FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Bleeding whilst on menopause

Bleeding whilst on menopause

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inky duo 100 OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

Lancaster

Hi everyone just wondering if any ladies have had bleeding episodes on hrt. I'm at the doctor's this afternoon because I've been bleeding for around 3 weeks without any break,was hoping it would just stop but I've finally bit the bullet and made the appointment but now really dreading what they will say and worried about the c word . Has anyone else had experience of this please .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arley QuimWoman 11 weeks ago

Somewhere

My periods stopped completely for about 4mths. After a spell of normal ones, and previously to that pretty much 3wks on 1wk off. The body is a strange thing! Hope your appointment goes well

By *icecouple561Couple 11 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wasn't on HRT but I had two incidents of bleeding after menopause one after around thirteen months and then again a few months later

It turned out that it was my reproductive organs having one last party.

It might be the HRT I had a couple of incidences of unexpected bleeding whil using the mirena coil but as you're wisely doing it's best to get checked out.

Best wishes for your appointment. Hope it's all fine

By *mmaleiaWoman 11 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Yes, are you on sequi or conti patches? Sequi make you bleed, conti you shouldn’t bleed after 6 months of being on it. I had to go for a Hysteroscopy, and they will probably suggest the same, but give your hrt time if it’s been less than 6 months

By *melie LALWoman 11 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Hi everyone just wondering if any ladies have had bleeding episodes on hrt. I'm at the doctor's this afternoon because I've been bleeding for around 3 weeks without any break,was hoping it would just stop but I've finally bit the bullet and made the appointment but now really dreading what they will say and worried about the c word . Has anyone else had experience of this please ."

Yes. Was on oestrogen. Helped a little with menopausal symptoms. Increased dose and bled. Ended up coming off of the hrt.

You're wise going to GP.

By *urvytreatWoman 11 weeks ago

somewhere nice

I had gone 10 months without a period. I then started hrt patches and I bleed for 3 weeks, off for 3 days then back on for another 3 months. Went to the gp and it was caused by the patches. I stopped them and haven’t had a period since (around 16 months)

By *inky duo 100 OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

Lancaster

I'm so tempted to stop but the NHS seems to want you to stay on hrt and feel like I should trust them because they have experience where as I don't , they have upped my hrt and changed it slightly so hopefully this works .. thanks everyone for your replies .

By *assy LassieWoman 11 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"I had gone 10 months without a period. I then started hrt patches and I bleed for 3 weeks, off for 3 days then back on for another 3 months. Went to the gp and it was caused by the patches. I stopped them and haven’t had a period since (around 16 months)"

Similar. Nothing for about 3yrs but meno symptoms were overwhelming. Tried hrt but would rather have meno symptoms than back to bleeding so came off it and now using vitamins to help

By *ensible lady 1960Woman 11 weeks ago

Near Bishop Auckland.

i had a bleed about two years ago after a meet. It was scary and it was just that one time.hope all goes well for you.

By *abyGirlChelWoman 11 weeks ago

Rotherham

I regularly bleed for between 10 and 21 ish days. Docs say its normal. Darent come off HRT cos I was suicidal before I went on it. Can't bloody win!

By *alandNitaCouple 11 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

The first HRT I tried made me bleed for 3 months. GP was concerned it was something more serious but all tested negative.

I'm now on a dual hornone HRT and have a small bleed monthly.

It's most likely nothing to worry about but best to get it checked out and ask about alternative HRT options.

Nita

By *alandNitaCouple 11 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"I regularly bleed for between 10 and 21 ish days. Docs say its normal. Darent come off HRT cos I was suicidal before I went on it. Can't bloody win! "

I wouldn't say this is normal. I woukd ask about trying different HRT.

Nita

By *ojo2joWoman 11 weeks ago

Penclawdd

I use estradiol and bleeding is completely unpredictable in duration and amount. My boobs hurt like hell at times too

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

From what i remember i bled whenever they changed what HRT i took. Just for a while, then it stopped completely.

By *exbecs12Woman 10 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

Hope you get it sorted out op.

I stopped at 49.Had a few light periods. Now nothing.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman 7 weeks ago

Hampshire

I've been on HRT for 5 years now. I had the tablets to start with. After a year my hot flushes came back so they increased the dose. I then started bleeding. I was sent for a hysteroscopy. They recommended that I change my HRT. I have now been using the patches for around 18 months and I constantly feel like I'm due my period! Getting old sucks big time but as a woman it's far worse!

By *erriman69Couple 7 weeks ago

highworth

I've bled for the last 4 weeks after 4 months without a period. Doc gave me transexamic acid which has stopped the bleeding in a day.

Always worth getting it checked out. But at the end of the day Docs don't know what's normal because there is no normal.

Hope you're OK soon.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 7 weeks ago

Next Door

If unexpected bled after a yr of no periods then get checked and get referred for for a scan in the 2st instance. Also ask the gp to for blood test so you can get you estrogen, testosterone etc checked.

I found out in Jan that I wasn't absorbing the gel and my levels were very very low.

And yes I had an unexpected bled last year.

Now hrt has been changed to the spray and my hormone levels have improved massively. Blood still being done quite often for the time being.

By *heer Indulgence PartiesWoman 7 weeks ago

Leicestershire

"Hi everyone just wondering if any ladies have had bleeding episodes on hrt. I'm at the doctor's this afternoon because I've been bleeding for around 3 weeks without any break,was hoping it would just stop but I've finally bit the bullet and made the appointment but now really dreading what they will say and worried about the c word . Has anyone else had experience of this please ."

Yes … in peri meno on sequential HRT .. went onto continuous with a change in progesterone after scans , hysteroscopy and biopsy .. all good … no more unpredictable bleeding / spotting … the checks / tests are daunting but get them done quick smart and you know where you are x.

By *reat me rightWoman 7 weeks ago

Rotherham

I haven't had a period in 4 years. Had spotting on Sunday and mentioned it to Dr on Monday. He booked me in for bloods and a smear yesterday. Smear didn't end up happening (long story involving complaint going in) but nurse practitioner told me this morning my bloods were all fine. Now just waiting on an ultrasound. And I'm not on HRT and never have been

By *exycarlashane181Couple 7 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

I was on HRT tablets for 12 months and bled lightly but bit regularly but since changed to a patch no bleeding at all

By *omCoyoteMan 7 weeks ago

Northern England

I don't wish to sound patronising - but above are just some of the reasons I'm so glad that I'm a bloke.

Hugs to every single one of you. X

By *nforagoodtimeCouple 7 weeks ago

Weymouth

Hi my wife started bleeding when she was on Hrt. They upped it and it seems like it has worked now .

By *oeydoesntsharefoodWoman 7 weeks ago

somewhere ... ask

"I don't wish to sound patronising - but above are just some of the reasons I'm so glad that I'm a bloke.

Hugs to every single one of you. X"

Well thanks for pointing the obvious

And we don't need hugs ... we need holidays, chocolate... a sacrificial man..I mean lamb sorry haha

And wine. And for every time waster to get infected smeg on his cock

Thank you and goodnight. Ha.

By *aked2sumCouple 7 weeks ago

on the coast

Bare with it if you've only just started them it can take 6 months for it to settle down, if it doesn't after that you could try a different one. Good luck xx

By *dysseusukMan 7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

My ex partner had 9 weeks of heavy bleeding after 6 months without a period whilst going through menopause. Turned out she had a thickening of the womb lining which was causing the bleeding, as well as a benign cyst, no cancer thankfully. Eventually the bleeding stopped, but worrying and uncomfortable at the time. Always good to get it checked out.

By *uliette500Woman 7 weeks ago

Hull

"I haven't had a period in 4 years. Had spotting on Sunday and mentioned it to Dr on Monday. He booked me in for bloods and a smear yesterday. Smear didn't end up happening (long story involving complaint going in) but nurse practitioner told me this morning my bloods were all fine. Now just waiting on an ultrasound. And I'm not on HRT and never have been"

Smears are for screening not for diagnosis and if you get a smear when you are not due for one the lab will not test it.

By *ucianpoundCouple 7 weeks ago

Cap d’Agde, France

My partner had a bleed 15 years after menopause and on HRT.

Living in France we immediately went to hospital where she was checked and 2 weeks later a full scrape under anaesthetic.

All negative fortunately, she had already told her Gyno. that we swing so gets annual smear tests and check ups etc.

» Add a new message to this topic