FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How do you know if you've had the virus??

How do you know if you've had the virus??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Only asking because iv been poorly now with throat and ear infection. Sweating.

Hard to breathe.

No energy.

Or is it just tonsillitis but bad.

I mean you just don't know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Three weeks ago a lad at work returned from Milan. 4 of us fell ill days later with flu symptoms! I was in bed solid 4 days sneezing with extreme fatigue which felt different to a normal cold/flu but it left me as quick as it came, so I’m convinced now it was Corona!!!

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

I have been told by nhs111 that all in my house could have it, my 4 year old has a bad cough and a slight temperature, 9 year old high temperature sore throat body aching and I have a cough, headache and sore throat and if I walk anywhere I get out of breath

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only way to know is wait until post infection immunity / antibody test is available. Which is a priority but still not in existence yet.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Nobody knows to be honest we need test for all

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

"Only asking because iv been poorly now with throat and ear infection. Sweating.

Hard to breathe.

No energy.

Or is it just tonsillitis but bad.

I mean you just don't know. "

I'm suffering with those symptoms right now... plus an additional banging throbbing headache.... I've also lost my voice... I kinda think it's just another "usual" virus doing the rounds.... I've isolated myself since last Thursday just to be safe though

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"The only way to know is wait until post infection immunity / antibody test is available. Which is a priority but still not in existence yet."
I'm anxiously waiting for this as still convinced I've already had this long before it was hitting the headlines

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

"The only way to know is wait until post infection immunity / antibody test is available. Which is a priority but still not in existence yet. I'm anxiously waiting for this as still convinced I've already had this long before it was hitting the headlines "

Very much the same.

I'm pretty sure I've had it already, December time.

Had lots and lots of overseas guests where I used to work, and I was always shaking hands and giving hugs.

Had a week of work in which I thought I was going to die, then, it just stopped as quick as it started, and I've felt amazing ever since.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I had three chest infections in December three lots of antibiotics and steroids. I don’t have bad asthma but was using my inhaler a hell of a lot.

I could be sat doing nothing and suddenly be wheezy as hell. Scared me tbh x

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

No test for it yet.

"The only way to know is wait until post infection immunity / antibody test is available. Which is a priority but still not in existence yet. I'm anxiously waiting for this as still convinced I've already had this long before it was hitting the headlines

Very much the same.

I'm pretty sure I've had it already, December time.

Had lots and lots of overseas guests where I used to work, and I was always shaking hands and giving hugs.

Had a week of work in which I thought I was going to die, then, it just stopped as quick as it started, and I've felt amazing ever since."

yeah mine was in december. Never had a flu with a temperature like that. It was so bad my fwb had to get me to the hospital. I couldn't even walk to the toilet unaided. I actually thought it would be the death of me ...

Some experts are saying millions could be ok now but no one knows. If we did know we could start getting back to normal again.

"Some experts are saying millions could be ok now but no one knows. If we did know we could start getting back to normal again."
This. X

[Removed by poster at 22/03/20 17:07:29]

I wondered this too.

I was very ill around mid-end of January. A dry cough that wouldn't go away, chest pains and some breathing difficulties (I'm asthmatic), and I was quite feverish - shaking, chills, sweating. It felt like a mild dose of flu.

Didn't think anything of it at the time but now it does make me wonder if that was it. Although it was never really severe, the symptoms seem to fit.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"No test for it yet."

There are tests for it .not enough kits available to test everyone but they exist...or have I got confused by your response..

H

"No test for it yet.

There are tests for it .not enough kits available to test everyone but they exist...or have I got confused by your response..

H"

means to test for those that have had it.. at present there isn't a test to see if you have had it x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Some experts are saying millions could be ok now but no one knows. If we did know we could start getting back to normal again."

I’m convinced everyone’s had it or got it and doesn’t have any symptoms. Only Ill or unhealthy people get sick with this one it’s not a normal flu. In Dec & Jan I was to and fro London, Dubai every week - densely populated cities with metro lines packed solid can’t see how I could have possibly avoided it.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"No test for it yet.

H"

The test that is available now is for you having it now, the test they are trying to perfect is for showing you had it but now its cured, ie looking for antibodies.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"No test for it yet.

H

The test that is available now is for you having it now, the test they are trying to perfect is for showing you had it but now its cured, ie looking for antibodies."

Ah thx

nearly 80,000 have now been tested and just under 6,000 have come back positive

those 70,000 tested must have been displaying symptoms.

I wonder what illness they've had?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I wondered this too.

I was very ill around mid-end of January. A dry cough that wouldn't go away, chest pains and some breathing difficulties (I'm asthmatic), and I was quite feverish - shaking, chills, sweating. It felt like a mild dose of flu.

Didn't think anything of it at the time but now it does make me wonder if that was it. Although it was never really severe, the symptoms seem to fit. "

I had exactly the same thing in February

By *orilla After DarkMan  over a year ago

South / Kent

"Some experts are saying millions could be ok now but no one knows. If we did know we could start getting back to normal again.

I’m convinced everyone’s had it or got it and doesn’t have any symptoms. Only Ill or unhealthy people get sick with this one it’s not a normal flu. In Dec & Jan I was to and fro London, Dubai every week - densely populated cities with metro lines packed solid can’t see how I could have possibly avoided it. "

I strongly believe this. Me and my mates were just talking about this last year.

He had all the symptoms and he felt he was dying.

I remember that conversation, something about 5G being introduced at the same time.

By *hingy2Woman  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Three weeks ago a lad at work returned from Milan. 4 of us fell ill days later with flu symptoms! I was in bed solid 4 days sneezing with extreme fatigue which felt different to a normal cold/flu but it left me as quick as it came, so I’m convinced now it was Corona!!! "

Oh my ...does seem like it...how are you feeling now?? X

By *razyhappyguys04Couple  over a year ago

London.

We had it in November all the symptoms and found it hard to breath, so its been around for a while,

By *inkykat dirtydogCouple  over a year ago

Cov

A lot of people are saying this now. Of course no one was testing for anything like this back then. Let's hope so as it mean more people immune and if not well, a flu like that was so bad then what is corona going to be like.

[Removed by poster at 24/03/20 00:00:12]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Due to the lack of testing in the uk, apart from the severe cases in hisputals, we've got minimal records of infections.

There's also uncertainty about how the body reacts after having had the infection and how long it may or may not be possible to determine if you've had it. We're not testing during infection and definitely not after symptom s have gone, for people not in hospital.

If you think you possibly had it, it's still better to act as if you didn't.

Central

"We had it in November all the symptoms and found it hard to breath, so its been around for a while, "

Were you in Wuhan, China, where it originated and was spotted in November 2019?

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

14th Feb I went to the doctors about an unrelated issue and was left sat in the waiting room for nearly an hour. Several Chinese students and a chinese family sat near me coughing and spluttering while I waited, with one taking pictures of the warning sign they'd put up in the entrance about people returning from Wuhan, and lo and behold two days later I had uncontrollable sneezing and snotting for three days before it turned to feeling pretty ill with mild fever, aching joints and coughing for another few days and having to cancel plans because of it. It likely wasn't Covid-19 but who knows as I wasn't tested and symptoms seem to vary between people.

You will only know if you've had it if you have been tested. And as far as I know the only way to be tested is if you are in hospital.

"Due to the lack of testing in the uk, apart from the severe cases in hisputals, we've got minimal records of infections.

There's also uncertainty about how the body reacts after having had the infection and how long it may or may not be possible to determine if you've had it. We're not testing during infection and definitely not after symptom s have gone, for people not in hospital.

If you think you possibly had it, it's still better to act as if you didn't. "

Lack of testing?

Apart from the several hundred thousand people that have been tested, you mean?

To be honest most all sound like the cold virus that's doing the rounds! Basically it's most likely with a high temperature and with a very persistent dry cough ... "may" cause fatigue/sore throat occasionally

In vulnerable quickly turns into full blown phenomena it's not a flu/cold!

Just be glad you're all alive and that you obviously self isolated/isolating for 14 days with your entire family so as not to pass whatever you had/have on! And I'm sure you'll get to tell everyone that you survived Corona when this is all over!

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

Looking at your profile, I lost my breath too!

Wow...

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Had all the main symptoms in February totally different from cold you can’t blow your nose cough has no mucus , other half has it now exactly same symptoms as I had ,this has been around for some time ,also the breathing problems thou not harsh has not gone back to normal from February

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Was listening to the radio last November noticed quite a few presenters complaining about the flu they were suffering from. A cuople of News readers on tv too.

Had a feeling something big n bad was going to hit back in September at the start of the flu season.

By *ustin 100Man  over a year ago

Galway

This tread caught my attention,on a Friday evening at the end of January from being in good form all day suddenly beveloped a severe pain in my back,with in a hour I was shivering ,never did I come down with something so suddenly,went home called my doc who immediately sent a ambulance for me,rushed me to an isolation unit in hospital,had a tem of40.3,did all my bloods put me on a drip,4 hours later they said good news you don't have cronaviris,but they didn't know what caused it, kept me for 4 days,I now wonder what it had

By *ustin 100Man  over a year ago

Galway

Forgot to say was in Asia from end of Dec to mid January

Bizzarely I was ill mid December with a flu type illness. Coincidentally it was right after my flu jab, although I was assured there was no connection. For 4 days I was in bed, flat as a pancake, there was a few of us at work with it.

By *razyhappyguys04Couple  over a year ago

London.

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 21:21:16]

Being a copd sufferer, in January this year I was admitted to hospital for 6 days with all of the symptoms of the virus.

Had 3 weeks off work when I was discharged, then made redundant in april.

Over the last few weeks I have become breathless again doing the most simple of things, especially in the evenings.

I'm sure this is the effect of the virus, long covid so their calling it

Central

"Being a copd sufferer, in January this year I was admitted to hospital for 6 days with all of the symptoms of the virus.

Over the last few weeks I have become breathless again doing the most simple of things, especially in the evenings.

I'm sure this is the effect of the virus, long covid so their calling it "

What date in January were you ill? Did you get a diagnosis other than COPD?

"Being a copd sufferer, in January this year I was admitted to hospital for 6 days with all of the symptoms of the virus.

What date in January were you ill? Did you get a diagnosis other than COPD? "

No diagnosis at all, just a severe flare up of asthma/copd is what they put for the doctors report.

Only thing that helped after 3 weeks of not being able to breathe was a strong course of prednisone, a banana tablet... dunno what that was, and a 16 hour magnesium drip.

Felt much better after that, enough to be discharged anyway.

Had another flare up about 2 months ago, another trip to A&E ... a quick magnesium drip amd more steroids, another 2 weeks of rest at home.

Now I feel its the same again, as I said in the other post, mainly in the evenings, but can be breathless at almost any point in the day.... symbicort seems to ease it for a while.

Oh and middle of January

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"No test for it yet.

H means to test for those that have had it.. at present there isn't a test to see if you have had it x "

When I took my son to a test centre last week there was a bay clearly marked for antibody test I wasn't aware of this before. Result was negetive thankfully.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

What date in January were you ill? Did you get a diagnosis other than COPD?

No diagnosis at all, just a severe flare up of asthma/copd is what they put for the doctors report.

Only thing that helped after 3 weeks of not being able to breathe was a strong course of prednisone, a banana tablet... dunno what that was, and a 16 hour magnesium drip.

Felt much better after that, enough to be discharged anyway.

Had another flare up about 2 months ago, another trip to A&E ... a quick magnesium drip amd more steroids, another 2 weeks of rest at home.

Now I feel its the same again, as I said in the other post, mainly in the evenings, but can be breathless at almost any point in the day.... symbicort seems to ease it for a while.

"

Banana tablet sounds like the antibiotic amoxicillin. It's usually banana flavoured for reasons I'm not clear on!

just seen it... yup thats the one.

I saved 3 days from the last course as I knew I would need tjem again, 1st day taking them today, not much better but not needing any nebuliser yet

North West

"just seen it... yup thats the one.

I saved 3 days from the last course as I knew I would need tjem again, 1st day taking them today, not much better but not needing any nebuliser yet "

Always finish the course of antibiotics, even if you feel better before the end. Stopping partway through promotes antibiotic resistance and that might make future/recurrent infections harder to treat. Also don't take antibiotics unl instructed to by your doctor because unnecessary use also promotes antibiotic resistance

Actually itd a different one, clarithromycin

I'm taking about 18 tablets a day again and can't keep up with them.

The thing that pains me the most is I have a very active 3yr old that loves getting me to run around after her, it kills me but cant show it in front of her, i suffer it until she goes to bed, then I sit down and it gets a bit much... if it wasn't for her I would probably not be here now, she's my world and what I wake up for every day

North West

"Actually itd a different one, clarithromycin

I'm taking about 18 tablets a day again and can't keep up with them.

The thing that pains me the most is I have a very active 3yr old that loves getting me to run around after her, it kills me but cant show it in front of her, i suffer it until she goes to bed, then I sit down and it gets a bit much... if it wasn't for her I would probably not be here now, she's my world and what I wake up for every day "

As a mum with disabilities, I can fully empathise with that, my friend

kinky... if it wasn't for the ankle biting little fuckers where would we be??

North West

"kinky... if it wasn't for the ankle biting little fuckers where would we be??

"

Me? I'd probably still be 100% able bodied, wouldn't have needed corrective gynaecology surgery 18yrs down the line and a lot less saggy. Come to think of it.......

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 22:26:37]

Ahhh but think of the joy they bring every day.... and the expense, pain, headaches, lack of sleep haha

North West

"Ahhh but think of the joy they bring every day.... and the expense, pain, headaches, lack of sleep haha"

Despite the destruction its wrought on my body, I'd not change the little blighters for the world

"Ahhh but think of the joy they bring every day.... and the expense, pain, headaches, lack of sleep haha

Despite the destruction its wrought on my body, I'd not change the little blighters for the world "

I sent you a wink... would it be ok if I messaged you

North West

"Ahhh but think of the joy they bring every day.... and the expense, pain, headaches, lack of sleep haha

Despite the destruction its wrought on my body, I'd not change the little blighters for the world

I sent you a wink... would it be ok if I messaged you "

Depends what about

I sent you a wink... would it be ok if I messaged you

Depends what about "

Sent it... explains in the message

» Add a new message to this topic