FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Corona virus

Corona virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aucylad OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Anyone else think the UK are making a bags of managing this virus.Surely schools should be closed and considerstion given to increasing the awareness of this virus? Most of europe are close to lockdown and the UK seems to be allowing free reign on the movement of it.Cheltenham and soccer games up until yesterday...surely its gonna gwt worse? What do people think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have to weigh up the social and financial issues that the lockdown would cause.

If a lockdown ran for 6-8 weeks the economic impact would be huge and most people would be fed up during this period.

Of course unless we see the data and projections it is hard to say yes or no.

Dublin

"You have to weigh up the social and financial issues that the lockdown would cause.

If a lockdown ran for 6-8 weeks the economic impact would be huge and most people would be fed up during this period.

Of course unless we see the data and projections it is hard to say yes or no."

Surely its about stopping the spread of it and not about people being fed up during that period.I get the economic consquences are important but this is a steam train waiting to hit.Unless a common appraoch is taken across Europe then this virus will only get worse which will ultimately cause wreck on the economy anyhow.

By *emptd2Man  over a year ago

Wimbledon & Birmingham

"surely its gonna gwt worse? What do people think?"

That's what they want to a certain degree anyway. Herd Immunity.

They're keeping schools open so kids can become infected and develop an immunity as you may or may not know the effects of the Wuhan Flu on children in particular isn't as devastating as it is on the elderly.

Dublin

But yet the children are the spreaders then to the rest of the community. Surely thats ridiculous. A child could well kill their parents or grandparents.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"But yet the children are the spreaders then to the rest of the community. Surely thats ridiculous. A child could well kill their parents or grandparents. "

Are children spreaders to the community? Children spread some viruses well and some viruses very little.

If we accept the assumption that the disease peaks in 10-14 weeks... that means if we close schools now it would likely be 20-28weeks before the number of active infections is back to today’s level. Such prolonged closure would be catastrophic for our education system, the children’s mental wellbeing and their parents wellbeing and finances. Children will still be infected as parents will have to work and shop. Will children be forced to stay in their homes for 28 weeks or will them just meet in parks and on street corners instead of in schools? More sense to isolate 5million of the most vulnerable adults, than try to isolate 10-15million low risk children and young adults in pre-schools, schools and uni.

School closures may come but timed to have the biggest impact for the shortest time.

"Anyone else think the UK are making a bags of managing this virus.Surely schools should be closed and considerstion given to increasing the awareness of this virus? Most of europe are close to lockdown and the UK seems to be allowing free reign on the movement of it.Cheltenham and soccer games up until yesterday...surely its gonna gwt worse? What do people think?"

The UK has a habit of making a bags of things lately. Cheltenham should never have gone ahead. All events in Ireland have been cancelled since last Thursday evening. Schools are closed and all public places. If you can work from home you must. We've had 2 deaths and the country is going into lockdown from Tuesday morning at 8 am. Pubs and shops will be closed and the army will be deployed to the streets to stop looting. UK are being looked on by the rest of the world as not being very proactive.

By *aid back lukeMan  over a year ago

saxilby

“Are children spreaders to the community? Children spread some viruses well and some viruses very little.

If we accept the assumption that the disease peaks in 10-14 weeks... that means if we close schools now it would likely be 20-28weeks before the number of active infections is back to today’s level. Such prolonged closure would be catastrophic for our education system, the children’s mental wellbeing and their parents wellbeing and finances. More sense to isolate 5million of the most vulnerable adults, than try to isolate 10-15million low risk children and young adults in pre-schools, schools and uni.

School closures may come but timed to have the biggest impact for the shortest time. “

Don’t agree it would make more sense to delay the spread until NHS is prepared. Are there enough respirators and hospital beds? Guess we will find out....

Boris has taken a gamble on this much like Trump

Agenda 21 is all I can say

Funny how so many people think they know more than the experts

It's not the experts I'm judging, it's the world leaders.

Dublin

well experts across Europe seem to be dealing with it very diffferently than the Uks so called experts....or is it Boris who is trying to be the expert on this one?

Now pubs, cafes and restaurants around Europe are being closed, surely the U.K. will not be exempt and will follow suit. In that event, swinging clubs will have to follow suit. It could be a long non-swinging Spring and possibly Summer.

Let's face it Boris is just a joke prime minister and we're all being lied to and have so for many years

Dublin

it makes me wonder who is worse...Boris or the sheep who voted him in.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"it makes me wonder who is worse...Boris or the sheep who voted him in. "
Why not add those who make stupid comments like this.

I wish people would understand this is nothing to do with politics. No matter who is running the country they are still being guided by the same experts so would not doubt give the same advise

We know we can’t stop it so unlike Europe we are trying to delay the peak so we can cope better

Dublin. Is on lockdown. No were open at all.

"Dublin. Is on lockdown. No were open at all. "

Tomorrow (17th) is St. Patrick’s Day, the most lucrative day in the year for takings. Temple Bar is shut down. The whole of Dublin, indeed the whole of Ireland has been shut down. The U.K. is now on the next phase. Hopefully there are responsible folk in the Swinging Community. Don’t attend if infected, don’t go to avoid infection.

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Stop picking on Boris you idiots, hes doing his best, i think a lot of remoaners, are still having ago, get overit you lost. Everyone and i mean everyone should be thinking the same thing here, not trying to score points, people are dying.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Stop picking on Boris you idiots, hes doing his best, i think a lot of remoaners, are still having ago, get overit you lost. Everyone and i mean everyone should be thinking the same thing here, not trying to score points, people are dying. "

Where, oh where did 'remoaners' come into this? That is utterly laughable.

Those comments above have not indicated either way on that subject.

Pathetic doesn't come close.

teleford

"Stop picking on Boris you idiots, hes doing his best, i think a lot of remoaners, are still having ago, get overit you lost. Everyone and i mean everyone should be thinking the same thing here, not trying to score points, people are dying. "

When 12 months ago the biggest risk was Brexit or no Brexit depending on your viewpoint... seems like that was a faff about nothing given where we are right now!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Picking on boris??

Brilliant

Brexit is now irrelevant, there is nothing left to lose by leaving, the country is it will be practically bankrupt anyway.

We need a "world" union never mind a European Union at the moment and to try to prevent anything like this ever again.

Statistically there will be a lot less brexiteers in 6 months and we might be glad if some help from fellow humans no matter where they come from

I think the government have done an amazing job , this is one of the hardest times we have been

Through, what a tough tough job they have , they cannot win no matter what they try and do , but good luck and health to them all .

By *isexhotcoupleCouple  over a year ago

london

Did anyone see the London real podcast about the virus??

I'm not a conspiracy guy but everything they said seems to fit we exactly what's going on!

Any one remember the swine flu pandemic??

I just recently found out the swine flu is rated as the most mildest flu recorded!

But they made it look like bodies pulling up!!

This is 100% about the callapse of the financial system and this virus is the scapegoat!

Not to mention using virus to fast track the end off our privacy!

teleford

"Did anyone see the London real podcast about the virus??

I'm not a conspiracy guy but everything they said seems to fit we exactly what's going on!

Any one remember the swine flu pandemic??

I just recently found out the swine flu is rated as the most mildest flu recorded!

But they made it look like bodies pulling up!!

This is 100% about the callapse of the financial system and this virus is the scapegoat!

Not to mention using virus to fast track the end off our privacy!"

Who gains from the collapse of the financial system? Are you saying the virus was intentionally released or that the media is being controlled to paint a false picture? I don’t believe either are credible

» Add a new message to this topic