FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Home kits for testing

Home kits for testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy4youxx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Pontefract

Great news they should be available next week so you can test yourself for the virus xx stay safe my lovelies xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

That will really good news , where did you get this info from ?

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

And how much will they be ? If I take a test and it comes back pregnant then it the immaculate conception

Pontefract

Thousands of 15-minute home tests for coronavirus will be delivered by Amazon to people self-isolating with symptoms or will go on sale on the high street within days, according to Public Health England (PHE), in a move that could restore many people’s lives to a semblance of pre-lockdown normality.

Prof Sharon Peacock, the director of the national infection service at PHE, told MPs on the science and technology committee that mass testing in the UK would be possible by next week.

The UK government has bought 3.5m tests, which the health secretary, Matt Hancock, mentioned on Tuesday with no suggestion that they would be available to the public so quickly, and is ordering millions more.

Pontefract

I get updates on my phone that came from the guardian x can copy and paste the info in bits adverts are getting in way lol

Pontefract

The test, which looks like a pregnancy test and involves pricking the finger to produce a drop of blood, which is then analysed by the device, will first be validated in Oxford to ensure it works as well as scientists hope. That will happen this week, Peacock said, and it will then be available to test healthcare workers and also the general public.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope these are used responsibly and not just by the worried well and for shits and giggles.

Pontefract

Several million tests have been purchased for use. These are brand new products. We have to be clear they work as they are claimed to do,” she said. “Once they have been tested this week and the bulk of tests arrive, they will be distributed into the community.”

Amazon has agreed to carry out distribution and the tests will also go on sale in chemist shops.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Good news!

Pontefract

Asked if they would be available in days rather than weeks or months, Peacock said: “Yes, absolutely.” If there was a charge for them, she thought it would be minimal, she said.

Widespread availability of a fingerprick test that produces results in 10 to 15 minutes is a game-changer. NHS doctors and nurses with symptoms will know immediately whether they have – or have recovered from – Covid-19, enabling them to get back to work sooner.

Pontefract

NHS workers or anyone else will be able to know if they have had the virus and are therefore immune, which means they could resume their normal lives, no longer having to work from home or keep their distance from other people. It is widely thought that having Covid-19 makes people immune to the disease or that if they get it a second time, they do not transmit it.

Pontefract

Sorry having to copy it bit by bit

Pontefract

The test detects the presence of IGM, an antibody that arises very early on in the infection, and IGG, which is increased in the body’s response to the virus. The results of some of the tests on order can be read by anyone, but others would need to be interpreted by healthcare professionals.

The UK is not the only country ordering in the antibody tests. “Tests are being ordered across Europe and elsewhere and purchased in south-east Asia. This is widespread practice. We are not alone in doing this,” said Peacock.

Pontefract

That's it sorry again it's in sections xx this will be good news for everyone xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fantastic would be good to just get tested if your a key worker!

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"Fantastic would be good to just get tested if your a key worker! "

I was just thinking the exact same thing as I read the thread.

I would be able to go back to doing what I do and my clients’ wellbeing and mental health would improve as a result.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Is these home tests to find out if you’ve had it or if you have got it??

You can only find out if you have it by going to hospital apparantly

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Sp hope this is true. All members of our home are in isolation, all of us with symptoms.

By *atandasmileMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"That's it sorry again it's in sections xx this will be good news for everyone xx"

Thanks for going through the trouble to post. Good news indeed. As long as those trials go well...

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Is these home tests to find out if you’ve had it or if you have got it??

You can only find out if you have it by going to hospital apparantly "

Exactly what we were told,unless in the ICU no test will take place

Pontefract

You can only find out if you have it by going to hospital apparantly "

It can apparently test if you have it and have had it and recovered by a smoke of your blood x

Pontefract

You can only find out if you have it by going to hospital apparantly

Exactly what we were told,unless in the ICU no test will take place "

The test detects the presence of IGM, an antibody that arises very early on in the infection, and IGG, which is increased in the body’s response to the virus. The results of some of the tests on order can be read by anyone, but others would need to be interpreted by healthcare professionals.

Pontefract

Dunno where smoke came from on my phone lol meant a drop of your blood

Pontefract

"Sp hope this is true. All members of our home are in isolation, all of us with symptoms. "

Fingers crossed as I'm also in isolation atm but feeling much better on day 3

By *atandasmileMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Dunno where smoke came from on my phone lol meant a drop of your blood "

I did wonder

I mean, I knew it was drop, not smoke, but wondered where it came from.

Unless you're a vampire recovering from nicotine addiction who made a Freudian slip?

rotherham

So hope this is true

Pontefract

"Dunno where smoke came from on my phone lol meant a drop of your blood

I did wonder

I mean, I knew it was drop, not smoke, but wondered where it came from.

Unless you're a vampire recovering from nicotine addiction who made a Freudian slip? "

Nope quit smoking 10 yrs ago lol

Pontefract

"So hope this is true"

Me too will keep you lot updated if I hear more xx

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

Currently Public Health England are only testing people who are being admitted to hospital any spare capacity being used for testing critical NHS staff and their families to allow return to work if negative ( or it seems certain political choices eg the Prince of Wales)

Antibody testing has been developed but not fully tested- I would not want people to think they can start mixing based on testing as immune on these tests.

The ones that have just finished trials in America can give results in 15 minutes.

Vice president pence may give an update later.

Medical science is working very hard to help everyone as quickly as possible and I know a lot of these are women who are testing and developing these kits.

I salute them

By *abuma65Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

all sounds a bit more positive posters thanks for info and agree we will all still need to remain vigilant x

Results and information on testing kits is being shared thoughout the world.

It's amazing the cooperation going on to defeat this.

Even Amazon and apple are sending millions of masks etc.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

All very dangerous to give these out in public circulation there will be problems!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Apparently only for key workers not thr general public

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

First 3 million for key workers only, by local boots pharmacies

Pontefract

"Apparently only for key workers not thr general public"

They are testing them yes and if they work they will be available to buy so everyone will be able to use, but yes think your right they will be doing key workers first and that's the right thing to do x and then available to the general public

Pontefract

"All very dangerous to give these out in public circulation there will be problems! "

What makes you think this ? If they have been properly tested like they are stating they are going to be ... I would love to be able to test my family and loved ones to make sure we ok x

"Apparently only for key workers not thr general public

They are testing them yes and if they work they will be available to buy so everyone will be able to use, but yes think your right they will be doing key workers first and that's the right thing to do x and then available to the general public "

not for a few weeks yet though

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

No such test exists, sorry

not yet approved

"No such test exists, sorry"
it does they are discussing it on the question time right now

the wetlands

"No such test exists, sorry it does they are discussing it on the question time right now "

Would be great if it did, but it doesn't Amazon won't be selling it when it does.

By *loria JamesTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

According to the experts on the PMs press conference they are still waiting for a test.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"No such test exists, sorry it does they are discussing it on the question time right now

Would be great if it did, but it doesn't Amazon won't be selling it when it does."

It doesn't exist as an antibody test yet but its very close in the pipeline. According to BBC news, the Govt has pre purchased 3.5 million tests and approached companies like Amazon to distribute the kits to people to use at home. This suggests that the tests would be sent on a targeted basis, at least at first, to people who need to use it. It makes no sense to sell as a free for all.

By *ylvialonglegsTV/TS  over a year ago

Neath

Copy a linky please

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"All very dangerous to give these out in public circulation there will be problems!

What makes you think this ? If they have been properly tested like they are stating they are going to be ... I would love to be able to test my family and loved ones to make sure we ok x "

I get that and would like to test myself and family but while the virus is spreading comes questions, if you are clear do you go out and about, how long before you re test yourself as if you do go out you probably will be exposed to the virus, I still think the test to see if you have had it is more useful.

the wetlands

"No such test exists, sorry it does they are discussing it on the question time right now

Would be great if it did, but it doesn't Amazon won't be selling it when it does.

It doesn't exist as an antibody test yet but its very close in the pipeline. According to BBC news, the Govt has pre purchased 3.5 million tests and approached companies like Amazon to distribute the kits to people to use at home. This suggests that the tests would be sent on a targeted basis, at least at first, to people who need to use it. It makes no sense to sell as a free for all. "

Amy kits available (when and if) will be used by health care professionals to test people, most likely NHS staff and new admissions

There is zero, in fact less than zero chance if it were possible that these kits will be sent out to the general public by Amazon or anyone else

the wetlands

"All very dangerous to give these out in public circulation there will be problems!

What makes you think this ? If they have been properly tested like they are stating they are going to be ... I would love to be able to test my family and loved ones to make sure we ok x

I get that and would like to test myself and family but while the virus is spreading comes questions, if you are clear do you go out and about, how long before you re test yourself as if you do go out you probably will be exposed to the virus, I still think the test to see if you have had it is more useful. "

Testing your family would have no significant impact numless you are shielding a vulnerable person who got a letter. Why would the government send you a kit ?

North West

"Copy a linky please"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51943612

Definitely says the Govt has approached Amazon to distribute. I'm not making it up folks, just reading the Beeb.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

If this is true it would of course be excellent news. However, what about the millions that would come back negative? Presumably they would all still have to isolate

Like a nurse said this morning, she could test negative today but pick up the virus tomorrow

the wetlands

"Copy a linky please

Definitely says the Govt has approached Amazon to distribute. I'm not making it up folks, just reading the Beeb. "

Maybe distribute to hospitals etc but not homes

Not saying never but not in the foreseeable future

And no kit for exists suitable for home use anyway

the wetlands

"Copy a linky please

Definitely says the Govt has approached Amazon to distribute. I'm not making it up folks, just reading the Beeb. "

No it doesn't say that lol

North West

"Copy a linky please

Definitely says the Govt has approached Amazon to distribute. I'm not making it up folks, just reading the Beeb.

No it doesn't say that lol"

And I quote:

"The government said it has bought 3.5 million of the tests and plans to make them available "very soon".

It has also approached companies like Amazon to deliver test kits to people which they could take at work or at home, according to a report by the Financial Times."

Amazon approached to deliver test kits to people which they could use at work or home.

Yes, this is hypothetical at the moment because the kits aren't immediately available, but apparently we've put dibs down on 3.5 million of them for when they are ready.

the wetlands

"Copy a linky please

And I quote:

"The government said it has bought 3.5 million of the tests and plans to make them available "very soon".

It has also approached companies like Amazon to deliver test kits to people which they could take at work or at home, according to a report by the Financial Times."

Amazon approached to deliver test kits to people which they could use at work or home.

Yes, this is hypothetical at the moment because the kits aren't immediately available, but apparently we've put dibs down on 3.5 million of them for when they are ready. "

And how many of those 3.5 millon will be used to test NHS staff ?

I'm not saying you're makeing it up but the media love sensationalism

From the bbc link posted, the last 6 words are important ....

It has also approached companies like Amazon to deliver test kits to people which they could take at work or at home, according to a report by the Financial Times.

North West

Let's be fair, the FT is generally a decent source of info. I'd hope that whoever is the delivery boy, that the kits would be prioritised for key workers. It doesn't say SELLING on Amazon, it says Amazon to deliver. Makes sense seeing as they have a ready made supply system. I'd imagine the Govt will earmark tests for the NHS and other key workers first with Amazon being the organisation to chuck it on the doorstep.

I'm a scientist, not a sensationalist

"If this is true it would of course be excellent news. However, what about the millions that would come back negative? Presumably they would all still have to isolate

Like a nurse said this morning, she could test negative today but pick up the virus tomorrow "

100% agree.

the only safe way to protect the wider public is lock down unless you have had the virus and its been confirmed.

The test otherwise is only good for the day its taken and covers the 14 days prior to that.

Just like a sexual health test only covers you up to the day of the test.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I was very poorly back in February, not for very long but I haven't felt that rough before, I'd be interested to know if I've had it but I'll be waiting until the frontline workers and symptomatic people have been tested first. The lockdown is just an inconvenience for me, not a major issue.

North West

"I was very poorly back in February, not for very long but I haven't felt that rough before, I'd be interested to know if I've had it but I'll be waiting until the frontline workers and symptomatic people have been tested first. The lockdown is just an inconvenience for me, not a major issue. "

We were both ill but not horrifically so, with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 but before it was officially in the UK. In our job, we come into contact with people from across the world and I specifically met visitors from China who came into the UK only for brief meetings at at time when it was definitely circulating there, but before China told the world. I'm also curious to find out, eventually.

Pontefract

"Copy a linky please

And no kit for exists suitable for home use anyway"

Can you please read what it says before distributing your negativity this gives people hope ... if you actually take the time to read and digest what I said and bother to look it up on the updates on news etc you will see I'm telling truth!

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Copy a linky please

And I quote:

Yes, this is hypothetical at the moment because the kits aren't immediately available, but apparently we've put dibs down on 3.5 million of them for when they are ready.

And how many of those 3.5 millon will be used to test NHS staff ?

I'm not saying you're makeing it up but the media love sensationalism

From the bbc link posted, the last 6 words are important ....

none of 3.5 million kits that will be available in the near future are for Joe public. They are solely meant for NHS workers, front line workers. This was clearly said in today's government briefing

Test,test and test again, everyone, all the time. Great news if this comes about.

the wetlands

"Copy a linky please

And no kit for exists suitable for home use anyway

Can you please read what it says before distributing your negativity this gives people hope ... if you actually take the time to read and digest what I said and bother to look it up on the updates on news etc you will see I'm telling truth! "

And I'm sorry I'm not telling you what you want to hear, but it's a fact, not negativity.

There is no test available

When it becomes available it will not be for home use

Most of not all the 3.5 million will be used by the NHS to test staff, they are important

It does not matter wether you have it or have had it, unless you are really I'll it's unlikely you'll be tested anytime soon.

The BBC and the financial times are not virologists and they are not doctors, they are trying to second guess

The latest government conference confirmed there is no test.

Pontefract

I think this is the link

Have look decide for yourself xx

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

"I think this is the link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days"

Watch the PMs briefing tonight and this was specifically answered.

There is no test

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days"

To be fair, I wouldn't trust the press to be 100% reliable info.

I'd look at gov.uk or NHS website or academic journals or websites.

the wetlands

The guardian lol

There's your problem right there

Pontefract

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days

Watch the PMs briefing tonight and this was specifically answered.

There is no test "

I will after I have had my wine and watched charmed xx everyone needs a little hope in this time of craziness xx

Pontefract

The guardian lol

There's your problem right there"

Lol I don't trust papers either but my lodger did say it was on news x

the wetlands

The guardian lol

Lol I don't trust papers either but my lodger did say it was on news x "

It was on the news at teatime

The PM and whoever stood up and said there wasn't one

Pontefract

The guardian lol

The PM and whoever stood up and said there wasn't one"

That's not what he said to me x but I e been trying to get away from it all tonight only so much you can take lol so had a nice bottle of wine while watching some DVDs x my self isolating finishes sat can ring work Sunday and they then want me back working Monday x stay safe everyone

The guardian lol

The PM and whoever stood up and said there wasn't one"

what was said is that they have one but they want to evaluate it first.. if its proved to work effectively then then it will be issued to nhs staff and key workers first and then the public.

They also said they were focusing mainly on the tests to see who has it now x

the wetlands

The guardian lol

The PM and whoever stood up and said there wasn't one what was said is that they have one but they want to evaluate it first.. if its proved to work effectively then then it will be issued to nhs staff and key workers first and then the public.

They also said they were focusing mainly on the tests to see who has it now x "

Until it's been tested and validated, which may be more than a week, there isn't one

Once there is one it's extremely unlikely it will available for "home testing" Anytime soon

The guardian lol

The PM and whoever stood up and said there wasn't one what was said is that they have one but they want to evaluate it first.. if its proved to work effectively then then it will be issued to nhs staff and key workers first and then the public.

Until it's been tested and validated, which may be more than a week, there isn't one

Once there is one it's extremely unlikely it will available for "home testing" Anytime soon"

there is a test.. they just want to check it first as they said it's a very new area. And till they have evaluated it they wont be shipping it out . So they so have a test.. they just have no idea If it's any good or not

Pontefract

The guardian lol

Once there is one it's extremely unlikely it will available for "home testing" Anytime soon there is a test.. they just want to check it first as they said it's a very new area. And till they have evaluated it they wont be shipping it out . So they so have a test.. they just have no idea If it's any good or not "

Wow is all I can say to negativity stop it guys it's in testing stop with your killing ppl hope till its actually been killed.... it Is still been tested AND GIVING US HOPE

The guardian lol

Once there is one it's extremely unlikely it will available for "home testing" Anytime soon there is a test.. they just want to check it first as they said it's a very new area. And till they have evaluated it they wont be shipping it out . So they so have a test.. they just have no idea If it's any good or not

Wow is all I can say to negativity stop it guys it's in testing stop with your killing ppl hope till its actually been killed.... it Is still been tested AND GIVING US HOPE "

it is wrongly reported though.

I'd rather not have false hope.

This is taken mostly from the report on the briefing today...

The UK government has bought 3.5m tests – which reveal whether someone has had the virus and is therefore thought to have some immunity – and is ordering millions more, it has said.

At the prime minister’s daily press conference on Wednesday, the government’s medical and scientific advisers said they needed to be certain the tests worked before they could be made available.

“The key thing for us to do is evaluate – are these tests accurate enough to be used by the general public?” said Chris Whitty, chief medical officer. “If they are incredibly accurate, we will work out the quickest way to release them. If they are not accurate, we will not release any of them.”

The tests would, he said, “completely transform what we can do” – but were not as important as the antigen tests which are used to diagnose Covid-19 in sick hospital patients.

Boris Johnson said they would make the antibody tests available when they could. “We will do it as soon as possible,” he said. “We are massively ramping up our testing programme.”

So we will have to wait and see

Please be careful posting stuff like this- there is a difference between antibody( exposure to the virus) and PCR ( being infected.

I feel sorry for the Chief Medical officer - the government are not coordinating this very well.

Home year kits should not be made available freely for a new novel

Virus during a pandemic- it’s the job of the NHS- these results need to be recorded and will give a much better understanding of the how this virus is spreading

Utter madness

"Please be careful posting stuff like this- there is a difference between antibody( exposure to the virus) and PCR ( being infected.

I feel sorry for the Chief Medical officer - the government are not coordinating this very well.

Home year kits should not be made available freely for a new novel

Virus during a pandemic- it’s the job of the NHS- these results need to be recorded and will give a much better understanding of the how this virus is spreading

Utter madness"

they did say that the results would need to go to a central test centre... and they did mention the two types of tests needed but said that they arent testing enough of one..and the other is under evaluation

Pontefract

The guardian lol

Once there is one it's extremely unlikely it will available for "home testing" Anytime soon there is a test.. they just want to check it first as they said it's a very new area. And till they have evaluated it they wont be shipping it out . So they so have a test.. they just have no idea If it's any good or not

Wow is all I can say to negativity stop it guys it's in testing stop with your killing ppl hope till its actually been killed.... it Is still been tested AND GIVING US HOPE it is wrongly reported though.

I'd rather not have false hope.

This is taken mostly from the report on the briefing today...

The UK government has bought 3.5m tests – which reveal whether someone has had the virus and is therefore thought to have some immunity – and is ordering millions more, it has said.

At the prime minister’s daily press conference on Wednesday, the government’s medical and scientific advisers said they needed to be certain the tests worked before they could be made available.

“The key thing for us to do is evaluate – are these tests accurate enough to be used by the general public?” said Chris Whitty, chief medical officer. “If they are incredibly accurate, we will work out the quickest way to release them. If they are not accurate, we will not release any of them.”

The tests would, he said, “completely transform what we can do” – but were not as important as the antigen tests which are used to diagnose Covid-19 in sick hospital patients.

Boris Johnson said they would make the antibody tests available when they could. “We will do it as soon as possible,” he said. “We are massively ramping up our testing programme.”

So we will have to wait and see

"

let's Wait and see NOT dash Hope's xxx sorry if I have got it wrong but was really hoping it was right .... BUT now I'm not so sure ....

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

The guardian lol

Wow is all I can say to negativity stop it guys it's in testing stop with your killing ppl hope till its actually been killed.... it Is still been tested AND GIVING US HOPE "

Look here's a bit of fucking hope for you - we will get through this, most of us, if we keep up the isolation, won't be harmed, and I hope we will come out the other end as a better society. That's hope, it's not spouting spurious news stories. We don't need false hope, we need to be realistic and be informed and be caring. If you want to share some information you think could be relevant that's fair enough, but don't have a go at other people for being "negative" if the information they have doesn't back yours up.

rotherham

Just been on news this morning that we can’t get them

Frontline people only

the wetlands

"

Nobody is being negative

Spreading lies is not positive

It makes people complacent

There is NO HOME TEST KIT

There may well NEVER be a home test kit

This is not pregnancy testing

If there was a home test kit and someone used it wrong and got a false negative who is going to be responsible for the ensueing deaths that person could be responsible for

Please grow up and drop it

It's not happening.

» Add a new message to this topic