FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > evidence links ultra-processed foods with a range of health risks

evidence links ultra-processed foods with a range of health risks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Two large European studies published by The BMJ today find positive associations between consumption of highly processed (“ultra-processed”) foods and risk of cardiovascular disease and death."

More likely than the "jib jab", "convid vaccine" and whatever other derogatory labels anti-vaxers want to use.

The research title is this thread's heading.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ty31Man 10 weeks ago

NW London

And in other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

By *host63Man 10 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

You don't need a think tank to know too much processed food is bad for you

By *lym4realCouple 10 weeks ago

plymouth

Watched a programme about this good on the BBC ages ago where the presenter had to eat it and it actually messed with his brain and he showed all the same symptons as a drug addict ?? and then we let our children eat it ??? and a fair few pesky "Experts" don't even want it classed as "Food" as it isn't as most of it is created in a Lab with the speicific target of us eating more and more of it and in bigger portions ?? but the Food industry controls the Government so ....

By *atnip make me purrWoman 10 weeks ago

Reading

I was reading that cancer is virtually unknown in the Amish community although they have no problem with accessing modern medicine.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

" Watched a programme about this good on the BBC ages ago where the presenter had to eat it and it actually messed with his brain and he showed all the same symptons as a drug addict ?? and then we let our children eat it ??? and a fair few pesky "Experts" don't even want it classed as "Food" as it isn't as most of it is created in a Lab with the speicific target of us eating more and more of it and in bigger portions ?? but the Food industry controls the Government so .... "

This government is totally under the thumb of the food industry

Peterborough

" Watched a programme about this good on the BBC ages ago where the presenter had to eat it and it actually messed with his brain and he showed all the same symptons as a drug addict ?? and then we let our children eat it ??? and a fair few pesky "Experts" don't even want it classed as "Food" as it isn't as most of it is created in a Lab with the speicific target of us eating more and more of it and in bigger portions ?? but the Food industry controls the Government so .... "

Dr Xander whatshisface

Peterborough

"I was reading that cancer is virtually unknown in the Amish community although they have no problem with accessing modern medicine."

Morning live mentioned something about we should be eating what our grandmothers had in their larders.

Peterborough

" Watched a programme about this good on the BBC ages ago where the presenter had to eat it and it actually messed with his brain and he showed all the same symptons as a drug addict ?? and then we let our children eat it ??? and a fair few pesky "Experts" don't even want it classed as "Food" as it isn't as most of it is created in a Lab with the speicific target of us eating more and more of it and in bigger portions ?? but the Food industry controls the Government so ....

This government is totally under the thumb of the food industry "

We all know the govt is under the thumb of lobbyists and sponsors. Working for us my arse, we're just minions.

By *lym4realCouple 10 weeks ago

plymouth

Just like years ago when the cottage guy hugh was doing a thing about sugar and turned up at the Conservative conference in Manchester and it was sponsored by/paid for by ?? Tate and Lyle ? and afew short years later where the EU banned a pesticide linked to Bee's dying off ( very very very very bad according to the experts) and it's now allowed here as mostly used on the sugar beet crop used by the Uk's sugar producers who are ....and all about joining up the real dots and seeing the slightly bigger picture and seeing it costs us billions a year or rather the NHS billions a year which costs us ??

By *eus321Man 10 weeks ago

Wirral

If a disease is truly deadly it isn’t effective and doesn’t spread as much because the hosts die and can’t spread it.

Considering the entire world caught covid and the statistics are obviously skewed because every Covid related death can’t be attributed directly to Covid, it isn’t as deadly as suggested. Ebola is deadly which is why the entire world didn’t catch it. The term “anti vaxxers” is just a patronising way to insult anybody’s intelligence for not taking the vaccine and branding them a dumb conspiracy theorist, and a way for the person using the term to feel intellectually superior.

The onus is on yourself to eat healthy, have a healthy heart and cardiovascular system including arterial health, and develop a strong immune system. Isolating everybody, offering discounts on takeaways, and banning gyms was completely counter intuitive to all of that.

I didn’t take the vaccine because I used my own critical thinking as soon as the statistics on deaths started coming out and I’m alive and well.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 10 weeks ago

Reading

"If a disease is truly deadly it isn’t effective and doesn’t spread as much because the hosts die and can’t spread it.

Considering the entire world caught covid and the statistics are obviously skewed because every Covid related death can’t be attributed directly to Covid, it isn’t as deadly as suggested. Ebola is deadly which is why the entire world didn’t catch it. The term “anti vaxxers” is just a patronising way to insult anybody’s intelligence for not taking the vaccine and branding them a dumb conspiracy theorist, and a way for the person using the term to feel intellectually superior.

The onus is on yourself to eat healthy, have a healthy heart and cardiovascular system including arterial health, and develop a strong immune system. Isolating everybody, offering discounts on takeaways, and banning gyms was completely counter intuitive to all of that.

I didn’t take the vaccine because I used my own critical thinking as soon as the statistics on deaths started coming out and I’m alive and well. "

Why bother bringing Covid and Vaccines into a thread that is related to food intake?

By *ldgeezermeMan 10 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"If a disease is truly deadly it isn’t effective and doesn’t spread as much because the hosts die and can’t spread it.

I didn’t take the vaccine because I used my own critical thinking as soon as the statistics on deaths started coming out and I’m alive and well. "

If only everyone had the same level of critical thinking and was intelligent as you

Newcastle, Throckley

" Watched a programme about this good on the BBC ages ago where the presenter had to eat it and it actually messed with his brain and he showed all the same symptons as a drug addict ?? and then we let our children eat it ??? and a fair few pesky "Experts" don't even want it classed as "Food" as it isn't as most of it is created in a Lab with the speicific target of us eating more and more of it and in bigger portions ?? but the Food industry controls the Government so ....

Dr Xander whatshisface "

Him and his brother regularly do health programmes on Radio 4, there currently doing one on exercise

By *uffnmuffCouple 10 weeks ago

London

"You don't need a think tank to know too much processed food is bad for you"
Exactly

Peterborough

FYI I do not term everybody who has chosen not to have the vaccine and anti-vaxer. I advocate making an informed decision for oneself, whichever side that falls on.

For me, anti-vaxer is a label for anyone who derides the vaccine and people who take it.

Another FYI is that the danger lay in the fact it was a novel virus not it's fatality rate which was fairly quickly established.

By *orny PTMan 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I was reading that cancer is virtually unknown in the Amish community although they have no problem with accessing modern medicine."

So they don't smoke?

By *orny PTMan 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

E numbers (Not all of them)

Excessive fat, salt sugar, msg, added fibre artificial sweeteners, emulsifying agents. These are all at some point labelled as bad guy/good guys, depending on which scientist's report is currently doing the rounds on either one of Jeremy Vine's platforms.

One man's health food, is another man's food product to be avoided.

By *obleroneToShareMan 10 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

I didn’t take the vaccine because I used my own critical thinking as soon as the statistics on deaths started coming out and I’m alive and well.

Why bother bringing Covid and Vaccines into a thread that is related to food intake? "

Because the OP mentioned it in her first post!

By *rofessor ElementalMan 10 weeks ago

Durham

I recently read Ultra Processed People. This book is a thought-provoking exploration of the detrimental effects of modern processed foods on our health and well-being, urging readers to reconsider their dietary choices and prioritise whole, natural foods for a healthier lifestyle. I’ll definitely recommend it as a read and check out the research paper.

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 10 weeks ago

leeds

The problem is nearly everything is processed, weve tried to eliminate processed foods and its bloodt hard work but the more we do the better little to no sugar othwr than honey if we can and mainly single food ingredients. a lot of labels are misleading which is intresting when u start to pay attention, greek style yog, elmea double. Thats a cream replacement lol list goes on

By *quirrel!Man 10 weeks ago

L

Love this OP - thanks for the info.

I just read Hyper Processed People!

By *quirrel!Man 10 weeks ago

L

"Love this OP - thanks for the info.

I just read Hyper Processed People! "

Ultra

By *inkywife1981Couple 10 weeks ago

A town near you

Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food

leeds

"Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food "
fresh food and probably lard and dripping

"Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food fresh food and probably lard and dripping "

And full cream dairy products.

By *eronicaExplorerWoman 10 weeks ago

London

Thank you for sharing it

By *layfullsamMan 10 weeks ago

Solihull

Listened to a radio phone in on this today and a lady ex the industry was very interesting

Saying how the food companies have big departments with the whole purpose of getting people to spend more and eat more and basically couldn’t give a rats arse about nutrition and health.

She explained some of the dirty practices one simple one was a less fat label (but less fat than what, a ball of fat) ?!

She was pushing for simple labelling of food like traffic lights green/amber/red overall not hidden away in small writing that people don’t understand

To be fair I think some of us are partly to blame for it because we often pick easy quick microwave meals rather than cook from fresh like a lot of our parents and certainly grand parents did.

I helped out on a school trip years ago and omg some of the packed lunches were horrific

One child had a 6 pack of crisps, multi pack of chocolate and fizzy drinks

Parent said he gets hungry

By *rAndMrsRightCouple 10 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Didn't a most of those crazy anti vaxers say from the very start that eating ultra processed foods and being morbidly obese increases your chance of dying with covid or the shot?

Didn't they get shut down for body shaming and being "classist" by the holier than holy brigade?

By *hynot2399Couple 10 weeks ago

Sligo

Chris Van Tullekan, Ultra-Processed People.

It's an excellent book!

"Didn't a most of those crazy anti vaxers say from the very start that eating ultra processed foods and being morbidly obese increases your chance of dying with covid or the shot?

Didn't they get shut down for body shaming and being "classist" by the holier than holy brigade?

"

Shut down by the same lot who protest against FGM but support teenage girls having 'top surgery' aka subcutaneous mastectomy.

By *orset.JMan 10 weeks ago

Weymouth

The problem with Covid is that even asymptomatic infections can cause deleterious changes to your blood vessels- you won’t even realise it is happening.

The problem with Covid is that even asymptomatic infections can cause deleterious changes to your blood vessels- you won’t even realise it is happening. "

'can cause' or 'will cause'?

By *irldnCouple 10 weeks ago

Brighton

Our grandparents went to the local shops (greengrocers, fishmongers, butcher, baker) every couple of days to buy what they needed.

The root problem is supermarkets. They changed people’s shopping/buying habits and required food producers/manufacturers to provide product with longer shelf life to maximise profits.

As shopping/buying habits have changed it is increasingly more difficult to shop the way our grandparents did.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 10 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Keeps the plebs happy and dangle a pension in front of them to aim for. All the while adjusting food so they get enough to work into old age but die before they become a burden.

By *irldnCouple 10 weeks ago

Brighton

"Keeps the plebs happy and dangle a pension in front of them to aim for. All the while adjusting food so they get enough to work into old age but die before they become a burden."

That is highly dystopian! I suspect this is less a global elite conspiracy and more an uncoordinated purely profit driven motivation.

By *orset.JMan 10 weeks ago

Weymouth

The problem with Covid is that even asymptomatic infections can cause deleterious changes to your blood vessels- you won’t even realise it is happening.

"

Will cause change- often mild but this issue is that these changes can be very significant over time

By *ackformore100Man 10 weeks ago

Tin town

I wonder what is making over a billion people obese? Whatever todays definition of obese is.

Grow more, sell more, eat more.. Genetically modified or else we will all starve to death... Well that didn't age well.

Still they got the generic modified tech they wanted.

By *andyrod1Man 10 weeks ago

St Margaret's at Cliffe

"Keeps the plebs happy and dangle a pension in front of them to aim for. All the while adjusting food so they get enough to work into old age but die before they become a burden."

The trouble is that the pension is dangling further and further away, if the big corporations and their fully bought politicians have their way, most of us will die from eating shit food before we can get our grubby peasant hands on it!

Reading

A quick request, if you've got a wonderful conspiracy theory then keep it to the forum rather than sending us a DM. Ta muchly.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

Don't they hide all their deaths??

We have jumped on this bandwagon over the last year.

Basically we buy food with the fewist ingredients where possible.

Eating all the meats, all the butter all the veg.

By *ake_holeMan 10 weeks ago

London

I have a friend who works with these kinds of data who said the following:

It's not the fact that they're ultra processed which is the issue, it's the added sugar, salt and saturated fats that are added to them which tip the recommended balance than supplied by other foods. For instance, quorn is highly processed and that's very safe

By *cott1962Man 10 weeks ago

Dumfriesshire

Starvation kills

By *riel13Woman 10 weeks ago

Northampton

Read, Ultra Processed People by Chris van Tulleken... Mental!

We knew that for a long time.....no offense to op....Eat Natural Food.....(a tune).....

Anyway ya can't go wrong with fresh fruit & veg..... especially the greens.... & nuts & seeds ooooooohhhh & Bananas are full of potassium...

liver recovery Potassium

I know I studied anatomy & biology.

Peterborough

"I have a friend who works with these kinds of data who said the following:

It's not the fact that they're ultra processed which is the issue, it's the added sugar, salt and saturated fats that are added to them which tip the recommended balance than supplied by other foods. For instance, quorn is highly processed and that's very safe "

You're wrong to discount upf.

Peterborough

"We knew that for a long time.....no offense to op....Eat Natural Food.....(a tune).....

Anyway ya can't go wrong with fresh fruit & veg..... especially the greens.... & nuts & seeds ooooooohhhh & Bananas are full of potassium...

liver recovery Potassium

I know I studied anatomy & biology. "

It's not news to me either. My dissertation was on obesity - types and causes was part of it.

By *lossomTreeWoman 10 weeks ago

Ipswich

"The problem is nearly everything is processed, weve tried to eliminate processed foods and its bloodt hard work but the more we do the better little to no sugar othwr than honey if we can and mainly single food ingredients. a lot of labels are misleading which is intresting when u start to pay attention, greek style yog, elmea double. Thats a cream replacement lol list goes on "

Processed food isn't necessarily an issue - humans have been processing foods for hundreds of years cheese counts as processed- its ultra processed foods that are the problem.

Added molecules and ingredients you wouldn't find in a domestic kitchen.

The body gets a sweet cue and prepares to deal with sugar- but gets a sweetner instead. Interferes with the bodies natural abilities that have evolved over such a long time.

I've recently switched to butter over a vegan margarine and taking steps to reduce the number of UPF's that I eat.

I haven't read Dr Xand's book but I'm already turning away from wanting UPF'S after other research.

I'll never be UPF free but I'm certainly cutting back quite a bit.

By *moothCriminal_xMan 10 weeks ago

Redditch

You were doing well until showed survivor bias and didnt seem to realise we took the vaccine.for others not really ourselves if we were under about 60

You were doing well until showed survivor bias and didnt seem to realise we took the vaccine.for others not really ourselves if we were under about 60"

You took the vaccine for others?

By *moothCriminal_xMan 10 weeks ago

Redditch

You were doing well until showed survivor bias and didnt seem to realise we took the vaccine.for others not really ourselves if we were under about 60

You took the vaccine for others?"

Of course. Covid was unlikely to harm me statistically but the idea was by taking the vaccine en masse we would slow down the spread and allow the nhs to cope better with those who did suffer. Also meant i had less chance of passing it on as it made it less likely it would provoke symtoms.

By *CBoyTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Penygraig

Surely this has been common knowledge for years. Still doesn't stop people buying the stuff and feeding to their already fat kids.

You took the vaccine for others?

Of course. Covid was unlikely to harm me statistically but the idea was by taking the vaccine en masse we would slow down the spread and allow the nhs to cope better with those who did suffer. Also meant i had less chance of passing it on as it made it less likely it would provoke symtoms."

The NHS never copes though does it.

Did you have a flu jab every year prior to and since the 'COVID-19 pandemic'?

How did countries that didn't have mass COVID-19 vaccinations survive?

By *oxesMan 10 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

By *inkyropecoupleCouple 10 weeks ago

carluke

Genuine question.

There’s a push towards a plant based diet, but is there a cross over there into ultra processed foods - surely to get a load of veggies to look and taste like a meat based product has to involve ultra processing them?

"Genuine question.

There’s a push towards a plant based diet, but is there a cross over there into ultra processed foods - surely to get a load of veggies to look and taste like a meat based product has to involve ultra processing them?"

Very good point, so they stick it in 'eco-friendly' packaging with a label saying suitable for vegetarians to pretend it's healthy.

Vegetarian/vegan mozzarella is a classic example. The $hit that goes into that is shocking.

By *usie pTV/TS 10 weeks ago

taunton

There is one major hazard to healthy eating, when you are in the supermarket trying to read the confusing info on the packets, you are most likely to get knocked over and trampled on by irate housewives on the weekly shop

Tin town

Convenience and marketing v health

Reading

For various reasons we've not used packet or jar sauces for about 10 years. Everything I make is from scratch & I know exactly what has gone into it. The health issues one of us had prior have disappeared.

Tin town

"For various reasons we've not used packet or jar sauces for about 10 years. Everything I make is from scratch & I know exactly what has gone into it. The health issues one of us had prior have disappeared. "

Was that easy enough to do or did it time time to develop that healthy habit?

Reading

"For various reasons we've not used packet or jar sauces for about 10 years. Everything I make is from scratch & I know exactly what has gone into it. The health issues one of us had prior have disappeared.

Was that easy enough to do or did it time time to develop that healthy habit? "

Did it overnight, results were almost immediate. Slightly more costly and a bit time consuming, but batch cooking helps.

Newcastle, Throckley

There was a programme on Radio 4 explaining how indirectly the Vietnam war contributed to obesity

In summary, Richard Nixon had two problems to solve, the war and food prices

So he introduced mega farms which ended up with too much corn for the market, do it ended up as corn syrup in everything

Can catch it on on sounds, The Political Butterfly Effect

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012s7z?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

By *layfullsamMan 10 weeks ago

Solihull

Playing devils advocate could it be partly are own fault for not researching food ingredients and for making the wrong choices ourselves

Appreciate sometimes the over processed food is convenient but I did some home healthy cooking recently in batches and it wasn’t that much more £

Sure it takes time but I put on the music, had a sing and boogie and quite enjoyed it

Tin town

"Playing devils advocate could it be partly are own fault for not researching food ingredients and for making the wrong choices ourselves

Appreciate sometimes the over processed food is convenient but I did some home healthy cooking recently in batches and it wasn’t that much more £

Sure it takes time but I put on the music, had a sing and boogie and quite enjoyed it

"

100 per cent agree. We buy and put all this shit in our mouths and our children's. If we stopped buying it they would stop selling it soon enough

"Genuine question.

There’s a push towards a plant based diet, but is there a cross over there into ultra processed foods - surely to get a load of veggies to look and taste like a meat based product has to involve ultra processing them?"

Yes, genuine problem.

"For various reasons we've not used packet or jar sauces for about 10 years. Everything I make is from scratch & I know exactly what has gone into it. The health issues one of us had prior have disappeared. "

Love this.

leeds

Would love to have the time to be able to just eat what we can grow but we all know that cant happen with todays living costs but can only try our best

"Playing devils advocate could it be partly are own fault for not researching food ingredients and for making the wrong choices ourselves

"

I dont think the onus should be on the consumer to understand the multiple names for different types of sugar (sucralose can do one) the multiple chemicals put into their products and the long term health implications. Yes we can always make better decisions and im all for personal responsibility but its unfair to expect a everyday consumer to behave like an industry expert

We have health ministers and food standards.

The problem as ever is companies lobbying governments and getting data manipulated to enhance the image of whatever they're selling.

Also we have a huge problem that we're not allowed to talk about obesity as if it isn't a huge indicator for decline in health.

Day one of Covid it should have been said we know nothing about this virus but we know maintaining a healthy weight and keeping active has an overwhelmingly positive effect on the immine system. But we can't because it would be labeled fat phobic, ablebist and would affect people's mental health.

We need a change is laws regarding what can be put into our food and a change in culture where we pretend obesity isn't an issue to be dealt with.

leeds

Well said

By *ackformore100Man 9 weeks ago

Tin town

I dont think the onus should be on the consumer to understand the multiple names for different types of sugar (sucralose can do one) the multiple chemicals put into their products and the long term health implications. Yes we can always make better decisions and im all for personal responsibility but its unfair to expect a everyday consumer to behave like an industry expert

The problem as ever is companies lobbying governments and getting data manipulated to enhance the image of whatever they're selling.

Also we have a huge problem that we're not allowed to talk about obesity as if it isn't a huge indicator for decline in health.

Day one of Covid it should have been said we know nothing about this virus but we know maintaining a healthy weight and keeping active has an overwhelmingly positive effect on the immine system. But we can't because it would be labeled fat phobic, ablebist and would affect people's mental health.

We need a change is laws regarding what can be put into our food and a change in culture where we pretend obesity isn't an issue to be dealt with.

"

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

The best analagy that I heard is that the food companies are like drug dealers. They cut pure food with chemicals to make it more profitable. They also want their products to be as addictive as possible. They don't care that some of their customers will die as long as the profits keep coming in.

Tin town

Take good food.. Chop it with loads of chemicals and additives and artificial flavours.. Remove all it's fibre so you don't have to process it... Sell it for buttons.. Why are people surprised it's bad for them?

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

Eat clean

Peterborough

"Eat clean"

IE food close as possible to their natural state.

The main reason to take on clean eating is the health benefits of consuming foods rich in nutrient content directly from the earth that have not been overly processed. Most Americans eat a diet rich in heavily processed foods which have been made from synthetic ingredients, and packed with fat, sugar, sodium, chemicals, preservatives, food dyes and other additives your body doesn’t quite know what to do with. These additional items may be detrimental to your overall health and well-being.

Clean eating nourishes your body with healthy and nutrient-dense foods. Clean foods fill your body with plentiful vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and healthy fats, which improve heart and brain health, assist with weight management, build a stronger immune system and increase energy levels, among other benefits. Foods in their natural state are more flavorful.

Mayoclinic

By *obleroneToShareMan 9 weeks ago

"Eat clean

The main reason to take on clean eating is the health benefits of consuming foods rich in nutrient content directly from the earth that have not been overly processed. Most Americans eat a diet rich in heavily processed foods which have been made from synthetic ingredients, and packed with fat, sugar, sodium, chemicals, preservatives, food dyes and other additives your body doesn’t quite know what to do with. These additional items may be detrimental to your overall health and well-being.

Clean eating nourishes your body with healthy and nutrient-dense foods. Clean foods fill your body with plentiful vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and healthy fats, which improve heart and brain health, assist with weight management, build a stronger immune system and increase energy levels, among other benefits. Foods in their natural state are more flavorful.

Mayoclinic"

They forgot to mention portion sizes...

By *andyfloss2000Woman 9 weeks ago

ashford

Almost everything we eat is bad for us! I just eat what I like and b happy! X

By *enSiskoMan 9 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I mainly cook from scratch, hardly ever processed.

I saw a documentary concerning billion dollar deals and how they changed the world, concerning the stock market, data brokers and corn oil which has become a billion dollar business as they add it to most processed food now MaccyDs also other fast food outlets has it in all of its products and it is blamed for obesity in the USA due to its high fat content not sure how it is classed here though?

By *an_spMan 9 weeks ago

Coventry

Just a point of view of nutritional research:

The process doesn’t make the food bad. If you buy apple slices, that’s basically food that’s being processed. It’s nutrients it provides as well as the amount of sugar, sat fat and sodium it contains that can basically make a food “unhealthy”.

Ultra processed foods are not inherently bad either. I can think of the most processed food ever: Creatine Monohydrate. It can’t get more processed that. But the literature shows that creatine has shown great benefits for muscle gain and overall performance when you exercise.

"I mainly cook from scratch, hardly ever processed.

I saw a documentary concerning billion dollar deals and how they changed the world, concerning the stock market, data brokers and corn oil which has become a billion dollar business as they add it to most processed food now MaccyDs also other fast food outlets has it in all of its products and it is blamed for obesity in the USA due to its high fat content not sure how it is classed here though?"

Follow the money.

Ensuring we consume chemically refined, bleached, and deodorized oils is indeed a £billion industry.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 9 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

I think we’re having plenty of conversations about obesity and how it affects and reflects the health of the population. The problem comes when people make judgements about why people are obese and what they can do about it. The vast majority of people who are obese are not happy about the situation, but telling them it’s their own fault and they just need to eat less and exercise more, is not going to help.

The problem is not talking about obesity, it’s how we talk about obesity.

By *londebiguyMan 9 weeks ago

Southport

"You don't need a think tank to know too much processed food is bad for you"

Many people now eat very little fresh good and do not prep or cook for themselves.

It's very likely they do not consider any of the risks from processing and additives at all.

The sheer size of people now and the

evidence on here that obesity is somehow o be celebrated is another indication that many do not worry about health implications from poor food choice.

Southport

"Almost everything we eat is bad for us! I just eat what I like and b happy! X"

And this is the issue with many people.

Will you be happy even the food choices prematurely bring on or exacerbate health issues?

In other news. Every sixty seconds in Africa, a minute passes.

Southport

"In other news. Every sixty seconds in Africa, a minute passes."

Intelligent point snd a great insight into this topic

Thankyou.

"

I think we’re having plenty of conversations about obesity and how it affects and reflects the health of the population. The problem comes when people make judgements about why people are obese and what they can do about it. The vast majority of people who are obese are not happy about the situation, but telling them it’s their own fault and they just need to eat less and exercise more, is not going to help.

The problem is not talking about obesity, it’s how we talk about obesity."

I dont think anyone should be told its their own fault unless they specifically ask for the opinion and it is in fact their fault. It's got nothing to do with other people regardless.

I agree that we don't handle it very well but I would say that train goes in both directions. A doctor should be able to directly tell you your weight is causing issues, the fact its upsetting should be irrelevant. The modern standpoint 'seems' to be that you can be fit at any weight which is a lie. The amount of of fatness influences who have died as a direct cause of their weight is astonishing.

The NHS is cutting off limbs at a rate never seen due to diabetes, it shouldn't be controversial to say keep a healthy weight and stay active.

The problem is not talking about obesity, it’s how we talk about obesity."

What? For the majority of obese people, it is entirely down to them to lose weight. Tiptoeing round the problem isn't going to help them. People need to be held accountable for their obesity.

Here's a few gems from Dr Now...

"The scale doesn’t lie, people lie"

"You don’t gain weight from thin air”

"COVID did not make you eat that.”

Are they mean and nasty? No, they are the truth!

"

What? For the majority of obese people, it is entirely down to them to lose weight. Tiptoeing round the problem isn't going to help them. People need to be held accountable for their obesity.

Are they mean and nasty? No, they are the truth!"

People need to be held accountable? To Whom?

Again all for personal responsibility but no one owns anything to anyone.

I dont drink but doesn't mean its justified me going around telling people to stop drinking.

People can be obese as they want, it's goy nothing to do with anyone else. I'm simply challenging the stigma around saying facts (without directing it towards anyone)

"In other news. Every sixty seconds in Africa, a minute passes.

Intelligent point snd a great insight into this topic

Thankyou."

You're welcome. I am something of a genius myself.

Southport

"

I dont drink but doesn't mean its justified me going around telling people to stop drinking.

People can be obese as they want, it's goy nothing to do with anyone else. I'm simply challenging the stigma around saying facts (without directing it towards anyone)"

People who are obese know that they are.

It is not a few pounds overweight or within reasonable parameters.

They know and many ignore and hide away from it, convincing themselves that it's ok.

But we all pay for it through taxes and the strain on the NHS.

It's an issue that can and does affect us all.

If your basis for being able to intervene on the lives of others is if it affects the tax payer then that is an awful precedent.

We either have the NHS or we don't, you don't get to get involved with people's lives because you disagree with their lifestyle.

We are all on a swinger site which therefore means it is likely we are more likely to catch an STD, do you think people should judge us based on the fact we get more aexual health checks

Cumbria

"

I dont think anyone should be told its their own fault unless they specifically ask for the opinion and it is in fact their fault. It's got nothing to do with other people regardless.

I agree that we don't handle it very well but I would say that train goes in both directions. A doctor should be able to directly tell you your weight is causing issues, the fact its upsetting should be irrelevant. The modern standpoint 'seems' to be that you can be fit at any weight which is a lie. The amount of of fatness influences who have died as a direct cause of their weight is astonishing.

The NHS is cutting off limbs at a rate never seen due to diabetes, it shouldn't be controversial to say keep a healthy weight and stay active."

Doctors tell people that their weight is the issue, or at least a contributing factor, all the time. Some are better at it than others, and this where you get stupid articles in the Mail saying that doctors are being told they aren’t allowed to tell people they are fat. What doctors are told us that there is a way to do it that works, and a way that doesn’t, and they are told how to do it the right way.

Cumbria

Are they mean and nasty? No, they are the truth!"

As i said, there are people whose brains cannot cope with complexity who need to believe everything is simple.

"

Doctors tell people that their weight is the issue, or at least a contributing factor, all the time. Some are better at it than others, and this where you get stupid articles in the Mail saying that doctors are being told they aren’t allowed to tell people they are fat. What doctors are told us that there is a way to do it that works, and a way that doesn’t, and they are told how to do it the right way."

Doctors are human, they do things poorly and well in equal measures. I'm not sure there is a right way. Personally I work better with blunt direct chat, flowery language would stop me paying any level of attention.

They are also suspectible to the same 'feeling' in how the culture has shifted to any form of conversation about weight is body shaming. I havent pointed out at any point that doctors are not allowed to say anything about weight.

Tin town

"

The NHS is cutting off limbs at a rate never seen due to diabetes, it shouldn't be controversial to say keep a healthy weight and stay active.

Doctors tell people that their weight is the issue, or at least a contributing factor, all the time. Some are better at it than others, and this where you get stupid articles in the Mail saying that doctors are being told they aren’t allowed to tell people they are fat. What doctors are told us that there is a way to do it that works, and a way that doesn’t, and they are told how to do it the right way."

I'm overweight. Have been for a few years. On the rare ocassion I've managed to see a GP, I haven't been weighed nor has he told me in any language I'm overweight. When I've mentioned it and asked for help they've not helped nor sign posted me. Now is it the drs fault im overweight..? Not at all. But Im not convinced it's being addressed in any way.

By *lossomTreeWoman 9 weeks ago

Ipswich

"Blossom Tree I'm very concerned for you, your weight isn't healthy and with your family history that makes you doubly suspectible to x & y"

Said no Dr to me ever... In my early thirties I was very near an obese BMI... I've turned things around by myself, almost 5 stone weight loss which has been done in a slow and sustainable way (apart from lockdown it's never gone back up), I'm still overweight BMI about another 2 stone and I'll be happy.

UPF's are my next area of improvement, I'm aiming to reduce the amount I eat, I've already noticed last few weeks the weight is dropping away again the more I focus on real food.

ashford

"

The NHS is cutting off limbs at a rate never seen due to diabetes, it shouldn't be controversial to say keep a healthy weight and stay active."

My diabetic nurse tells me straight! X

ashford

"Almost everything we eat is bad for us! I just eat what I like and b happy! X

And this is the issue with many people.

Will you be happy even the food choices prematurely bring on or exacerbate health issues?"

Yes I'm happy! I know it will shorten my life! But at mo I'm fit and healthy ish! X

Peterborough

"

People can be obese as they want, it's goy nothing to do with anyone else. I'm simply challenging the stigma around saying facts (without directing it towards anyone)

People who are obese know that they are.

It is not a few pounds overweight or within reasonable parameters.

They know and many ignore and hide away from it, convincing themselves that it's ok.

But we all pay for it through taxes and the strain on the NHS.

It's an issue that can and does affect us all.

"

Actually research tells us that men are good at judging obesity in women but not themselves. Women are better at judging obesity in themselves but at a category behind. Men tend to be two categories behind. Every body recognises obesity in the third category as obesity (IE without stating a category). At present there are three categories 30-35, 35-40, 40+

Peterborough

""Blossom Tree I'm very concerned for you, your weight isn't healthy and with your family history that makes you doubly suspectible to x & y"

Said no Dr to me ever... In my early thirties I was very near an obese BMI... I've turned things around by myself, almost 5 stone weight loss which has been done in a slow and sustainable way (apart from lockdown it's never gone back up), I'm still overweight BMI about another 2 stone and I'll be happy.

UPF's are my next area of improvement, I'm aiming to reduce the amount I eat, I've already noticed last few weeks the weight is dropping away again the more I focus on real food."

GPs should be following NICE guidelines and weighing people.

With a BMI of 30+ they could refer people to their choice of slimming world or weight watchers. However, the funding may have been pulled

""Blossom Tree I'm very concerned for you, your weight isn't healthy and with your family history that makes you doubly suspectible to x & y"

UPF's are my next area of improvement, I'm aiming to reduce the amount I eat, I've already noticed last few weeks the weight is dropping away again the more I focus on real food."

Smashed it!

By *rufflesCouple 9 weeks ago

manchester

"I was reading that cancer is virtually unknown in the Amish community although they have no problem with accessing modern medicine.

Morning live mentioned something about we should be eating what our grandmothers had in their larders."

And the average life expectancy of Grans generation??

"

And the average life expectancy of Grans generation?? "

Less.

With less advances in medicine.

But far far fewer deaths with weight related causes

Peterborough

"I was reading that cancer is virtually unknown in the Amish community although they have no problem with accessing modern medicine.

Morning live mentioned something about we should be eating what our grandmothers had in their larders.

Dunno but my nan lived to be in her 90s

By *riel13Woman 9 weeks ago

Northampton

My grandparents lasted way longer than my parents did and my great grandparents even longer than that...

By *lizabethhotCouple 9 weeks ago

Norton

""Two large European studies published by The BMJ today find positive associations between consumption of highly processed (“ultra-processed”) foods and risk of cardiovascular disease and death."

Just rest a spoke a day n it will keep the doctor away ..

More likely than the "jib jab", "convid vaccine" and whatever other derogatory labels anti-vaxers want to use.

The research title is this thread's heading."

Peterborough

My grandparents lasted way longer than my parents did and my great grandparents even longer than that... "

That is recognised. I looked at life expectancy and there's the calculations at birth dependent on year of birth, but there's also a later calculation that can exceed someone much younger...

Hey, nothing is simple

Tin town

My grandparents lasted way longer than my parents did and my great grandparents even longer than that... "

Yeah weird, never thought about it but 3 of my 4 grandparents lasted into their 90s and exceeded my parents by at least 10 years....

Maybe it's the mobile phones?

Peterborough

My grandparents lasted way longer than my parents did and my great grandparents even longer than that...

Yeah weird, never thought about it but 3 of my 4 grandparents lasted into their 90s and exceeded my parents by at least 10 years....

Maybe it's the mobile phones? "

Or microwaves

By *x cplCouple 9 weeks ago

North of Oxford

Modern society is poisoning itself. Several of the biggest ones are vegetable oils with the exception of cold pressed su flower oil...most vegetable oils are produced using chemicals and most of these are harmful and never fully removed.

Cleaning sprays and synthetic oil burners (the type plugged in to make the house smell nice) just read how toxic the ingredients are for cleaning and scent making. These are linked to asthma, heart diseases and cancers..

By *riel13Woman 9 weeks ago

Northampton

I don't use non stick pans either

Cumbria

It’s not possible to be ‘very near an obese BMI’ lose 5 stones, and still be overweight.

By *an_spMan 9 weeks ago

Coventry

Cell phones or microwaves don’t affect your health in any way. The only thing they can do is to warm the water in your body, but thankfully your body has a way to respond to this.

Non stick cookware products are safe too, as PFOA’s have been eliminated from products since 2015

Peterborough

"Cell phones or microwaves don’t affect your health in any way. The only thing they can do is to warm the water in your body, but thankfully your body has a way to respond to this.

Non stick cookware products are safe too, as PFOA’s have been eliminated from products since 2015 "

My post was tongue in cheek

Tin town

Or microwaves "

Electricity perhaps...? Or indoor toilets?

By *an_spMan 9 weeks ago

Coventry

"

My post was tongue in cheek"

I understand that. However, I think a lot of people here might take it seriously, as I’ve read quite a few things on this thread that the literature in nutritional research has shown that are basically myths years ago (i.e. seed oils are inflammatory)

By *lossomTreeWoman 9 weeks ago

Ipswich

UPF's are my next area of improvement, I'm aiming to reduce the amount I eat, I've already noticed last few weeks the weight is dropping away again the more I focus on real food.

It’s not possible to be ‘very near an obese BMI’ lose 5 stones, and still be overweight."

You are right, I missed out the word "morbidly" obese.

Tin town

It’s not possible to be ‘very near an obese BMI’ lose 5 stones, and still be overweight.

You are right, I missed out the word "morbidly" obese."

Girl done good. Keep up the excellent work

By *orny PTMan 8 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food fresh food and probably lard and dripping

And full cream dairy products."

Loads of spuds too.

Peterborough

"

Tell me more.

Peterborough

"Our grandparents went to the local shops (greengrocers, fishmongers, butcher, baker) every couple of days to buy what they needed.

The root problem is supermarkets. They changed people’s shopping/buying habits and required food producers/manufacturers to provide product with longer shelf life to maximise profits.

As shopping/buying habits have changed it is increasingly more difficult to shop the way our grandparents did. "

Frozen fruit and veg is better than tinned (added salts/sugar solution), as for fresh food v frozen. Fresh food is really great the moment it is picked, but the clock is ticking, as soon it is picked as it is normally kept at ambient or chilled temperatures. Frozen food should be hitting the freezers as soon as possible and enters the food processing/packing plants.

The colder food is, the longer the shelf life.

Ice, vacuum or inert gas packaging are really helpful and heathy methods. So on this occasion; physics beats chemistry in promoting a long shelf life without the risks that additives bring.

Someone needs to tell the FDA that washing eggs is a waste of money and time: as we can store eggs in this country at room temperature, both in the shops and at home.

Peterborough

"Keeps the plebs happy and dangle a pension in front of them to aim for. All the while adjusting food so they get enough to work into old age but die before they become a burden.

The trouble is that the pension is dangling further and further away, if the big corporations and their fully bought politicians have their way, most of us will die from eating shit food before we can get our grubby peasant hands on it!"

No wonder the French went out protesting.

Peterborough

"I have a friend who works with these kinds of data who said the following:

It's not the fact that they're ultra processed which is the issue, it's the added sugar, salt and saturated fats that are added to them which tip the recommended balance than supplied by other foods. For instance, quorn is highly processed and that's very safe "

and high-fructose corn syrup too

Peterborough

Or microwaves "

Fast food outlets are a proven link. When fast food places come to town, the health goes down. Home deliveries are adding to this.

Try getting a healthy hot meal from a burger bar. Ask any driver and see what they say. Salad in a bun, from a burger bar???

By *ackformore100Man 8 weeks ago

Tin town

"Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food "

I thought she put her long life down to not dying.

Peterborough

"Oldest woman in Ireland died today 108. She previously accredited her long age with only eating fresh food

I thought she put her long life down to not dying. "

That is pure Monty Python, that is.

Peterborough

"The best analagy that I heard is that the food companies are like drug dealers. They cut pure food with chemicals to make it more profitable. They also want their products to be as addictive as possible. They don't care that some of their customers will die as long as the profits keep coming in. "

short and sweet: just life their customers' life span.

By *ertcoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Hatfield

We have a friend Eddie Hall, bodybuilder and ownes his own gym. He is barred from supermarkets round here as he does youtube videos showing what's in food and how bad it is. He told us if it has more than four ingrediants don't buy it. Check his vids out

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 5 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Eddie Abbew is another

Stop eating this sugary shit !!!

He’s brilliant, think he’s also a gym owner and was the bodybuilder that flexed on stages

Definition of highly processed food is anything with more then 5 additives

Bread is a prime example, consisting of flour,yeast,water and salt

Have a look at the ingredients of the shit from supermarkets

Buy from local bakery

Mr

Bedfordshire

Eddie Abbew is another

He’s brilliant, think he’s also a gym owner and was the bodybuilder that flexed on stages

The irony is of course he was a steroid head,but he’s probably doing way more good to peoples lives then any damage done to his in the past so credit where it due

Buy from local bakery

Mr

By *itygamesMan 5 weeks ago

UK

i'm following Micheal Mosley, google him, i think he;s a scientist as opposed to a dietician.

He's on channel 4 on the TV, google that to.

its quite amazing what todays supermarket foods are doing to our bodies and affecting our health.

He can literally re set your body the way it works in day to day life if you follow his suggestions which are backed up scientificaly.

This week he opened my eyes , fresh orange juice has 6 teaspoons of sugar, thats on google too...so not the healthiest of drinks.

By *I TwoCouple 5 weeks ago

all around

"i'm following Micheal Mosley, google him, i think he;s a scientist as opposed to a dietician.

He's on channel 4 on the TV, google that to.

its quite amazing what todays supermarket foods are doing to our bodies and affecting our health.

He can literally re set your body the way it works in day to day life if you follow his suggestions which are backed up scientificaly.

This week he opened my eyes , fresh orange juice has 6 teaspoons of sugar, thats on google too...so not the healthiest of drinks.

"

Sugar from oranges isn't refined sugar.

As with all foods, moderation is key

By *ertcoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Hatfield

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr"

Oops my bad I was looking at Eddie Hall when I wrote that!!! Yeah Eddie Abbew owns a gym in Hemel. My friends and I moved him from the old gym to the new one next door, was brutal!!!

all around

"

Buy from local bakery

"

That's actually 4 ingredients lol

I'm not a baker but do bakeries not use those 4 ingredients too

Bedfordshire

[Removed by poster at 31/03/24 20:40:46]

Bedfordshire

"

Buy from local bakery

That's actually 4 ingredients lol

I'm not a baker but do bakeries not use those 4 ingredients too "

You haven’t quoted my original post properly

Having cut out the comparison to supermarket bread Vs local bakery

Either that or you have missed completely my point

Bedfordshire

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

Oops my bad I was looking at Eddie Hall when I wrote that!!! Yeah Eddie Abbew owns a gym in Hemel. My friends and I moved him from the old gym to the new one next door, was brutal!!!"

Yes I did wonder if that was the case

He’s great isn’t he

By *quirrel!Man 5 weeks ago

L

There’s studies that longevity is linked to increased muscle mass - get working out people you only have to be a little above average too!

all around

"Eddie Abbew is another

The irony is of course he was a steroid head,but he’s probably doing way more good to peoples lives then any damage done to his in the past so credit where it due

Buy from local bakery

Mr"

Your post quoted in its entirety

You say "Definition of highly processed food is anything with more then 5 additives"

Then you say "Bread is a prime example, consisting of flour,yeast,water and salt"

Your example of bread only contains 4 ingredients.

My question is ... Do bakeries not use the same 4 ingredients ?

all around

Although in principal I agree with what you're saying...

By *ackformore100Man 5 weeks ago

Tin town

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

You say "Definition of highly processed food is anything with more then 5 additives"

Then you say "Bread is a prime example, consisting of flour,yeast,water and salt"

My question is ... Do bakeries not use the same 4 ingredients ?"

Wasn't the point greater than 5 additives not ingredients?

By *quirrel!Man 5 weeks ago

L

The idea is to eat anything with ingredients that you’d find in a normal kitchen!! Basically no additives, preservatives, (old e-numbers) etc

all around

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

Wasn't the point greater than 5 additives not ingredients? "

Absolutely correct, brain fart

all around

"The idea is to eat anything with ingredients that you’d find in a normal kitchen!! Basically no additives, preservatives, (old e-numbers) etc "

We do, but the concern is what is contained in those "natural" products.

Fertiliser, pesticides, growth enhancers, all that crap

Tin town

"The idea is to eat anything with ingredients that you’d find in a normal kitchen!! Basically no additives, preservatives, (old e-numbers) etc

We do, but the concern is what is contained in those "natural" products.

Fertiliser, pesticides, growth enhancers, all that crap "

This is also true... The food chain is as trustworthy as... A water company boss

By *ayd100Man 5 weeks ago

clitheroe

moronic statement, what about the science

Bedfordshire

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

Absolutely correct, brain fart "

Sometimes being to pedantic can make a statement like this look well exactly what it is

But I don’t think it was intentional

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

100% agreed with you Bro

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 5 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

Sometimes being to pedantic can make a statement like this look well exactly what it is

"

*too pedantic

By *ogloomMan 5 weeks ago

macc

"Eat clean

Mayoclinic"

Yet Mayo is processed

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 5 weeks ago

leeds

Scrambled eggs are processed but i think the point is meant that food should food ie whole foods, tried to do unprocessed for a few months now and it is hard to do and bland but we do feel more energenic and less lathargic

By *lossomTreeWoman 5 weeks ago

Ipswich

Processing of foods has been going on for an incredible number of years, smoked meats are best in moderation due to carcinogenic effects, something else like cheese is on balance good for you.

It's the very new ultra processed foods that are showing up in scientific tests as being harmful and at odds with the bodies natural systems.

Eat something artificially sweet, your body gets a cue to deal with sugar (which it has efficient systems for evolved over millenia), but no sugar arrives, that has to mess things up.

Fat has gone down in food, sugar has gone down in food, yet obesity has rocketed, what's the other thing that has rocketed, UPF's.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 5 weeks ago

M20

We all now know that wealth is an indicator of longer, healthier life.

About 10 years ago someone worked out that being poor but cooking everything from raw ingredients gave similar outcomes.

This test stood up around the world.

Cumbria

Poverty/wealth is the absolute biggest determinant in health.

Bedfordshire

"Eddie Abbew is another

Buy from local bakery

Mr

*too pedantic

"

Well spotted

Non native speaker so very welcome x

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Scrambled eggs are processed but i think the point is meant that food should food ie whole foods, tried to do unprocessed for a few months now and it is hard to do and bland but we do feel more energenic and less lathargic"

Foods cooked from scratch aren't classed as processed. So get your eggs straight from the chickens in your yard and milk from your cow (who of course eats only natural stuff) and you're fine.

Ok that's going too far but organic eggs and milk and cook 'em ??.

By *hunkynGirthyMan 5 weeks ago

Barnsley

Air fryers are also not good for you . They are a reinvention of the microwave

leeds

I dont beleive fats are the problem we were led to beleive as long as theyre natural animal fats, lard ghee tallow ect sugar is the enemy

Cumbria

"Scrambled eggs are processed but i think the point is meant that food should food ie whole foods, tried to do unprocessed for a few months now and it is hard to do and bland but we do feel more energenic and less lathargic

Foods cooked from scratch aren't classed as processed. So get your eggs straight from the chickens in your yard and milk from your cow (who of course eats only natural stuff) and you're fine.

Ok that's going too far but organic eggs and milk and cook 'em ??."

Is unpasteurised milk worth the risk?

leeds

Raw milk is the best

By *obleroneToShareMan 5 weeks ago

"Scrambled eggs are processed but i think the point is meant that food should food ie whole foods, tried to do unprocessed for a few months now and it is hard to do and bland but we do feel more energenic and less lathargic

Is unpasteurised milk worth the risk?"

What is the risk from unpasteurised milk?

Cumbria

What is the risk from unpasteurised milk?"

It can contain Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, among other things. Also bovine TB is more common in areas where milk is drank unpasteurised.

leeds

It can contain but also does contain so many benifits too its a risk and reward bases

Cumbria

"It can contain but also does contain so many benifits too its a risk and reward bases "

What benefits?

leeds

Its higher in amino acids and minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, good gut bacteria helps with asthma inflammation skin and auto immune

leeds

The risks have now been reduced by only been able to purchase from source/farm or direct delivery and theyre under strict monitoring then same care as any other milk, keep refrigerated

Tin town

"Its higher in amino acids and minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, good gut bacteria helps with asthma inflammation skin and auto immune "

But apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us?

leeds

No idea but always enjoyed watching gladiator

Cumbria

"Its higher in amino acids and minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, good gut bacteria helps with asthma inflammation skin and auto immune "

“ Raw and pasteurized milk are comparable in their nutrient contents.

While raw milk is more natural and may contain more antimicrobials, its many health claims aren’t evidence-based and don’t outweigh potential risks like severe infections caused by harmful bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria”

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings

"And in other news, water is wet and fire is hot."

Water is not wet it's just water!

Water makes things wet.

Tin town

"And in other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

Water is not wet it's just water!

Water makes things wet."

Have you seen that powdered water in Asda?

It can contain Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, among other things. Also bovine TB is more common in areas where milk is drank unpasteurised."

What? Are you saying cattle get TB from humans who drink unpasteurised milk?

How?

"Its higher in amino acids and minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, good gut bacteria helps with asthma inflammation skin and auto immune

“ Raw and pasteurized milk are comparable in their nutrient contents.

While raw milk is more natural and may contain more antimicrobials, its many health claims aren’t evidence-based and don’t outweigh potential risks like severe infections caused by harmful bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria”"

Used to drink raw milk taken straight from the refrigerated bulk tank. Unpasteurised, not homogenised. No bugs...and I'm still alive.

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

I’ve been working in the medical field for a 17 years…

The evidence, data etc that has been released, both here and in America, CDC, NICE, NIH, WHO etal…

Have all mentioned that an increase in UPF can and is linked to a variety of health issues..

Neutrogenomics is an up and coming field that looks at diet and the effects it can have on our genes, esp Telemeres and longevity.

The gut-biome, something which i have and am studying, is another field of science that is showing that a variety of processed foods, antibiotics, which sadly are found to an excess is meat and dairy, hence our immunity to certain antibiotics…

The bowel contains over 70-80 of your immune system, serotonin, dopamine are formed in the gut and are conducive for our mood etc…

Leaky gut, SIBO, IBS are all linked to gut issues and are signs of inflammation in the GI tract…

An increase in fibre, pre-probiotics have shown to improve gut health and reduce inflammation…

Ultimately we need to be educated eaters and follow cause and effect… there is no one sized fits all, i have been plant based for 30 years and that works fine for me

By *rumguy1982Man 5 weeks ago

Birmingham

""Two large European studies published by The BMJ today find positive associations between consumption of highly processed (“ultra-processed”) foods and risk of cardiovascular disease and death."

The research title is this thread's heading."

Difference is this is widely known, nobody says otherwise, but as regards to the jabs they are apparently safe and effective....but evidence and studies are proving that is not the case.

I dont personally care if someone has the jab or not, your body, your choice.

Cumbria

It can contain Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, among other things. Also bovine TB is more common in areas where milk is drank unpasteurised.

What? Are you saying cattle get TB from humans who drink unpasteurised milk?

How?"

Sorry I didn’t phrase that very well, bovine TB is more prevalent in humans in areas where unpasteurised milk is widely drank.