FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Booster

Booster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    14 weeks ago

How come thers no more booster shots and even the age for free flu shits has been raised back up again? Or is that just in Northern Ireland

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple 14 weeks ago

all around

"How come thers no more booster shots and even the age for free flu shits has been raised back up again? Or is that just in Northern Ireland "

No money in Northern Ireland

"How come thers no more booster shots and even the age for free flu shits has been raised back up again? Or is that just in Northern Ireland

No money in Northern Ireland "

Is that seriously y? Wat about now they have the billions will it be too late to get them

By *naswingdressWoman 14 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Covid boosters are generally unavailable to most of the UK population.

"Covid boosters are generally unavailable to most of the UK population. "

That was my question, why? Im sure I read somewere covid was still putting people into hospital

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid boosters are generally unavailable to most of the UK population.

That was my question, why? Im sure I read somewere covid was still putting people into hospital"

If I could wrap my head around the rationales of the UK government, I'd be a wealthy woman.

That was my question, why? Im sure I read somewere covid was still putting people into hospital

If I could wrap my head around the rationales of the UK government, I'd be a wealthy woman."

True just were planning are first holiday since covid and wondered if we would be riskier not having any booster before travelling aboard

Manchester (she/her)

If I could wrap my head around the rationales of the UK government, I'd be a wealthy woman.

True just were planning are first holiday since covid and wondered if we would be riskier not having any booster before travelling aboard "

I don't think that living in the UK is any less risky than being overseas, Covid wise. Unless you take day to day precautions.

all around

True just were planning are first holiday since covid and wondered if we would be riskier not having any booster before travelling aboard "

You may be able to get it later on this year but you'll have to pay

I've no idea what the COVID will cost but the flu isn't expensive and is well worth it

If you have any close family who are classed as clinically vulnerable you may be able to get it by asking your GP

Manchester (she/her)

True just were planning are first holiday since covid and wondered if we would be riskier not having any booster before travelling aboard

I've no idea what the COVID will cost but the flu isn't expensive and is well worth it

If you have any close family who are classed as clinically vulnerable you may be able to get it by asking your GP "

I would hazard a guess that a private Covid vaccine will be relatively expensive, because it's a long way from the generic stage.

all around

If you have any close family who are classed as clinically vulnerable you may be able to get it by asking your GP

I would hazard a guess that a private Covid vaccine will be relatively expensive, because it's a long way from the generic stage."

There's talk of £45

Manchester (she/her)

I would hazard a guess that a private Covid vaccine will be relatively expensive, because it's a long way from the generic stage.

There's talk of £45"

That's interesting. Definitely not on the level of a flu jab, but if true, a lot better than I feared.

If you have any close family who are classed as clinically vulnerable you may be able to get it by asking your GP "

Last year te Flu one was free but they raised the ages is it still worth getting it now I wonder?

Manchester (she/her)

Last year te Flu one was free but they raised the ages is it still worth getting it now I wonder?"

I can usually get a flu jab for £10-15 (Boots, Tesco etc) and I do. Reduce the likelihood of getting really ill or spreading it to someone else.

all around

From the guardian so hopefully it's a permitted link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/02/pharmacies-in-england-and-scotland-to-offer-private-covid-jabs-for-45

Manchester (she/her)

"From the guardian so hopefully it's a permitted link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/02/pharmacies-in-england-and-scotland-to-offer-private-covid-jabs-for-45"

Novavax! Even better

By *ophieslutTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Central

Last year te Flu one was free but they raised the ages is it still worth getting it now I wonder?"

It's definitely worth getting, especially as we're in flu season and our immune systems become weaker with age.

Like others have said, there's been discussion of £45 for the Covid vaccine, later in the year.

They reduced the access to it, to the most vulnerable population this winter.

So mayb £60 per person wen last year it was free? Well done Richi

By *ean1321TV/TS 14 weeks ago

Hartlepool

I still get booster had it last year with flu jab several other people I kno had the same maybe you should enquire

By *ean1321TV/TS 14 weeks ago

Hartlepool

Last year te Flu one was free but they raised the ages is it still worth getting it now I wonder?

It's definitely worth getting, especially as we're in flu season and our immune systems become weaker with age.

Like others have said, there's been discussion of £45 for the Covid vaccine, later in the year.

They reduced the access to it, to the most vulnerable population this winter. "

Cant understand that I had it last year with flu jab so did several other people!!

By *iverpoolmaster23Man 13 weeks ago

Liverpool

They created the monster , to get people to take the poison ……

By *ldgeezermeMan 13 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"They created the monster , to get people to take the poison ……"

If we ask nicely, will you guide us to the fount of your great knowledge

Please

By *ophieslutTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Central

Were you trying to reply to a different thread, as your post doesn't make any sense?

By *ature FAB FunCouple 13 weeks ago

Bolsover

I’m immunosuppressed - blood cancer - so get mine, thankfully

By *ldgeezermeMan 13 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"They created the monster , to get people to take the poison ……

Were you trying to reply to a different thread, as your post doesn't make any sense?"

I'm sure there was a Dungeons and Dragons thread somewhere

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

There will be a new one soon when the next plandemic starts hold tight it’s coming vax free and still alive and healthy still trying to catch something seems hard

By *I TwoCouple 12 weeks ago

all around

"There will be a new one soon when the next plandemic starts hold tight it’s coming vax free and still alive and healthy still trying to catch something seems hard "

Dont worry, 2025 is the year the new virus will be released, you'll definitely catch it

Well documented on all the platforms

By *naswingdressWoman 12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"There will be a new one soon when the next plandemic starts hold tight it’s coming vax free and still alive and healthy still trying to catch something seems hard

Dont worry, 2025 is the year the new virus will be released, you'll definitely catch it

Well documented on all the platforms "

If you wrap your arm in Patriot Really Truly Tin Foil and stand on one foot saying eenie meenie miney moe, you'll avoid it. And still no one will believe you. One day you'll be vindicated and people will stop mocking. One day soon. Like they vindicated the people who said women couldn't ride trains or their wombs would fall out.

"There will be a new one soon when the next plandemic starts hold tight it’s coming vax free and still alive and healthy still trying to catch something seems hard

Well documented on all the platforms "

Yep looking forward to it

If you wrap your arm in Patriot Really Truly Tin Foil and stand on one foot saying eenie meenie miney moe, you'll avoid it. And still no one will believe you. One day you'll be vindicated and people will stop mocking. One day soon. Like they vindicated the people who said women couldn't ride trains or their wombs would fall out. "

Haha I think I did two much sitting down and eating when covid was here missed it went over my head

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 12 weeks ago

M20

I’ve read several studies showing Omicron and any of its mutations appear to be vaccine resistant.

That accounts for most of the covid in the world.

The current cost/risk/reward of vaccinating is probably the motive for low vaccination levels.

If you think you’ve never had covid you are in all probability just asymptomatic, good for you.

There are even some people old enough to have sterile immunity to covid. They’ve lived long enough to encounter a similar enough virus so they brush it of. This isn’t speculation, there are proven cases.

Manchester (she/her)

If you wrap your arm in Patriot Really Truly Tin Foil and stand on one foot saying eenie meenie miney moe, you'll avoid it. And still no one will believe you. One day you'll be vindicated and people will stop mocking. One day soon. Like they vindicated the people who said women couldn't ride trains or their wombs would fall out.

Haha I think I did two much sitting down and eating when covid was here missed it went over my head "

Some of us know the difference between political compromises and science. Others... maybe not so much.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve read several studies showing Omicron and any of its mutations appear to be vaccine resistant.

That accounts for most of the covid in the world.

The current cost/risk/reward of vaccinating is probably the motive for low vaccination levels.

If you think you’ve never had covid you are in all probability just asymptomatic, good for you.

There are even some people old enough to have sterile immunity to covid. They’ve lived long enough to encounter a similar enough virus so they brush it of. This isn’t speculation, there are proven cases."

Could I see a citation for proven cases of people with sterilising immunity against Covid?

M20

There was one case in the first year or so of covid.

Others since

I’ll have a dig and get back.

I first looked on to it when my ex’s mom was immersed in a household of really bad cases. Her son was close to death. She laughed it off and tested every day. Nothing. She’s in her 80’s and struggles to walk any distance.

She’s a trooper.

Manchester (she/her)

"There was one case in the first year or so of covid.

Others since

I’ll have a dig and get back.

I first looked on to it when my ex’s mom was immersed in a household of really bad cases. Her son was close to death. She laughed it off and tested every day. Nothing. She’s in her 80’s and struggles to walk any distance.

She’s a trooper."

I'll be interested to see the literature.

M20

Go to the BMJ and look up Covid-19: Do many people have pre-existing immunity?

A really good article.

Manchester (she/her)

"Go to the BMJ and look up Covid-19: Do many people have pre-existing immunity?

A really good article."

Lots of "this could explain" and not a lot of experimentation and data. Also quite odd that you'd quote an article from 2020, and not something more recent?

This reads more like an opinion piece than a scientific paper, if I'm honest.

M20

Looking in to it..

Labs looked at stored blood samples from years before covid.

40-60% of them had T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19!

Source: BBC Future, The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

Manchester (she/her)

"Looking in to it..

40-60% of them had T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19!

Source: BBC Future, The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19"

I'm not sure I want to see journalism when I've asked for scientific papers.

Second, "no one has thought about T cells!" is hilarious given we're talking about immunity - immunologists think about T cells all the time

Thirdly, this is another 2020 piece. We've learned a fuckton more about Covid since then. Trying to explain/ remind the British public what T cells are is pretty weak sauce.

Do you have any scientific papers that show that some people have sterilising immunity to Covid? Not "might do", and not "there's more than one type of immunity", or are you just talking out of your arse and hoping no one will notice?

By *corpiomanMan 12 weeks ago

harrogate

I've worked out what your saying but let the others work it out themselves.

For the clever ones who will ask about my "future reading" skills, work it out yourselves, It's not rocket science.

Manchester (she/her)

For the clever ones who will ask about my "future reading" skills, work it out yourselves, It's not rocket science."

We all know what they're saying. It's not difficult.

A lot of us just think it's bollocks with not even a foundation of sand.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Central

A really good article."

It's very old. What did you take from this, including sterilising immunity?

By *ldgeezermeMan 12 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

For the clever ones who will ask about my "future reading" skills, work it out yourselves, It's not rocket science."

Another one who can see into the future

M20

A really good article.

It's very old. What did you take from this, including sterilising immunity?"

The validity of research should improve with age. If the British Medical Journal still publishes this page I have faith in it.

The article is a springboard for a deeper dive using the links regards immunity studies.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Central

A really good article.

The validity of research should improve with age. If the British Medical Journal still publishes this page I have faith in it.

The article is a springboard for a deeper dive using the links regards immunity studies."

It's reflective of knowledge earlier in the pandemic.

Did you take anything from it, regarding sterilising immunity, which has been discussed in this thread?

harrogate

I have magical future telling powers and they tell me..... your a follower

Newcastle, Throckley

"

I have magical future telling powers and they tell me..... your a follower "

The sad thing is you probably believe it

harrogate

The sad thing is you probably believe it

What's even more sadder is so do you.

( I'll wait for your reply, yawwnnnnn, so predictable and boring )

Manchester (she/her)

A really good article.

The article is a springboard for a deeper dive using the links regards immunity studies."

It doesn't answer the question that was posed, though.

You also seem to misunderstand how scientific papers work: scientific papers build upon previous knowledge, and you've quoted things where our knowledge was in its infancy.

Newcastle, Throckley

"The sad thing is you probably believe it

What's even more sadder is so do you.

( I'll wait for your reply, yawwnnnnn, so predictable and boring )"

You think I believe you

Bless

harrogate

No, not believe me, but believe yourself.

Thanks for your reply, you never let me down as it was boring and predictable as expected.

Newcastle, Throckley

"No, not believe me, but believe yourself.

Thanks for your reply, you never let me down as it was boring and predictable as expected.

"

Happy to oblige Nostradamus

harrogate

Happy to oblige Nostradamus

No problem, Albert Einstein

Newcastle, Throckley

"Happy to oblige Nostradamus

No problem, Albert Einstein"

I didn't see that coming

harrogate

I didn't see that coming

Ok, now I'm totally and utterly bored by you....you don't need to reply to this but....yawwnnn...night...

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 12 weeks ago

Reading

"I didn't see that coming

Ok, now I'm totally and utterly bored by you....you don't need to reply to this but....yawwnnn...night... "

Only boring people get bored...... just saying

By *I TwoCouple 12 weeks ago

all around

So, who will opt to pay for the vaccine ?

Obviously not the anti vax crew so don't feel it's compulsory to reply.

Newcastle, Throckley

"I didn't see that coming

Ok, now I'm totally and utterly bored by you....you don't need to reply to this but....yawwnnn...night... "

Night night

Even though it's daytime

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 12 weeks ago

leeds

We pay for it anyway lol u mean pay again

By *ill69888Couple 12 weeks ago

cheltenham

"Looking in to it..

Second, "no one has thought about T cells!" is hilarious given we're talking about immunity - immunologists think about T cells all the time

Thirdly, this is another 2020 piece. We've learned a fuckton more about Covid since then. Trying to explain/ remind the British public what T cells are is pretty weak sauce.

Do you have any scientific papers that show that some people have sterilising immunity to Covid? Not "might do", and not "there's more than one type of immunity", or are you just talking out of your arse and hoping no one will notice?"

Yes, we have learned a fuckton about Covid since 2020. We have learned that actually there is a 99.76% survival rate amongst those who contract covid.

Unless you are immunocompromised or very elderly, I really do not see why people want to keep jabbing themselves up? Have a look at the symptoms, they are almost identical to the common cold now.

Manchester (she/her)

"Looking in to it..

Do you have any scientific papers that show that some people have sterilising immunity to Covid? Not "might do", and not "there's more than one type of immunity", or are you just talking out of your arse and hoping no one will notice?

Yes, we have learned a fuckton about Covid since 2020. We have learned that actually there is a 99.76% survival rate amongst those who contract covid.

Unless you are immunocompromised or very elderly, I really do not see why people want to keep jabbing themselves up? Have a look at the symptoms, they are almost identical to the common cold now."

People have been talking about survival rates along those lines since 2020.

I'm asking about a very specific claim - that people have developed sterilising immunity to Covid, and I've had an elevated opinion piece and an old BBC article back in response.

It's rather odd that there's so much outrage over people "jabbing themselves up". Often from the same group of people who wailed about personal choice back in 2020, over masks.

If the personal choice to flout the law in 2020 was valid and should be venerated because people are Awake Enlightened Wolves or whatever the fuck, then on what grounds does anyone protest what someone else chooses to put in their own bodies? Can't you do as you all advised in 2020, and mind your own business and let people live as they choose?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 12 weeks ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 22/02/24 13:59:48]

By *ill69888Couple 12 weeks ago

cheltenham

"Looking in to it..

Unless you are immunocompromised or very elderly, I really do not see why people want to keep jabbing themselves up? Have a look at the symptoms, they are almost identical to the common cold now.

I'm asking about a very specific claim - that people have developed sterilising immunity to Covid, and I've had an elevated opinion piece and an old BBC article back in response.

It's rather odd that there's so much outrage over people "jabbing themselves up". Often from the same group of people who wailed about personal choice back in 2020, over masks.

If the personal choice to flout the law in 2020 was valid and should be venerated because people are Awake Enlightened Wolves or whatever the fuck, then on what grounds does anyone protest what someone else chooses to put in their own bodies? Can't you do as you all advised in 2020, and mind your own business and let people live as they choose?

"

I am not protesting against anything. I just don’t understand why anyone other than the 2 groups I have mentioned, would want to have a ‘vaccine’ that neither stops them from getting covid nor does it stop them from transmitting covid especially when covid is pretty much a common cold for the vast majority of people.

Each to their own and all that but I personally do not feel that I need it. I haven’t had a day off work since 2019 and zero Covid symptoms in that time.

Maybe I’m just lucky….

Manchester (she/her)

"Looking in to it..

I am not protesting against anything. I just don’t understand why anyone other than the 2 groups I have mentioned, would want to have a ‘vaccine’ that neither stops them from getting covid nor does it stop them from transmitting covid especially when covid is pretty much a common cold for the vast majority of people.

Each to their own and all that but I personally do not feel that I need it. I haven’t had a day off work since 2019 and zero Covid symptoms in that time.

Maybe I’m just lucky…."

I don't understand all sorts of things. Like why you'd reply to a question asking for scientific papers with tropes and your lack of understanding, rather than links to scientific papers.

"Looking in to it..

Maybe I’m just lucky…."

Correct.

By *hastityPleasureGiverMan 11 weeks ago

Rotherham

I can stil get both a COVID and flu jab through work for free and as far as I am aware so can at risk people.

I assume the reason the booster isn't commonly available these days is COVID has fallen out of top ten cause of death resulting in 241 deaths a week which is less than 2% recorded deaths

» Add a new message to this topic