FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will swingers clubs survive Covid 19?

Will swingers clubs survive Covid 19?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oruseandabuse OP   Couple  over a year ago

chichester

Will swingers clubs survive Covid 19?

Six months of enforced closure. They are not known for being the most financially secure of businesses. Can you imagine the government providing temporary relief to them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I fear many will not make it the distance, not under their current ownership, however they are fully set up establishments and could be purchased and re opened under new management. It's not a good situation for any small business.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Tell me a business or soul trader that's going to do well out of this

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

"Will swingers clubs survive Covid 19?

Six months of enforced closure. They are not known for being the most financially secure of businesses. Can you imagine the government providing temporary relief to them?

"

Well they should really as its a business and it would be unfair if similar venues etc qualify.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"Tell me a business or soul trader that's going to do well out of this"

Any kind of Skype based tutoring , particularly gcse and a level

By *andkitten2Couple  over a year ago

Folkestone

They’re all registered legit companies, they’ll be helped.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Let's hope they're only closed for a couple of months. They should then be pretty busy when they reopen.

Undertakers?

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Quite a few females on here have the same side line.... With the loo roll shortage there will be plenty of socks getting used instead!!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Is it officially 6 months of enforced closure?

Might be a good time to look to renovate tired decor, or to make repairs. Oh and possibly a good deep clean. There are always opportunities in adversity.

By *av501TV/TS  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

From what I've seen of most clubs ......this would be a positive ....some of the stuff that must be lurking in there will scare Covid19 off yyyyuuuuukkkkkk!!!

Yes I think so.

Had other things going round so why not

some will some wont feel sorry for those who don't

"Will swingers clubs survive Covid 19?

"

Some will survive, some will close, many other businesses will close needlessly because this is going to last a lot longer than it should. I believe a lot of businesses that will fold will do so because of the length of closure

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

who says its for months ??

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

There will be people and businesses who will do very nicely, thank you, out of this situation/crisis. Some may have to adapt.

As to clubs. The premises will still be there. The existing business may cease but someone will come long and decide to refinance it. Landlords may have to be a bit patient. Most clubs would need quite a lot of money spending on them to convert them to another use. Several are in slightly "out of the way" places and an alternative use does not immediately spring to mind...

By *TRACouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We support your decision and honestly of some clubs closing and believe they are doing what is best for customers and staff.

All the clubs should do the same at this time, lets all keep safe you can have your fun later . x

"who says its for months ??"

Pretty sure most of us can put our lives on hold until September time, hope I'm wrong.

By *ild n NaughtyMan  over a year ago

south Cheshire

"who says its for months ??

Pretty sure most of us can put our lives on hold until September time, hope I'm wrong. "

I lost my job because of covid!! With the latest news I can not see clubs opening for many months to come!an if clubs can survive!!

No they wont, another reason I reckon is cos the men wont pay the high entrance fee now as the economy isnt so good as before.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Many clubs have opened with strict guidelines in place and no play rules and they seem to be doing ok

As for single guy paying prices that's a no brainer if there's a hint of any sort of play when clubs are open fully they will jump at the chance

Many single guys think clubs rely on there entrance fee to survive never really seen this as most couples only nights are busier

Plus the fact most single guys don't drink or very little as they want to perform where as couples tend to book onsite rooms and both drink as they enjoy the social side as much as the sexual and don't worry as much as single guys

So the e_tra 15 quid entrance that a single guy spends to get in is no comparison to the e_tra 40 to 50 quid spent by couples behind the bar

"No they wont, another reason I reckon is cos the men wont pay the high entrance fee now as the economy isnt so good as before."

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go

"No they wont, another reason I reckon is cos the men wont pay the high entrance fee now as the economy isnt so good as before.

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go "

Usually the entrance fee is men 70 couples 15 women 0 and if they spend some money in the club like drinks it could be an expensive night there.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"Many clubs have opened with strict guidelines in place and no play rules and they seem to be doing ok

As for single guy paying prices that's a no brainer if there's a hint of any sort of play when clubs are open fully they will jump at the chance

Many single guys think clubs rely on there entrance fee to survive never really seen this as most couples only nights are busier

Plus the fact most single guys don't drink or very little as they want to perform where as couples tend to book onsite rooms and both drink as they enjoy the social side as much as the sexual and don't worry as much as single guys

So the e_tra 15 quid entrance that a single guy spends to get in is no comparison to the e_tra 40 to 50 quid spent by couples behind the bar

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go

"

Both of these are great arguments for charging guys very little or even letting them in free. I

'm all for limiting the numbers of single men to just enough to provide couples with that e_tra M for their MMFs and letting them in at no cost; after all, as already stated, so little profit is made from us guys, clubs wouldn't be loosing a penny.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Many clubs have opened with strict guidelines in place and no play rules and they seem to be doing ok

So the e_tra 15 quid entrance that a single guy spends to get in is no comparison to the e_tra 40 to 50 quid spent by couples behind the bar "

Don't some clubs charge more than £15 or so far the typical differential between men and others?

I think it would be a good idea for clubs to revise their charging structure, at least whilst places are social only venues. As with general places, numbers can be controlled by other means, including advance bookings.

By *r GLTMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

New couple mids,

A good point you have put forward i never looked at it from that angle.

I've never minded paying e_tra to get into the clubs ( as a single gent) as the majority of the time i've really enjoyed myself met some sexy people along with getting involved in some naughty fun.

I do hope the clubs survive.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

So the e_tra 15 quid entrance that a single guy spends to get in is no comparison to the e_tra 40 to 50 quid spent by couples behind the bar "

This

By *r GLTMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

[Removed by poster at 01/08/20 09:25:29]

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"No they wont, another reason I reckon is cos the men wont pay the high entrance fee now as the economy isnt so good as before.

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go "

I wouldn’t go to clubs if single guys weren’t there. So whilst that may be true for you, it’s certainly not the case for all of us. Even right now if I were to go for a social only club night I’d only go if guys were there.

V x

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Maybe this is one of the ways forward for clubs survival, social bubble couple nights

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Maybe this is one of the ways forward for clubs survival, social bubble couple nights"

The bubble would have to bring along their council tax letter as proof that they are single.

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go Usually the entrance fee is men 70 couples 15 women 0 and if they spend some money in the club like drinks it could be an expensive night there."

£70 for single guys pmsl £15 for couples?? Which clubs are you going to ? Its nothing like

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Both of these are great arguments for charging guys very little or even letting them in free. I

'm all for limiting the numbers of single men to just enough to provide couples with that e_tra M for their MMFs and letting them in at no cost; after all, as already stated, so little profit is made from us guys, clubs wouldn't be loosing a penny."

Problem with limiting single guys is that many travel expecting to get in don't think many would be pleased to be turned away after travelling an hour or more

Pricing keeps out the idiots that give single guys a bad name the ones who walk around all night with cocks in hand not bothering to speak to anyone

Also many couples prefer a single guy free atmosphere so if clubs fill up with single guys many couples will be lost hence clubs doing different nights so couples who only want couples have a choice of enjoying a night without having a trail of single guys following them around

Others that want single guys have events like hot wives that they can attend

Most clubs we have visited males pay 30 couples 20 single fems 5

So don't think the pricing is outrageous

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

Undertakers

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go Usually the entrance fee is men 70 couples 15 women 0 and if they spend some money in the club like drinks it could be an expensive night there. £70 for single guys pmsl £15 for couples?? Which clubs are you going to ? Its nothing like "

I dont really go anymore but it was to few london clubs I went too.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Tell me a business or soul trader that's going to do well out of this

Undertakers"

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Single guys wouldnt be missed that much in clubs , most clubs do couples on a weekend night anyway and even if they dont they restrict the amount of single guys to a minimum anyway , they are not the life blood of swinging clubs far from it ,why do single guys go on like they get a raw deal from clubs ? Knowbody forces them to go Usually the entrance fee is men 70 couples 15 women 0 and if they spend some money in the club like drinks it could be an expensive night there. £70 for single guys pmsl £15 for couples?? Which clubs are you going to ? Its nothing like I dont really go anymore but it was to few london clubs I went too."

That doesn’t sound like club prices. More like brothels masquerading as clubs

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

'm all for limiting the numbers of single men to just enough to provide couples with that e_tra M for their MMFs and letting them in at no cost; after all, as already stated, so little profit is made from us guys, clubs wouldn't be loosing a penny."

Clubs are for couples, leave them to it

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

Clubs are for couples, leave them to it "

They really arent.. I've played as a single in clubs for many many years and mostly only with other singles x

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

'm all for limiting the numbers of single men to just enough to provide couples with that e_tra M for their MMFs and letting them in at no cost; after all, as already stated, so little profit is made from us guys, clubs wouldn't be loosing a penny.

No they aren't.

Near Marlborough

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 17:42:14]

Near Marlborough

"

Utter bollocks. I love clubbing and I only go on nights there are lots of solo guys.

V x

It is complete bollocks

Clubs need the income from single men.

Most clubs only have a couples night on one evening of the week.

These may be popular with the couples, but they are not going to keep a club going by themselves.

The men don't just pay for admission, they pay an annual membership as well, something which in most clubs the couples don't have to pay.

The reason for this is that without the couples and some single women the men wouldn't come.

It remains to be seen if, after the initial enthusiasm wanes, the couples will continue to come in enough numbers to keep them open. Yes they may come on Saturday nights, but what about every other night they are open ?

Sadly without the single guys I can't see the clubs surviving for long. Realistically I cant see many single guys continuing to attend just for socialising at two metres distance.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I think that the insurance companies may no longer offer cover for swingers clubs, while this Covid situation continues. This could prevent them from ever opening again.

"It is complete bollocks

These may be popular with the couples, but they are not going to keep a club going by themselves.

The men don't just pay for admission, they pay an annual membership as well, something which in most clubs the couples don't have to pay.

The reason for this is that without the couples and some single women the men wouldn't come.

It remains to be seen if, after the initial enthusiasm wanes, the couples will continue to come in enough numbers to keep them open. Yes they may come on Saturday nights, but what about every other night they are open ?

Sadly without the single guys I can't see the clubs surviving for long. Realistically I cant see many single guys continuing to attend just for socialising at two metres distance."

By *asmartsCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

We have, we had to adapt but gone very well!

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"It is complete bollocks

Sadly without the single guys I can't see the clubs surviving for long. Realistically I cant see many single guys continuing to attend just for socialising at two metres distance."

There's still a fair amount of single guys attending Xtasia. For me, it shows that they are genuinely interested in the scene as a whole rather than just after a quick shag.

Great if it lasts.

But my fear is that it's still early days.

If sex is off the agenda for a long time the numbers of guys will start to drop off.

Same applies to some couples too I feel, if they have to travel some distance to get there.

They will begin to ask themselves if it's worth the time, and the driving, and the cost of admission, and start thinking it's easier to stay local where they can both have a drink and not have to drive.

I'm not sure the swinging lifestyle is going to survive Covid, let alone the clubs

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I'm not sure the swinging lifestyle is going to survive Covid, let alone the clubs"

I think you could be right, even these tests that are being developed that can give results very quickly can show a negative result if someone has covid in the early days.

T

Near Marlborough

"I'm not sure the swinging lifestyle is going to survive Covid, let alone the clubs"

Now that is an interesting thought. I’m not sure I’d be keen on fucking around right now. But I wonder if, eventually, we will drift back to our filthy habits. I cannot wait until I can get dressed up and go clubbing, if couples can have sex with each other then I guess there’s some voyeuristic fun to be had.

There are some fairly nasty STDs out there and that doesn’t stop us. Many of us take whatever precautions we can against infection but it’s not bullet proof.

The difference is (I guess) if I catch some vile STD the likelihood of passing it to my daughter or my dad (eeeuuuwwwwww) is pretty low.

V x

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

The risk factor of dying of this desease is very small. In the under 25s you have more chance of dying in a car accident. For the rest of us it's still pretty low if normal precautions are taken.

Also people tend not to go to clubs if they are ill, and as the swinging community is a very small percentage of the population the risk factor is much lower.

Also the amount of people on here risking unsafe sex is far riskier with catching sti, than this.

I'm not saying we should relax all the rules but I'm putting it in context with other risks.

Some will inevitably go under.

Others will adapt and survive.

Personally I can't wait to get back to a club. Even if it's just to socialise with like minded people and a bit of voyeurism!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Judging by the amount of house parties and meets going on all around the country, the swinging lifestyle will be fine!! lol I can't tell you how many invites we've had to parties. Something along the lines of 'Seeing as the club is closed and you have your weekends back to yourselves, do you want to come to our party....'.

Erm no! lol

I can only speak for our club in Blackpool we are planning to try and open up again one day.

Now in saying that like all business we have to be realistic and look to future and find a way forward and try to adapt, if that's not impossible we will need to start thinking at some point of alternative purposes for our building to pay the bills for the club and in our personal life.

So we are planning for the best, to open up again but we are also planning for the worst, so planning for plan B,C,D,E,F ect. No one can predict what's going to happen next and how long Club's will be in this situation and only prudent to plan for everything.

Again our plan is to reopen the club but we are planning for all possibilities.

Paul Club Play

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It's a very hard time for the scene. Some clubs have managed to diversify and are open as lifestyle bars where people can socially distance and chat and make contacts that possibly in the future they could get closer to. Some clubs just haven't the space or don't feel it's appropriate.

I really hope all of the clubs managed to find a way to come through it.

By *ven better coupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex, Brentwood

We've read some notices on here from members saying clubs are open. Eureka? Pleasures? How does that work?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The government guidelines for inside bars says "limit social interaction with anyone outside of the group you are attending a place with, even if you see other people you know". So strictly speaking you should not be chatting to others or making new friends.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I'm not sure the swinging lifestyle is going to survive Covid, let alone the clubs

Judging by the amount of house parties and meets going on all around the country, the swinging lifestyle will be fine!! lol I can't tell you how many invites we've had to parties. Something along the lines of 'Seeing as the club is closed and you have your weekends back to yourselves, do you want to come to our party....'.

Erm no! lol "

I'm getting a lot too.. as apparently because I cant get to events.

"I'm not sure the swinging lifestyle is going to survive Covid, let alone the clubs

Erm no! lol "

I've no doubt it's going on, but that sort of swinging (perfectly valid though it is) can't really be considered all that sustainable in terms of bringing new people into the lifestyle as people leave it. It's hugely insular and destined to obscurity at best.

The clubs are a vital lynchpin for those looking to explore and find people, especially for those who don't necessarily inspire many party invites such as ourselves.

No. They won’t. The virus will come and go in waves so this is just the start. It’s time to think of alternative ways if you want this fun.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Erm no! lol

I've no doubt it's going on, but that sort of swinging (perfectly valid though it is) can't really be considered all that sustainable in terms of bringing new people into the lifestyle as people leave it. It's hugely insular and destined to obscurity at best.

The clubs are a vital lynchpin for those looking to explore and find people, especially for those who don't necessarily inspire many party invites such as ourselves. "

Oh I totally agree, being a club owner However, not everybody agrees. Swinging will survive, even if some clubs don't

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Erm no! lol

The clubs are a vital lynchpin for those looking to explore and find people, especially for those who don't necessarily inspire many party invites such as ourselves.

Oh I totally agree, being a club owner However, not everybody agrees. Swinging will survive, even if some clubs don't"

Swinging was alive and well before clubs opened and will thrive if clubs are prevented from fully promoting it for another year . I agree that new comers without contacts will find it difficult as will single guys who find it impossible to meet other than at clubs. Private parties will fill a void in the meantime until clubs can flourish again .

» Add a new message to this topic