FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Newsnight

Newsnight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

I'd recommend anyone to watch newsnight tonight (weds) especially the interview by Emily matlis.

Yes this is unprecedented but NHS staff wearing bin bags as protective clothing?

Once this is all over we need a proper no holds barred enquiry into how this has been handled.

That matt Hancock was raving yesterday about ordering x number of protective masks.

That should have been done 3 months ago you slimy fucking gobshite.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bin bags? If it wasn't so tragic it would be a farcical comedy. Carry on Covid.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"I'd recommend anyone to watch newsnight tonight (weds) especially the interview by Emily matlis.

Yes this is unprecedented but NHS staff wearing bin bags as protective clothing?

Once this is all over we need a proper no holds barred enquiry into how this has been handled.

That matt Hancock was raving yesterday about ordering x number of protective masks.

"

I totally agree. MH is like he's trying to catch a bouncing rugby ball with a bin bag over his head.

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

It seriously ain't for sale now.

No price can be put on something so precious.

F*** off you orange c***.

Reclaim Virgin Care too.

By *arkndirtyMan  over a year ago

sale

I'm NHS and really hope that in the aftermath people stop referring to the PM as 'our Boris' but as someone who should be held to account. The thing is our electorate don't care for facts, experts or statistics so little hope there.

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Maybe if the politicians had accepted the Brexit result and not jammed the the political agendas with obstructions, then just maybe we would of been more prepared for this.

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

Tory Mandate, still saying he doesnt recognise the NHS.

If hospitals are under prepared, why arent hospital managers getting the flack, they order the consumables!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Its a farce that the NHS is so short of vital stuff like hazmat suits and face masks.

It's come to the point that demolition and construction companies have been donating their own protective equipment to hospitals.

"Its a farce that the NHS is so short of vital stuff like hazmat suits and face masks.

It's come to the point that demolition and construction companies have been donating their own protective equipment to hospitals."

Hazmat suits? I know it’s more contagious than flu, but think that’s a step too far for this one.

I have heard the staff are buying their own goggles and face masks. Let’s hope the companies who’ve been asked to step up production do so pretty sharpish.

"Maybe if the politicians had accepted the Brexit result and not jammed the the political agendas with obstructions, then just maybe we would of been more prepared for this.

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

If hospitals are under prepared, why arent hospital managers getting the flack, they order the consumables!

"

Or just maybe, the Brexit vote, led to a drop in nurses coming here from other countries. Still, who needs facts eh?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"I'd recommend anyone to watch newsnight tonight (weds) especially the interview by Emily matlis.

"

3 months ago this was not even a fart in the wind. Get a grip.

You don't have suits just sat on shelves just in case. No one does. Hence all the countries of the world ordering this stuff at once.

3 months ago the British public were not interested in loo roll and hand sanitisation. Just whether there was enough turkey.

As a democracy I think we are doing OK, but the real test will be in 2-4 weeks. If we get no surge or just a mini surge then I think that will be deemed as effective public health.

There is no way to avoid it and numbers will rise. But they want to keep deaths in the 20k region rather than the 250k region.

I also love how lots of free market companies are now expecting state bail outs. I'm sure they were all keen for higher taxes 3 months ago.

Similarly lots of people 3 months ago would have said we pay too much on welfare. Now suddenly its not enough because they are the ones who need it.

You don't have suits just sat on shelves just in case. No one does. Hence all the countries of the world ordering this stuff at once.

3 months ago the British public were not interested in loo roll and hand sanitisation. Just whether there was enough turkey.

As a democracy I think we are doing OK, but the real test will be in 2-4 weeks. If we get no surge or just a mini surge then I think that will be deemed as effective public health.

There is no way to avoid it and numbers will rise. But they want to keep deaths in the 20k region rather than the 250k region.

I also love how lots of free market companies are now expecting state bail outs. I'm sure they were all keen for higher taxes 3 months ago.

Similarly lots of people 3 months ago would have said we pay too much on welfare. Now suddenly its not enough because they are the ones who need it.

"

Totally. Our current political cohort were arguing for a low tax, low regulation economy. A perfect shit storm is now showing how utterly ridiculous that is.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Each NHS trust has its own procurement department and is responsible for ordering its own stock. How procurement is managed is altogether a different argument however its well known that some trusts were already on their arse prior to any of this so to expect them to have vast stocks of stuff they didn’t need....or expect to need anytime soon is ridiculous.

As for Emily Maitlis, her sole intention in any interview is to undermine the government. The BBC seriously need to rethink their approach as despite their approach they aren’t appealing to the masses anymore and keep backing the wrong horse.

Surely each and every health board gets advice from the government when a crisis is expected. It is the government who are supposed to be overseeing the potential of things like this to happen and plan ahead. The individual health boards neither have the cash or the resources to disaster plan to this extent, it's their job to take advice from the government and their experts who look at threats of all kinds. In my view this government and those which came before it have fucked up and they are still fucking it up!

Newsnight, Maitlis, BBC, lost all objectivity since Paxman left.

Maybe if China had stepped up sooner to tackle the crisis they started the UK and the rest of the world might not be standing on the precipice edge, I doubt Labour or anyone other domestic political party would've been better prepped for this one. NHS staff would still be wearing bin liners had Corbyns cult win the 2019 GE.

COVID-19 is an unprecedented global event that no one could have envisioned, yes,world war has always been prepped for, but not this and Maitlis & Co with their posturing really aren't helping things.No, that's more to do with the BBC bias & the fact that the licence fee will probably be scrapped & dear old aunty will be funded differently.

liverpool

"Bin bags? If it wasn't so tragic it would be a farcical comedy. Carry on Covid.

"

They have had to wear bin bags and borrow protective goggles from their children.

liverpool

"Maybe if the politicians had accepted the Brexit result and not jammed the the political agendas with obstructions, then just maybe we would of been more prepared for this.

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

"

Nothimg to do with Brexit.

They have been in power since..what 2010?

The Tories want to shrink the state as much as much as possible..its in their DNA.Johnson is on record saying he wants to provitise it.It honestly wouldnt surprise me when this is all over the argument that a more "competitive'NHS Is the way forward.

"Bin bags? If it wasn't so tragic it would be a farcical comedy. Carry on Covid.

They have had to wear bin bags and borrow protective goggles from their children."

From their children? Do lots of kids have protective goggles?

liverpool

"

It began in January.We are now nearly in april.Protective clothes should have been the no 1 priority.

What do you mean my welfare?

liverpool

They have had to wear bin bags and borrow protective goggles from their children.

From their children? Do lots of kids have protective goggles? "

From science lessons guess?

Watch it.Its coming from NHS staff.

liverpool

"Newsnight, Maitlis, BBC, lost all objectivity since Paxman left.

Maybe if China had stepped up sooner to tackle the crisis they started the UK and the rest of the world might not be standing on the precipice edge, I doubt Labour or anyone other domestic political party would've been better prepped for this one. NHS staff would still be wearing bin liners had Corbyns cult win the 2019 GE.

COVID-19 is an unprecedented global event that no one could have envisioned, yes,world war has always been prepped for, but not this and Maitlis & Co with their posturing really aren't helping things.No, that's more to do with the BBC bias & the fact that the licence fee will probably be scrapped & dear old aunty will be funded differently.

"

If you really think the Bbc is biased towards labour..I couldn't even argue with that type of delusion.

Can you provide any actual evidence the bbc is biased towards labour?

We dont know if labour would have done worse its irrevelant.

If you can sit through that last night and say they are doing a good job,I give up.

liverpool

Watch it.Its coming from NHS staff."

It's in the mirror today.

Dr had to borrow her sons chemostry goggles

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

If the BBC could we'll all be dropping our things at 6pm and standing up to allegiance with a new national anthem to Boris

liverpool

"Each NHS trust has its own procurement department and is responsible for ordering its own stock. How procurement is managed is altogether a different argument however its well known that some trusts were already on their arse prior to any of this so to expect them to have vast stocks of stuff they didn’t need....or expect to need anytime soon is ridiculous.

As for Emily Maitlis, her sole intention in any interview is to undermine the government. The BBC seriously need to rethink their approach as despite their approach they aren’t appealing to the masses anymore and keep backing the wrong horse. "

You think the gmnt should not be asked questions?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Its a farce that the NHS is so short of vital stuff like hazmat suits and face masks.

It's come to the point that demolition and construction companies have been donating their own protective equipment to hospitals."

Rubbish you cannot be ready for this sort of thing

We where short of everything at the start of both world wars more the second it happens nobodys fault get real

liverpool

It's come to the point that demolition and construction companies have been donating their own protective equipment to hospitals.Rubbish you cannot be ready for this sort of thing

We where short of everything at the start of both world wars more the second it happens nobodys fault get real"

In ww1 we were a world superpower.

In ww2 we were up against a superior enemy.

I'd say its someones fault if the nhs are not fully prepared 3 months into the outbreak of a virus.

NW London

It's come to the point that demolition and construction companies have been donating their own protective equipment to hospitals.Rubbish you cannot be ready for this sort of thing

We where short of everything at the start of both world wars more the second it happens nobodys fault get real"

By this point in the spread there is no reason why NHS workers should be on the wards without adequate basic protective equipment, it's not hard to source and inexpensive.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

The Tories want to shrink the state as much as much as possible..its in their DNA.Johnson is on record saying he wants to provitise it.It honestly wouldnt surprise me when this is all over the argument that a more "competitive'NHS Is the way forward.

"

After this we need to destroy the austerity agenda. People before profit. Right now it's even more obviously costing lives.

liverpool

We where short of everything at the start of both world wars more the second it happens nobodys fault get real

By this point in the spread there is no reason why NHS workers should be on the wards without adequate basic protective equipment, it's not hard to source and inexpensive.

"

Exactly.

liverpool

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

After this we need to destroy the austerity agenda. People before profit. Right now it's even more obviously costing lives."

Cant see it tbh.You have even had people on here talking about how it will effect the economy.

Manchester (she/her)

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

After this we need to destroy the austerity agenda. People before profit. Right now it's even more obviously costing lives.

Cant see it tbh.You have even had people on here talking about how it will effect the economy.

"

I'm going to fucking try.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 12:21:47]

liverpool

Been fudging the figures too.

That's why the rate was down yesterday

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

We’re having the same problems here. We have ZERO test kits, we’ve just received 2 boxes of masks and we’re still waiting on PPE’s and face shields/goggles.

Nurses should never re-use PPE’s but yet they are.

Where are our supplies? According to Mr. Trump, all healthcare providers are well equipt to handle in coming medical cases for now with additional supplies being sent. Sent from where?

So many questions unanswered...

Manchester (she/her)

"We’re having the same problems here. We have ZERO test kits, we’ve just received 2 boxes of masks and we’re still waiting on PPE’s and face shields/goggles.

Where are our supplies? According to Mr. Trump, all healthcare providers are well equipt to handle in coming medical cases for now with additional supplies being sent. Sent from where?

So many questions unanswered..."

I think your problems are much worse

Please take care of yourself.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"We’re having the same problems here. We have ZERO test kits, we’ve just received 2 boxes of masks and we’re still waiting on PPE’s and face shields/goggles.

So many questions unanswered..."

Take care out there Lorraine. All health workers are in front line of this madness.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Dr had to borrow her sons chemostry goggles"

If its in the daily mirror it has to be true.

liverpool

So many questions unanswered...

Take care out there Lorraine. All health workers are in front line of this madness. "

liverpool

Dr had to borrow her sons chemostry gogglesIf its in the daily mirror it has to be true. "

I suggest you get in touch with dr bec meredith and call her a liar to her face.

A couple of years ago I read a book about contagion. It basically said that the world health organisation meet once a week in a sealed room to discuss the issues world

Health faces.. Their biggest fear of all isnt plague typhoid etc but flu. Based on the effects of the Spanish flu outbreak in 1918. No government started planning for this crisis because of in my opinion, they treated the outbreak in china as a localised epidemic. Once it was clear that it was running out of control in china. The w h o should have immediately declared a pandemic, especially with international travel so easy. It was only when cases emerged in other countries, did they declare a pandemic.

liverpool

"A couple of years ago I read a book about contagion. It basically said that the world health organisation meet once a week in a sealed room to discuss the issues world

Health faces.. Their biggest fear of all isnt plague typhoid etc but flu. Based on the effects of the Spanish flu outbreak in 1918. No government started planning for this crisis because of in my opinion, they treated the outbreak in china as a localised epidemic. Once it was clear that it was running out of control in china. The w h o should have immediately declared a pandemic, especially with international travel so easy. It was only when cases emerged in other countries, did they declare a pandemic. "

Didnt they only declare it a pandemic when the markets crashed?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

It's not normally hard to source a bit like bog roll but when you suddenly ramp up requirements many fold it takes time to ramp up supplies

NW London

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

"

The economy is a very real concern as it will be the younger generation who will be the ones to bear the brunt of it potential through job losses, wage reductions, decreased public spending and potentially lowered life expectancies.

liverpool

It's not normally hard to source a bit like bog roll but when you suddenly ramp up requirements many fold it takes time to ramp up supplies "

Of course it takes time but 3 months and surely on your list of priorities..protection for front line workers would be near the top.

Added to the fact they are being very evasive with the true figures

liverpool

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

The economy is a very real concern as it will be the younger generation who will be the ones to bear the brunt of it potential through job losses, wage reductions, decreased public spending and potentially lowered life expectancies."

Peoples lives are a priority.

All the examples you give have been happening for the last 10 years anyway (wages,life expectancy)

I totally agree. MH is like he's trying to catch a bouncing rugby ball with a bin bag over his head."

He always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights to me.

But I think the whole handling of this has been a shambles by this government.. people who are not working and not getting money... nhs workers who are front line soldiers not getting the right equipment and tests.. .and the whole shambles of who is and who is not on the shielded list is a fucking joke.

They make bold statements every day...but that's all it is as nothing is happening.

A bunch of public school kids running the country without a fucking clue

Test kits have been made since January by a company called Biopanda- they had been exporting this abroad and privately selling them- then there is the story of Dr Mark Ali

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/exposed-the-doctor-who-got-2-5m-in-a-week-from-coronavirus-tests-78hd6wqfv

Honestly a doctor profiteering from Covid 19 and legally.

How could a government allow this to happen when we should have been stock piling

liverpool

"Test kits have been made since January by a company called Biopanda- they had been exporting this abroad and privately selling them- then there is the story of Dr Mark Ali

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/exposed-the-doctor-who-got-2-5m-in-a-week-from-coronavirus-tests-78hd6wqfv

Honestly a doctor profiteering from Covid 19 and legally.

How could a government allow this to happen when we should have been stock piling"

Google owen Patterson mp

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government party underfunded the NHS for 10 years, so it is no surprise that they have insufficient stock. 2 weeks ago Johnson was prioritising getting herd immunity, so the staff would have been inundated with severe cases, whilst not protected or being tested.

The government has had monthly to prepare and plan, including ordering equipment but didn't. Jokers trying to say he's doing a good job

Nope, absolutely can not stand that Maitlis woman

"A couple of years ago I read a book about contagion. It basically said that the world health organisation meet once a week in a sealed room to discuss the issues world

Health faces.. Their biggest fear of all isnt plague typhoid etc but flu. Based on the effects of the Spanish flu outbreak in 1918. No government started planning for this crisis because of in my opinion, they treated the outbreak in china as a localised epidemic. Once it was clear that it was running out of control in china. The w h o should have immediately declared a pandemic, especially with international travel so easy. It was only when cases emerged in other countries, did they declare a pandemic.

Didnt they only declare it a pandemic when the markets crashed?"

I think so

NW London

40 new hospitals

50,000 new nurses

The economy is a very real concern as it will be the younger generation who will be the ones to bear the brunt of it potential through job losses, wage reductions, decreased public spending and potentially lowered life expectancies.

Peoples lives are a priority.

All the examples you give have been happening for the last 10 years anyway (wages,life expectancy)"

Yes as a direct result of the recession (which could be dwarfed by the coming one).

Obviously lives are a priority but we do need future planning, no point writing blank cheques with no idea how to pay for it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I also love how lots of free market companies are now expecting state bail outs. I'm sure they were all keen for higher taxes 3 months ago.

Totally. Our current political cohort were arguing for a low tax, low regulation economy. A perfect shit storm is now showing how utterly ridiculous that is."

Exactly. That said, it's what our political system has led to over the past decades; governments in power without the consent of the majority of the electorate - making decisions to suit the minority who vote for them, rather than the country as a whole.

Socialism isn't perfect but a lot of utter shite gets talked about it by politically right wing capitalists.

If there's any silver lining to Covid-19, it's that it's put the NHS beyond the reach of those who want to privatise it or open it to abuse from the USA.

#protecttheNHS

from the government

» Add a new message to this topic