'm a celeb. Really started to 'ship them. I am really quite sad about it

By *unlovin72Man 19 weeks ago

BARNSLEY

"Very sadly finally succumbed to complications as a direct result from COVID.

"

Very sad to see as I can imagine we all have had family and friends who had been through the same (I have)

And well done for posting this and being respectful it's great to see nice folk are still out there on this site among all the idiots

By *londebiguyMan 19 weeks ago

Southport

"As someone that had long covid. I spent nearly a year in bed, unable to breathe and could barely shower without sleeping for 2 hours afterwards.

I got better but it left me with lasting heath problems and I'm one of the lucky ones.

If somebody days covid is a myth or just a cold or is a covid conspiracy theorist.

I feel like giving them a smack in the eye"

Exactly.

I'm not as bad but I'm easily tired out now with long covid

By *ugby 123Couple 19 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Sad news but I suspect alot of people are in the same situation.

"

There are sadly. If this wasn't highlighted then no one would probably know how bad it is has affected some people.

couple, us we him her.

There are sadly. If this wasn't highlighted then no one would probably know how bad it is has affected some people."

My sister has been left permanently disabled and had to take medical retirement due to COVID and long covid.

My aerobic capacity has massively decreased and I'm still struggling.

So seeing him finally succumb to the virus really resonated with me,I count myself very lucky now.

My sister can barely walk up a flight or stairs without assistance so it's definitely real for many.

couple, us we him her.

No private messages please

By *eepmekeenWoman 19 weeks ago

liverpool/Manchester

I'm always sad when anybody passes away unecessarily and the virus really has been in my opinion an unnecessary event in life but omg. Hasn't she milked it for everything she can. I remember reading the newspaper articles from her saying she didn't know how to pay the bills as her partner did all that and how she couldn't cope with taking the children to school as he always did those tasks. Well maybe she will have to sort herself out now and be like 99% of the country that have lost loved ones to this tragedy.i'm sure the surviving partners have just got on with life.

By *ugby 123Couple 18 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There are sadly. If this wasn't highlighted then no one would probably know how bad it is has affected some people.

My sister has been left permanently disabled and had to take medical retirement due to COVID and long covid.

My aerobic capacity has massively decreased and I'm still struggling.

So seeing him finally succumb to the virus really resonated with me,I count myself very lucky now.

My sister can barely walk up a flight or stairs without assistance so it's definitely real for many."

Did you both get covid early on?

By *ugby 123Couple 18 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'm always sad when anybody passes away unecessarily and the virus really has been in my opinion an unnecessary event in life but omg. Hasn't she milked it for everything she can. I remember reading the newspaper articles from her saying she didn't know how to pay the bills as her partner did all that and how she couldn't cope with taking the children to school as he always did those tasks. Well maybe she will have to sort herself out now and be like 99% of the country that have lost loved ones to this tragedy.i'm sure the surviving partners have just got on with life. "

That is life for a lot of couples to be fair. It is why a famous money man always tells people to learn about the finances if you don't do it in the relationship now.

I am not sure talking about your husbands illness and how it has affected you is milking it, but because she is in the spotlight then it has highlighted the issues that some people are having, like the poster above.

Of course like Covid, long covid will be denied by some, but it is real for many people even if not on the same scale as Dereks was.

By *naswingdressWoman 18 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm always sad when anybody passes away unecessarily and the virus really has been in my opinion an unnecessary event in life but omg. Hasn't she milked it for everything she can. I remember reading the newspaper articles from her saying she didn't know how to pay the bills as her partner did all that and how she couldn't cope with taking the children to school as he always did those tasks. Well maybe she will have to sort herself out now and be like 99% of the country that have lost loved ones to this tragedy.i'm sure the surviving partners have just got on with life. "

Or maybe they're suffering too - and as more and more people get long Covid, being aware of just how debilitating it can be might help create and strengthen support networks for those who suffer. Rather than sweeping them under the carpet like we do for ME/CFS (unless we want to kick the vulnerable for funsies).

I find the whole "just get on with life" mantra profoundly callous.

By *rauntonbananaMan 18 weeks ago

Braunton

"Such tragically sad news, that must have had so much pain for his family

The widespread damage that this virus is capable of inflicting on anyone is phenomenal and alarming. That, by chance, the current virus mutations have left it with a more limited impact, shows how fortunate we are compared to him. We have seemed to forget that Could could mutate and become as harmful and more infectious again. "

I’ve had three friend die and one currently riddled with cancer due to lack of diagnosis during the period when the NHS became the National Covid Service..and that’s the tip of the stinking iceberg

By *rauntonbananaMan 18 weeks ago

Braunton

The widespread damage that this virus is capable of inflicting on anyone is phenomenal and alarming. That, by chance, the current virus mutations have left it with a more limited impact, shows how fortunate we are compared to him. We have seemed to forget that Could could mutate and become as harmful and more infectious again.

I’ve had three friend die and one currently riddled with cancer due to lack of diagnosis during the period when the NHS became the National Covid Service..and that’s the tip of the stinking iceberg "

THAT’S ALARMING !!!!

By *uliette500Woman 18 weeks ago

Hull

Really?

Was there any need for this?

The rest of the thread has been really respectful and you throw this in.

In many relationships partners have their specific roles that maybe the other doesn't know how to do. I hear this often when I speak to people, my own mother did not know how to put petrol in the car until my Dad was seriously ill and she had to do it. When my mum passed my dad had to be taught how to work the washing machine and how to cook because mum always did it.

When you are grieving or have a partner or spouse who is seriously ill these little things suddenly feel like mountains you need to climb.

I speak as someone who lived with a disabled and terminally ill partner for a year and then dealt with him passing away.

If you've never lost a partner you won't understand but please don't belittle someone for struggling with day to day life in these situations because the struggles are real and feel enormous and overwhelming at the time.

Manchester (she/her)

I’ve had three friend die and one currently riddled with cancer due to lack of diagnosis during the period when the NHS became the National Covid Service..and that’s the tip of the stinking iceberg "

Yes, a lot of bad things happened during a time of international emergency. Maybe it's a reason why we should actually reflect on what we did, why, and how we can learn for next time (and even how we can work to prevent pandemics), rather than just say "get on with life".

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm always sad when anybody passes away unecessarily and the virus really has been in my opinion an unnecessary event in life but omg. Hasn't she milked it for everything she can. I remember reading the newspaper articles from her saying she didn't know how to pay the bills as her partner did all that and how she couldn't cope with taking the children to school as he always did those tasks. Well maybe she will have to sort herself out now and be like 99% of the country that have lost loved ones to this tragedy.i'm sure the surviving partners have just got on with life.

Really?

Was there any need for this?

The rest of the thread has been really respectful and you throw this in.

In many relationships partners have their specific roles that maybe the other doesn't know how to do. I hear this often when I speak to people, my own mother did not know how to put petrol in the car until my Dad was seriously ill and she had to do it. When my mum passed my dad had to be taught how to work the washing machine and how to cook because mum always did it.

When you are grieving or have a partner or spouse who is seriously ill these little things suddenly feel like mountains you need to climb.

I speak as someone who lived with a disabled and terminally ill partner for a year and then dealt with him passing away.

If you've never lost a partner you won't understand but please don't belittle someone for struggling with day to day life in these situations because the struggles are real and feel enormous and overwhelming at the time. "

I think it was inevitable, sadly.

My mind goes to the people who are profoundly debilitated by Long Covid, who need to spend 20+ hours a day in bed, and people are encouraging us to forget, whether they live or die. And their families.

By *ldgeezermeMan 18 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

I’ve had three friend die and one currently riddled with cancer due to lack of diagnosis during the period when the NHS became the National Covid Service..and that’s the tip of the stinking iceberg

THAT’S ALARMING !!!! "

What's alarming is that you replied to your own post

By *ackformore100Man 18 weeks ago

Tin town

I'm not sure whether she is milking anything or not. Certainly the media have dined out very well on the story for 2 years and it saved the content providers from actually having to work for a living. Just print picture of media darling and picture of dying husband and a few pithy words... Job done.

By *orkshire biMan 18 weeks ago

elland

Very sad but would it not have been kinder to let him go earlier rather than keeping going and suffering more and more when he wasn't going to get any better.

Tin town

"Very sad but would it not have been kinder to let him go earlier rather than keeping going and suffering more and more when he wasn't going to get any better."

Isn't that a choice for their family to make and in conjunction with the doctors?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 18 weeks ago

Central

"I'm always sad when anybody passes away unecessarily and the virus really has been in my opinion an unnecessary event in life but omg. Hasn't she milked it for everything she can. I remember reading the newspaper articles from her saying she didn't know how to pay the bills as her partner did all that and how she couldn't cope with taking the children to school as he always did those tasks. Well maybe she will have to sort herself out now and be like 99% of the country that have lost loved ones to this tragedy.i'm sure the surviving partners have just got on with life.

I'm not sure whether she is milking anything or not. Certainly the media have dined out very well on the story for 2 years and it saved the content providers from actually having to work for a living. Just print picture of media darling and picture of dying husband and a few pithy words... Job done. "

I'm sure it's going to have been the media, not her, who have benefitted and milked her awful position, that most of us empathise strongly with. I don't really know her but I can't imagine how terrible it's been for her and the family.

Tin town

I'm not sure whether she is milking anything or not. Certainly the media have dined out very well on the story for 2 years and it saved the content providers from actually having to work for a living. Just print picture of media darling and picture of dying husband and a few pithy words... Job done.

I'm sure it's going to have been the media, not her, who have benefitted and milked her awful position, that most of us empathise strongly with. I don't really know her but I can't imagine how terrible it's been for her and the family. "

Exactly, none of us know. But one might reasonably imagine she would want to be afforded some privacy when she's grieving, like the rest of us would.

By *melie LALWoman 18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Very sad but would it not have been kinder to let him go earlier rather than keeping going and suffering more and more when he wasn't going to get any better."

Are you advocating euthanasia?

By *orset.JMan 18 weeks ago

Weymouth

"Very sad but would it not have been kinder to let him go earlier rather than keeping going and suffering more and more when he wasn't going to get any better.

Are you advocating euthanasia? "

I think Kate has done the right thing in keeping this in the media- highlighting the need for further research and treatment. We all have to potential of developing LC in the future without any mitigations - the fact we are talking about it is a good thing

By *averickPlayboyRenegadeMan 18 weeks ago

south

Sad. But the uncomfortable reality is, he was a minority within a minority within a minority.

Weymouth

"Sad. But the uncomfortable reality is, he was a minority within a minority within a minority.

"

The uncomfortable reality is that the assumption has been made that most of us think we have cleared the virus when in reality Covid like most coronavirus can lurk in immune privileged sites within the body ( eyes/brain/ gut/ testicles)- at low levels but stimulating our immune system in a very deleterious manner.

Also, without mitigations or treatment's- future- continuous waves of Covid will increase these numbers .

Purely from an economic standpoint and not in anyway minimising the suffering of thousands , we cannot afford to live with this virus long term.

By *melie LALWoman 18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Sad. But the uncomfortable reality is, he was a minority within a minority within a minority.

The uncomfortable reality is that the assumption has been made that most of us think we have cleared the virus when in reality Covid like most coronavirus can lurk in immune privileged sites within the body ( eyes/brain/ gut/ testicles)- at low levels but stimulating our immune system in a very deleterious manner.

Also, without mitigations or treatment's- future- continuous waves of Covid will increase these numbers .

Purely from an economic standpoint and not in anyway minimising the suffering of thousands , we cannot afford to live with this virus long term.

"

Your first paragraph, where have you got that info from please?

By *alleyDaveMan 18 weeks ago

Sheffield

I wish I saw the same sympathy for the people who had died from cancer because their scans were cancelled because of the lockdowns .People who would still be alive ,and quite maybe cured had they been allowed to go for their scans and treatment during covid .

Kids missed the best part of two years education because of the lockdowns , where us the sympathy for them?

Many thousands of self employed people lost their livelihoods because of lockdowns because they wernt entitled to furlough payments ..where is the sympathy for them .?

By *irldnCouple 18 weeks ago

Brighton

"I wish I saw the same sympathy for the people who had died from cancer because their scans were cancelled because of the lockdowns .People who would still be alive ,and quite maybe cured had they been allowed to go for their scans and treatment during covid .

Kids missed the best part of two years education because of the lockdowns , where us the sympathy for them?

Many thousands of self employed people lost their livelihoods because of lockdowns because they wernt entitled to furlough payments ..where is the sympathy for them .?

"

How do you know there isn’t?

In this instance the public nature of what happened to Derek Drapper acted as a proxy for the multitudes who suffered and lost loved ones.

The whole Covid Pandemic period was awful. Not just Covid itself but the knock on effect in other areas.

By *illan-KillashMan 18 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"I wish I saw the same sympathy for the people who had died from cancer because their scans were cancelled because of the lockdowns .People who would still be alive ,and quite maybe cured had they been allowed to go for their scans and treatment during covid .

"

Because you don't see the sympathy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 18 weeks ago

Reading

Because you don't see the sympathy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

"

Yep, this exactly.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I wasn't aware this was a zero sum game, that you could only feel sympathy for one thing at a time.

"your grandpa died? well fuck him, because Draper is dead". Is that how anything works? Nah, didn't think so.

And yet - despite the endless coverage about the knock on effects of Covid disruptions in the NHS and education - people like to insist that caring about Covid means that we're not caring about anything else.

I mean, man, I can walk and chew gum. I dunno about you.

Tin town

"

Different thread mate. Show a bit of class.

Weymouth

I have huge sympathy for them but the truth about the lockdowns is that they wound have been far shorter periods if we locked down much sooner particularly in the first and second waves when the virus numbers were doubling every 6-7 days . So not only did people die unnecessarily because the late lockdown- their prolonged nature indirectly affected the lives of those with other conditions too.

The government indecision and particularly BJ over those critical periods cost literally thousands of lives both directly and indirectly

"

» Add a new message to this topic