FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The exit strategy

The exit strategy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been pondering the exit strategy and I can't really see one that's takes us back to where we were 6 weeks ago.

I was thinking that the antibody test might work, the theory is sound but the logistics are unworkable as in how do you tell the immune from the susceptible? Do you use some kind of identification? And if you do it raises the question of enforcement. Do we see check points on the streets, people carrying papers to prove there immunity status? This kind of thing would have to happen as people, as has been proved in recent days, can't be trusted and the situation will get worst the longer this goes on. Are we actually witnessing the beginning of the end of our western liberal society and the freedoms we take for granted? I sincerely hope we aren't but it's possible. One thing is for sure the world has changed forever!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Let’s concentrate on where we are now

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

If you opt for a system where those with proven antibody levels are given more freedom than those without you risk having people trying to intentionally catch the virus to gain those freedoms.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I've been pondering the exit strategy and I can't really see one that's takes us back to where we were 6 weeks ago.

I was thinking that the antibody test might work, the theory is sound but the logistics are unworkable as in how do you tell the immune from the susceptible? Do you use some kind of identification? And if you do it raises the question of enforcement. Do we see check points on the streets, people carrying papers to prove there immunity status? This kind of thing would have to happen as people, as has been proved in recent days, can't be trusted and the situation will get worst the longer this goes on. Are we actually witnessing the beginning of the end of our western liberal society and the freedoms we take for granted? I sincerely hope we aren't but it's possible. One thing is for sure the world has changed forever!"

It's just some "conspiracy theory"

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

When we do come out of this the World will be changed. We will certainly have to be very careful to make sure our rights and freedoms are maintained /restored. Not in the least a "Doris" fan but he certainly has libertarian instincts.

In other places there will be an inclination to hang onto some of these draconian powers. We would do well to remember how hard won some of our freedoms are and they the basis on which our free, open and democratic society is based... As well as government we need to be wary of some of the mega corporation....

LONG LIVE LIBERTY....!!!

By *rDynamiteMan  over a year ago

London

I dont think the way the world functions will change much permanently after this. Once enough time has passed and this is in the rear view mirror, the politicians and big businesses will revert back to their ways. History has showed us that the cycle of same mistakes will keep being repeated became humans are imperfect.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I dont think the way the world functions will change much permanently after this. Once enough time has passed and this is in the rear view mirror, the politicians and big businesses will revert back to their ways. History has showed us that the cycle of same mistakes will keep being repeated became humans are imperfect."

Are you kidding me!

The world as you know it has changed.

Society has changed!

How you look at people when they cough has changed?

There's a massive financial crisis on the way and many lives/jobs/businesses are going to be destroyed.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Let’s concentrate on where we are now"

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"If you opt for a system where those with proven antibody levels are given more freedom than those without you risk having people trying to intentionally catch the virus to gain those freedoms."

The only solution it seems is vaccines

Oh and a lot more ventilators

Lock down for years or until vaccination available

Oh shit

As for just concentrating on now

Erm no forward thinking and prempting plausable scenarios is absolutely vital

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I dont think the way the world functions will change much permanently after this. Once enough time has passed and this is in the rear view mirror, the politicians and big businesses will revert back to their ways. History has showed us that the cycle of same mistakes will keep being repeated became humans are imperfect.

Are you kidding me!

The world as you know it has changed.

Society has changed!

How you look at people when they cough has changed?

There's a massive financial crisis on the way and many lives/jobs/businesses are going to be destroyed."

On another thread you say you use scientific papers to get your news. Please can you add a thread here as to those papers that detail the financial crisis and give a number of the lives/jobs/businesses that will be destroyed. Many could mean a hundred to dome people. I know you don't want to say anything without sny proof behind it

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

We are not over this bit yet, far from it.... and even when we see the light there will be another spike....

Exit strategy.... will be around until corona is eradicated.. a long time!

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Sadly I think the exit strategy involves understanding that we (the world) will always be at risk of these outbreaks. The exit strategy either has to be finding a way of cooperating internationally to mitigate the impact of them, or accepting that a new normal is that a pandemic of some sort is always occurring.

After this they’ll definitely be a covid-21 and probably a covid-22. Vaccinations aren’t the answer because mutations happen faster than advances in healthcare technology.

Ultimately the exit strategy is acknowledging that there is always a risk and asking the elderly and frail members of whatever society they’re in to make an assessment of the risk to them and the impact of their illness on the funding of all healthcare requirements.

Of course we aren’t ready for this yet, but within a few years we will have changed our perception on the type of treatment that should be offered for the most at risk individuals. That will be considerably less than now

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Did the world change much after the Spanish flu? Less than 20 years later the world was engulfed in another global conflict so I'm guessing not....

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I've been pondering the exit strategy and I can't really see one that's takes us back to where we were 6 weeks ago.

I was thinking that the antibody test might work, the theory is sound but the logistics are unworkable as in how do you tell the immune from the susceptible? Do you use some kind of identification? And if you do it raises the question of enforcement. Do we see check points on the streets, people carrying papers to prove there immunity status? This kind of thing would have to happen as people, as has been proved in recent days, can't be trusted and the situation will get worst the longer this goes on. Are we actually witnessing the beginning of the end of our western liberal society and the freedoms we take for granted? I sincerely hope we aren't but it's possible. One thing is for sure the world has changed forever!"

Do you really think this speculating is helping anyone? By publicising your thoughts you are just causing panic to others.

This is a world changing event, we cannot go back to where we were 6 weeks ago and times will be tough for awhile but NOBODY knows what the long term effects will be, we cannot even guess because we just don't know. We need to live in the present and do what we can today to try and save what and who we can.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was thinking that the antibody test might work, the theory is sound but the logistics are unworkable as in how do you tell the immune from the susceptible? Do you use some kind of identification? And if you do it raises the question of enforcement. Do we see check points on the streets, people carrying papers to prove there immunity status? This kind of thing would have to happen as people, as has been proved in recent days, can't be trusted and the situation will get worst the longer this goes on. Are we actually witnessing the beginning of the end of our western liberal society and the freedoms we take for granted? I sincerely hope we aren't but it's possible. One thing is for sure the world has changed forever!

Do you really think this speculating is helping anyone? By publicising your thoughts you are just causing panic to others.

This is a world changing event, we cannot go back to where we were 6 weeks ago and times will be tough for awhile but NOBODY knows what the long term effects will be, we cannot even guess because we just don't know. We need to live in the present and do what we can today to try and save what and who we can. "

I'm very sorry for having the audacity to express my thoughts. Sleep tight xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think one thing we will have to deal with is this maybe endemic.

What I mean is this maybe something that science can control but not completely rid.

A bit like chicken pox it just breaks out then settles for a while.

We may even face different strains in years to come that will need different vaccines.

Yes they will reduce the risk or reduce the risk of death to that of seasonal flu.

Hopefully I will be wrong and medical science will rid this but I just have a suspicion that we will see cycles in seasons.

Here in Italy the cases are 80k it is widely reported that the expected cases are x10 therefore 1 million... Which would mean already 2% of the population has this... Best case scenario. At least double these numbers within two weeks... Therefore already 4% of the population has been infected... In the second wave this will be upto 10%...

By *sianMancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Now exit strategy until there is a vaccine. That is the exit strategy.

Demolisher was right. VR sex only, and with neural stimulation

Likely exit is herd immunity. Either through enough people having had it or vaccine. Given vaccine is at least a year off, it'll be a while.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

This is a world changing event, we cannot go back to where we were 6 weeks ago and times will be tough for awhile but NOBODY knows what the long term effects will be, we cannot even guess because we just don't know. We need to live in the present and do what we can today to try and save what and who we can.

I'm very sorry for having the audacity to express my thoughts. Sleep tight xx"

Some things are better not said when people are stressed and upset already.

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

I'm very sorry for having the audacity to express my thoughts. Sleep tight xx

Some things are better not said when people are stressed and upset already. "

We will get through this...however will the goverment learn from it

» Add a new message to this topic