FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > STI/D tests

STI/D tests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xeterCandR OP   Couple 17 weeks ago

Digby & Sowton, Exeter

Has anyone found affordable home STI testing kits for people in the Devon/Exeter area that are for over 24s, all the ones I've seen to date are around £100 a pop? I know we can go to a sexual health clinic but the convenience of doing from home would be so much better.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ameshertsMan 17 weeks ago

Herts

sh24.org.uk

By *oft_SensualTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Yorkshire

The Insti/Passante home HIV tests are quite affordable but obviously are just that and their window period is 8 weeks rather than the 4 you'd get at a clinic.

By *pandjMan 17 weeks ago

yeovil

In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic.

By *exy CJWoman 17 weeks ago

Launceston

If its just chlamydia and gonorrhea, superdrug do a home testing kit for £40

By *aughtystaffs60Couple 17 weeks ago

Staffordshire

"sh24.org.uk"

We use this every time but you have to enter your postcode to see if you are able to take advantage of their free service. Luckily we are so from time to time I get a kit and the service thus far has been superb. Hope you can use it too.

By *hareapairMan 17 weeks ago

Worcs (_hareapair/Sam)

I don't think SH24 cover OP's region sadly, though still worth vhecking via post code. I expect they are posting here for that very reason.

SH24's sister site Fettle does sell tests, individually they don't cost too much, for a full spread you normally get with SH24 it's gonna be about £80 and you can broaden it for £30 or so more.

By *implynaughty1Couple 17 weeks ago

stockport

No we just pop to are sexual health clinic not paying that stupid amount of money when it's for free and they give out free condoms bonus

By *onynickiCouple 17 weeks ago

Bournemouth

We use Confidante STI testing ……. Test for 10 STIs

N

Xxx

By *aviniaCDTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Leeds (close to GAP)

I use SH.UK for totally free home tests every 3 months. Check if your area is eligible then register. Kis are sent to you and results very quick to come back then they email a reminder for next time. Brilliant! x x

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"Has anyone found affordable home STI testing kits for people in the Devon/Exeter area that are for over 24s, all the ones I've seen to date are around £100 a pop? I know we can go to a sexual health clinic but the convenience of doing from home would be so much better. "

Just checked. Yourship.uk covers North Devon and Exeter. They send them to your house.

Digby & Sowton, Exeter

Thank you all for your suggestions, some are ones I hadn't heard of or looked at. Some more research to do with your suggestions

Once again thank you. X

By *he milf next doorWoman 17 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic."
well not everyone can get out of work to visit a clinic ever thought of that

Digby & Sowton, Exeter

"In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic. well not everyone can get out of work to visit a clinic ever thought of that "

That is partly my issue. X

Cardiff-ish

"In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic. well not everyone can get out of work to visit a clinic ever thought of that

That is partly my issue. X"

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 17 weeks ago

London (She/ Her)

[Removed by poster at 14/01/24 20:50:25]

By *eterandJaneadventuresCouple 17 weeks ago

Sutton

Try contacting your local NHS Trust GU clinic for advice. We get ours free through the NHS.

By *he Silver FuxMan 17 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

It bugs me that there isn’t consistent home STI testing across U.K.

For Exeter Devon it’s Freetest.me . You will need to answer their questions in a way that puts you at ‘high risk’ and allows you to order what they call a GUM or 4-in-1 Kit which includes blood sampling as well as the swabs

By *lasphemousGirlWoman 17 weeks ago

Cambs

Sh24 or fettle but also Lloyd's pharmacy online are reasonably priced if you need to pay I've found their service extremely good.

yeovil

"In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic. well not everyone can get out of work to visit a clinic ever thought of that "

Well yes and it is very convenient but sometimes it's be good to chat to someone face to face. Also the sh.uk site they use doesn't seem to offer the full range of tests that the GUM clinic did. No extra bonus of free condoms either.

Using the kit to draw blood can be a pain in the ass too.

By *lumPuddingCouple 17 weeks ago

Doncaster

"In Somerset it seems like all they do are home kits instead of the old skool GUM clinic. well not everyone can get out of work to visit a clinic ever thought of that

Well yes and it is very convenient but sometimes it's be good to chat to someone face to face. Also the sh.uk site they use doesn't seem to offer the full range of tests that the GUM clinic did. No extra bonus of free condoms either.

Using the kit to draw blood can be a pain in the ass too."

More of a pain in the fingertips!

By *he Silver FuxMan 17 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"Sh24 or fettle but also Lloyd's pharmacy online are reasonably priced if you need to pay I've found their service extremely good. "

As per my post above - SH:24 only serves certain areas - it’s not available in Devon

Cardiff-ish

omg you wouldn’t get the “free condoms” it’s a sad world if you can’t afford them

yeovil

Using the kit to draw blood can be a pain in the ass too.omg you wouldn’t get the “free condoms” it’s a sad world if you can’t afford them "

Yes that's the main reason I've given for wanting to go into a GUM clinic and not described it as a bonus on top of the other reasons.

Would be sad if work were that bad I couldn't get paid time off for medical appointments...

By *londebiguyMan 17 weeks ago

Southport

Your local Sexual health clinic will be so much better.

They are excellent, professional and discreet.

By *ameshertsMan 16 weeks ago

Herts

You're doing it wrong

By *actilenorfolkgentMan 14 weeks ago

Norwich

Seems SH24 are age limited!

By *urBucketlistCouple 14 weeks ago

Benidorm (10-13th May)

Loads of instant home tests on amazon and Ebay.

Search "instant sti kit" on Ebay. They aren't expensive.

By *iguycambsTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Huntingdon / St Ives

I use sh.uk

They send a kit out in the post, you take some swabs and a finger prick blood thing and post it back. within a few days you have results back and it's all free.

By *urBucketlistCouple 14 weeks ago

Benidorm (10-13th May)

"I use sh.uk

They send a kit out in the post, you take some swabs and a finger prick blood thing and post it back. within a few days you have results back and it's all free."

Sadly it's not available everywhere. It's funded locally by the NHS Trust so coverage varies based on your trust.

By *usie pTV/TS 13 weeks ago

taunton

Had the tests in Somerset this week, when looking on line for the number it did offer a postal test kit presumably free on NHS but went to the clinic in Taunton, was offered a more local place to go, rang monday appointment wednesday, results back Friday all clear, super efficient, not offered free condoms tho lol. The service is called SWISH in somerset.

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

"Has anyone found affordable home STI testing kits for people in the Devon/Exeter area that are for over 24s, all the ones I've seen to date are around £100 a pop? I know we can go to a sexual health clinic but the convenience of doing from home would be so much better. "

What has this got to do with the virus...?

By *ldgeezermeMan 13 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"Has anyone found affordable home STI testing kits for people in the Devon/Exeter area that are for over 24s, all the ones I've seen to date are around £100 a pop? I know we can go to a sexual health clinic but the convenience of doing from home would be so much better.

What has this got to do with the virus...? "

The forum isn't called The Virus

And once you know what the V stands for in HIV all will become clear

By *herry delightWoman 13 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

"Seems SH24 are age limited! "

It's not available in north Devon

By *HE ONLY PLAN IS NO PLANMan 13 weeks ago

Westmidlands

Umberella run by NHS in Birmingham ,they send a kit in post free of charge ,do the test send off you get notified by text ,positive ,Negative, surely it must be cross country. NO charge

By *urBucketlistCouple 13 weeks ago

Benidorm (10-13th May)

"Umberella run by NHS in Birmingham ,they send a kit in post free of charge ,do the test send off you get notified by text ,positive ,Negative, surely it must be cross country. NO charge"

Sadly not. It varies massively by each nhs trust.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple 13 weeks ago

always in the kitchen at parties

There’s a clinic on sidwell street that’s free for you.

By *ornyHotwife!Woman 13 weeks ago

Exeter

Sidwell clinic is brilliant. I prefer to go in as they also do my contraceptive injection at the same time but hubby has home testing from them for free after his first visit. No need to spend a fortune on it.

They even test some things there and then for immediate results and medication.

No judgement at at either

Ilfracombe

"Umberella run by NHS in Birmingham ,they send a kit in post free of charge ,do the test send off you get notified by text ,positive ,Negative, surely it must be cross country. NO charge"

Again not available in Devon

By *atureBoySouthMan 13 weeks ago

Fareham

Every NHS trust is able to offer testing, both at clinics, and by home testing kits, which are often the preferred way these days.

For Devon, your testing is available via: https://www.devonsexualhealth.nhs.uk/

Benidorm (10-13th May)

"Has anyone found affordable home STI testing kits for people in the Devon/Exeter area that are for over 24s, all the ones I've seen to date are around £100 a pop? I know we can go to a sexual health clinic but the convenience of doing from home would be so much better.

Every NHS trust is able to offer testing, both at clinics, and by home testing kits, which are often the preferred way these days.

For Devon, your testing is available via: https://www.devonsexualhealth.nhs.uk/"

Not all trusts off home testing.

That link you've just provided only offers home testing to younger adults.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Central

For someone not covered by free home kits, would it be possible to get a kit to friends in an area with coverage and then for them to forward it to you?

It's such a pity that funding to local councils has been cut by £billions, making it tougher for STI services funded by them

By *nt1845Man 13 weeks ago

Wakefield

Lloyds pharmacy online about £60

Benidorm (10-13th May)

"Lloyds pharmacy online about £60"

Look at instant tests on eBay. I can't vouch for their accuracy but they seem legit and only a few £

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 13 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

For those not covered by sh uk, try creating an account and trying again while you are logged in. If I just enter my postcode, it says I can't get a test kit. If I log in and go to the 'my account' section, then a button for ordering a home testing kit is available there.

By *ip...Man 13 weeks ago

Wrexham

In Wales, they are free. And I believe England are starting to roll this out.

By *atureGuy62Man 13 weeks ago

DE7

"sh24.org.uk"

this, comes by post

By *ip...Man 13 weeks ago

Wrexham

https://www.thesexualhealthhub.co.uk/stis/at-home-sti-test-kit/

This site might be helpful x

By *andC1000Couple 13 weeks ago

Ashford

Plenty of free options available we get our regular ones from sh.uk but will also buy online if we’ve been more active than usual and never begrudge paying. Personal opinion I know, but it is our choice to have the fun we do and why should Joe Public be paying for our choice, similarly I pay for my contraception as again it’s my choice. I appreciate it’s a drop in the ocean to the nhs but there are plenty out there that would benefit over the freebies than ourselves.

By *enelope2UWoman 13 weeks ago

Fife

I use test me.. the kits come in the post free return shipping fast results log in online to review.

Ilfracombe

"https://www.thesexualhealthhub.co.uk/stis/at-home-sti-test-kit/

This site might be helpful x "

Again not available in Devon

» Add a new message to this topic