FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Around the world in 80 weighs

Around the world in 80 weighs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 17 weeks ago

Peterborough

A series of 5 episodes on channel 4,charting 6 Brits with obesity.

The first country was Tokyo. They lost approx 2.5 stone between them in the first week.

The cultural differences how those in the city treat those who are obese, and the high responsibility of employers to keep their employees healthy.

It wouldn't put me off of moving to Tokyo (the volcano might ).

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Peterborough

I just thought I'd throw this in to see if people really wanted this forum for health.

Obesity is a health issue.

By *ackformore100Man 17 weeks ago

Tin town

"I just thought I'd throw this in to see if people really wanted this forum for health.

Obesity is a health issue."

Of course it is. And education. And also apparently very entertaining. Now pass me the just eat menu and the TV remote please.

By *ik MMan 17 weeks ago

PDI

"A series of 5 episodes on channel 4,charting 6 Brits with obesity.

The first country was Tokyo. They lost approx 2.5 stone between them in the first week.

The cultural differences how those in the city treat those who are obese, and the high responsibility of employers to keep their employees healthy.

It wouldn't put me off of moving to Tokyo (the volcano might )."

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

2. I want my employers to pay me for working for them and pay me for not working 30 days a year. Anything else is overreach

3. It’s my responsibility to keep myself healthy. If my clothes start to feel tight I know I need to eat better and move my lard ass. If I choose not to it’s still my responsibility

4. Are you trying to bankrupt the NHS, or make them totally ineffective?

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

2. I want my employers to pay me for working for them and pay me for not working 30 days a year. Anything else is overreach

3. It’s my responsibility to keep myself healthy. If my clothes start to feel tight I know I need to eat better and move my lard ass. If I choose not to it’s still my responsibility

4. Are you trying to bankrupt the NHS, or make them totally ineffective? "

Obese people will bankrupt the NHS soon. So we need to tackle the issue now.

By *ik MMan 17 weeks ago

PDI

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Obese people will bankrupt the NHS soon. So we need to tackle the issue now."

Obesity in the NHS will ensure they will become too busy dealing with their own staff to have time for the rest of the country

By *ellaboo400Couple 17 weeks ago

Gorebridge

I can't preach enough about the carnivore diet, listen to Anthony Chaffee the plant free MD, he knows all the science I've never felt so amazing it's endless energy and all my pain has gone, my skin is clear, iv started ovulating after not doing it for 10 years, my hair and nails are growing faster and in much better condition, my skin and lips feel moisturised and plump, all my gut and esophagus problems are completely gone, hip pain is gone, I don't get sore after exercise either the list goes on I absolutely love it

Gorebridge

"I can't preach enough about the carnivore diet, listen to Anthony Chaffee the plant free MD, he knows all the science I've never felt so amazing it's endless energy and all my pain has gone, my skin is clear, iv started ovulating after not doing it for 10 years, my hair and nails are growing faster and in much better condition, my skin and lips feel moisturised and plump, all my gut and esophagus problems are completely gone, hip pain is gone, I don't get sore after exercise either the list goes on I absolutely love it "

And I've lost 17lbs

By *londebiguyMan 17 weeks ago

Southport

It wouldn't put me off of moving to Tokyo (the volcano might )."

Tokyo is a very odd place really.

Fascinating though .

Obesity is a huge problem now and so many people take no responsibility for themselves.

It's disgraceful really that we all end up paying when the NHS is so stretched already.

By *arlot o scaraWoman 17 weeks ago

Hell

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

She’s a person posting on fab, not the Tory health secretary. Your frustrations seem misplaced at best

Southport

"I can't preach enough about the carnivore diet, listen to Anthony Chaffee the plant free MD, he knows all the science I've never felt so amazing it's endless energy and all my pain has gone, my skin is clear, iv started ovulating after not doing it for 10 years, my hair and nails are growing faster and in much better condition, my skin and lips feel moisturised and plump, all my gut and esophagus problems are completely gone, hip pain is gone, I don't get sore after exercise either the list goes on I absolutely love it "

Absolutely no controlled studies support any of these claims.

It's another fad diet and likely not healthy for most people in the long term.

By *leasureseekers123Couple 17 weeks ago

Hythe

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

I was waiting for someone to point out that Tokyo isn’t a country. Made me chuckle

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Ooops yeah Japan is the country, silly me. I jumped ahead to Tokyo because I got the impression the culture shown is particular to the city.

Btw, how is advertising the programme going to bankrupt the NHS?

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Obese people will bankrupt the NHS soon. So we need to tackle the issue now."

It's multifactorial. The government need to do their bit to aid prevention and fund the NHS for treatment.

Continuously granting licences for food outlets is not helping.

The government could look to countries like Japan for evidential strategies.

Gorebridge

"I can't preach enough about the carnivore diet, listen to Anthony Chaffee the plant free MD, he knows all the science I've never felt so amazing it's endless energy and all my pain has gone, my skin is clear, iv started ovulating after not doing it for 10 years, my hair and nails are growing faster and in much better condition, my skin and lips feel moisturised and plump, all my gut and esophagus problems are completely gone, hip pain is gone, I don't get sore after exercise either the list goes on I absolutely love it

"

There's a ton of studies it's absolutely not a fad and you clearly haven't looked at it, plants contain a lot of toxins that we can't deal with like oxalates and lectins. People have reversed diabetes and all sorts of autoimmune with carnivore

Peterborough

I am glad you found something that works for you.

There are so many diets out there, it's finding the right one for yourself. I advocate the balanced diet (NHS eatwell guide) before trying anything else, watching portion sizes, and drinking a glass of water before meals and during "hunger pangs" as some people misinterpret thirst for hunger.

Peterborough

Fascinating though .

Obesity is a huge problem now and so many people take no responsibility for themselves.

It's disgraceful really that we all end up paying when the NHS is so stretched already."

Sorry for the pun but the issue is bigger than just a person's responsibility. It's a disease.

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

She’s a person posting on fab, not the Tory health secretary. Your frustrations seem misplaced at best "

thanks

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

I was waiting for someone to point out that Tokyo isn’t a country. Made me chuckle "

Shhhhh

Gorebridge

"I can't preach enough about the carnivore diet, listen to Anthony Chaffee the plant free MD, he knows all the science I've never felt so amazing it's endless energy and all my pain has gone, my skin is clear, iv started ovulating after not doing it for 10 years, my hair and nails are growing faster and in much better condition, my skin and lips feel moisturised and plump, all my gut and esophagus problems are completely gone, hip pain is gone, I don't get sore after exercise either the list goes on I absolutely love it

There are so many diets out there, it's finding the right one for yourself. I advocate the balanced diet (NHS eatwell guide) before trying anything else, watching portion sizes, and drinking a glass of water before meals and during "hunger pangs" as some people misinterpret thirst for hunger."

As Anthony Chaffee says no other animal in nature measures portion sizes, counts calories, stops eating before they're satiated or eats things that taste bad and on this diet you eat intuitively so you eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied and don't eat again until you're hungry again. It's worth a look it makes so much sense, it feels so natural, I'm 38 and feeling better than I did in my 20's and so do loads of other people

Peterborough

There's a ton of studies it's absolutely not a fad and you clearly haven't looked at it, plants contain a lot of toxins that we can't deal with like oxalates and lectins. People have reversed diabetes and all sorts of autoimmune with carnivore "

A balanced diet can reverse non-insulin dependant diabetes, IE type 2.

There is a correlation between increase in processed food and increase in autoimmune diseases, however, correlation is not causation. Reducing processed food is a good idea. (I can give a rationale if wanted).

Gorebridge

There's a ton of studies it's absolutely not a fad and you clearly haven't looked at it, plants contain a lot of toxins that we can't deal with like oxalates and lectins. People have reversed diabetes and all sorts of autoimmune with carnivore

There is a correlation between increase in processed food and increase in autoimmune diseases, however, correlation is not causation. Reducing processed food is a good idea. (I can give a rationale if wanted)."

I just had a look at the NHS eatwell guide and they promote wholegrain which is higher on the glycemic index than sugar, gluten is incredibly damaging on the gut and they're also promoting low fat vegetable oil spreads which are carcinogenic, I'll pass thanx I only eat meat (mostly beef), some eggs and drink water and take lots of Celtic sea salt. Lots of doctors have written books on the lies about fat and cholesterol, I ate a whole block of Kerrygold butter yesterday at work lol we need it, your brain needs fat especially

Peterborough

There are so many diets out there, it's finding the right one for yourself. I advocate the balanced diet (NHS eatwell guide) before trying anything else, watching portion sizes, and drinking a glass of water before meals and during "hunger pangs" as some people misinterpret thirst for hunger.

As Anthony Chaffee says no other animal in nature measures portion sizes, counts calories, stops eating before they're satiated or eats things that taste bad and on this diet you eat intuitively so you eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied and don't eat again until you're hungry again. It's worth a look it makes so much sense, it feels so natural, I'm 38 and feeling better than I did in my 20's and so do loads of other people"

I'm not disputing what you say and this diet sounds as though it would be good for me personally as I'm carb sensitive. However, I have to advocate a balanced diet first and foremost.

Studies (on mice or rats, I cannot recall) have shown the brain food sated receptor switches off when eating sugar and fat combinations. So the nonstop eating (and cravings of) chocolate/biscuits/cakes/ice cream is actually understandable.

Gorebridge

As Anthony Chaffee says no other animal in nature measures portion sizes, counts calories, stops eating before they're satiated or eats things that taste bad and on this diet you eat intuitively so you eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied and don't eat again until you're hungry again. It's worth a look it makes so much sense, it feels so natural, I'm 38 and feeling better than I did in my 20's and so do loads of other people

I'm not disputing what you say and this diet sounds as though it would be good for me personally as I'm carb sensitive. However, I have to advocate a balanced diet first and foremost.

Studies (on mice or rats, I cannot recall) have shown the brain food sated receptor switches off when eating sugar and fat combinations. So the nonstop eating (and cravings of) chocolate/biscuits/cakes/ice cream is actually understandable."

I was a chocoholic, I could eat my weight in sugar and nothing was too sweet but now I don't even think about it, I love my steak and eggs and I just discovered little breakfast muffins you can make by mixing a few eggs with grated cheese, stick a few bits of bacon in and bake it in the oven in cake cases for 35 minutes they're lovely

Gorebridge

Studies (on mice or rats, I cannot recall) have shown the brain food sated receptor switches off when eating sugar and fat combinations. So the nonstop eating (and cravings of) chocolate/biscuits/cakes/ice cream is actually understandable."

it's worth trying for a month (like any ketogenic diet the first week or so can be rough as you transition from burning carbs to burning fat) sugar is a drug, people really underestimate how addictive it is

Peterborough

There is a correlation between increase in processed food and increase in autoimmune diseases, however, correlation is not causation. Reducing processed food is a good idea. (I can give a rationale if wanted).

I just had a look at the NHS eatwell guide and they promote wholegrain which is higher on the glycemic index than sugar, gluten is incredibly damaging on the gut and they're also promoting low fat vegetable oil spreads which are carcinogenic, I'll pass thanx I only eat meat (mostly beef), some eggs and drink water and take lots of Celtic sea salt. Lots of doctors have written books on the lies about fat and cholesterol, I ate a whole block of Kerrygold butter yesterday at work lol we need it, your brain needs fat especially "

Your brain needs fuel. In today's society it'll be mainly glucose, but, as we know, it'll function on fatty acids/ketones.

By *I TwoCouple 17 weeks ago

all around

If you eat less you lose weight, there's no magic involved.

Peterborough

"If you eat less you lose weight, there's no magic involved."

That is such an out of date pov.

Gorebridge

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

I agree, if my employer tried to tell me what to eat I'd leave

By *onameyet2Man 17 weeks ago

chorley

Let’s organise NHS waiting lists on a point’s system, minus points for smoking, drinking and overeating, also gives evolution a helping hand in the process

By *ixey and CopperCouple 17 weeks ago

exeter

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

I agree, if my employer tried to tell me what to eat I'd leave "

An employer can ensure you have regular Holiday, breaks, work/life balance by being responsible employers and not working people to death...

It isn't about them telling you what to eat.

Gorebridge

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

An employer can ensure you have regular Holiday, breaks, work/life balance by being responsible employers and not working people to death...

It isn't about them telling you what to eat."

Fair enough I agree with this

Tin town

"Let’s organise NHS waiting lists on a point’s system, minus points for smoking, drinking and overeating, also gives evolution a helping hand in the process "

Don't forget driving fast, not wearing a crash hat on bikes, Contact sports, dangerous pass times, wearing slippery shoes or high heels... Oh and not wearing a mask or having your jabs

By *ldgeezermeMan 17 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"Let’s organise NHS waiting lists on a point’s system, minus points for smoking, drinking and overeating, also gives evolution a helping hand in the process

Don't forget driving fast, not wearing a crash hat on bikes, Contact sports, dangerous pass times, wearing slippery shoes or high heels... Oh and not wearing a mask or having your jabs "

Yay! Covid shoehorn

By *ldgeezermeMan 17 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

How do you compensate for the missing vitamins and minerals?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Central

"Let’s organise NHS waiting lists on a point’s system, minus points for smoking, drinking and overeating, also gives evolution a helping hand in the process "

Let's not.

There's already selective practices at work, as not everyone wanting every treatment is able to access them. And lifespans vary significantly, even depending on where you live, in the same city.

Gorebridge

How do you compensate for the missing vitamins and minerals?"

This is the only diet that never requires any supplements, meat has everything you need, organ meat is very high in vitamin c if you felt like you needed it but eating it more than once a week is too much for some people. I use Celtic sea salt too which has 92 minerals in it

Peterborough

Over-eating is not the only route to obesity.

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

It isn't about them telling you what to eat."

Watch the episode as you're barking up the wrong tree.

Peterborough

"Let’s organise NHS waiting lists on a point’s system, minus points for smoking, drinking and overeating, also gives evolution a helping hand in the process

Don't forget driving fast, not wearing a crash hat on bikes, Contact sports, dangerous pass times, wearing slippery shoes or high heels... Oh and not wearing a mask or having your jabs "

Sex

Tin town

Don't forget driving fast, not wearing a crash hat on bikes, Contact sports, dangerous pass times, wearing slippery shoes or high heels... Oh and not wearing a mask or having your jabs

Sex "

You asking?

Peterborough

Sex

You asking? "

My wand could do with a break.

Gorebridge

Sex

You asking?

My wand could do with a break."

I'm just gathering my collection and I think my wand has died

Southport

Studies (on mice or rats, I cannot recall) have shown the brain food sated receptor switches off when eating sugar and fat combinations. So the nonstop eating (and cravings of) chocolate/biscuits/cakes/ice cream is actually understandable.

I was a chocoholic, I could eat my weight in sugar and nothing was too sweet but now I don't even think about it, I love my steak and eggs and I just discovered little breakfast muffins you can make by mixing a few eggs with grated cheese, stick a few bits of bacon in and bake it in the oven in cake cases for 35 minutes they're lovely "

If you are eating eggs and cheese then you are not eating a carnivorous diet.

You really would also need fibre supplements and very likely vitamin C and E.

There are many other issues with this diet longterm.

Peterborough

I was a chocoholic, I could eat my weight in sugar and nothing was too sweet but now I don't even think about it, I love my steak and eggs and I just discovered little breakfast muffins you can make by mixing a few eggs with grated cheese, stick a few bits of bacon in and bake it in the oven in cake cases for 35 minutes they're lovely

There are many other issues with this diet longterm. "

Çarnivore diet = animals and animal products.

Gorebridge

There are many other issues with this diet longterm. "

Carnivore diet does include eggs and dairy, the lion diet is ruminants salt and water only, you only need excess vitamin c when consuming plant toxins and you absolutely do not need fiber, you clearly haven't looked at this properly

Gorebridge

Çarnivore diet = animals and animal products."

Exactly

By *onameyet2Man 16 weeks ago

chorley

Let's not.

There's already selective practices at work, as not everyone wanting every treatment is able to access them. And lifespans vary significantly, even depending on where you live, in the same city. "

You don’t need treatment for NOT doing these things

By *ad NannaWoman 16 weeks ago

East London

I've lost over 2 stone with the most awful diet consisting mostly of Lucozade and chocolate.

East London

I put all my weight on in 9 months, and was already being treated for depression and arthritis back then when I was under 9 stone.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 16 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I've lost over 2 stone with the most awful diet consisting mostly of Lucozade and chocolate.

"

A percentage of that loss may be muscle mass.

By *orny PTMan 16 weeks ago

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

I was waiting for someone to point out that Tokyo isn’t a country. Made me chuckle "

Saying that, I often think that places like London are pretty much self contained almost a city state, that's almost fenced off by the M25, this is a psychological/cultural thing more than anything.

By *izandpaulCouple 16 weeks ago

merseyside

"I've lost over 2 stone with the most awful diet consisting mostly of Lucozade and chocolate.

"

Why ??

By *ools and the brainCouple 16 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Doctor's take an oath to treat people without bias or judgement.

Going by your logic then if we really want to make changes then we can start by fining food companies for adding unnecessary sugars and fats and salt to food.

Make healthy food cheaper and even free vegetables for people on low income.

BAN ALL ENERGY DRINKS these things are basically sugar bombs.

Regulate the sale of high calorie foods even to go as far as having minimum age requirements for certain foods and drinks.

We live in a sugar and salt dependent society add trans fats into the equation and it's hardly surprising that obesity is at epidemic levels.

We have also entered a phase where people are so sensitive about their weight that even doctors are scared to use the F word.

So look here's the thing for many it's not a personal attack on how you look but a genuine concern about health, advising someone to lose weight for health reasons is not fat shaming.

But I kinda agree that more needs to be done to prevent the NHS becoming overwhelmed with treating issues directly related to obesity or poor diets and the only way this is ever going to happen is education right at an early age and excuse the pun but stop sugar coating things and tell kid's and parents the truth about poor diets not walking on eggshells incase someone gets offended by the truth about the health implications of high sugar diets high fats and salt.

Show them a few diabetic ulcers and the consequences.

And for crying out loud fuck that Prime drink off the shelves now.

And this hasn't even touched on the dental problems.

Make food and drink manufacturers more accountable for the crap they make.

Cheap ingredients and maximum profit at the expense of national health.

By *ellaboo400Couple 16 weeks ago

Gorebridge

"

This is much more than just weight loss, it's optimal health, endless energy, inflammation down, pain gone, skin hair and nails improved, gut repaired and so much more. I lost weight years ago when I was young and stupid by drinking red bull all day and not eating and I paid for it for years

By *londebiguyMan 16 weeks ago

Southport

"

If you are in a calorie deficit then you will lose weight.

It really does not matter what you eat as long as there is that defecit.

I always worry about these new fad diets and people who think that they can remain on them for long periods.

Some people will be ok but many will not be.

Southport

Carnivore diet does include eggs and dairy, the lion diet is ruminants salt and water only, you only need excess vitamin c when consuming plant toxins and you absolutely do not need fiber, you clearly haven't looked at this properly "

It's actually something I am qualified in and was my area of work for a long time.

But , you crack on and find out yourself.

Southport

Çarnivore diet = animals and animal products."

Carnivore diets always advised against eggs, dairy products and any processed or cured meats .

It's been around as a fad diet for years and although I haven't really looked into this guys version of it , I'd imagine it will be pretty similar to the others.

I'd never advocate staying on these type of diets for longer than a few weeks.

I'm sticking with my training and proven healthy nutrition and exercise.

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Ooops yeah Japan is the country, silly me. I jumped ahead to Tokyo because I got the impression the culture shown is particular to the city.

Btw, how is advertising the programme going to bankrupt the NHS?"

It’s not it’s just that some people just like to preach on here i would have thought his opinions would be better suited in a column in the guardian than a shagging site but hey ho what do i know

By *ldgeezermeMan 16 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

I always worry about these new fad diets and people who think that they can remain on them for long periods.

"

Whenever anyone mentions a fad diet it should have an automatic yoyo prefix

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 16 weeks ago

Cumbria

Obesity is such a multi-factoral issue that it really isn't as simple as telling people to eat less and exercise more. Telling someone who has an unhealthy relationship with food because of an adverse childhood experience that they should just eat less, is likely to make things worse.

Simple minds want simple solutions to complex issues, but they don't exist. If you think they do then leave the thinking to others.

Gorebridge

Çarnivore diet = animals and animal products.

Carnivore diets always advised against eggs, dairy products and any processed or cured meats .

It's been around as a fad diet for years and although I haven't really looked into this guys version of it , I'd imagine it will be pretty similar to the others.

I'd never advocate staying on these type of diets for longer than a few weeks.

I'm sticking with my training and proven healthy nutrition and exercise.

"

You imagined wrong, I'm on it for life.

You would be more productive giving your energy to people who eat pizza and Oreos

Gorebridge

"

This is very outdated, calories are a terrible unit of measurement. Do you have a master's degree in biochemistry? Because Dr Chaffee does

Gorebridge

"

Carnivore has absolutely nothing to do with calorie deficit

By *ros40Man 16 weeks ago

Bedford

Obesity is a choice

Southport

Carnivore has absolutely nothing to do with calorie deficit"

You seem confused.

Clearly my response regarding calorie deficit was to

"I've lost over 2 stone with the most awful diet consisting mostly of Lucozade and chocolate."

I never related it in any way to the carnivore diet.

Your obsession with it is what I'd expect of these fads.

Cumbria

"Obesity is a choice

"

So is ignorance.

Gorebridge

You seem confused.

"I've lost over 2 stone with the most awful diet consisting mostly of Lucozade and chocolate."

Your obsession with it is what I'd expect of these fads."

Lovely, I don't need to explain anymore as Dr Chaffee and Dr Berry have loads of information available for everyone to learn

Southport

You seem confused.

Lovely, I don't need to explain anymore as Dr Chaffee and Dr Berry have loads of information available for everyone to learn "

As you can clearly see, I have never asked you to explain anything.

Cumbria

I think it's important to point out that there is no scientific evidence that a carnivore diet is beneficial to health. Any evidence is anecdotal and what is good for one person is not necessarily for another.

If you plan to go on a carnivore diet (or any non balanced diet) then you should take advice from a registered dietician before starting.

Gorebridge

You seem confused.

Lovely, I don't need to explain anymore as Dr Chaffee and Dr Berry have loads of information available for everyone to learn

As you can clearly see, I have never asked you to explain anything."

No you're just blurting out myths and outdated theories and spreading absolute nonsense and it's exhausting when the information and studies are available for everyone to see

Newcastle, Throckley

You seem confused.

Lovely, I don't need to explain anymore as Dr Chaffee and Dr Berry have loads of information available for everyone to learn "

I've learned the plants are trying to kill us

Apparently

East London

A percentage of that loss may be muscle mass."

Never had any muscle to begin with

By *hagTonightMan 16 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I want to add this thing about all the diets that are out there and that is, there are no secret diets, all they are is different strategies for creating a calorie deficit, at the end of the day it is all about the calories in v out. I like this quote, dieting is a marathon, not a race

Gorebridge

"I want to add this thing about all the diets that are out there and that is, there are no secret diets, all they are is different strategies for creating a calorie deficit, at the end of the day it is all about the calories in v out. I like this quote, dieting is a marathon, not a race "

Nope, the carnivore diet is not a calorie deficit at all

By *I TwoCouple 16 weeks ago

all around

"If you eat less you lose weight, there's no magic involved.

That is such an out of date pov."

So are you telling me that the vast majority of people won't lose weight of they eat Less ?

all around

If

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

Fascinating though .

It's disgraceful really that we all end up paying when the NHS is so stretched already."

Tokyo’s not odd at all. I love it, I spend a lot of time there. It’s basically like the UK used to be, but even more polite.

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 16 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Obesity is a choice

"

Is it really? Are you qualified enough to know this as fact I doubt it very much

Genetics, illness, lack of income are massive contributers of obesity as processed foods are cheaper so family's buy them to feed kids

Fruit and veg isn't that cheap and you have to buy often too

Kids don't want to exercise either they would rather play video games or use phones

Edinburgh

I've lost nearly 7 stone and yes I know I'm still very big but working on it my doctors say I am very healthy despite my weight blood tests have shown good sugar levels and cholesterol is good also BP is normal

Southport

You seem confused.

As you can clearly see, I have never asked you to explain anything.

No you're just blurting out myths and outdated theories and spreading absolute nonsense and it's exhausting when the information and studies are available for everyone to see"

What you are trying desperately to promote is nonsense from a couple of cranks.

No respected nutritionists or medical bodies agree with them.

It's been tried before a number of times.

These men are certainly not the first.

Southport

"I want to add this thing about all the diets that are out there and that is, there are no secret diets, all they are is different strategies for creating a calorie deficit, at the end of the day it is all about the calories in v out. I like this quote, dieting is a marathon, not a race

Nope, the carnivore diet is not a calorie deficit at all "

Not one person has said here that it is.

Southport

"I think it's important to point out that there is no scientific evidence that a carnivore diet is beneficial to health. Any evidence is anecdotal and what is good for one person is not necessarily for another.

If you plan to go on a carnivore diet (or any non balanced diet) then you should take advice from a registered dietician before starting."

This!

Precisely.

There is literally no scientific or peer reviewed evidence or studies to present.

By *ackformore100Man 16 weeks ago

Tin town

"Obesity is a choice

Is it really? Are you qualified enough to know this as fact I doubt it very much

Genetics, illness, lack of income are massive contributers of obesity as processed foods are cheaper so family's buy them to feed kids

Kids don't want to exercise either they would rather play video games or use phones "

I think "want" is the key word and as much as it's not palitable... With the exception of illness and genetics..you just defined choices that people are making because it's easier... Which is the human condition right.? Mass doesn't appear from nowhere. It comes from what you put in your body.

Tin town

"I've lost nearly 7 stone and yes I know I'm still very big but working on it my doctors say I am very healthy despite my weight blood tests have shown good sugar levels and cholesterol is good also BP is normal"

That weight loss is incredible. Well done you.

Southport

"I've lost nearly 7 stone and yes I know I'm still very big but working on it my doctors say I am very healthy despite my weight blood tests have shown good sugar levels and cholesterol is good also BP is normal"

Excellent.

Well done on the effort you've put in there.

The rewards will be amazing I'm sure.

couple, us we him her.

Fad diets are just that a fad,they all just rebrand themselves every couple of years and trot out the same stuff.

It's not a diet you should aim for but a lifestyle choice to eat not just healthier but learn to understand how YOUR body reacts to food.

I would never ever take dietary advice for a guy who's never had to struggle with his weight is ripped to shreds and just dishes out the eat less move more trope.

I'd rather listen to someone who's always struggled with weight and worked extremely hard to lose weight and it's not the losing that's difficult it's keeping it off long term.

My weight has fluctuated massively over the years from being as low as 11 stone to a height of 21.

I strongly believe we all have a "natural" weight one that our body settles on if you eat sensibly and do sufficient exercise.

I for a large part of my adult life well from about 13 through to 45 always did sports of some description peaking in my late 30's training around 20/25 hrs a week as a amateur/age grouper triathlete I have completed around 200 races including multiple ironman events.

During this time going by the stupid BMI scale that the GP uses I would have been considered overweight yet I was only around 13 1/2 to 14 stone with a small waist and big chest could run for 5 hours cycle for ten + and swim for 3 if I wanted.

My point is weight isn't always down to moving more and eating less,I've always struggled with a painfully slow metabolism , my wife eats almost twice as much as me yet is half my weight.

It's obviously not an excuse because obviously if someone guzzles a few ltrs of fizzy pop a day and necks a large pizza daily chances are stopping this will help with weight loss.

It's really about moderation, finding a happy balance that you can enjoy eating and drinking but knowing when to stop and being aware of the hidden dangers of sugar salt and fat that hide in food.

Yo yo diets are really not healthy .

Good luck

Edinburgh

"Obesity is a choice

Kids don't want to exercise either they would rather play video games or use phones

I think "want" is the key word and as much as it's not palitable... With the exception of illness and genetics..you just defined choices that people are making because it's easier... Which is the human condition right.? Mass doesn't appear from nowhere. It comes from what you put in your body. "

Totally agree with you my own weight gain is genetics is a big part of my size I'm not an angel when it comes to dieting but I'm not that bad either I eat relatively healthy and walk loads

Peterborough

"Obesity is a choice

"

For some.

Peterborough

A percentage of that loss may be muscle mass.

Never had any muscle to begin with "

Peterborough

"I want to add this thing about all the diets that are out there and that is, there are no secret diets, all they are is different strategies for creating a calorie deficit, at the end of the day it is all about the calories in v out. I like this quote, dieting is a marathon, not a race "

Wrong

Peterborough

So are you telling me that the vast majority of people won't lose weight of they eat Less ?"

A percentage will.

Peterborough

Fantastic

Southport

Very few people have medical reasons for excessive weight or inability to lose that extra weight.

It's a convenient and easy excuse to use and let's them off the hook as far as personal accountability.

I've every sympathy for people who have genuine issues that cause them to struggle but I've proved with sone over there years that most of it is excuses and lack of actual discipline and effort.

I'm not naturally slim or fit and come from a family where weight is gained very easily with body type.

I'm not obsessive with my weight and body either but I try to apply good sense and a little discipline when I need to.

Unfortunately, most diets do set people up for failure.

They want you to fail really if they are making money from you like slimming groups.

It's work and it is continuous if you want to stay in reasonable shape.

It's constant choice and maintaining it through those choices.

I still firmly believe that controlled eating , weighing your foods and counting macros with more exercise (whatever movement that you can manage in increasing quantity if possible) will achieve results for the vast majority of people.

It's never going to be easy or fun.

couple, us we him her.

Biggest problem is bad food always tastes so yummy

Tin town

"Fad diets are just that a fad,they all just rebrand themselves every couple of years and trot out the same stuff.

It's not a diet you should aim for but a lifestyle choice to eat not just healthier but learn to understand how YOUR body reacts to food.

I would never ever take dietary advice for a guy who's never had to struggle with his weight is ripped to shreds and just dishes out the eat less move more trope.

I'd rather listen to someone who's always struggled with weight and worked extremely hard to lose weight and it's not the losing that's difficult it's keeping it off long term.

My weight has fluctuated massively over the years from being as low as 11 stone to a height of 21.

I strongly believe we all have a "natural" weight one that our body settles on if you eat sensibly and do sufficient exercise.

I for a large part of my adult life well from about 13 through to 45 always did sports of some description peaking in my late 30's training around 20/25 hrs a week as a amateur/age grouper triathlete I have completed around 200 races including multiple ironman events.

During this time going by the stupid BMI scale that the GP uses I would have been considered overweight yet I was only around 13 1/2 to 14 stone with a small waist and big chest could run for 5 hours cycle for ten + and swim for 3 if I wanted.

My point is weight isn't always down to moving more and eating less,I've always struggled with a painfully slow metabolism , my wife eats almost twice as much as me yet is half my weight.

It's obviously not an excuse because obviously if someone guzzles a few ltrs of fizzy pop a day and necks a large pizza daily chances are stopping this will help with weight loss.

It's really about moderation, finding a happy balance that you can enjoy eating and drinking but knowing when to stop and being aware of the hidden dangers of sugar salt and fat that hide in food.

Yo yo diets are really not healthy .

Good luck "

Check out vshred on tube...he is just the man for you

By *adCherriesCouple 16 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Just put this on

all around

So are you telling me that the vast majority of people won't lose weight of they eat Less ?

A percentage will."

A very large percentage ?

all around

A percentage will.

A very large percentage ?"

All other things being equal of course

Southport

A percentage will.

A very large percentage ?

All other things being equal of course"

Quite a large percentage will make any excuse like its their hormones, a glandular problem or their metabolic rate.

I can pretty much bet everything that only a tiny number will have anything actually medical that can be found.

Many have no idea of how much they eat in calories and macros or how little they move around.

"I want to add this thing about all the diets that are out there and that is, there are no secret diets, all they are is different strategies for creating a calorie deficit, at the end of the day it is all about the calories in v out. I like this quote, dieting is a marathon, not a race

Wrong"

We have to agree to disagree on that.

Southport

WrongWe have to agree to disagree on that."

I'd agree with you at least 99% of the time.

People who do not understand calories, macros and keeping the optimum deficit will always struggle.

Or make endless excuses.

WrongWe have to agree to disagree on that.

People who do not understand calories, macros and keeping the optimum deficit will always struggle.

Or make endless excuses."

That is good that you also agree and yes, many dont understand calories, there is a lot to know about it too.

Peterborough

"Very few people have medical reasons for excessive weight or inability to lose that extra weight.

It's a convenient and easy excuse to use and let's them off the hook as far as personal accountability.

I've every sympathy for people who have genuine issues that cause them to struggle but I've proved with sone over there years that most of it is excuses and lack of actual discipline and effort.

I'm not naturally slim or fit and come from a family where weight is gained very easily with body type.

I'm not obsessive with my weight and body either but I try to apply good sense and a little discipline when I need to.

They want you to fail really if they are making money from you like slimming groups.

I still firmly believe that controlled eating , weighing your foods and counting macros with more exercise (whatever movement that you can manage in increasing quantity if possible) will achieve results for the vast majority of people.

"

Plenty of things to try before calorie counting/weighing.

Peterborough

WrongWe have to agree to disagree on that."

No we don't. It is far more complex than that.

Peterborough

I did my dissertation on obesity. I don't need excuses (but actually have one ).

Peterborough

Or make endless excuses.That is good that you also agree and yes, many dont understand calories, there is a lot to know about it too."

And many don't understand about calorie dense but nutritionally poor.

Newcastle, Throckley

Heavy bones innit

Peterborough

Or make endless excuses.

Heavy bones innit"

Depends on your age.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple 16 weeks ago

Weymouth

"Obesity is such a multi-factoral issue that it really isn't as simple as telling people to eat less and exercise more. Telling someone who has an unhealthy relationship with food because of an adverse childhood experience that they should just eat less, is likely to make things worse.

Simple minds want simple solutions to complex issues, but they don't exist. If you think they do then leave the thinking to others."

By *urious LongtonMan 16 weeks ago

Longton

What's this post got to do with a virus???

By *ommyTighMan 16 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I just thought I'd throw this in to see if people really wanted this forum for health.

Obesity is a health issue."

I was astonished at one particular participants view on her obesity!

By *onameyet2Man 16 weeks ago

chorley

Here’s my 2 Peneth for what it’s worth

If you are in a good place mentally you can achieve all sorts of wonderful things, but as many people suffer from a wide range of mental health issues it’s easy to find solace in drink, drugs, food, gambling, porn etc etc, I would suggest to anyone who’s struggling try and get some of those monkeys off your back first and you’ll be surprised what you can achieve.

Therapy does help (if you can afford it)

Good luck ??

all around

"Very few people have medical reasons for excessive weight or inability to lose that extra weight.

Plenty of things to try before calorie counting/weighing."

Sorry. It there isn't.

Calories in = calories burned = no weight gain.

Same calories and more exercise = weight loss

Less calories and less exercise= possible weight gain

More exercise and more calories = possible weight gain.

Any "diet" comprises eating less calories except maybe one of the dangerous "fad" diets that trick your body for a short time and cause long term health issues.

It's lifestyle change not something you can do for a month or two.

Cumbria

Sorry. It there isn't.

Any "diet" comprises eating less calories except maybe one of the dangerous "fad" diets that trick your body for a short time and cause long term health issues.

It's lifestyle change not something you can do for a month or two."

This is a very simplistic view of things, it completely ignores essentially everything other than the burning of calories. Weight gain and weight loss are complicated things with hundreds of contributing factors, pretending they are simple doesn't help anyone.

Peterborough

Sorry. It there isn't.

It's lifestyle change not something you can do for a month or two."

There are plenty of things to do. Increase fluid intake.

Eat a balanced diet.

Watch your portion sizes.

Do you eat enough?

Be mindful - slow down eating, taste each mouthful and enjoy your food.

Find another strategy for when you're bored/lonely/stressed.

Make healthy swaps.

Reduce sugary foods big time (especially foods that contain fat and sugar as the brain doesn't know when to switch off - and a dopamine hit).

Cut out as much processed food as possible (the more processed the food is, the less the body has to work at breaking it down, which in itself is a calorie burner).

Keep fruit juices to a minimum, it's generally better to eat fruit.

Eat foods that contain fibre (the body works hard at trying to break it down).

Learn about glycaemic index and make healthy swaps (eg apples over oranges, sweet potatoes over normal).

Dark chocolate can be good for you.

Drink alcohol in moderation.

Oh look, not a calorie in sight.

And increase mobility, and get fresh air.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 16 weeks ago

Central

Sorry. It there isn't.

Eat a balanced diet.

Do you eat enough?

Make healthy swaps.

Reduce sugary foods big time (especially foods that contain fat and sugar as the brain doesn't know when to switch off - and a dopamine hit).

Cut out as much processed food as possible (the more processed the food is, the less the body has to work at breaking it down, which in itself is a calorie burner).

Learn about glycaemic index and make healthy swaps (eg apples over oranges, sweet potatoes over normal).

And increase mobility, and get fresh air."

Peterborough

Sorry. It there isn't.

Eat a balanced diet.

Do you eat enough?

Make healthy swaps.

Oops no counting calories in sight

Tin town

Sorry. It there isn't.

This is a very simplistic view of things, it completely ignores essentially everything other than the burning of calories. Weight gain and weight loss are complicated things with hundreds of contributing factors, pretending they are simple doesn't help anyone."

But the chemistry of it really is that simple.

Unused "energy/fuel" gets stored in the body.

Making changes and rebalancing that is incredibly difficult as you describe, otherwise there wouldn't be so many folks with weight issues.

But the concept of the chemistry is simple.

all around

" re calories = possible weight gain.

Eat a balanced diet.

Do you eat enough?

Make healthy swaps.

Almost every point you mention will result in weight loss.

They all result in decreased calorie intake though except the last one which is exercise and use more calories so your agreeing with me.

Peterborough

Sorry. It there isn't.

This is a very simplistic view of things, it completely ignores essentially everything other than the burning of calories. Weight gain and weight loss are complicated things with hundreds of contributing factors, pretending they are simple doesn't help anyone.

Making changes and rebalancing that is incredibly difficult as you describe, otherwise there wouldn't be so many folks with weight issues.

But the concept of the chemistry is simple."

The biology of it is complex. It's the difference between 2+2 = 4 and Einstein's theory of relativity.

Peterborough

Eat a balanced diet.

Do you eat enough?

Make healthy swaps.

They all result in decreased calorie intake though except the last one which is exercise and use more calories so your agreeing with me."

If you want to believe that, be my guest.

Cumbria

Sorry. It there isn't.

But the concept of the chemistry is simple."

Yes but the concept of chemistry/biology, without context, is useless. That's the point I'm trying to make.

all around

Eat a balanced diet.

Do you eat enough?

Make healthy swaps.

They all result in decreased calorie intake though except the last one which is exercise and use more calories so your agreeing with me.

If you want to believe that, be my guest."

So where am I wrong ?

Which ones don't result in decreased calorie intake ?

Cheshire/Northwest

Watched it last night and they were all fat because of their lifestyle choices. Moving more and eating less results in weight loss. Everything else is just an excuse.

Have to say the Japanese really know how to handle obesity in their society, it was a real eye opener.

By *lydeXXXMan 16 weeks ago

Doncaster

One of his points is asking what apex predators would eat salad or vegetables. Well wolves do, so his research looks sketchy right off the bat for me.

Newcastle, Throckley

[Removed by poster at 23/01/24 13:06:18]

Newcastle, Throckley

One of his points is asking what apex predators would eat salad or vegetables. Well wolves do, so his research looks sketchy right off the bat for me.

"

Not only that but why does he think apex predators are A-Good-Thing?

By *ortyairCouple 16 weeks ago

Wallasey

Carbs are a massive problem, a major factor in the obesity epidemic, Mrs x

By *ixey and CopperCouple 16 weeks ago

exeter

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Watch the episode as you're barking up the wrong tree."

No, the response is to a comment, not the programme. So not barking up the wrong tree at all.

Tin town

Sorry. It there isn't.

But the concept of the chemistry is simple.

The biology of it is complex. It's the difference between 2+2 = 4 and Einstein's theory of relativity."

Not sure I really understand how Einstein comes in but if you want to lose weight.. Eat less energy than you use. It's no more difficult than that. No need for big brains. I'm overweight. I have got here by eating more than I use day after day for 3 years. If I want to lose it... I will reverse that process.

Peterborough

1. Tokyo isn’t a country

Watch the episode as you're barking up the wrong tree.

No, the response is to a comment, not the programme. So not barking up the wrong tree at all."

I know but the context is the programme hence encouraging to watch it.

By *implessimplesWoman 16 weeks ago

Pickering

But we pay for smokers drinkers and drug users but obese people seem to get it un the neck more

By *izandpaulCouple 16 weeks ago

merseyside

Just watched the programme, it was interesting.

Would love my employer to organise an exercise / dance routine each morning and a highly subsidised restaurant.

Think tonight's episode will be a difficult watch.

At present, I'm trying to put some weight on and doing that so I don't end up like a pear is a challenge.

By *illt400Man 16 weeks ago

liverpool

Pity they didn’t film in Tokyo at Christmas when they were devouring Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Express.

Are they trying to say there are no obese Japanese

Peterborough

"Pity they didn’t film in Tokyo at Christmas when they were devouring Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Express.

Are they trying to say there are no obese Japanese "

Watch it and see.

Cheshire/Northwest

"But we pay for smokers drinkers and drug users but obese people seem to get it un the neck more"

Drinking, Drugs and Smoking are all a drain on NHS resources but obesity also belongs in that group.

Obesity costs the NHS around £6.5 billion a year and is the second biggest preventable cause of cancer after smoking.

By *ixey and CopperCouple 16 weeks ago

exeter

"But we pay for smokers drinkers and drug users but obese people seem to get it un the neck more

Drinking, Drugs and Smoking are all a drain on NHS resources but obesity also belongs in that group.

Obesity costs the NHS around £6.5 billion a year and is the second biggest preventable cause of cancer after smoking.

"

Watching the replies to this with interest

Tin town

"But we pay for smokers drinkers and drug users but obese people seem to get it un the neck more

"

I'm surprised it's only 6.5 billion. Given what? Something like 30 per cent of the population is clinically obese.

Southport

"Pity they didn’t film in Tokyo at Christmas when they were devouring Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Express.

Are they trying to say there are no obese Japanese "

Having lived there, it is incredibly rare to see overweight Japanese people.

They are incredibly disciplined with everything.

Peterborough

The programme on last night should be an eye opener re processed foods. Tonga exports their good stuff (and is expensive to the inhabitants) and import crap which is cheap. And then you have the issue of portion sizes, oh my.

Tin town

"The programme on last night should be an eye opener re processed foods. Tonga exports their good stuff (and is expensive to the inhabitants) and import crap which is cheap. And then you have the issue of portion sizes, oh my."

Calories right.? Bigger portions = more calories

Peterborough

"The programme on last night should be an eye opener re processed foods. Tonga exports their good stuff (and is expensive to the inhabitants) and import crap which is cheap. And then you have the issue of portion sizes, oh my.

Calories right.? Bigger portions = more calories"

If you want to think it's all about calories, be my guest.

all around

"The programme on last night should be an eye opener re processed foods. Tonga exports their good stuff (and is expensive to the inhabitants) and import crap which is cheap. And then you have the issue of portion sizes, oh my.

Calories right.? Bigger portions = more calories

If you want to think it's all about calories, be my guest."

It's mostly is ...

By *xposedInTheMaleMan 16 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

People are confusing two things.

Yes, weight loss is a simple matter of calories out minus calories in.

But the whole purpose of a weight loss diet is to reduce the calories in. That can be by counting calories, or reducing high calory foods, or by adapting your diet so that your body has less appetite for food.

So yes, cutting out whole food groups may make you lose weight, but it does so by reducing the number of calories without you realising.

Avoiding plants to reduce the toxins in your diet seems a strange choice, because apex predators often suffer from toxin concentration - because some toxins are retained in the flesh, in some senses you're eating all the toxins eaten by all the plant eating animals you eat. If eating meat alone is so healthy, why don't we eat cats?

There seems little debate that sugar is by far the biggest problem. There are even some views that a moderate amount of fat is important because it makes you feel full. There's no point in eating your meal of salmon and plain boiled potatoes, if you fill up on chocolate afterwards. So put a small bit of butter on those potatoes if you want to lose weight...

Whatever diet you fancy, you'll always find a couple of doctors on the internet that are making money out of promoting it.

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar.

Wallasey

"People are confusing two things.

But the whole purpose of a weight loss diet is to reduce the calories in. That can be by counting calories, or reducing high calory foods, or by adapting your diet so that your body has less appetite for food.

So yes, cutting out whole food groups may make you lose weight, but it does so by reducing the number of calories without you realising.

Avoiding plants to reduce the toxins in your diet seems a strange choice, because apex predators often suffer from toxin concentration - because some toxins are retained in the flesh, in some senses you're eating all the toxins eaten by all the plant eating animals you eat. If eating meat alone is so healthy, why don't we eat cats?

There seems little debate that sugar is by far the biggest problem. There are even some views that a moderate amount of fat is important because it makes you feel full. There's no point in eating your meal of salmon and plain boiled potatoes, if you fill up on chocolate afterwards. So put a small bit of butter on those potatoes if you want to lose weight...

Whatever diet you fancy, you'll always find a couple of doctors on the internet that are making money out of promoting it.

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar."

You say you should cut out sugar but advocate eating plain boiled potatoes, which are essentially high in sugar in the form of carbs. Reduce carbs and eat more fat to help with obesity, Mrs x

Cumbria

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar.You say you should cut out sugar but advocate eating plain boiled potatoes, which are essentially high in sugar in the form of carbs. Reduce carbs and eat more fat to help with obesity, Mrs x"

I think what they are referring to here is those processed sugary products, rather than naturally occurring sugars in non processed foods.

Peterborough

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar.You say you should cut out sugar but advocate eating plain boiled potatoes, which are essentially high in sugar in the form of carbs. Reduce carbs and eat more fat to help with obesity, Mrs x"

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil .

By *astle321Man 16 weeks ago

pershore

I hear what You are all saying but can I Carry On drinking my bottle of red wine every evening ??

Cumbria

"I hear what You are all saying but can I Carry On drinking my bottle of red wine every evening ??"

Of course, alcoholism and obesity are entirely separate things!

By *ophieslutTV/TS 16 weeks ago

Central

"I hear what You are all saying but can I Carry On drinking my bottle of red wine every evening ??"

Your sharing of the bottle over several evenings is obviously less impactful to health than a bottle each night

Gorebridge

Exactly

By *xposedInTheMaleMan 16 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

Yes, but it has to be a mini-bottle...

Wallasey

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar.You say you should cut out sugar but advocate eating plain boiled potatoes, which are essentially high in sugar in the form of carbs. Reduce carbs and eat more fat to help with obesity, Mrs x

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil ."

White bread spikes blood sugar quicker than glucose tablets. The carbs in starchy food should be avoided by type 2 diabetics, Mrs x

Gorebridge

The best advice is everything in moderation, quality over quantity, get more exercise, and cut out the sugar.You say you should cut out sugar but advocate eating plain boiled potatoes, which are essentially high in sugar in the form of carbs. Reduce carbs and eat more fat to help with obesity, Mrs x

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil . White bread spikes blood sugar quicker than glucose tablets. The carbs in starchy food should be avoided by type 2 diabetics, Mrs x"

Indeed, wholegrain is pushed onto diabetics by doctor's as part of a healthy balanced diet and it's higher on the glycemic index than sugar. Only once you've experienced the benefits of low carb/keto and even better carnivore can you understand how ridiculous the recommendations are

Peterborough

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil . White bread spikes blood sugar quicker than glucose tablets. The carbs in starchy food should be avoided by type 2 diabetics, Mrs x"

White bread is a very processed food. Potatoes aren't so my point stands.

Peterborough

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil . White bread spikes blood sugar quicker than glucose tablets. The carbs in starchy food should be avoided by type 2 diabetics, Mrs x

Indeed, wholegrain is pushed onto diabetics by doctor's as part of a healthy balanced diet and it's higher on the glycemic index than sugar. Only once you've experienced the benefits of low carb/keto and even better carnivore can you understand how ridiculous the recommendations are"

Until there's copious evidence, the current eat well guide stands.

Cumbria

Going back to my school days - carbs divide into simple (sugars) and complex (starch). Cut out sugars. And yes, complex break down into sugars but do it at a slow rate. This means no spike in your blood glucose levels, meaning a steady release of energy. Bottom line, not all carbs are evil . White bread spikes blood sugar quicker than glucose tablets. The carbs in starchy food should be avoided by type 2 diabetics, Mrs x

Indeed, wholegrain is pushed onto diabetics by doctor's as part of a healthy balanced diet and it's higher on the glycemic index than sugar. Only once you've experienced the benefits of low carb/keto and even better carnivore can you understand how ridiculous the recommendations are"

You realise that sounds a bit like Scientologists talking about auditing, don’t you?

Gorebridge

Indeed, wholegrain is pushed onto diabetics by doctor's as part of a healthy balanced diet and it's higher on the glycemic index than sugar. Only once you've experienced the benefits of low carb/keto and even better carnivore can you understand how ridiculous the recommendations are

Until there's copious evidence, the current eat well guide stands."

Just look at the glycemic index, show me any evidence at all that spiking insulin helps diabetes? It's just insane

Peterborough

Just look at the glycemic index, show me any evidence at all that spiking insulin helps diabetes? It's just insane "

Diabetes UK has potato recipes.

Tin town

Just look at the glycemic index, show me any evidence at all that spiking insulin helps diabetes? It's just insane

"

And cake recipes

And bread recipes

Hmmmm

Peterborough

And cake recipes

And bread recipes

Hmmmm"

If they have, then the recipes will have been adapted.

Wallasey

White bread is a very processed food. Potatoes aren't so my point stands."

Rice is very starchy too and should be avoided like potatoes. It's the main reason why Asian men are the largest group of diabetics in the world. All bread is too starchy and should be avoided. It's the wheat that's the problem not the bleach that's used to make bread white, Mrs x

Gorebridge

And cake recipes

And bread recipes

Hmmmm

If they have, then the recipes will have been adapted."

Nope, wholemeal flour and potato isn't really much better as starch turns to glucose. The doctor's I've been listening to are all making their podcasts as an apology after spending years giving people advice in the guidelines and wondering why they weren't getting any better (they assumed they were lying) and now they know better they're embarrassed and feeling guilty so they're helping people with their podcasts etc

Newcastle, Throckley

And cake recipes

And bread recipes

Hmmmm

If they have, then the recipes will have been adapted.

Nope, wholemeal flour and potato isn't really much better as starch turns to glucose. The doctor's I've been listening to are all making their podcasts as an apology after spending years giving people advice in the guidelines and wondering why they weren't getting any better (they assumed they were lying) and now they know better they're embarrassed and feeling guilty so they're helping people with their podcasts etc"

The doctors you are listening to

Got it

Peterborough

Any diabetics in here, if you want evidence-based dietary advice, see your diabetic specialist nurse and/or get a referral to a dietitian.

Gorebridge

Castor sugar and icing sugar too! It gets worse lol

Gorebridge

"Any diabetics in here, if you want evidence-based dietary advice, see your diabetic specialist nurse and/or get a referral to a dietitian."

So they can get their insulin through the roof? This is getting pretty dangerous in here, if you want a health section you need to promote real health not these awful guidelines. It's really not safe

Cumbria

"Any diabetics in here, if you want evidence-based dietary advice, see your diabetic specialist nurse and/or get a referral to a dietitian.

So they can get their insulin through the roof? This is getting pretty dangerous in here, if you want a health section you need to promote real health not these awful guidelines. It's really not safe "

Where did you get your medical degree from, out of interest?

Peterborough

"Any diabetics in here, if you want evidence-based dietary advice, see your diabetic specialist nurse and/or get a referral to a dietitian.

So they can get their insulin through the roof? This is getting pretty dangerous in here, if you want a health section you need to promote real health not these awful guidelines. It's really not safe "

Oh behave yourself!

It's obvious you have a mistrust of healthcare professionals. What you advocate may help certain individuals but it will not help the majority of people.

Peterborough

So they can get their insulin through the roof? This is getting pretty dangerous in here, if you want a health section you need to promote real health not these awful guidelines. It's really not safe

Where did you get your medical degree from, out of interest?"

Gorebridge

Oh behave yourself!

It's obvious you have a mistrust of healthcare professionals. What you advocate may help certain individuals but it will not help the majority of people."

I listen to healthcare professionals all day long. A degree? It's just basic logic and common sense lol you don't need a degree to know that giving sugar and wholemeal to anyone never mind someone with insulin resistance is just downright stupid

Southport

"Any diabetics in here, if you want evidence-based dietary advice, see your diabetic specialist nurse and/or get a referral to a dietitian."

Very ,very definitely.

Do not listen to some of the nonsense here.

Speak directly to a qualified foecidlist in this area.

Peterborough

Oh behave yourself!

It's obvious you have a mistrust of healthcare professionals. What you advocate may help certain individuals but it will not help the majority of people.

I listen to healthcare professionals all day long. A degree? It's just basic logic and common sense lol you don't need a degree to know that giving sugar and wholemeal to anyone never mind someone with insulin resistance is just downright stupid "

Btw diabetes specialist nurses don't give sugar .

Gorebridge

Oh behave yourself!

I listen to healthcare professionals all day long. A degree? It's just basic logic and common sense lol you don't need a degree to know that giving sugar and wholemeal to anyone never mind someone with insulin resistance is just downright stupid

Btw diabetes specialist nurses don't give sugar ."

That's great, maybe they should enlighten the idiots writing these recipes

Tin town

Good weight thread