FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Question for diabetics and asthmatics

Question for diabetics and asthmatics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Has anyone else on here suffer with diabetes, asthma and blood pressure?

If so what are you doing are you working or isolating?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nly us 4448Couple  over a year ago

London

I suffer with Asthma. I was working up until last week. My Asthma started playing up a bit and was advised to isolate for 14 days as I live with others. Now the company has closed its doors for the time being so as much as I want to go bk to work when the 14days are up i can't now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Type 2 diabetic here, getting on with daily life observing government guidelines where possible. Up until yesterday I was keeping out of packed situations, like busy aisles in supermarkets, just common sense stuff really.

I have asthma but not working and limiting my social contact to the bare minimum. I'm not working though because I was training for a new job in the care sector when all this broke so my job is on hold for the foreseeable

Asthma and type 2 diabetes.

For the last couple of weeks I have been avoiding social gatherings and trying to limit my contact with people as much as possible.

As of today, I am self isolating except walking my dogs in the evening when there isn't really anyone around.

It helps that I live in a small town and most people here seem to be being sensible.

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

Asthmatic here, and my wife had PD, so both at risk. We’ve been self isolating for about 10 days so far which is OK apart from not being able to see or look after grandchildren.

Asthma, key worker so still working until I'm told otherwise or I get symptoms.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Asthma, key worker so still working until I'm told otherwise or I get symptoms. "

Same but working at home 5 days instead of the 3 I normally do

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

depends on how bad the asthma is, Im still working as I provide animal feed among other things and they keep eating.

It will be what it will be, between 1 and 3 % of us will likely die with this virus far far more will die from cancer etc, dying isnt great so making the most of the days I have left, if its 1 or many thousand

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Has anyone else on here suffer with diabetes, asthma and blood pressure?

If so what are you doing are you working or isolating?"

under the rules of the Civil Service i got "sent on special leave" so basically self isolating...

we have been told 12 weeks... apparently a lot of people have asked if we can come in an at least help out... to which the answer from the higher ups have been no...

so... 11 weeks at least to go!!!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I have an autoimmune disease. I'm above the vulnerable threshold but I'm isolating as much as possible.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Ben gets asthma so we have been self isolating for two weeks now luckily we do not have to work but missing the family

By *ust A TeaserMan  over a year ago

Preston

Asthma and high blood pressure with an underlying heart condition. So far I’m golden, zero symptoms. I’ve been told to stay home from my employer and I’ve been sticking to government advice!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I'm asthmatic. I've been in isolation the past two weeks so far. A colleague went to a conference in which several attendees fell ill and tested positive, so my colleagues (whom I'd been in contact with) were asked to self-isolate for 7 days.

My daughter came down with a cough and my wife came down with flu-like symptoms (temp, sweats, headaches, etc) for a few days. So we've all been home. Nothing progressed any further and all feeling fine now. I'd be very interested if we get post-viral testing in place to see if we did have a mild infection here.

My asthma has actually been amazingly well over the past year, and I've come off all medication completely. Only needed ventolin once in that time. Considering I've ended up in hospital for weeks in the past due to asthma attacks this was an amazing improvement (oddly coincided with getting a dog?!). However in the past week, I've decided to start back up on inhaled steroid (Clenil) just in case.

But for now, I'm just being extra cautious.

-Matt

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I'm a Diabetic T2 but it's well under control plus I've no other underlying health issues, serious or not!

I'd recent blood tests, in relation to health screening and these came back as showing me in very good health. A recent Diabetic Health review was the best ever.

So for me, it's a case of being sensible, using common sense and working with the rules as set out by the authorities.

My workplace has had to close, but I and colleagues have been retained on payroll, so our stress levels are reduced.

bournemouth

I'm asthmatic. I've been in isolation the past two weeks so far. A colleague went to a conference in which several attendees fell ill and tested positive, so my colleagues (whom I'd been in contact with) were asked to self-isolate for 7 days.

My daughter came down with a cough and my wife came down with flu-like symptoms (temp, sweats, headaches, etc) for a few days. So we've all been home. Nothing progressed any further and all feeling fine now. I'd be very interested if we get post-viral testing in place to see if we did have a mild infection here.

My asthma has actually been amazingly well over the past year, and I've come off all medication completely. Only needed ventolin once in that time. Considering I've ended up in hospital for weeks in the past due to asthma attacks this was an amazing improvement (oddly coincided with getting a dog?!). However in the past week, I've decided to start back up on inhaled steroid (Clenil) just in case.

-Matt"

Be careful with the steroids that stop inflammation as its is believed that the body causes inflammation as a defence against this virus, ventolin should be ok, interesting that in France the pharmacist was dead against use of ANY anti inflammatory meds including diclofenac and ibuprofen during this period

Asthmatic here.

Classed as a key worker during this, but not taking enough of my steroid inhaler to warrant being classed as needed to be shielded. Instead I’m soo NG social distancing as much as possible, including wearing gloves and washing hands and clothes as soon as I get in from work.

I have the 2nd worse kind of asthma you can get (the worst one is well over 90% mortality rate and usually die before diagnosed ) not worrying but in 12 weeks isolation ... chest infections/flu/phenomena can all kill me

Such is life ...

"I have the 2nd worse kind of asthma you can get (the worst one is well over 90% mortality rate and usually die before diagnosed ) not worrying but in 12 weeks isolation ... chest infections/flu/phenomena can all kill me

Such is life ... "

Luckily it's incredibly rare on the positive ... bad luck for me

Asthma and on immunosuppressants. I'm shielding for 12 wks, along with my two children.

To all the fellow asthmatics,

Keep yourselves safe

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I have had mild symptom and my Asthma which is normally under control hasn't been

It's fine - as. Abit wheezy but managing

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

My mum has asthmas, high blood pressure and type 2 Diabetes. She is working (Runs her own Care Agency) but she has said nobody is to enter her office, they have to chat from the doorway.

She feels its reassuring for the staff to know a Manager is working with them rather than her working from home and the staff being out in the Community, giving it a “them and us feeling” as she thinks it would cause disharmony.

I’m not entirely happy about it as she’s my mum and my only relative (apart from my kids) but she’s a stubborn woman. She’s washing hands when coming in from work and then is tucked away in her room and me and the kids are in our room.

She’s taking her normal medication. She did say if she had a letter from the Hospital whose care she is under then she would work from home. She’s 68.

"My mum has asthmas, high blood pressure and type 2 Diabetes. She is working (Runs her own Care Agency) but she has said nobody is to enter her office, they have to chat from the doorway.

She feels its reassuring for the staff to know a Manager is working with them rather than her working from home and the staff being out in the Community, giving it a “them and us feeling” as she thinks it would cause disharmony.

I’m not entirely happy about it as she’s my mum and my only relative (apart from my kids) but she’s a stubborn woman. She’s washing hands when coming in from work and then is tucked away in her room and me and the kids are in our room.

She’s taking her normal medication. She did say if she had a letter from the Hospital whose care she is under then she would work from home. She’s 68.

"

Wow! What an example but staying safe is important too! Take care y'all

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

I have Asthma and early onset emphysema so I'm just not going out. if I have to food shop I'll just keep well away or get a friend to do it for me.

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

-Matt

Be careful with the steroids that stop inflammation as its is believed that the body causes inflammation as a defence against this virus, ventolin should be ok, interesting that in France the pharmacist was dead against use of ANY anti inflammatory meds including diclofenac and ibuprofen during this period "

Really that’s interesting to read my 4 year old has asthma and increased his steroid inhaler in strength and dose we have all been in isolation due to us all having symptoms

bournemouth

-Matt

Be careful with the steroids that stop inflammation as its is believed that the body causes inflammation as a defence against this virus, ventolin should be ok, interesting that in France the pharmacist was dead against use of ANY anti inflammatory meds including diclofenac and ibuprofen during this period

Really that’s interesting to read my 4 year old has asthma and increased his steroid inhaler in strength and dose we have all been in isolation due to us all having symptoms "

Dont take my word for it but do some research and ask your doc,

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

-Matt

Be careful with the steroids that stop inflammation as its is believed that the body causes inflammation as a defence against this virus, ventolin should be ok, interesting that in France the pharmacist was dead against use of ANY anti inflammatory meds including diclofenac and ibuprofen during this period "

Hadd this discussion with my GP today - the problem is that NSAID's have a known interaction with respiratory problems - my PF goes down by ten to fifteen percent when I'm on NSAIDs, which I've been on recently for a neurological / orthopadic problem. So for the time being I'm back on opioids - not sure about steroids and Covid 19 but they're the usual first line after clenil / salbutamol for my annual asthma / chest infection debacle.

Mr Icebreaker

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Asthma here. Inhaler dose is not high enough to be included on the shielding list. However, I’m currently on my 4th course of steroids in 10 months! AsthmaUk advised stricter social distancing.

I work as a postie and social distancing is not something that’s happening, despite what rm say. Offices are too small to ensure sorting frames are 2m apart and parcel sorting is still being done shoulder to shoulder. They are meant to be stopping van sharing but it’s not happened in all offices yet. There is no ppe or hand sanitiser as they can’t get hold of it. The advice is to wash hands regularly but with everywhere closed, there is nowhere once out on delivery to pop to the loo and do that.

This virus has me very worried because of how my asthma is at the moment and I want to do everything I can to avoid catching. With this in mind, I have stayed off work and my gp is issuing a sick note for 4 weeks initially

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I'm (lou) diabetic and asthmatic and was given 2 weeks holiday and 10 weeks full pay paid leave or sign a waver saying I chose to carry on working despite there offer.

Please Please Please follow the Government guidelines about at risk/vulnerable groups.

Diabetes is a risk factor doesn't matter if its type 1 or two or diet controlled.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

As a key worker I'm working f/t.

» Add a new message to this topic