FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > SME owners

SME owners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So to you other people running small to medium sized businesses (10-250 employees).

How are you coping ?

Do you think the Government help will be enough to get you through to the other side ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ltra72Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

I don’t employ anyone but I just read that anyone that’s self employed and earning Over 50 grand won’t get anything. I could of misread it though

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I don’t employ anyone but I just read that anyone that’s self employed and earning Over 50 grand won’t get anything. I could of misread it though"

There's only speculation going around at the moment. No actual figures, until the Chancellor speaks at about 5pm tonight.

I'm doing OK. Got a full order book, my main two customers are open and pushing work my way. Problems will occur, if "work" becomes "essential work". Then they and I will have to close.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I wouldn't rely on gov help to get you through to the other side.

You need a plan b and a c.

Shits going to hit the fan

edinburgh

"I don’t employ anyone but I just read that anyone that’s self employed and earning Over 50 grand won’t get anything. I could of misread it though

There's only speculation going around at the moment. No actual figures, until the Chancellor speaks at about 5pm tonight.

I'm doing OK. Got a full order book, my main two customers are open and pushing work my way. Problems will occur, if "work" becomes "essential work". Then they and I will have to close.

"

My last day working was on Monday. Not sure how long for though.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I wouldn't rely on gov help to get you through to the other side.

Shits going to hit the fan"

What would you suggest if not using the support being offered by the government

edinburgh

Shits going to hit the fan"

Yeah I’m with you there. I wouldn’t rely on them lot for anything

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I don’t employ anyone but I just read that anyone that’s self employed and earning Over 50 grand won’t get anything. I could of misread it though"

There should be an announcement tonight. Where was this info Please?

edinburgh

"I don’t employ anyone but I just read that anyone that’s self employed and earning Over 50 grand won’t get anything. I could of misread it though

There should be an announcement tonight. Where was this info Please? "

I just read it on bbc news on my phone xx

Grantham

There should be an announcement tonight. Where was this info Please? "

The Chancellor is doing the Daily Briefing at around 16.30 to 17.00 tonight.

He will announce additional measures to help the self-employed.

That’s just speculation. I think any self employed person that isn’t already taking help thru other schemes will find there’s some sort of help

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

One thing to remember.

Boris said he will protect the small businesses not the banks this time.

Whatever Boris says think the opposite.

You may get short term relief, may prop up with loans from banks etc.

Once the recession hits(which it will)

And the banks are struggling they'll save them not you.

Yeah I’m with you there. I wouldn’t rely on them lot for anything"

I’m relying on them for the support using the measures already announced. I would have got through without any help but was nice after paying so much into the system for so long to know a little will be re paid back during this difficult trading time.

edinburgh

"One thing to remember.

Boris said he will protect the small businesses not the banks this time.

Whatever Boris says think the opposite.

You may get short term relief, may prop up with loans from banks etc.

Once the recession hits(which it will)

And the banks are struggling they'll save them not you."

I think I’ll be self funding until it all blows over. They can shove the money. But unfortunately not everybody can do that. Their the ones that I feel for xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What would you suggest if not using the support being offered by the government "

I know this isn't always possible but when I/ we were self employed we had a minimum of three months bills left in the bank.

edinburgh

Yeah I’m with you there. I wouldn’t rely on them lot for anything

I’m relying on them for the support using the measures already announced. I would have got through without any help but was nice after paying so much into the system for so long to know a little will be re paid back during this difficult trading time. "

What I’m concerned about is when I put my tax return in i would need to disclose what I’ve had through handouts. Potentially I could be worse off

Grantham

What would you suggest if not using the support being offered by the government

I know this isn't always possible but when I/ we were self employed we had a minimum of three months bills left in the bank. "

It's becoming apparent that many are running their businesses on little money or using overdrafts.

Hopefully, this situation will come as a wake up call for some.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know a few people who are self employed with plenty of work, they're rubbing their hands at the prospect of free money.

Let's hope it's properly targeted.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I know a few people who are self employed with plenty of work, they're rubbing their hands at the prospect of free money.

Let's hope it's properly targeted. "

This!!!!!! There are so many people who are seeing this as a holiday with free handouts! Do people not realise that this is going to creative an unprecedented national debt that is going to take generations to clear?! The future in the UK is going to be difficult and a very different landscape.

I'm not sure how this will pan out for us as it's an ever changing picture. We have plans in place but they won't last forever, so who knows?

A lot of self employed people work for around the minimum wage as they are constantly reinvesting and this crisis will hit them hard!

I love being self employed but right now, I feel like we're up shit creak without a paddle! lol

Good luck to all of our fellow self employed colleagues. Remember that we all have a break point. Don't go into massive debt to keep your business going. The best business owners out there know when to walk away.

Vicky xxx

edinburgh

"I know a few people who are self employed with plenty of work, they're rubbing their hands at the prospect of free money.

Let's hope it's properly targeted.

This!!!!!! There are so many people who are seeing this as a holiday with free handouts! Do people not realise that this is going to creative an unprecedented national debt that is going to take generations to clear?! The future in the UK is going to be difficult and a very different landscape.

I'm not sure how this will pan out for us as it's an ever changing picture. We have plans in place but they won't last forever, so who knows?

A lot of self employed people work for around the minimum wage as they are constantly reinvesting and this crisis will hit them hard!

I love being self employed but right now, I feel like we're up shit creak without a paddle! lol

Good luck to all of our fellow self employed colleagues. Remember that we all have a break point. Don't go into massive debt to keep your business going. The best business owners out there know when to walk away.

Vicky xxx"

» Add a new message to this topic