FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Environmental impact of Covid 19

Environmental impact of Covid 19

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

As the world struggles to cope with the Covid 19 pandemic, is it possible to take solace in the prospect that the global shutdown of some manufacturering, flights and reduced vehicle usage may have a positive and significant effect on the climate?

Already this year, unprecedented levels of flooding has been brought about by rain.

Rain is nature's way of controlling the Co2 levels in the atmosphere; Co2 readily dissolves in water where it runs off to be dispersed in the sea.. this is the normal Co2 cycle...

It was discovered about 10 years ago by NASA that excess Co2 levels trapped heat in the upper atmosphere and actually prevented rain my the normal process of convection creating thunderstorms, instead, as we have seen recently, huge rain clouds building until they are so saturated we end up with months of normal rainfall in days or droughts in other places..

We had passed that critical point many years ago and are in a self perpetuating incline with a failing Co2 cycle..

I'm not going to attribute the current nice weather to the current situation, the true display of any change will be a reduction in sea temperature.

However, in all this horror of people hiding away, becoming ill and sadly a small number dying, the benefit that this may demonstrate should give world leaders the impetus to prevent a far greater humanitarian chrisis in the future..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aisyRayneCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

The largest contributor to the climate emergency is the agricultural farming industry by a huge margin, so unless they're about to cease operations too climate change will only be slowed down for a brief and fleeting period of time.

All the while, key action to reverse the damage we've done to the environment will be put on hold whilst the world deals with the more immediate crisis of a flu pandemic. The lack of action until it is absolutely necessary we've seen from governments worldwide is, unfortunately, a good indicator of how they'll deal with the the climate emergency.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So we're all dead the planet will flourish

Excellent idea

"So we're all dead the planet will flourish

Excellent idea"

I'm not dead yet....

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Excellent idea"

I don't think he's suggesting killing off the global population. Is he?

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Excellent idea

I don't think he's suggesting killing off the global population. Is he? "

No, of course not!

Just the humans.

Some humans will survive, as I'm sure wetherspoons will so stop panicking people, you will still get cheap beer..

» Add a new message to this topic