FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > More susceptible to illness?

More susceptible to illness?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucidxDreams OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Kent, London

Has anyone found that they get sick more often and for longer since we exited lockdown? I've gone from having one cold per year to every few months catching something.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple 14 weeks ago

Flagrante

I've found the opposite...I think people are more aware now when it comes to spreading stuff.

By *alandNitaCouple 14 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Nope, I'm just as rarely ill, colds or otherwise.

Nita

By *carlet SeductionWoman 14 weeks ago

Maidstone

Nope I've not been ill since I had covid Christmas 2021.

By *naswingdressWoman 14 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had one infection of any kind since 2021.

By *lderflowerappleWoman 14 weeks ago

North Hampshire

No. The couple of colds I've had, have been very mild and gone as quickly as they arrived.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

I've had less colds etc since covid, part of that is because i retired 18 months ago so have far less contact with other people now.

However i am on day 11 of a really nasty virus/flu/covid at the moment.

By *obleroneToShareMan 14 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

Similar to other replies, I've found the opposite since lockdown.

In fact, I'd say it has been ever since we exited the EU.

Does that qualify as a Brexit benefit?

Of course if you have gotten sick more often and for longer since the UK left the EU, you could put the blame on Brexit.

By *eronikapaulCouple 14 weeks ago

Reading

How much older are you now than when covid hit? About the same as us probably. It is a lot easier to blame deteriorating health on covid rather than on age so the motion proposed is that we all continue to blame the virus...

Kent, London

"How much older are you now than when covid hit? About the same as us probably. It is a lot easier to blame deteriorating health on covid rather than on age so the motion proposed is that we all continue to blame the virus...

"

I'm in my 20s so I don't think it's age for me.

By *ad NannaWoman 14 weeks ago

East London

The last two years I've had one upper respiratory infection after the other.

In 2022 I was ill for weeks at a time with a terrible, lingering cough.

At the end of October 2022 I got ill, started to stop coughing then got ill again and didn't recover until a few days before Christmas.

I think I might be doing better now because of a steroid injection I had last Summer.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Central

No. My health is fairly good and I take some precautions if unwell, including to prevent infections spreading to others. I think many are similar - everyone I know looks after the well-being of others.

By *ayboii_18Man 14 weeks ago

cannock

Only recurrent issue I have is tonsillitis but as I'm an adult docs are are more wary of taking them out.

Colds and flus I don't get to get luckily

By *aradise_BlackpoolCouple 14 weeks ago

Lancs

No minor issues, but i have developed Multiple Sclerosis since the first Jab and there are currently 80,000 claims ongoing against AstraZeneca x

By *melie LALWoman 14 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Has anyone found that they get sick more often and for longer since we exited lockdown? I've gone from having one cold per year to every few months catching something. "

Exposure to viruses keeps our immune system topped up so when we face them again, they are more quickly resolved (it's the production of antibodies, memory and killer cells). Without the exposure (lockdown, masks, 2m gap), the viruses have all mutated, possibly enough for the memory cells to go: this is new. So the immune system has to start from scratch= longer and worse symptoms.

"Has anyone found that they get sick more often and for longer since we exited lockdown? I've gone from having one cold per year to every few months catching something.

Exposure to viruses keeps our immune system topped up so when we face them again, they are more quickly resolved (it's the production of antibodies, memory and killer cells). Without the exposure (lockdown, masks, 2m gap), the viruses have all mutated, possibly enough for the memory cells to go: this is new. So the immune system has to start from scratch= longer and worse symptoms."

What? Are you saying that queuing outside for the supermarket, maintaining a 2m gap (front, rear and sideways), snaking round the car park, whilst masked up, was counterproductive?

Is this a new revelation? Why hasn't this been disclosed before?

Im more ill since lockdown. Also being furloughed i now begrudge actually working for my wage lol!

Peterborough

"Has anyone found that they get sick more often and for longer since we exited lockdown? I've gone from having one cold per year to every few months catching something.

Exposure to viruses keeps our immune system topped up so when we face them again, they are more quickly resolved (it's the production of antibodies, memory and killer cells). Without the exposure (lockdown, masks, 2m gap), the viruses have all mutated, possibly enough for the memory cells to go: this is new. So the immune system has to start from scratch= longer and worse symptoms.

What? Are you saying that queuing outside for the supermarket, maintaining a 2m gap (front, rear and sideways), snaking round the car park, whilst masked up, was counterproductive?

Is this a new revelation? Why hasn't this been disclosed before?"

Counter productive? Strategies were in place to reduce risk of getting and spreading COVID. It is obvious these measures reduced risk of all respiratory infections. Many we could have caught but other than mild symptoms, we would not have been aware due to what I've previously stated. If a virus had mutated enough for our immune system not to recognise it, we'll be like children being exposed to it for the first time.

Alternatively, the person has a weakened immune system which needs investigating.

Counter productive? Strategies were in place to reduce risk of getting and spreading COVID. It is obvious these measures reduced risk of all respiratory infections. Many we could have caught but other than mild symptoms, we would not have been aware due to what I've previously stated. If a virus had mutated enough for our immune system not to recognise it, we'll be like children being exposed to it for the first time.

Alternatively, the person has a weakened immune system which needs investigating."

You've just repeated yourself and confirmed the mitigations put in place for COVID-19 were counter productive in reducing the risk, not only for COVID-19 but also other respiratory infections, for the majority of the population.

Was Omicron was the best vaccine we never had?

By *onandCouple 14 weeks ago

Cheadle

Same here…… seem to be catching everything going……. Bloods clots caused by the vaccine meant I had a heart attack….. not been right since……

"The last two years I've had one upper respiratory infection after the other.

In 2022 I was ill for weeks at a time with a terrible, lingering cough.

At the end of October 2022 I got ill, started to stop coughing then got ill again and didn't recover until a few days before Christmas.

I think I might be doing better now because of a steroid injection I had last Summer.

"

I'm wondering about asking for a steriod injection to make me better.

Peterborough

Alternatively, the person has a weakened immune system which needs investigating.

You've just repeated yourself and confirmed the mitigations put in place for COVID-19 were counter productive in reducing the risk, not only for COVID-19 but also other respiratory infections, for the majority of the population.

Was Omicron was the best vaccine we never had?"

Shall I state it again? .

The strategies worked, IE reduced risk but , yep in the long run did us no favours. If we're not old/vulnerable we need to be exposed

Kent, London

I must just be very unlucky, I never got sick at all during the lockdown and I was working throughout it. To now catching something every couple of months with the symptoms being a lot more severe than prior to covid and lasting longer.

By *orset.JMan 14 weeks ago

Weymouth

Exposure to viruses keeps our immune system topped up so when we face them again, they are more quickly resolved (it's the production of antibodies, memory and killer cells). Without the exposure (lockdown, masks, 2m gap), the viruses have all mutated, possibly enough for the memory cells to go: this is new. So the immune system has to start from scratch= longer and worse symptoms."

You are kinda going down the GBD route that repeated exposure is good for Covid when this has been demonstrated to be incorrect. Would you like to stimulate your system with Rabies, measles, Nipah or Hendra virus.

Covid is still a novel virus and as a species we have not evolved yet to adapted to it yet like other coronaviruses

Peterborough

You are kinda going down the GBD route that repeated exposure is good for Covid when this has been demonstrated to be incorrect. Would you like to stimulate your system with Rabies, measles, Nipah or Hendra virus.

Covid is still a novel virus and as a species we have not evolved yet to adapted to it yet like other coronaviruses

"

GBD?

As for hypotheses re what virus it is actually like, time will tell.

Weymouth

GBD?

As for hypotheses re what virus it is actually like, time will tell."

Great Barrington declaration.

As for what Covid is really like- well it causes damage to blood vessels, causes brain cells to fuse and we have already discussed it’s deleterious effect on our immune systems on a different these.

It’s not a hypothesis if it’s already and continuing to cause pathology

Weymouth

GBD?

As for what Covid is really like- well it causes damage to blood vessels, causes brain cells to fuse and we have already discussed it’s deleterious effect on our immune systems on a different these.

"

“* these= thread

Peterborough

GBD?

"

Having discussed it doesn't mean that it is the general consensus. More evidence is needed. As I stated, time will tell.

Who knows, it may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome.

Weymouth

GBD?

Having discussed it doesn't mean that it is the general consensus. More evidence is needed. As I stated, time will tell.

Who knows, it may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome."

You are making the assumption that we are already ( or have immune systems that are)adapted to Covid. We are ( for the majority of the population not)- this occurs over time for a species.

It’s also already been demonstrated with Macaques and neuropathology - all demonstrated Lewy bodies ( precursor to Parkinson’s) after Covid infection.

Coronavirus are instrinically virulent and immune evasive until the host adapts.

Worth checking out OC43/ Russian flu/ bovine corona virus and their association- adaptation occurred but probably over decades

Manchester (she/her)

GBD?

Who knows, it may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome."

Might be fine, might not be, might only be bad for some.

So let's assume it's fine and get on with it, like they did when they congratulated people for being HIV positive back in the day

Peterborough

GBD?

You are making the assumption that we are already ( or have immune systems that are)adapted to Covid. We are ( for the majority of the population not)- this occurs over time for a species.

It’s also already been demonstrated with Macaques and neuropathology - all demonstrated Lewy bodies ( precursor to Parkinson’s) after Covid infection.

Coronavirus are instrinically virulent and immune evasive until the host adapts.

Worth checking out OC43/ Russian flu/ bovine corona virus and their association- adaptation occurred but probably over decades

"

Maybe I'm being naïve but until all evidence you propose becomes part and parcel of knowledge and treatment (think NICE -guidelines and quality standards), I will advocate how our immune systems work. There are always anomalies

At present NHS concerns are for the vulnerable and elderly, hence provision of boosters for these.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Stockport

GBD?

Maybe I'm being naïve but until all evidence you propose becomes part and parcel of knowledge and treatment (think NICE -guidelines and quality standards), I will advocate how our immune systems work. There are always anomalies

At present NHS concerns are for the vulnerable and elderly, hence provision of boosters for these."

Call me stupid if you want, but I thought that most scientific fields were supposed to operate upon the precautionary principle, ie. if there are reasonable grounds for believing that something could be harmful, then you should act in the precautionary manner to avoid harm, until there is strong evidence that the danger either does not exist or can be circumvented.

In this case there is ample evidence that Covid infection _does_ cause all manner of VERY BAD effects upon the human body. The speculation that "Who knows, it may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome" does not really give adequate grounds for deciding that it must therefore be desirable to infect as many people as possible. At best it amounts to musing "Well it might not kill everybody".

Following that logic I could say "Who knows, Ebola may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome" on the basis that eg. very few people from Norway have ever died of the tropical disease Ebola, and thus that it must be desirable to maximise the transmission of Ebola throughout the global population, in order to allow the development of herd immunity to Ebola.

Indeed if this logic had been used in the case of HIV (as was I believe at one time promoted by some members of the community) then the majority of the global population would have developed full blown AIDS and died at least 10 years before any effective drugs for the treatment of HIV were available.

[For comparison: Total number of deaths worldwide from AIDS & AIDS related illnesses during the 43 years since the first known cases = approx 40 million (approx 930,000 per year on average, but obviously would be low in early years and ramping up). Total number of deaths worldwide from Covid & Covid related illnesses during the 4 years since the first known cases = approx 7 million (approx 1.75 million per year on average, but obviously would be low in early years and ramping up). Total number of people worldwide ever infected with HIV = approx 100 million. Total number of people worldwide ever infected with Covid = damn near everybody. Average time from infection with HIV until death from AIDS & AIDS related illnesses, without effective antiviral treatment = 11 years. Average time from infection with Covid until death from Covid & Covid related illnesses = we have no idea, but there is ample evidence of damaged immune systems and increasing illness from random diseases among those who are currently 3+ years since first infection.]

And yes, it is perfectly possible that there are some people who have natural immunity to HIV, or whose immune systems are not destroyed by HIV. How lucky do you feel? Would you deliberately allow yourself to be infected with HIV, to confirm that you had the protective genome, and that thus you didn't need to use penis masks (condoms)?

Peterborough

GBD?

At present NHS concerns are for the vulnerable and elderly, hence provision of boosters for these.

Call me stupid if you want, but I thought that most scientific fields were supposed to operate upon the precautionary principle, ie. if there are reasonable grounds for believing that something could be harmful, then you should act in the precautionary manner to avoid harm, until there is strong evidence that the danger either does not exist or can be circumvented.

In this case there is ample evidence that Covid infection _does_ cause all manner of VERY BAD effects upon the human body. The speculation that "Who knows, it may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome" does not really give adequate grounds for deciding that it must therefore be desirable to infect as many people as possible. At best it amounts to musing "Well it might not kill everybody".

Following that logic I could say "Who knows, Ebola may only be deleterious for people with a certain genome" on the basis that eg. very few people from Norway have ever died of the tropical disease Ebola, and thus that it must be desirable to maximise the transmission of Ebola throughout the global population, in order to allow the development of herd immunity to Ebola.

Indeed if this logic had been used in the case of HIV (as was I believe at one time promoted by some members of the community) then the majority of the global population would have developed full blown AIDS and died at least 10 years before any effective drugs for the treatment of HIV were available.

[For comparison: Total number of deaths worldwide from AIDS & AIDS related illnesses during the 43 years since the first known cases = approx 40 million (approx 930,000 per year on average, but obviously would be low in early years and ramping up). Total number of deaths worldwide from Covid & Covid related illnesses during the 4 years since the first known cases = approx 7 million (approx 1.75 million per year on average, but obviously would be low in early years and ramping up). Total number of people worldwide ever infected with HIV = approx 100 million. Total number of people worldwide ever infected with Covid = damn near everybody. Average time from infection with HIV until death from AIDS & AIDS related illnesses, without effective antiviral treatment = 11 years. Average time from infection with Covid until death from Covid & Covid related illnesses = we have no idea, but there is ample evidence of damaged immune systems and increasing illness from random diseases among those who are currently 3+ years since first infection.]

And yes, it is perfectly possible that there are some people who have natural immunity to HIV, or whose immune systems are not destroyed by HIV. How lucky do you feel? Would you deliberately allow yourself to be infected with HIV, to confirm that you had the protective genome, and that thus you didn't need to use penis masks (condoms)?"

Polly stop the drama.

What do you want to see the NHS do?

If you want to continue the mask strategy, you're free to do so.

GBD?

And yes, it is perfectly possible that there are some people who have natural immunity to HIV, or whose immune systems are not destroyed by HIV. How lucky do you feel? Would you deliberately allow yourself to be infected with HIV, to confirm that you had the protective genome, and that thus you didn't need to use penis masks (condoms)?

Polly stop the drama.

If you want to continue the mask strategy, you're free to do so. "

Is wearing a mask for 20 minutes really a huge inconvenience if it means preventing it spreading and the possibility someone won't die?

Not that I actually would expect many people here to give a shit over such. I have seen so many cases of the profound detachment to empathy and the lack of any moral grounding here.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Stockport

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

If you want to continue the mask strategy, you're free to do so. "

I'd like the government to stop promoting the idea that COVID is harmless and that the pandemic ended two years ago. I'd like the government to restart collecting COVID statistics, and to acknowledge that for _some_ reason an awful lot of people are getting sick, and to promote genuine investigation into _why_ they might be getting sick, and to actively endorse precautionary measures to try to stop so many people getting sick. I'm not saying they have to instantly throw billions of pounds at this - although all these sick people are in fact already costing the country billions. But just a change of attitude would be a bloody good start. To take an attitude of "there's something going wrong, let's at least look at the possibilities" instead of the utterly mindbogglingly crazy attitude of "getting infected is good, being ill every three months is normal, preventing the numbers being counted will mean that nobody is dying or getting sick, telling people to _not_ control infections will reduce infections". I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic. And unfortunately I seem to be one of the damn few people in this country who is being realistic.

By *heffielderCouple 14 weeks ago

sheffield

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

Is wearing a mask for 20 minutes really a huge inconvenience if it means preventing it spreading and the possibility someone won't die?

Not that I actually would expect many people here to give a shit over such. I have seen so many cases of the profound detachment to empathy and the lack of any moral grounding here."

Madk wearing is particularly effective at stopping the spread of covid.

By *kippy83Man 14 weeks ago

Spalding

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

I'd like the government to stop promoting the idea that COVID is harmless and that the pandemic ended two years ago. I'd like the government to restart collecting COVID statistics, and to acknowledge that for _some_ reason an awful lot of people are getting sick, and to promote genuine investigation into _why_ they might be getting sick, and to actively endorse precautionary measures to try to stop so many people getting sick. I'm not saying they have to instantly throw billions of pounds at this - although all these sick people are in fact already costing the country billions. But just a change of attitude would be a bloody good start. To take an attitude of "there's something going wrong, let's at least look at the possibilities" instead of the utterly mindbogglingly crazy attitude of "getting infected is good, being ill every three months is normal, preventing the numbers being counted will mean that nobody is dying or getting sick, telling people to _not_ control infections will reduce infections". I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic. And unfortunately I seem to be one of the damn few people in this country who is being realistic."

It's fairly obvious why people are getting sick .... Think about it !!

By *hree_into_oneCouple 14 weeks ago

lymm

Just had near 30 days of colds and flu..

Weymouth

GBD?

At present NHS concerns are for the vulnerable and elderly, hence provision of boosters for these."

Nice recommendations take too long to catch up with recent studies. The NHS are still not very clear whether they believe Covid is airborne ( and consequently masking is required)or we should just continue to wash our hands.

Probably the most extensive study on the cardiac effects of Covid in mild cases was published a year ago and was published in the BMJ stating

Those who had had covid-19 had a 72% increased risk of heart failure, 63% increased risk of heart attack, and 52% increased risk of stroke compared with controls.

These NICE guidelines will inevitably change- maybe have a look at recent press releases by the German health minister as an example of a change in approach- it is coming for many more countries

By *apiomanMan 14 weeks ago

Shipley

Personally I have been less ill.

By *apiomanMan 14 weeks ago

Shipley

There is an extra respiratory virus which is doing the rounds which increases our chances of catching something. So it isn't surprising that some people are getting ill more frequently.

By *andering Welsh GuyMan 14 weeks ago

All over the place

Very much so, seen to be having frequent chest infections

By *I TwoCouple 14 weeks ago

all around

Neither of us have had a flu for a long time but we get the vaccine and nothing really more than the odd sniffle or dry throat

By *riel13Woman 14 weeks ago

Northampton

Nope... Still rarely ill, with anything

By *lym4realCouple 14 weeks ago

plymouth

There were numerous warnings and medical surveys pointing out that our immune system were at danerously low levels due to a combo of work/life balance and also the food we eat plus we aren't taking enough exercise and getting out and about for the bare mininuim needed to maintain our health ? before lockdown and so lock down didn't help either and think we are just more aware now aswell plus add in our woeful sick pay levels and it does all add up to a disaster or disasters waiting to happen ?? a diet high in sugar and fats and over reliance on proccessed foor of highly proccesed foods that most experts are calling to be not be labelled as food ? and seeing children walking to school slurping the latest trendy engery drink ?? or even adults ?? and there in lies the problem ?? where the food industry actually controls/run and advices on our food policy instead of the government and various experts in the fields of nutrition etc etc and it all has a massive impact on our general health and our well being and our immune system ?we've changed our diet alot now and eat far more fresh veg and fruit but it's a difficult balance as it's the cost of the food that's good for us and our body/mental health and immune system and the foodd that's cheaper and not ? and the sugar was a joke ans shows the government is controlled by the big for profit companies and a ticking time bomb ?

all around

[Removed by poster at 07/02/24 13:32:26]

all around

" There were numerous warnings and medical surveys pointing out that our immune system were at danerously low levels due to a combo of work/life balance and also the food we eat plus we aren't taking enough exercise and getting out and about for the bare mininuim needed to maintain our health ? before lockdown and so lock down didn't help either and think we are just more aware now aswell plus add in our woeful sick pay levels and it does all add up to a disaster or disasters waiting to happen ?? a diet high in sugar and fats and over reliance on proccessed foor of highly proccesed foods that most experts are calling to be not be labelled as food ? and seeing children walking to school slurping the latest trendy engery drink ?? or even adults ?? and there in lies the problem ?? where the food industry actually controls/run and advices on our food policy instead of the government and various experts in the fields of nutrition etc etc and it all has a massive impact on our general health and our well being and our immune system ?we've changed our diet alot now and eat far more fresh veg and fruit but it's a difficult balance as it's the cost of the food that's good for us and our body/mental health and immune system and the foodd that's cheaper and not ? and the sugar was a joke ans shows the government is controlled by the big for profit companies and a ticking time bomb ? "

I read a lot about "big for profit companies", "big oil" and "big pharma" I guess it's the new buzz words but in reality without "big" companies we'd be back in the dark ages ....

They pay wages and taxes and fund the country and our lifestyles, of course the government has to create and maintain an environment for the "big" companies to flourish so I'm at a loss to understand this hate everything and everyone who makes a profit

*Typo correction

I’m sick now. First proper illness since December 2021, when i had Covid.

But my god this sucks never experienced pain in my body like it before.

all around

"I’m sick now. First proper illness since December 2021, when i had Covid.

But my god this sucks never experienced pain in my body like it before. "

Oh no, that's awful.

Hope you feel better soon xx

[Removed by poster at 07/02/24 16:53:13]

By *r TriomanMan 14 weeks ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

Actually no and yes; I don't get ill as often or as bad but on when I do it lasts longer.

By *AS 2022Woman 14 weeks ago

Malvern

I've just been signed off work for a 4th week. Stupid cough chest infection exhausted.

Hope you feel better soon.

Spalding

" There were numerous warnings and medical surveys pointing out that our immune system were at danerously low levels due to a combo of work/life balance and also the food we eat plus we aren't taking enough exercise and getting out and about for the bare mininuim needed to maintain our health ? before lockdown and so lock down didn't help either and think we are just more aware now aswell plus add in our woeful sick pay levels and it does all add up to a disaster or disasters waiting to happen ?? a diet high in sugar and fats and over reliance on proccessed foor of highly proccesed foods that most experts are calling to be not be labelled as food ? and seeing children walking to school slurping the latest trendy engery drink ?? or even adults ?? and there in lies the problem ?? where the food industry actually controls/run and advices on our food policy instead of the government and various experts in the fields of nutrition etc etc and it all has a massive impact on our general health and our well being and our immune system ?we've changed our diet alot now and eat far more fresh veg and fruit but it's a difficult balance as it's the cost of the food that's good for us and our body/mental health and immune system and the foodd that's cheaper and not ? and the sugar was a joke ans shows the government is controlled by the big for profit companies and a ticking time bomb ?

I read a lot about "big for profit companies", "big oil" and "big pharma" I guess it's the new buzz words but in reality without "big" companies we'd be back in the dark ages ....

They pay wages and taxes and fund the country and our lifestyles, of course the government has to create and maintain an environment for the "big" companies to flourish so I'm at a loss to understand this hate everything and everyone who makes a profit

*Typo correction "

I've nothing against big companies so I partially agree.

However, some of the biggest companies may need a boost in sales once in a while!

Im no business man but if I was I wouldn't want to invest billions in high tech weapons without a market for them ? Equally with pharmaceutical i'd suggest a product is worth zero without any customers ?!?!?!

all around

" There were numerous warnings and medical surveys pointing out that our immune system were at danerously low levels due to a combo of work/life balance and also the food we eat plus we aren't taking enough exercise and getting out and about for the bare mininuim needed to maintain our health ? before lockdown and so lock down didn't help either and think we are just more aware now aswell plus add in our woeful sick pay levels and it does all add up to a disaster or disasters waiting to happen ?? a diet high in sugar and fats and over reliance on proccessed foor of highly proccesed foods that most experts are calling to be not be labelled as food ? and seeing children walking to school slurping the latest trendy engery drink ?? or even adults ?? and there in lies the problem ?? where the food industry actually controls/run and advices on our food policy instead of the government and various experts in the fields of nutrition etc etc and it all has a massive impact on our general health and our well being and our immune system ?we've changed our diet alot now and eat far more fresh veg and fruit but it's a difficult balance as it's the cost of the food that's good for us and our body/mental health and immune system and the foodd that's cheaper and not ? and the sugar was a joke ans shows the government is controlled by the big for profit companies and a ticking time bomb ?

*Typo correction

However, some of the biggest companies may need a boost in sales once in a while!

Im no business man but if I was I wouldn't want to invest billions in high tech weapons without a market for them ? Equally with pharmaceutical i'd suggest a product is worth zero without any customers ?!?!?! "

Pharmaceutical companies spend billions annually trying to find cures and prevention to cancers and for diseases we haven't even seen yet.

Should they stop ?

Spalding

*Typo correction

Im no business man but if I was I wouldn't want to invest billions in high tech weapons without a market for them ? Equally with pharmaceutical i'd suggest a product is worth zero without any customers ?!?!?!

Pharmaceutical companies spend billions annually trying to find cures and prevention to cancers and for diseases we haven't even seen yet.

Should they stop ?"

How do you create a cure or prevention for something not known?? Please think rationally about that !

By *exy-schoolieTV/TS 14 weeks ago

lancashire

You'll be fine unless you took the unmentionable

Manchester (she/her)

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

How do you create a cure or prevention for something not known?? Please think rationally about that !

"

You... look at the structures of different types of viruses, for example. Look at what's essential and doesn't seem to be altered through mutation.

Work's being done on pan-corona virus vaccines, for example.

Nothing the previous poster said is irrational - it's more irrational to doubt it could happen.

all around

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

"

The development of the mRNA vaccines began in the late 1980s

It was used to make a COVID vaccine

COVID wasn't around in the 1980s

Manchester (she/her)

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

COVID wasn't around in the 1980s"

I think some people assume that scientists just... pull stuff out of their arses? Rather than building from what we already know. Here are the building blocks of life, including humans and viruses - here's how we might be able to alter them for a therapeutic purpose (theoretically, in test tubes, in animals, eventually in people). Here are the common groups of viruses (bacteria, fungi, etc) - what can harm them that doesn't harm humans (too much) and might be true even in an unknown version of virus type X (so, a corona virus, for example)?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 14 weeks ago

Cumbria

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

I think some people assume that scientists just... pull stuff out of their arses? Rather than building from what we already know. Here are the building blocks of life, including humans and viruses - here's how we might be able to alter them for a therapeutic purpose (theoretically, in test tubes, in animals, eventually in people). Here are the common groups of viruses (bacteria, fungi, etc) - what can harm them that doesn't harm humans (too much) and might be true even in an unknown version of virus type X (so, a corona virus, for example)? "

There are far too many people who think the limit to their knowledge and understanding is the limit to human knowledge and understanding.

They are often the people who think universities are a waste of time, and doctors don't need a payrise.

all around

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

all around

"

It's fairly obvious why people are getting sick .... Think about it !!"

Most likely they got sick because they caught a virus ?

Manchester (she/her)

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld"

I'm young enough that I found that influential in my thinking, when it came out. I never did understand why people mocked the idea - it seems like a useful way to think about the nature of knowledge

Spalding

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

COVID wasn't around in the 1980s"

Apologies if come across as inept within this discussion!

I just don't understand why/how so much development being done for unknowns? And yet let's be honest very little advancement with the knowns?!?!

Please I am not here to be condemned as wrong in my thinking nor do I seek to suggest on others.

all around

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

I just don't understand why/how so much development being done for unknowns? And yet let's be honest very little advancement with the knowns?!?!

Please I am not here to be condemned as wrong in my thinking nor do I seek to suggest on others.

"

Simply because when a virus suddenly starts to spread a vaccine needs to be developed quickly before everyone dies.

The next one could be as deadly as Ebola and as contagious as COVID so we need to be ready.

mRNA is easily adaptable and is also being used to fight some aggressive cancers.

Spalding

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

Simply because when a virus suddenly starts to spread a vaccine needs to be developed quickly before everyone dies.

The next one could be as deadly as Ebola and as contagious as COVID so we need to be ready.

mRNA is easily adaptable and is also being used to fight some aggressive cancers.

"

It's really not my intention to get into facts stats etc etc ... I just go with what I've witnessed in the last few years !

all around

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

It's really not my intention to get into facts stats etc etc ... I just go with what I've witnessed in the last few years ! "

You witnessed a vaccine produced to help end a pandemic.

Spalding

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

It's really not my intention to get into facts stats etc etc ... I just go with what I've witnessed in the last few years !

You witnessed a vaccine produced to help end a pandemic."

How do you know what I've witnessed?

Like I've said I really don't wish to get into a discussion that's not open for debate! It's just an argument then xx

By *isfun2023Couple 14 weeks ago

wakefield

Absolutely agree I always seem to be poorly with something... I was just saying this recently ...

Weymouth

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

"

For those who are interested ( and I know the organisation gets a lot of slagging off) it’s worth going on the WHO website and looking at the great work they are doing in hot zones( zones of high risk zoonotic spillover).

It is their work the directs research to potential vaccines- there are many viruses being monitored for potential changes with mutations that are pandemic potential

Even in the UK influenza strains( human / avian/ swine) are closely monitored for mutations by Defra and PHE and they collaborate internationally and share genomic sequences.

Spalding

"Absolutely agree I always seem to be poorly with something... I was just saying this recently ... "

Sorry to hear this x

May I ask what you was agreeing with ?

By *isfun2023Couple 14 weeks ago

wakefield

"Absolutely agree I always seem to be poorly with something... I was just saying this recently ...

Sorry to hear this x

May I ask what you was agreeing with ?"

. With lucid dreams

Spalding

"Absolutely agree I always seem to be poorly with something... I was just saying this recently ...

Sorry to hear this x

May I ask what you was agreeing with ?. With lucid dreams "

Yes it does seem to be a theme with people being ill .

all around

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

Like I've said I really don't wish to get into a discussion that's not open for debate! It's just an argument then xx"

Sorry I'm confused

Your posting on a forum and asking questions but you dont want to discuss anything.

You didn't witness something that went on all round you for 3 years.

Probably better to wish you a merry Christmas and leave it there then.

Merry Christmas

Spalding

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

Like I've said I really don't wish to get into a discussion that's not open for debate! It's just an argument then xx

Sorry I'm confused

Your posting on a forum and asking questions but you dont want to discuss anything.

Merry Christmas "

Just questioning what I've seen happen during and after that's all

Spalding

*Typo correction

Should they stop ?

Sorry I'm confused

Merry Christmas

Just questioning what I've seen happen during and after that's all"

And wishing someone a merry Christmas suggests that you maybe only have a very one sided view and do not wish to debate or discuss very little ?!

all around

"

"

Spalding

"

"

we should be allowed our own thoughts and I respect yours as much as they may not align with mine

Manchester (she/her)

"

we should be allowed our own thoughts and I respect yours as much as they may not align with mine "

So you want to question, but not get into facts and how those might answer the question?

You admit that there are things you don't understand, but you don't want to hear anything that might change that?

You don't want to clarify what it is that you're questioning to try to gain understanding?

That seems... futile. Particularly to do on a discussion forum. Because you seem to be opposed to discussion?

all around

"

we should be allowed our own thoughts and I respect yours as much as they may not align with mine "

Absolutely, and you are entitled to your own thoughts and your privacy but once you put your thoughts on a public forum they WILL be scrutinised and discussed by the people you directed them at and many others that have an opinion, I'd suggest that if you want to state an opinion without reply you could try Facebook where there is an option to prevent replies to your post.

Peterborough

"

"

I'm wondering if this has been misunderstood.

By *teveuk77Man 13 weeks ago

uk

"No minor issues, but i have developed Multiple Sclerosis since the first Jab and there are currently 80,000 claims ongoing against AstraZeneca x"

Interesting you mention the jab rather than the virus. My money is, if anything other the a coincidence, on the virus rather than the jab.

By *I TwoCouple 13 weeks ago

all around

"No minor issues, but i have developed Multiple Sclerosis since the first Jab and there are currently 80,000 claims ongoing against AstraZeneca x

Interesting you mention the jab rather than the virus. My money is, if anything other the a coincidence, on the virus rather than the jab."

And my neighbour died in a car crash after the first jab ... Really !

By *obleroneToShareMan 13 weeks ago

"

we should be allowed our own thoughts and I respect yours as much as they may not align with mine

Absolutely, and you are entitled to your own thoughts and your privacy but once you put your thoughts on a public forum they WILL be scrutinised and discussed by the people you directed them at and many others that have an opinion, I'd suggest that if you want to state an opinion without reply you could try Facebook where there is an option to prevent replies to your post.

"

Why go to Facebook? There is no obligation to respond to questions from people scrutinizing what you've posted.

There is no need to reply, it's not compulsory.

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

"Has anyone found that they get sick more often and for longer since we exited lockdown? I've gone from having one cold per year to every few months catching something. "

Yes, unfortunately. I've had the flu, pneumonia, two cough/chest infections and tonsillitis. And lost my voice each time, a blessing some might say but a pain when you live alone and can't answer the phone

all around

Yes, unfortunately. I've had the flu, pneumonia, two cough/chest infections and tonsillitis. And lost my voice each time, a blessing some might say but a pain when you live alone and can't answer the phone "

That's a bad run alright

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Yes, unfortunately. I've had the flu, pneumonia, two cough/chest infections and tonsillitis. And lost my voice each time, a blessing some might say but a pain when you live alone and can't answer the phone

That's a bad run alright "

It was, but Spring is nearly here, I'm feeling positive and a lot planned for this year so no time to be ill again

all around

That's a bad run alright

It was, but Spring is nearly here, I'm feeling positive and a lot planned for this year so no time to be ill again "

That's the spirit

By *inkyCuckCoupleCouple (MM) 13 weeks ago

hull

Most definitely, been ill for about two weeks now and just comes and goes

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

"No minor issues, but i have developed Multiple Sclerosis since the first Jab and there are currently 80,000 claims ongoing against AstraZeneca x"

So sorry to hear that

Obviously the herd won’t believe it’s anything to do with the jib jab

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

Is this a new revelation? Why hasn't this been disclosed before?"

Sshhhh

You’ll destroy the official narrative

By *eppoMan 12 weeks ago

London Colney

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

I'd like the government to stop promoting the idea that COVID is harmless and that the pandemic ended two years ago. I'd like the government to restart collecting COVID statistics, and to acknowledge that for _some_ reason an awful lot of people are getting sick, and to promote genuine investigation into _why_ they might be getting sick, and to actively endorse precautionary measures to try to stop so many people getting sick. I'm not saying they have to instantly throw billions of pounds at this - although all these sick people are in fact already costing the country billions. But just a change of attitude would be a bloody good start. To take an attitude of "there's something going wrong, let's at least look at the possibilities" instead of the utterly mindbogglingly crazy attitude of "getting infected is good, being ill every three months is normal, preventing the numbers being counted will mean that nobody is dying or getting sick, telling people to _not_ control infections will reduce infections". I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic. And unfortunately I seem to be one of the damn few people in this country who is being realistic."

I’d be very tempted to think jib jab is a bit of an issue

I mean how many times in life have we been told to take multiple / is it at 6 now ? / jib jabs for a coronavirus

There was lots of talk / warnings that it will affect people’s immune system and voila lots and lots of people are complaining of being I’ll more often and let’s lot go down the amount of people INCLUDING young fit Sportspeople just dropping

Wake up people .. take note …. Look around you

Something strange is happening

And don’t let them hide it all behind the Long Covid banner Bs

By *ldgeezermeMan 12 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

I'd like the government to stop promoting the idea that COVID is harmless and that the pandemic ended two years ago. I'd like the government to restart collecting COVID statistics, and to acknowledge that for _some_ reason an awful lot of people are getting sick, and to promote genuine investigation into _why_ they might be getting sick, and to actively endorse precautionary measures to try to stop so many people getting sick. I'm not saying they have to instantly throw billions of pounds at this - although all these sick people are in fact already costing the country billions. But just a change of attitude would be a bloody good start. To take an attitude of "there's something going wrong, let's at least look at the possibilities" instead of the utterly mindbogglingly crazy attitude of "getting infected is good, being ill every three months is normal, preventing the numbers being counted will mean that nobody is dying or getting sick, telling people to _not_ control infections will reduce infections". I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic. And unfortunately I seem to be one of the damn few people in this country who is being realistic.

I mean how many times in life have we been told to take multiple / is it at 6 now ? / jib jabs for a coronavirus

There was lots of talk / warnings that it will affect people’s immune system and voila lots and lots of people are complaining of being I’ll more often and let’s lot go down the amount of people INCLUDING young fit Sportspeople just dropping

And don’t let them hide it all behind the Long Covid banner Bs "

Wake up to the jib jab everyone

Newcastle, Throckley

GBD?

Polly stop the drama.

And don’t let them hide it all behind the Long Covid banner Bs "

If you're an anti-vaxxer and you think the vaccine is harming athletes, don't click on this link

https://www.tctmd.com/news/reports-sudden-deaths-among-athletes-after-covid-19-vax-are-misinformation

By *I TwoCouple 12 weeks ago

all around

Still, there's a lot of folk getting click money sucking in the uneducated to their anti Vax claptrap

Is the guy sitting in his bedroom wearing a string vest still giving medical advice lol

Newcastle, Throckley

"Still, there's a lot of folk getting click money sucking in the uneducated to their anti Vax claptrap

Is the guy sitting in his bedroom wearing a string vest still giving medical advice lol"

Excuse me!

I think you'll find he's done his own research

By *undee2Man 11 weeks ago

Dundee

I avoid all shops except DIY stores. The Thursday before Christmas, I went into Water stones at 6:30 when it will be empty. Got there, got the presses, got out. First time in a shop in four years. Got hit by a non Covid virus. Off work for two weeks. Cost three days wages. All because I wanted to feel normal for just one time.

By *antasysoulsCouple 11 weeks ago

Dumfries

"I must just be very unlucky, I never got sick at all during the lockdown and I was working throughout it. To now catching something every couple of months with the symptoms being a lot more severe than prior to covid and lasting longer."
all the people saying no are all pretty old like late 40s 50s and 60s where as younger people are more social and around children more and my kids school is a breeding ground for bugs every few weeks you run the gauntlet again it's relentless so you are 100% right.

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 11 weeks ago

leeds

f you're an anti-vaxxer and you think the vaccine is harming athletes, don't click on this link

https://www.tctmd.com/news/reports-sudden-deaths-among-athletes-after-covid-19-vax-are-misinformation

So this isnt true BUT the athletes are suffering from myocarditis which is a rare side effect of the vaccine lol and its from 2022 which be a totally different opinion on it now

By *melie LALWoman 11 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I avoid all shops except DIY stores. The Thursday before Christmas, I went into Water stones at 6:30 when it will be empty. Got there, got the presses, got out. First time in a shop in four years. Got hit by a non Covid virus. Off work for two weeks. Cost three days wages. All because I wanted to feel normal for just one time."

Normal is overrated

By *obleroneToShareMan 11 weeks ago

"I must just be very unlucky, I never got sick at all during the lockdown and I was working throughout it. To now catching something every couple of months with the symptoms being a lot more severe than prior to covid and lasting longer. all the people saying no are all pretty old like late 40s 50s and 60s where as younger people are more social and around children more and my kids school is a breeding ground for bugs every few weeks you run the gauntlet again it's relentless so you are 100% right."

It's called building up natural immunity.

10/10 people I know who didn't have a COVID-19 vaccination recommend it.

By *ldgeezermeMan 11 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"f you're an anti-vaxxer and you think the vaccine is harming athletes, don't click on this link

So this isnt true BUT the athletes are suffering from myocarditis which is a rare side effect of the vaccine lol and its from 2022 which be a totally different opinion on it now "

I know this sounds a bit much, but, could you be a dear and provide a source for that

TIA

Newcastle, Throckley

"I must just be very unlucky, I never got sick at all during the lockdown and I was working throughout it. To now catching something every couple of months with the symptoms being a lot more severe than prior to covid and lasting longer. all the people saying no are all pretty old like late 40s 50s and 60s where as younger people are more social and around children more and my kids school is a breeding ground for bugs every few weeks you run the gauntlet again it's relentless so you are 100% right.

It's called building up natural immunity.

10/10 people I know who didn't have a COVID-19 vaccination recommend it."

Misinformation

You don't know 10 people

By *I TwoCouple 11 weeks ago

all around

"f you're an anti-vaxxer and you think the vaccine is harming athletes, don't click on this link

So this isnt true BUT the athletes are suffering from myocarditis which is a rare side effect of the vaccine lol and its from 2022 which be a totally different opinion on it now

I know this sounds a bit much, but, could you be a dear and provide a source for that

TIA"

You'll be amazed to know that myocarditis has been around since long before the vaccine.

Newcastle, Throckley

TIA

You'll be amazed to know that myocarditis has been around since long before the vaccine.

"

It's also a significant side effect of Covid 19

» Add a new message to this topic