FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > "Keyworkers" during Isolation.Thanksx

"Keyworkers" during Isolation.Thanksx

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abyC-Oldskool OP   Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

Thought this might be a good idea after watching Bo Jo talking last night about informing his "Lockdown".That Out there many of us (including us) are in a group now called key workers witch less face it is most of the nation in some way,If you fall into this bracket Ie shopworkers,NHS staff,carers,emergency services,(the list go's on)....Then thought we as most of the country should say thanks right now...

It is life as normal for most,dispite government advice to stay in and be safe,many won't earn there crusts this way and must be frustrating times everywhere..

Some great Vids seen of people everywhere coming together to help those in need,and to offer support to the vulnerable when able to and we love that kind of thing...Dont get us wrong,once you get past the chaos of people fighting over big roll and small.shops selling hand sanitizer for £8 you think that people still use to advantage,But hats of to the workers tight now that's keeping it all going...

Might bump this thread a few times but if your still working and what you are doing if can say would love to hear some comments on people still having to work?.and again..Thanks to all the workers putting self at risk to keep us all going..Big shouts.XxX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *FuckingDelightWoman  over a year ago

Sunny Bognor

Nurse here, will be working throughout the crises

Make my job easier and urge everyone & anyone not to make non essential journeys

I thank you

By *ony 529Man  over a year ago

coventry

Thank you xxx to all who put their lives on hold to help us all through these uncertain times I personal love you dearly x thank you xxxxxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Early years professional. No 'not the lockdown' for me

My biggest bug bare right now is people moaning they are bored.

I'm really struggling with my fellow humans. I'm trying to contemplate when I'm redeployed if I stay in alternative accommodation so I don't risk passing the virus on to my family. Or whether to finish each shift panicking about the fact that I could be bringing the virus to my home.

I think there is a total lack of understanding from others how much this is affecting NHS staff and other keyworkers mentally as well as physically. I've had to remove quite a few people from my life who don't seem to get the stress we are under and are just sulking because they can't go to the pub

So I don't want thanks I just want support and understanding

I’m still working

Somerset

Fair shout if attached to NHS and alike.People like yourself doing a great job in shit times

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Appreciating some of the appreciation. My co-workers are great and we're trying to keep each other's spirits up but a lot of us are pretty damn miserable right now. Also increasingly fed up of the public with everyone wanting to be the one exception to the measures we've had to put in place . I get it's not idea or fun for anyone but we're just trying to keep the service running as much as possible. Unfortunately a lot of people only care about what they want and not about the greater impact of that. Might sound unsympathetic but it's true.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Care worker here. Back to work tomorrow and will probably have to sacrifice my booked holiday to continue giving our vulnerable residents a level of basic care, let alone trying to also support their mental health. We’re all stressed and trying as best we can to look after your loved ones.

I urge all of you that don’t have to go out.... driving to Mac Donald’s is not essential, neither is getting your leg over.

Make the most of your time catching up on those little things you have been meaning to do and putting off

I start 4 night shifts tonight in France

Somerset

Wow still all go for you .Fair play

Shout out to the truckers

"My biggest bug bare right now is people moaning they are bored.

I'm really struggling with my fellow humans. I'm trying to contemplate when I'm redeployed if I stay in alternative accommodation so I don't risk passing the virus on to my family. Or whether to finish each shift panicking about the fact that I could be bringing the virus to my home.

I think there is a total lack of understanding from others how much this is affecting NHS staff and other keyworkers mentally as well as physically. I've had to remove quite a few people from my life who don't seem to get the stress we are under and are just sulking because they can't go to the pub

So I don't want thanks I just want support and understanding "

This is what me and my partner are preparing for, either I move myself into her daughters room and lock myself in, and keeping them at distance as much as possible, or I seek alternative accommodation. Her daughter has severe Narcolepsy and Cataplexy, which affects her immune system. My employer hasn't issued advice on PPE, or provided any extra.

But, what will be will be, just hope people will adhere to last nights announcements, and also hope the government will start looking at supporting the people who have to isolate a lot better than they are now.

Thoughts are with you all. Stay safe and healthy x

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

Healthcare here....

Somerset

Trucker hours with all this going on.hats off to you all out there

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm a key worker apparently, though I can't figure out how for life life of me. So work goes on as usual for me despite the lockdown because my management are fuckwits

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I do security so will have to carry in working. I should not be on a list of key workers, I'm only helping the company I'm employed by. My hat is off to all NHS,police and all other emergency workers may all your lives be long and thank you

By *ikerswingCouple  over a year ago

mcr

Mrs is in a microbiology lab running covid 19 tests for the nhs.so will be continuously working..mr; mechanical engineer and still working as classed as essential key worker.

I'm a key worker.

I have a day off today after 8 days in a row.

I'm exhausted.

Please please please stay in and let's get rid of it sooner rather than later!

Somerset

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

"My biggest bug bare right now is people moaning they are bored.

Spot on! We’ve already got staff catching it, we’ve got more patients and less staff. We know that in all probability we will catch it, by the time we’ve realised that we’ve caught it we will probably infect our family and you add that worry onto the stress of what we are having to witness at work at the moment along with not being able to shop properly and kids arguing with each other when you get home over the most trivial of things, I’m amazed that I haven’t just exploded at somebody. And breathe!

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Big thank you to EVERYONE who is helping keep the country running.

Not just NHS staff, but the bin people still clearing our rubbish, the people on the tills in all the shops, the people keeping public transport running, care staff, warehouse staff etc etc. The list goes on.

Heartfelt thank you to you all.

Somerset

Its great to here of the range of workers still going strong...So many Key jobs we dont think about at first...Great effort by all we thinks

Somerset

Bump for the recycle and bin bin and women to...also not getting a break

Key worker here so no lockdown for me. I work in Early Years Education.

Key worker (shop worker)

Usually bottom of the food chain now near the top and we still get treated like shit.

like people shopping today but not essential whole families shopping together, and practically no one respecting the 2 metre rule despite being told numerous times

"Key worker (shop worker)

Usually bottom of the food chain now near the top and we still get treated like shit.

like people shopping today but not essential whole families shopping together, and practically no one respecting the 2 metre rule despite being told numerous times "

Thankyou btw

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Still working ... Recovery Practioner ... Mental Health Services ...

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

Primary care key worker,genuinely worried about taking this home to the rest of my family who are obeying the advice and staying at home...

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Primary care key worker,genuinely worried about taking this home to the rest of my family who are obeying the advice and staying at home..."

This is my concern. I'm not overly stressed with the going to work side of things, it's the worry of potentially catching it at work and passing it to my family.

By *isalionessWoman  over a year ago

wigan

I've been off work due to child being ill...due back Monday ..I work in a food processing factory ..I stand for ten hours a day moving pots from one conveyor belt to another for 8 to ten hours a day..Some variations to the role ..minimum wage ...I left social care to do this job because of the stress and responsibilities were too much ...After 25 years of caring I couldn't do it anymore ...now I feel guilty because ibknow what they all must be going through ...clients and staff alike ...do I reaily want to go back to get mash world knowing I'm leaving my daughter at home Alone 24/7 even if she's nearly an adult ..These are scary times and im torn.

After a bit of advice as I can't currently find a definite answer online. I'm a social care worker but am currently off work with a back injury but will be going back in 2 weeks. I'm a single parent to 3 children. I work a range of morning/afternoon and night shifts on a 3 week rota basis. When I go back, they would ordinarilly go to my parents. Both are under 60 and in good health so not classed as vulnerable and my mother is a key worker herself (semi retired bank nurse) my Dad is retired. With Boris' latest instructions last night about not moving between households, would this be seen as an exception due to my work, for them to go to my parents house?? Their schools are open for keyworkers who "have no other childcare options" but would not be appropriate for the hours I work, specifically night shifts.

By *lackxroseCouple  over a year ago

Toddington/Chalton

Both key workers here but one critical key worker. Even got my letter to say why I’m on the road. Teacher and Telecoms BB TV and phone

Both my daughter's are key workers ... One with severe autistic teen-agers the other a primary school teacher .. so proud of them ... But so proud of everyone who is going their bit ... Makes me proud to be British x

Physiotherapist here, had to shave off my beard so i can wear a mask as well

Hillside desolate

"After a bit of advice as I can't currently find a definite answer online. I'm a social care worker but am currently off work with a back injury but will be going back in 2 weeks. I'm a single parent to 3 children. I work a range of morning/afternoon and night shifts on a 3 week rota basis. When I go back, they would ordinarilly go to my parents. Both are under 60 and in good health so not classed as vulnerable and my mother is a key worker herself (semi retired bank nurse) my Dad is retired. With Boris' latest instructions last night about not moving between households, would this be seen as an exception due to my work, for them to go to my parents house?? Their schools are open for keyworkers who "have no other childcare options" but would not be appropriate for the hours I work, specifically night shifts. "

No its not an exception, I only know because there's a few people in my work in the same situation, they've been told to use the school provision for keyworkers as their parents aren't an option.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I posted the below on another thread in respond to a user who doesn't seem to get it and when they were out today they met up with a family member.

The more I've read on these forums it becomes bewildering the amount of people either acting stupid regarding the very clear rules set out or worse just don't feel they have to follow them.

How many of the NHS workers who are been worked into the ground in the hospitals fighting on the front lines to saves lives then feel they need to also post videos of themselves in tears begging people to just sit at home and follow the rules to give them and the NHS a fighting chance!

The news and social media has featured numerous today.

There are key workers in many different roles been stretched to their limit / breaking point. They don't want your thanks, applause, gratitude. They want your support by following All the government guidelines which are designed to stop the NHS collapsing under the strain.

If you want to help stay in doors follow the rules and help to flatten the infection curve enough that the NHS can make it through this unprecedented threat.

Stay safe, be kind and dont break the rules.

KJ x

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

To almost reiterate the point I just made within seconds of my post above I received the following text.

"GOV.UK ALERT CORONAVIRUS New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info and exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives."

I just pray this message finally sinks in with some people.

KJ x

"After a bit of advice as I can't currently find a definite answer online. I'm a social care worker but am currently off work with a back injury but will be going back in 2 weeks. I'm a single parent to 3 children. I work a range of morning/afternoon and night shifts on a 3 week rota basis. When I go back, they would ordinarilly go to my parents. Both are under 60 and in good health so not classed as vulnerable and my mother is a key worker herself (semi retired bank nurse) my Dad is retired. With Boris' latest instructions last night about not moving between households, would this be seen as an exception due to my work, for them to go to my parents house?? Their schools are open for keyworkers who "have no other childcare options" but would not be appropriate for the hours I work, specifically night shifts.

No its not an exception, I only know because there's a few people in my work in the same situation, they've been told to use the school provision for keyworkers as their parents aren't an option. "

What about overnight, what were they advised? I will obviously seek official confirmatiom before I return to work but just wondered

Hillside desolate

"After a bit of advice as I can't currently find a definite answer online. I'm a social care worker but am currently off work with a back injury but will be going back in 2 weeks. I'm a single parent to 3 children. I work a range of morning/afternoon and night shifts on a 3 week rota basis. When I go back, they would ordinarilly go to my parents. Both are under 60 and in good health so not classed as vulnerable and my mother is a key worker herself (semi retired bank nurse) my Dad is retired. With Boris' latest instructions last night about not moving between households, would this be seen as an exception due to my work, for them to go to my parents house?? Their schools are open for keyworkers who "have no other childcare options" but would not be appropriate for the hours I work, specifically night shifts.

No its not an exception, I only know because there's a few people in my work in the same situation, they've been told to use the school provision for keyworkers as their parents aren't an option.

What about overnight, what were they advised? I will obviously seek official confirmatiom before I return to work but just wondered "

Those that were affected have either had their shifts changed so they can use the schools, or been given paid leave where thats not possible.

Paramedic here busy working every shift I can!

What about overnight, what were they advised? I will obviously seek official confirmatiom before I return to work but just wondered

Those that were affected have either had their shifts changed so they can use the schools, or been given paid leave where thats not possible."

Okee doke. Thankyou for taking the time to reply

Key worker here, start of the food chain

Never thought I would be calling my job that lol

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

I have staff literally falling to pieces through exhaustion & the psychological impact on them & thinking of our families.

Yet they put themselves back together and walk back to the people that need us.

This is relentless & unless you are seeing it you'll never hopefully know how ravaging & destructive this is. We are losing key staff to this disease - those who have walked that walk. And we see this.

Please please - there are no money pockets in shrouds - stay at home. Tell your family, friends, neighbours - anyone - stay at home! We need your help - stay at home!

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Nhs worker here.

Doing ok just tired.

Thanks so much to all the other essential workers out there.

All I ask of that those of you who don't have to work and have the privilege of being able to stay at home to avoid this thing please please do exactly that.

You will make our jobs easier and hopefully it will be over much faster.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Farmer keeping you all fed... doesn’t get much more key than that does it... remember that when this is all over!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I have staff literally falling to pieces through exhaustion & the psychological impact on them & thinking of our families.

Yet they put themselves back together and walk back to the people that need us.

This is relentless & unless you are seeing it you'll never hopefully know how ravaging & destructive this is. We are losing key staff to this disease - those who have walked that walk. And we see this.

Please please - there are no money pockets in shrouds - stay at home. Tell your family, friends, neighbours - anyone - stay at home! We need your help - stay at home!

"

I salute you and all your colleagues. Keep spreading the word. Still too many people believe they are not at risk themselves, everyone needs to understand this virus is a killer maybe then we will all take more care!!

By *olourful coupleCouple  over a year ago

Newton Abbot

Still working.. I manage a large team of support workers within complex mental health, it has been vitally essential to be on the floor working alongside these amazing staff, giving them an outlet for their fears and the psychological impact this is having on every individual. I'm knackered! But together we got this!

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"My biggest bug bare right now is people moaning they are bored...

...I've had to remove quite a few people from my life who don't seem to get the stress we are under and are just sulking because they can't go to the pub

WELL SAID

If you think you might be at least 1% fuckwit STAY AT HOME.

STAY AT HOME

STAY AT HOME

STAY AT HOME

Just finished another night shift, three more to go before the weekend starts.

Somerset

Its crazy to here of the range of workers still getting up and getting it done...

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I'm a key worker and only last Wednesday was issued protective clothing equipment which includes hand gel. I haven't had the opportunity to buy hand gel since February and I work with the vunerable. So thanks to the hoarders for this who don't think about others. Plus I can't believe how many messages I still get from men asking to meet in person when I put on my status flirting only.

I've been observing the reasons why certain people died from coronavirus. They had this in common: being overweight, drinking and smoking. So before these selfish people think its ok to have house parties and bbqs and they don't think are immune to this disease: good luck! Sorry but getting really frustrated and annoyed now with the morons in our society. Please call the police if you see people congrating in groups. Thanks

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I'll throw in a should out to the prison service. I know most don't care for the people we look after and rightly so but in we go, day in day out with colleagues facing an ever more angry, confused and bored population of sometimes highly dangerous individuals. The risk of assault at work was very high before we took away their visits and limited their regime.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

FFS....shout out

Maintenance engineer still working as we have to keep the building running , but in times like this you do what you have to do and not worry about the consequences

I work in an operating theatre which we have had to use turn into an intensive care unit with loads of ventilator beds. It makes me sad & angry to see people that ignore the Goverment advice, if only they could see the suffering of the people that get this virus. Also putting myself at risk to try and help people but seeing others just acting like nothing is wrong. Please stay indoors and stay safe and help us to stop the spread of Covid-19.

Sorry rant over

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Key worker here, I, m a mobile home carer so see a lot of vulnerable elderly people in thier own homes, they are so scared, many live on thier own and we are thier lifeline.

k

By *offee27Man  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Work delivering dairy products to supermarkets. Demand is so high but there is no shortage of food

Just got home from France after my first night shift

Physiotherapist in hospital here, made me shave my beard of to wear masks lol. So many key workers from all areas, proud of you all.

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

Still working (forecourt attendant)

Still working here. I deal with refrigeration systems mainly at hospitals and food distribution and production at the moment meant to be starting emergency temporary mortuarys next week

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Key worker back In work on monday

» Add a new message to this topic