FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Only 2 people can go out.

Only 2 people can go out.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I watched boris yesterday as he talked about it and he said if your friend wants to meet you you have to say no, how will this 2 people thing work you reckon how will it be policed?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it wont be, we dont have enough police as it is

Not working , I just saw four men walking down the street together

Two people if it isn’t from your household.

We have a household of three. We can leave the house together.

A few miles from where I live, police are stopping cars and asking why they’re travelling. I’m assuming they’re asking people as well.

"Two people if it isn’t from your household.

A few miles from where I live, police are stopping cars and asking why they’re travelling. I’m assuming they’re asking people as well. "

They wont get much of an answer out of the cars, they should just ask the driver

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I watched boris yesterday as he talked about it and he said if your friend wants to meet you you have to say no, how will this 2 people thing work you reckon how will it be policed?"

Personal responsibility

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

So if you can go out to exercise can you drive to the place you want to do the exercise?

"it wont be, we dont have enough police as it is"
That is right, it will be hard to police as there isnt enough police for it.

By *uriousKinksterMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

"So if you can go out to exercise can you drive to the place you want to do the exercise?"

I didn't see anything about that in the address last night, so it's not really clear. I'd assume that's fine though - the parks are still open and they're not on everyone's doorstep, and it's not been explicitly banned.

By *ptimus758Man  over a year ago

brentwood

I think it's just a time where we now just need to understand and respect the decision that has been given, it's been given for our health and safety but more importantly for the sake of our NHS, in the grand scheme of things it's only a short time out of the rest of our lives, why can't people just accept this and stop trying to find loopholes, hopefully after this 3 weeks we can see a reduction in confirmed cases and lives lost, I'm self employed I need to work to support my family..... But at the same time I'm no good to them if I'm dead

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"So if you can go out to exercise can you drive to the place you want to do the exercise?

I didn't see anything about that in the address last night, so it's not really clear. I'd assume that's fine though - the parks are still open and they're not on everyone's doorstep, and it's not been explicitly banned. "

Yeah I wasn't sure about this either

Loughborough

"it wont be, we dont have enough police as it isThat is right, it will be hard to police as there isnt enough police for it."

If people carry on as they were over the weekend, it wouldn't be a surprise if the army was drafted in to help, but then it really is scary times. Be nice if folks could be responsible short term, and get all this over with quickly.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"So if you can go out to exercise can you drive to the place you want to do the exercise?"

What do you think is sensible

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"So if you can go out to exercise can you drive to the place you want to do the exercise?

I didn't see anything about that in the address last night, so it's not really clear. I'd assume that's fine though - the parks are still open and they're not on everyone's doorstep, and it's not been explicitly banned. "

Also technically driving is "fine" you are encased and removed from others, so going for a drive in itself should be fine. Technically.

As usual they are being very vague on their explainations of the whole thing. They are still trying to avoid a "lockdown" through true force and still allow basic human freedom. It is still open to abuse and has so many cracks in it that relies on common sense and the public being sensible.

By *heffmMan  over a year ago

sheffield

it isn't rocket science, just listen to the advice and stop doing anything you can to look for ways around it !!!

Loughborough

"I think it's just a time where we now just need to understand and respect the decision that has been given, it's been given for our health and safety but more importantly for the sake of our NHS, in the grand scheme of things it's only a short time out of the rest of our lives, why can't people just accept this and stop trying to find loopholes, hopefully after this 3 weeks we can see a reduction in confirmed cases and lives lost, I'm self employed I need to work to support my family..... But at the same time I'm no good to them if I'm dead "

Yep, even non-Tory supporters, anti-government individuals, and conspiracy theorists are going to have a hard time conjuring up a nefarious reason for world governments to cripple their own economies and cause global panic.

They're doing this because the alternative is a huge loss of life and the health services around the world falling apart, which affects all of us.

Far better to grin and bear it in the short term than elongate the process any more than it has to be. They just need to do whatever it takes to police people - and that includes (in my opinion) making a real example of panic buyers or those flouting the rules. I've heard first-hand accounts of people fighting over food, fighting to get into shops the second they open, and even stealing things out of people's baskets. That shit has got to stop.

"I think it's just a time where we now just need to understand and respect the decision that has been given, it's been given for our health and safety but more importantly for the sake of our NHS, in the grand scheme of things it's only a short time out of the rest of our lives, why can't people just accept this and stop trying to find loopholes, hopefully after this 3 weeks we can see a reduction in confirmed cases and lives lost, I'm self employed I need to work to support my family..... But at the same time I'm no good to them if I'm dead "

An intelligent response, will wonders never cease

Loughborough

I didn't see anything about that in the address last night, so it's not really clear. I'd assume that's fine though - the parks are still open and they're not on everyone's doorstep, and it's not been explicitly banned.

Also technically driving is "fine" you are encased and removed from others, so going for a drive in itself should be fine. Technically.

As usual they are being very vague on their explainations of the whole thing. They are still trying to avoid a "lockdown" through true force and still allow basic human freedom. It is still open to abuse and has so many cracks in it that relies on common sense and the public being sensible. "

True but didn't they say a few days ago that all non-essential travel is a no-go now? I get that it's a bit nitpicky to argue that driving to a park for daily exercise is technically not essential if you can walk the streets by your home, and I'd highly doubt the police will (at present) penalise you for it, but it'd have been good to have Boris clarify that during or shortly after the address.

Annoyingly, my car was smashed up a month ago and its due to come back Friday, so I was looking forward to going for a drive, but I'm now unsure whether or not that's allowed. Also it's a pretty easy 'get out of jail free' card if you're stopped by the police and you're doing something you shouldn't be "just out for a drive officer".

I bet most of people will ignore what bj said..

"I think it's just a time where we now just need to understand and respect the decision that has been given, it's been given for our health and safety but more importantly for the sake of our NHS, in the grand scheme of things it's only a short time out of the rest of our lives, why can't people just accept this and stop trying to find loopholes, hopefully after this 3 weeks we can see a reduction in confirmed cases and lives lost, I'm self employed I need to work to support my family..... But at the same time I'm no good to them if I'm dead

Yep, even non-Tory supporters, anti-government individuals, and conspiracy theorists are going to have a hard time conjuring up a nefarious reason for world governments to cripple their own economies and cause global panic.

They're doing this because the alternative is a huge loss of life and the health services around the world falling apart, which affects all of us.

Far better to grin and bear it in the short term than elongate the process any more than it has to be. They just need to do whatever it takes to police people - and that includes (in my opinion) making a real example of panic buyers or those flouting the rules. I've heard first-hand accounts of people fighting over food, fighting to get into shops the second they open, and even stealing things out of people's baskets. That shit has got to stop. "

100%. People need to stop fucking about or the army really will be used to support the police and no one wants that. I can’t belive people are still minding about as if nothing has changed, this is above politics or toilet roll. It’s about people’s lives.

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Someone just posted a pic on fb of cov town centre, looks alot busier than it should be , silly people

By *ittleREDridingWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

There’s a silver lining to people’s stupidity ... the army will soon be patrolling the streets shame I won’t be seeing them though cos I’m good girl and staying in

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

This is great..I always used to have to lie to friend's that I didn't want to go out with..now I've the perfect excuse..well done Boris

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

furrher info will be coming to local police soon about how it is policed I’m sure. I’d imagine a fine based system

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

First day is obviously going to be full of confusion and "mistakes" especially based on the vague details that were given.

Some none essential employers are walking a fine line, while others have completely shutdown for the foreseeable future.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You seem to manage this a lot shag, can you check which section you are putting your post in before you post please

I have moved it to the right section

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I watched boris yesterday as he talked about it and he said if your friend wants to meet you you have to say no, how will this 2 people thing work you reckon how will it be policed?

Personal responsibility

"

^^^ this.

It's about the safest way to move around outside to minimise the spread of infection.

Noone should need to be told by a police officer how to behave in these circumstances, but I guess they have the powers to deal with the extreme digressors.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Trackers on your phone and CcTv most probably

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Pretty amazing that it needs to be policed at all...

"Not working , I just saw four men walking down the street together "
police were out in force today dispersing groups of people and handing out fines where I live (Kent)

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Pretty amazing that it needs to be policed at all..."

This

I am amazed at the people who don't seem to get it

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Not working , I just saw four men walking down the street together police were out in force today dispersing groups of people and handing out fines where I live (Kent)"

It really is unbelievable, they must be people who develop anxiety issues when ordered to do something!

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

" police were out in force today dispersing groups of people and handing out fines where I live (Kent)"

Which is definitely strange as according to the BBC website it isn't on the statute books yet

"The first hurdle is to get them on to the statute book; although the prime minister said the restrictions on travel and gatherings would come into effect immediately, police don't have the powers to enforce them yet,"

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"Two people if it isn’t from your household.

A few miles from where I live, police are stopping cars and asking why they’re travelling. I’m assuming they’re asking people as well. "

We’re carrying a six pack of strongbow in the boot at all times , so if pulled on the way to/from a meet we can say we’ve been out for essential shopping.

Im joking of course.

These measures are a little ambiguous and mostly unenforceable for a reason. The government is desperately trying to get people to use common sense and to social distance and isolate sensibly, but alas the bulk of the population, and many here it seems , are far to thick to get it.

"Pretty amazing that it needs to be policed at all...

This

I am amazed at the people who don't seem to get it"

Why? I've said in numerous threads that a lot of teh UK public are both thick and ignorant and it's all "me,me, me". I'm lucky that my family are a great bunch and every one of them will comply with what's been said. For me, if you've been brought up properly and you've got a decent set of morals you'll do what is required.

All my close mates will tow rank as well

There will, however, be whole families saying "fuck you" tho and hopefully they're caught and absolutely hammered by the powers that be.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"Pretty amazing that it needs to be policed at all...

This

I am amazed at the people who don't seem to get it

Why? I've said in numerous threads that a lot of teh UK public are both thick and ignorant and it's all "me,me, me". I'm lucky that my family are a great bunch and every one of them will comply with what's been said. For me, if you've been brought up properly and you've got a decent set of morals you'll do what is required.

All my close mates will tow rank as well

There will, however, be whole families saying "fuck you" tho and hopefully they're caught and absolutely hammered by the powers that be."

You also have to remember the same measures are really not needed on the London Underground and airports, to the local village pub. The government could have acted more sensibly, and so could the public.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

tell the hoodie youths this lol

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I watched boris yesterday as he talked about it and he said if your friend wants to meet you you have to say no, how will this 2 people thing work you reckon how will it be policed?"

If people would just do what they are asked, it won't need to be policed. I honestly can't believe so many people are just ignoring it, it's really very sad.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

You cannot drive to Moriarty for bedroom exercise

Just check with local council website a few local parks next to me are open only to walk or cycle, but no cars are allowed to drive in and park up

"You seem to manage this a lot shag, can you check which section you are putting your post in before you post please

I have moved it to the right section"

Yes I can do that.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It can’t be policed but you would want people to be sensible and considerate of others.

Lots of police on the streets , more police than public , which is a good sign , same as my local Tesco’s , more staff than customers, maybe people are listening now , went for a bike ride around my local park and it was very busy

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I drive to where i walk my dogs

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"it wont be, we dont have enough police as it isThat is right, it will be hard to police as there isnt enough police for it.

If people carry on as they were over the weekend, it wouldn't be a surprise if the army was drafted in to help, but then it really is scary times. Be nice if folks could be responsible short term, and get all this over with quickly. "

Did someone mention the army? I might nett myself a strong muscly soldier then! ‘Care for a cuppa soldier?’

The company i work for is classed as essential work xx we have been told by powers that be that we've got to carry them for everything we do xx in a few days both police and army will be on the streets enforcing the laws xx fines will be high and swift xx

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Police are out on the streets and are stopping people, and asking them where they are going/what they are doing.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

[Removed by poster at 25/03/20 06:48:08]

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"It can’t be policed but you would want people to be sensible and considerate of others. "

This^

But, I do think if you're sensible and take the right precautions meeting a friend for a quick chat or walk would bebe perfectly ok and also beneficial in regards to mental health.

What we're gonna learn from this is that it is nigh on impossible to change human nature. As a species we are naturally communal, 

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Well they've already broken up a BBQ party and started to issue fines.

Loughborough

"Well they've already broken up a BBQ party and started to issue fines. "

Didn't think fines had officially started yet as the legislation isn't due to pass until Thursday or something like that? Unsure if they can fine people on some other grounds in the meantime or not though.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

It shouldn't need to be policed. People need to take personal responsibility to not put people in harms way.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I went to my local park at 8 aM...it's 500 meters fro where I live walked 1.5 laps around then walked to Tesco express to get essentials and some harribo / cookies

That's enough excersie for today

"I went to my local park at 8 aM...it's 500 meters fro where I live walked 1.5 laps around then walked to Tesco express to get essentials and some harribo / cookies

That's enough excersie for today "

What is it with Swingers and Haribo?

By *edoriartyCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

You cannot drive to Moriarty for bedroom exercise "

That's fine I'll just bang her in the park then

M

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

You cannot drive to Moriarty for bedroom exercise

That's fine I'll just bang her in the park then

M"

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

As usual they are being very vague on their explainations of the whole thing. They are still trying to avoid a "lockdown" through true force and still allow basic human freedom. It is still open to abuse and has so many cracks in it that relies on common sense and the public being sensible. "

On here I said about maybe driving to a pond to take my son fishing. I got serious abuse. But I'm a scumbag/single man. On reflection it is probably an unnecessary journey and disrespectful of the marvelous NHS

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Well they've already broken up a BBQ party and started to issue fines.

Didn't think fines had officially started yet as the legislation isn't due to pass until Thursday or something like that? Unsure if they can fine people on some other grounds in the meantime or not though. "

Heard it 3rd hand but I was told that on Tuesday a group of lads hanging about in the park were rounded up by the police. They were subsequently taken home and each parent awarded a £30 spot fine

No you can't. They say walk or bicycle. You do not need to drive to go exercise

X

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

You can't meet in groups of two or more yet Boris hasn't closed all non essential workplaces. There's 100+ people in my place at the one time. Even if you observe social distancing, it's only a matter of time before people start to get infected. His delays are costing lives.

Should there be a tighter restriction if the people dont follow it?

» Add a new message to this topic