FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Health and wellbeing

Health and wellbeing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ixey and Copper OP   Couple 16 weeks ago

exeter

Normally do the usual thing and scroll past the virus section...

But have noticed there are quite a few different topics in here now.

So instead of the "do we still need this section"

Maybe change it to 'Health and Well-being

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 16 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd suggest that the most recent thread on this suggestion showed exactly why we should not do that.

exeter

"I'd suggest that the most recent thread on this suggestion showed exactly why we should not do that. "

Why? A little confused

Manchester (she/her)

"I'd suggest that the most recent thread on this suggestion showed exactly why we should not do that.

Why? A little confused "

I posted about a condition I've had for a long time, and the advice that was given was rather... contrary to medical advice. With a side of trying to blame my family for choices they've made including teaching me to swim and eating gluten modified in the 1950s before the 1950s.

There's a counter cultural majority in this section of the forum, and more power to them, but I fear that it would lead to far worse situations than that. There are simply some situations where "doing your own research" is not warranted, and health and wellness tactics are at best a supplement to proper medical advice.

exeter

"I'd suggest that the most recent thread on this suggestion showed exactly why we should not do that.

Why? A little confused

I posted about a condition I've had for a long time, and the advice that was given was rather... contrary to medical advice. With a side of trying to blame my family for choices they've made including teaching me to swim and eating gluten modified in the 1950s before the 1950s.

There's a counter cultural majority in this section of the forum, and more power to them, but I fear that it would lead to far worse situations than that. There are simply some situations where "doing your own research" is not warranted, and health and wellness tactics are at best a supplement to proper medical advice."

Totally agree with you, however....

This will happen on every forum at some point and will never go away.

Unless the virus section is removed altogether then it will continue.

Fab is for adults and no matter what they are here for...sex with multiple partners, clubs, orgies etc they are expected to make adult mature choices.

Unfortunately we know that isn't always the case

Manchester (she/her)

Why? A little confused

There's a counter cultural majority in this section of the forum, and more power to them, but I fear that it would lead to far worse situations than that. There are simply some situations where "doing your own research" is not warranted, and health and wellness tactics are at best a supplement to proper medical advice.

Fab is for adults and no matter what they are here for...sex with multiple partners, clubs, orgies etc they are expected to make adult mature choices.

Unfortunately we know that isn't always the case "

Yes, people can do what they like.

I don't think it means that they have to be given a platform to do it here.

There's precedent with the politics section, which I'm told was created to contain some of the nastiness surrounding the Brexit referendum.

Similarly, the virus section is... quarantine against what has come out since 2020.

There's no need to deliberately infect other conditions as well, when you can, as you say, scroll on by.

exeter

Why? A little confused

Unfortunately we know that isn't always the case

Yes, people can do what they like.

I don't think it means that they have to be given a platform to do it here.

There's precedent with the politics section, which I'm told was created to contain some of the nastiness surrounding the Brexit referendum.

Similarly, the virus section is... quarantine against what has come out since 2020.

There's no need to deliberately infect other conditions as well, when you can, as you say, scroll on by."

Absolutely

By *ldgeezermeMan 16 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Why? A little confused

There's a counter cultural majority in this section of the forum, and more power to them, but I fear that it would lead to far worse situations than that. There are simply some situations where "doing your own research" is not warranted, and health and wellness tactics are at best a supplement to proper medical advice."

You didn't go on Doctor Dodgy's meat, meat and more meat diet?

Deserve everything you get

Manchester (she/her)

Why? A little confused

You didn't go on Doctor Dodgy's meat, meat and more meat diet?

Deserve everything you get "

I didn't even look them up

I accept that not everything can be cured, and being reverted to baseline with inexpensive medication plus a blood test a year is pretty good going for an incurable autoimmune disease. silly me. I should demand magic

By *stbury DavenportMan 16 weeks ago

Nottingham

Every thread about closing or repurposing the virus forum shows exactly why we need a virus forum.

I hope the people who are keen to see it gone have done some thinking about *why* they want that.

I bet the camping and biking forums aren't plagued with multiple "dO wE nEeD tHiS?" threads.

By *enSiskoMan 16 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I once posted comments on this section, but to me this section has fizzled away now, not many new topics as before.

I wouldn't ask medical advise from anyone but a trained experienced medical professional.

By *icecouple561Couple 16 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My personal opinion is that if you name something 'health and wellbeing ' you give it validation. The last thing anyone needs is a random internetter diagnosing and advising treatment

Manchester (she/her)

"Every thread about closing or repurposing the virus forum shows exactly why we need a virus forum.

I hope the people who are keen to see it gone have done some thinking about *why* they want that.

I bet the camping and biking forums aren't plagued with multiple "dO wE nEeD tHiS?" threads."

Yes. Why not?

Cake? Cake gets in the way of fucking.

If you're on a bike you can't be fucking (well I suppose you could... doesn't bear thinking about)

By *ellaboo400Couple 16 weeks ago

Gorebridge

"I'd suggest that the most recent thread on this suggestion showed exactly why we should not do that. "

The people who want the information got it tho, I've had multiple messages asking about carnivore and it's benefits

By *ellaboo400Couple 16 weeks ago

Gorebridge

Why? A little confused

You're still making up lies that I made comments about your family? Really? You know I was doing no such thing. All I wanted to do was empower you to take charge of your own health and give you topics to look at should you want to and you attacked me and made up lies so if you could just stop that, that'd be lovely x

By *ldgeezermeMan 16 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

The people who want the information got it tho, I've had multiple messages asking about carnivore and it's benefits "

No you haven't

By *stbury DavenportMan 15 weeks ago

Nottingham

"Every thread about closing or repurposing the virus forum shows exactly why we need a virus forum.

I bet the camping and biking forums aren't plagued with multiple "dO wE nEeD tHiS?" threads.

Yes. Why not?

Cake? Cake gets in the way of fucking.

If you're on a bike you can't be fucking (well I suppose you could... doesn't bear thinking about)"

The whole "cake" thing is one of the least funny forum in-jokes I've ever come across in all my years on the internet.

If there's anyone who genuinely does prefer cake to sex I feel deeply sorry for them.

By *naswingdressWoman 15 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why? A little confused

You're still making up lies that I made comments about your family? Really? You know I was doing no such thing. All I wanted to do was empower you to take charge of your own health and give you topics to look at should you want to and you attacked me and made up lies so if you could just stop that, that'd be lovely x"

People can look and draw their own inferences.

I'm perfectly empowered, thank you. Empowerment includes being uninterested in what others have to offer

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 01/02/24 17:27:53]

By *ophieslutTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Central

I'd keep it as it is. Remember too that whilst Covid is currently operating with mild variants, that aren't too infectious, this is not set in stone, as mutations are randomly happening all the time.

» Add a new message to this topic