FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > MOT expires during restrictions...

MOT expires during restrictions...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iger4u OP   Woman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Somebody asked about MOTs..

Normal vehicles.. Dealers and garages are doing a collect car MOT.

Other vehicles... Check gov.uk as 3 month suspension on some vehicles.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some garages will stay open doctors and nurses need their cars running. Plus all essential worker's can't all go to work on a bus.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My ex husband is an mot tester and has been told hes an essential worker.

( although he has said people are struggling to get failing cars fixed due to lack of car parts)

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Car parts are not essential I am sure, the government have new cars, car pools and plenty spares they will be fine, the rest of us can go to hell and we will !

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"My ex husband is an mot tester and has been told hes an essential worker.

( although he has said people are struggling to get failing cars fixed due to lack of car parts) "

Mine isn't until September. Who knows what'll be like then. Is he just a tester?

Changing the subject: did you see the pics of Matlock this weekend?

"My ex husband is an mot tester and has been told hes an essential worker.

( although he has said people are struggling to get failing cars fixed due to lack of car parts)

Mine isn't until September. Who knows what'll be like then. Is he just a tester?

Changing the subject: did you see the pics of Matlock this weekend?"

I saw them in person as had been driving past x

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

My car is booked in for tomorrow afternoon, I brought it forward a couple of weeks, just hope they are still testing tomorrow...

Fingers crossed...

Thanks for your messages above, our car went in yesterday for a service and MOT, it's been stressing us a little overnight thinking we'd not get it back

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

At this moment seriously..The last thing I'd be worrying about now is m.o.t.s...

"At this moment seriously..The last thing I'd be worrying about now is m.o.t.s..."

The nearest shop is 15 miles away, we need a car just to get food, if we relied on Tesco home delivery we'd be left with a toilet duck and some tinned sprouts

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"At this moment seriously..The last thing I'd be worrying about now is m.o.t.s..."

I'm a key worker that works 20 miles from home, and limited public transport.

It's a very re worry for many people.

On the upside it will see the close of those bloody gambling arcade shops that have sprung up on nearly every highstreet

My car is going in tomorrow I'm going to ring them today about it. I'm a key worker and need it to get to work.

Garages are on the exemption list so are allowed to remain open

Essex.

I need my car for work, those cherries don't put themselves on the Bakewell's you know...

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

"At this moment seriously..The last thing I'd be worrying about now is m.o.t.s...

I need my car for work, those cherries don't put themselves on the Bakewell's you know..."

I drove through the town of Bakewell last year, really pretty town. Guess it’s from there originally.

Essex.

"At this moment seriously..The last thing I'd be worrying about now is m.o.t.s...

I need my car for work, those cherries don't put themselves on the Bakewell's you know...

I drove through the town of Bakewell last year, really pretty town. Guess it’s from there originally. "

no idea...lol

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

[Removed by poster at 24/03/20 08:46:45]

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Some MOT and repair garages are staying open. Key workers need their vehicles to get to and some to do their work.

The garage just called me saying it's done and they will bring the car to our door rather than us go and get it. Fair play

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

My local MOT man is within walking distance of home and have a valid MOT until Nov. If things go really badly (certainly don't think they will) we probably won't be worrying about MOTs. If things improve fairly quickly, to be hoped for, then just slot back into the system....

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

I've had mine cancelled and independents are doing key workers only and shutting down.

MoT will lapse in a few end of the month, cannot pay VED and unless there's an extension CTE administered then car will have to be SORN off road and I'll review how I shop for food.

Still I can combine my daily walk with a trip to the food shops and back

Mine failed last week and was due for repair and retest later this week. Now cancelled. Under current restrictions seems ridiculous to be searching for another garage which apart from anything else would need another test fee. I'm prepared to drive it on the few occasions I need to go out but I'm probably buggered on the insurance.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Hubby’s car is due it’s MOT in the next month. I hope that as a key worker he will be able to find somewhere that will be able to do it for him

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

New guidelines say garages can stay open.

MOTs for lorries, trailers and buses are suspended for now.

MOT requirements for car and bikes under review.

Ipswich

"New guidelines say garages can stay open.

MOTs for lorries, trailers and buses are suspended for now.

MOT requirements for car and bikes under review."

Might be saying that, but they're not staying open. At least not around here.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

My car failed its MOT yesterday unfortunately the welder wasn't in to do the work

I was told to bring it in Wednesday after my nightshift and he is hoping he can do it then,I've got till the 8th April till it runs out

Things may have become a little unimportant whilst in this crisis, I doubt the safety of road users will or there will be more deaths,some cars may be parked up for a while who can stay home,however some of us need a car,to get to work as are keyworkers,so garages still have a very important job to do

I drove through the town of Bakewell last year, really pretty town. Guess it’s from there originally.

no idea...lol"

They are. Although the manufactured ones are different from the genuine ones. Visit one of the shops in Bakewell to try one once this crisis is over.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

It was me that asked.

Our local garage will be shutting from tomorrow night 6pm.

He managed to get us in as we had cancelled previously.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"My car failed its MOT yesterday unfortunately the welder wasn't in to do the work

I was told to bring it in Wednesday after my nightshift and he is hoping he can do it then,I've got till the 8th April till it runs out

Things may have become a little unimportant whilst in this crisis, I doubt the safety of road users will or there will be more deaths,some cars may be parked up for a while who can stay home,however some of us need a car,to get to work as are keyworkers,so garages still have a very important job to do"

Good luck with the car and the shifts.

incognito mode ;-)

"My car failed its MOT yesterday unfortunately the welder wasn't in to do the work

Things may have become a little unimportant whilst in this crisis, I doubt the safety of road users will or there will be more deaths,some cars may be parked up for a while who can stay home,however some of us need a car,to get to work as are keyworkers,so garages still have a very important job to do

Good luck with the car and the shifts."

Thankyou

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

Unofficial word is that MOT's will be deferred for 3 months i.e. if you are due end of March then it will now be due end June ...from one of the main dealers this morning.

Essex.

Things may have become a little unimportant whilst in this crisis, I doubt the safety of road users will or there will be more deaths,some cars may be parked up for a while who can stay home,however some of us need a car,to get to work as are keyworkers,so garages still have a very important job to do"

Once it has failed an MOT, that supersedes the existing MOT, however if it is booked in to a garage for work or retest you are legally allowed to drive it there.

"Unofficial word is that MOT's will be deferred for 3 months i.e. if you are due end of March then it will now be due end June ...from one of the main dealers this morning."
unless we go into full lockdown there are no current plans to defer mots.

The garage I'm going to tomorrow is 20 miles from home (rural area) and they aren't allowing me to sit in their waiting area (understandable) so I gotta walk the streets for 3 hours or sit on a bench! Hope the police don't pull me, they have been out. (well I wouldn't mind actually, police are hot!)

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I see portugal have given any vehicles that is due a MOT between now and june an extra 5 months.

Lets hope this country follows somthing similar.

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

"Unofficial word is that MOT's will be deferred for 3 months i.e. if you are due end of March then it will now be due end June ...from one of the main dealers this morning. unless we go into full lockdown there are no current plans to defer mots. "

Just announced and official ... MOT's extended for 6 months here in the UK

Bolton

"The garage I'm going to tomorrow is 20 miles from home (rural area) and they aren't allowing me to sit in their waiting area (understandable) so I gotta walk the streets for 3 hours or sit on a bench! Hope the police don't pull me, they have been out. (well I wouldn't mind actually, police are hot!) "

3 hrs for an MOT ?? Usually done in less than an hour, unless you are having other work done....

incognito mode ;-)

Once it has failed an MOT, that supersedes the existing MOT, however if it is booked in to a garage for work or retest you are legally allowed to drive it there."

Legally I will quite happily appeal as it is covid19 that has caused delays in getting the work done,I'm covered on that with the new announcement anyway,that Fabio mentions in another thread

My car is there again this morning for atleast another couple of days,he will try his best to get another welder,I will have to pick it up Thursday pm though as need it to go to work again,it will get done eventually

My garage has not said it is unsafe or illegal to drive it at the moment,I always do MOT earlier so there is time to do repairs if needed

"Unofficial word is that MOT's will be deferred for 3 months i.e. if you are due end of March then it will now be due end June ...from one of the main dealers this morning. unless we go into full lockdown there are no current plans to defer mots.

Just announced and official ... MOT's extended for 6 months here in the UK"

Yes, but only for those vehicles due for MoT on or after 30th March.

Ipswich

[Removed by poster at 25/03/20 13:39:42]

Re car parts I wish someone would tell gsf that as atm I am self isolating but told to return o work afterwards ??????????????

Bump

MOT,s now been put off for 6 months

"The garage I'm going to tomorrow is 20 miles from home (rural area) and they aren't allowing me to sit in their waiting area (understandable) so I gotta walk the streets for 3 hours or sit on a bench! Hope the police don't pull me, they have been out. (well I wouldn't mind actually, police are hot!)

3 hrs for an MOT ?? Usually done in less than an hour, unless you are having other work done...."

Mot and service and wash

Bolton

" Mot and service and wash"
Ah, that makes sense !! Trust job is done and dusted and you were able to amuse yourself for the time ..... !

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Bump

MOT,s now been put off for 6 months "

That's great news for me, I have two vehicles that run out in April and another two that will run out within the six months

Essex.

Mine was due to expire on the 5th but got it tested today, passed with flying colours but didn't expect any less, they knew how to build cars 30+ years ago...

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Had to get mine done to buy tax, they’ve now extended but have they fixed the tax check ?

» Add a new message to this topic