FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So why did Prince Charles get a test when . . .

So why did Prince Charles get a test when . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

NHS Workers can't yet get them . . .

There were "very good reasons" to test Prince Charles for coronavirus, Scotland's chief medical officer has insisted.

Clarence House said the couple "met the criteria required for testing", but the NHS Scotland website states that "generally" people are only tested if they have "a serious illness that requires admission to hospital".

SNP MSP Joan McAlpine wished Prince Charles a speedy recovery, but added: "Given that his symptoms are said to be mild, like many I wonder how he was tested when many NHS and social care workers cannot get tested."

Source BBC News

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Because they are royalty and better than everyone else

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Many celebrities have been tested. Why focus just on prince Charles. Idris Elba for instance..

"Many celebrities have been tested. Why focus just on prince Charles. Idris Elba for instance.."

Because this was the story I was reading on the BBC website.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Maybe he paid private for it like most of us would if we had the funds

liverpool

"Maybe he paid private for it like most of us would if we had the funds "

Yeah I'm sure he did

And some of us value the NHS

"Many celebrities have been tested. Why focus just on prince Charles. Idris Elba for instance..

Because this was the story I was reading on the BBC website."

I have seen many news reports on many celebrities that have been tested with only mild symptoms. I found I odd then.. although part of me thinks its more likely to be to maybe show the huge number of over 70s that are disregarding information and advice to stay in. Part of me found It good timing that on the same day the other group ignoring it ( under 21s ) also had a 21 year old reported on

darlington

"Maybe he paid private for it like most of us would if we had the funds

Yeah I'm sure he did

And some of us value the NHS"

yes we do and it’s times like this we realise how lucky we are to have free healthcare

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I don't think you need to say anything other than we pay for this family to exist via taxes and they have huge palaces and castles we pay for and loads of staff we pay for and they are not subject to the same rules as anyone else because they play a part in making those rules.

You can say this about a lot of privileged people.

"

And some of us value the NHS yes we do and it’s times like this we realise how lucky we are to have free healthcare"

Indeed we do.

Which in order to keep NHS Workers and Carers on the front line they need to be tested BEFORE public figures with only MILD symptoms.

darlington

"I don't think you need to say anything other than we pay for this family to exist via taxes and they have huge palaces and castles we pay for and loads of staff we pay for and they are not subject to the same rules as anyone else because they play a part in making those rules.

You can say this about a lot of privileged people."

what rules do the royals make up ?

"I don't think you need to say anything other than we pay for this family to exist via taxes and they have huge palaces and castles we pay for and loads of staff we pay for and they are not subject to the same rules as anyone else because they play a part in making those rules.

we dont pay for the royal family. And they do apply to rules. He is however the next monarch... so I would think he would be tested especially as he had been in contact with our Queen. So would be tested for that reason.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a paramedic and off due to sinus infection because I have had a temp for a day I'm not allowed to work, im fine antibiotics have worked, I want a test desperatly so I can get back on the road , pisses me off as I know I'm ok

"I'm a paramedic and off due to sinus infection because I have had a temp for a day I'm not allowed to work, im fine antibiotics have worked, I want a test desperatly so I can get back on the road , pisses me off as I know I'm ok "
I dont know why they arent testing x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Because he's heir to the throne and the monarchy take precedence over everyone. The monarchy will be protected at all costs.

It's not something I agree with but it is now things are.

SouthWest Lancashire

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. what rules do the royals make up ?"

They play a part in making them. Queen has the last say in passing them, also the act of treason still exists today. Couple of examples people will know of without me having to put links.

2 tests is a drop in the ocean...but I do think that while private tests are readily available for around 300 quid ...they should pay to replace the ones they have used via the NHS. But hey they will always be in the front of the queue for a ventilator if needed...its the way of the world sadly...

"NHS Workers can't yet get them . . .

There were "very good reasons" to test Prince Charles for coronavirus, Scotland's chief medical officer has insisted.

Clarence House said the couple "met the criteria required for testing", but the NHS Scotland website states that "generally" people are only tested if they have "a serious illness that requires admission to hospital".

SNP MSP Joan McAlpine wished Prince Charles a speedy recovery, but added: "Given that his symptoms are said to be mild, like many I wonder how he was tested when many NHS and social care workers cannot get tested."

Source BBC News

"

Scotland have different set of guidelines and protocol to England. If youre Scottish then maybe you could question it.

liverpool

"Because he's heir to the throne and the monarchy take precedence over everyone. The monarchy will be protected at all costs.

It's not something I agree with but it is now things are."

Sadly it is.

"

And some of us value the NHS yes we do and it’s times like this we realise how lucky we are to have free healthcare

Indeed we do.

Which in order to keep NHS Workers and Carers on the front line they need to be tested BEFORE public figures with only MILD symptoms.

"

Abso-bloody-lutely.

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. we dont pay for the royal family. And they do apply to rules. He is however the next monarch... so I would think he would be tested especially as he had been in contact with our Queen. So would be tested for that reason. "

Agree. If the PM, Chief Medical Officer or another key leadership person was suspected ... testing would be done. The Prince of Wales is the heir to the Throne ... continuity of government is a valued element. We are all working together to tackle this. Time for petty politics is way off the mark.

darlington

No. It was stated NHS testing. "

I can’t see the problem tbh an elderly gent getting tested imagine the outcry if he went private sometimes you just can’t win

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Yeah I'm sure he did

And some of us value the NHS yes we do and it’s times like this we realise how lucky we are to have free healthcare"

It's not free.

liverpool

"2 tests is a drop in the ocean...but I do think that while private tests are readily available for around 300 quid ...they should pay to replace the ones they have used via the NHS. But hey they will always be in the front of the queue for a ventilator if needed...its the way of the world sadly..."

I had a proper argument on here last week with people saying having private health care made no difference.

By *exyparadiseWoman  over a year ago

Top secret

I was thinking the same to be honest and that is a fair point, I work for the NHS and we arent being tested just told to isolate for 14 days if we have a cough or cold

" Time for petty politics is way off the mark. "

Or maybe time for Democracy and Fair Play for a change.

liverpool

No. It was stated NHS testing. I can’t see the problem tbh an elderly gent getting tested imagine the outcry if he went private sometimes you just can’t win "

Personally I'd say a nurse putting her life on the line by treating people would come before a 71 year old with mild symptoms

darlington

Yeah I'm sure he did

And some of us value the NHS yes we do and it’s times like this we realise how lucky we are to have free healthcare

It's not free. "

it is free when was the last time you paid for treatment or to see a doctor as long as we all pay out taxes then it will always be free

Source BBC News

Scotland have different set of guidelines and protocol to England. If youre Scottish then maybe you could question it."

Oh yes, he is holidaying in Scotland, therefore putting pressure on a system outside of his own (NHS England). So he's just as selfish as all those who went "on holiday" last weekend.

"I'm a paramedic and off due to sinus infection because I have had a temp for a day I'm not allowed to work, im fine antibiotics have worked, I want a test desperatly so I can get back on the road , pisses me off as I know I'm ok I dont know why they arent testing x"

They haven't got the kits properly calibrated yet. It would be a far worse situation if the kits were say only 60% accurate!!!

Also to the paramedic above. How can you say with certainty that you're not carrying it? If you came across someone with some symptoms and they just said to you, It's ok I've not got it, it's just... Would you just accept their word for it and not take PPE precautions? Doubt it very much.

liverpool

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. we dont pay for the royal family. And they do apply to rules. He is however the next monarch... so I would think he would be tested especially as he had been in contact with our Queen. So would be tested for that reason. Agree. If the PM, Chief Medical Officer or another key leadership person was suspected ... testing would be done. The Prince of Wales is the heir to the Throne ... continuity of government is a valued element. We are all working together to tackle this. Time for petty politics is way off the mark. "

You literally contradict yourself in the same sentence.

How Is it petty politics?

darlington

No. It was stated NHS testing. I can’t see the problem tbh an elderly gent getting tested imagine the outcry if he went private sometimes you just can’t win

Personally I'd say a nurse putting her life on the line by treating people would come before a 71 year old with mild symptoms

"

can’t argue with that

I do think his position in our country would mean he had to be tested. Due to his close contact with The Queen x

salisbury

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. it is free when was the last time you paid for treatment or to see a doctor as long as we all pay out taxes then it will always be free "

It's not free. I pay national insurance. It's not optional, it's not free.

No. It was stated NHS testing. I can’t see the problem tbh an elderly gent getting tested imagine the outcry if he went private sometimes you just can’t win "

His household was tested too and it highlighted one of his minions is infected.

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. "

"at point of access". Yes, yes we all pay our NI.

liverpool

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. it is free when was the last time you paid for treatment or to see a doctor as long as we all pay out taxes then it will always be free "

It's free at point of call

I have a friend who needed an emergency OP and had to pay.

You seem very confident it will always be free.

darlington

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. it is free when was the last time you paid for treatment or to see a doctor as long as we all pay out taxes then it will always be free

It's not free. I pay national insurance. It's not optional, it's not free. "

I didn’t realise ni contribution was only for the nhs

SouthWest Lancashire

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. we dont pay for the royal family. And they do apply to rules. He is however the next monarch... so I would think he would be tested especially as he had been in contact with our Queen. So would be tested for that reason. "

If you're a monarchist we are not going to agree on monarchy opinions so that's a moot point.

They are privileged, they and everything they own is partially paid for by us and they're even used as an incentive/excuse to bring money to the country (although even if they do bring people in i don't get why people keep saying they're worth the money as they are making a loss otherwise we wouldn't be subsiding them).

salisbury

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. it is free when was the last time you paid for treatment or to see a doctor as long as we all pay out taxes then it will always be free

It's not free. I pay national insurance. It's not optional, it's not free. I didn’t realise ni contribution was only for the nhs "

Is it not for the NHS?

Source BBC News

Scotland have different set of guidelines and protocol to England. If youre Scottish then maybe you could question it.

Oh yes, he is holidaying in Scotland, therefore putting pressure on a system outside of his own (NHS England). So he's just as selfish as all those who went "on holiday" last weekend. "

Lot of hate the royalty comments on here. People need to start having more compassion and curb letting out their frustrations on something they don't like.

So he was tested... That's helped to prevent it spreading further inside the monarchy.

You may think it's a bad thing, I say so what, it's one person tested and so helps isolation within that group. Good.

I wish people would start realising how good a system we have here. Start looking at the medical bills millions in America are having to pay, or worse those who don't have medical access in hundreds of countries across the world.

Wise up guts and spread some love don't feed hatred.

darlington

Yeah I'm sure he did

You seem very confident it will always be free."

why won’t it always be free ? Unless the yanks get it then perhaps it mite change

salisbury

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free.

"at point of access". Yes, yes we all pay our NI. "

It's like saying my mobile phone is free because i don't have to put 10p in it to make a call.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

It's to divide the "why should he got it" camp to the "he deserves it" camp

darlington

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. I pay national insurance. It's not optional, it's not free. I didn’t realise ni contribution was only for the nhs

Is it not for the NHS?"

not only the nhs

"2 tests is a drop in the ocean...but I do think that while private tests are readily available for around 300 quid ...they should pay to replace the ones they have used via the NHS. But hey they will always be in the front of the queue for a ventilator if needed...its the way of the world sadly...

I had a proper argument on here last week with people saying having private health care made no difference."

Money always talks. ..

SouthWest Lancashire

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. we dont pay for the royal family. And they do apply to rules. He is however the next monarch... so I would think he would be tested especially as he had been in contact with our Queen. So would be tested for that reason. Agree. If the PM, Chief Medical Officer or another key leadership person was suspected ... testing would be done. The Prince of Wales is the heir to the Throne ... continuity of government is a valued element. We are all working together to tackle this. Time for petty politics is way off the mark. "

I don't think pointing out privilege is petty. It affects a lot of peoples lives all the time and is the one thing people hate to lose. Mainly those who have been, or still are, not privileged will be against it and those who hold it will want it to remain and justify it because they have to justify their own existence.

Source BBC News

Oh yes, he is holidaying in Scotland, therefore putting pressure on a system outside of his own (NHS England). So he's just as selfish as all those who went "on holiday" last weekend.

Lot of hate the royalty comments on here. People need to start having more compassion and curb letting out their frustrations on something they don't like.

So he was tested... That's helped to prevent it spreading further inside the monarchy.

You may think it's a bad thing, I say so what, it's one person tested and so helps isolation within that group. Good.

I wish people would start realising how good a system we have here. Start looking at the medical bills millions in America are having to pay, or worse those who don't have medical access in hundreds of countries across the world.

Wise up guts and spread some love don't feed hatred."

No hatred at all. I just hate the them and us hypocrisy.

All royalty (apart from those who married into it) are there through accident of birth.

By *ondoctorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Charlie is next inline to the thrown which like it or not is what this country is all about,for the last hundred years or so.He is privileged as are all the royal family.But i would rather live my life of freedom than theirs of functions ,dinner parties and banquets, where they cant even go out for a walk along a beach in private.In this country we dont seem to respect our heritage and history,we ok with footballers getting tested ,the heroes that they are and their wages halved to £3000 per week ,and will get re imbersed when footy season picks up again ha.Just think what the nhs could do with that money,pay parkin ,pay for district nurses to see to frail and immobile elderly,but lets give it back to the real stars .....on the pitch

liverpool

Source BBC News

Wise up guts and spread some love don't feed hatred."

I think the reason why people are pissed of Is that front line people are not being tested whilst a 71 year old with mild systems Is.

The fact Is the royal family are treated differently to "normal'people.

Their lives are worth more than ours.

You either accept that or you dont.

We are blessed to have the nhs..which begs the question why has it been savaged in the last 10 years.

Yeah I'm sure he did

You seem very confident it will always be free. why won’t it always be free ? Unless the yanks get it then perhaps it mite change "

Stealth privatisation.

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free.

"at point of access". Yes, yes we all pay our NI.

It's like saying my mobile phone is free because i don't have to put 10p in it to make a call. "

I'm agreeing with both sides .

liverpool

Yeah I'm sure he did

You seem very confident it will always be free. why won’t it always be free ? Unless the yanks get it then perhaps it mite change "

Its partially free now.

If you have the money you go to the front of the q.

Trump wants his hands on the NHS cos there Is billions to made.

"I'm a paramedic and off due to sinus infection because I have had a temp for a day I'm not allowed to work, im fine antibiotics have worked, I want a test desperatly so I can get back on the road , pisses me off as I know I'm ok I dont know why they arent testing x

They haven't got the kits properly calibrated yet. It would be a far worse situation if the kits were say only 60% accurate!!!

Also to the paramedic above. How can you say with certainty that you're not carrying it? If you came across someone with some symptoms and they just said to you, It's ok I've not got it, it's just... Would you just accept their word for it and not take PPE precautions? Doubt it very much."

Err that's why I want to be tested , why would I want to make anyone ill or take the risk. I have nooooo symptoms at all but the test that patients and good old Charlie boy and Camilla have would determine if I was a risk or not. Even though I'm very well and getting paid I'm not one to sit on my ass. Oh and I suggest u look up the PPE , We don't have any I'm having to use the same mask per shift as there isn't any

liverpool

"Charlie is next inline to the thrown which like it or not is what this country is all about,for the last hundred years or so.He is privileged as are all the royal family.But i would rather live my life of freedom than theirs of functions ,dinner parties and banquets, where they cant even go out for a walk along a beach in private.In this country we dont seem to respect our heritage and history,we ok with footballers getting tested ,the heroes that they are and their wages halved to £3000 per week ,and will get re imbersed when footy season picks up again ha.Just think what the nhs could do with that money,pay parkin ,pay for district nurses to see to frail and immobile elderly,but lets give it back to the real stars .....on the pitch"

Sorry..explain that's 'it's what the country is about line"for me.

Yeah I'm sure he did

You seem very confident it will always be free. why won’t it always be free ? Unless the yanks get it then perhaps it mite change

Its partially free now.

Trump wants his hands on the NHS cos there Is billions to made."

Think again. I live near the hospital that was the pilot for privatisation (taking in NHS patients) and it failed.

SouthWest Lancashire

"Charlie is next inline to the thrown which like it or not is what this country is all about,for the last hundred years or so.He is privileged as are all the royal family.But i would rather live my life of freedom than theirs of functions ,dinner parties and banquets, where they cant even go out for a walk along a beach in private.In this country we dont seem to respect our heritage and history,we ok with footballers getting tested ,the heroes that they are and their wages halved to £3000 per week ,and will get re imbersed when footy season picks up again ha.Just think what the nhs could do with that money,pay parkin ,pay for district nurses to see to frail and immobile elderly,but lets give it back to the real stars .....on the pitch

Sorry..explain that's 'it's what the country is about line"for me."

and explain our heritage. what did i actually inherit?

liverpool

Yeah I'm sure he did

You seem very confident it will always be free. why won’t it always be free ? Unless the yanks get it then perhaps it mite change

Its partially free now.

Trump wants his hands on the NHS cos there Is billions to made.

Think again. I live near the hospital that was the pilot for privatisation (taking in NHS patients) and it failed. "

Think they are just going to give up

Watch that john pigler doc on the NHS.Its v eye opening.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. what rules do the royals make up ?

They play a part in making them. Queen has the last say in passing them, also the act of treason still exists today. Couple of examples people will know of without me having to put links."

I thought parliament had white papers etc and the laws went through the Commons and Lords. The Queen as you say just passes them as a figurehead. I don't believe she gets a say in the rules. If I'm wrong then please show examples where she hasn't signed the laws off or has had them amended.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Because he's heir to the throne and he will have private healthcare.

To the person that said we pay for the royal family, we don't.

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 15:19:47]

darlington

"Because he's heir to the throne and he will have private healthcare.

To the person that said we pay for the royal family, we don't. "

you’ve opened a can of worms now

SouthWest Lancashire

You can say this about a lot of privileged people. what rules do the royals make up ?

They play a part in making them. Queen has the last say in passing them, also the act of treason still exists today. Couple of examples people will know of without me having to put links.

I thought parliament had white papers etc and the laws went through the Commons and Lords. The Queen as you say just passes them as a figurehead. I don't believe she gets a say in the rules. If I'm wrong then please show examples where she hasn't signed the laws off or has had them amended."

she has the final say in whether they exist or not. not sure why you don't understand that this means she plays a part in making the rules.

Dudley

To the person that said we pay for the royal family, we don't. you’ve opened a can of worms now "

I don't bloody care, we don't pay for the royal family and if we could all afford private healthcare we would get it. Simple.

Dudley

I thought parliament had white papers etc and the laws went through the Commons and Lords. The Queen as you say just passes them as a figurehead. I don't believe she gets a say in the rules. If I'm wrong then please show examples where she hasn't signed the laws off or has had them amended.

she has the final say in whether they exist or not. not sure why you don't understand that this means she plays a part in making the rules."

She literally signs a piece of paper, she doesn't interfere.

liverpool

Err..we do.

Dudley

Err..we do."

Do some research.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Many people have private healthcare these days, it’s fairly standard in many sectors, we have Bupa global for the whole family does that mean we can all get tests ?

liverpool

To the person that said we pay for the royal family, we don't. you’ve opened a can of worms now

I don't bloody care, we don't pay for the royal family and if we could all afford private healthcare we would get it. Simple. "

You have asked every single person in the country presumably?

"I'm a paramedic and off due to sinus infection because I have had a temp for a day I'm not allowed to work, im fine antibiotics have worked, I want a test desperatly so I can get back on the road , pisses me off as I know I'm ok I dont know why they arent testing x

Also to the paramedic above. How can you say with certainty that you're not carrying it? If you came across someone with some symptoms and they just said to you, It's ok I've not got it, it's just... Would you just accept their word for it and not take PPE precautions? Doubt it very much.

Err that's why I want to be tested , why would I want to make anyone ill or take the risk. I have nooooo symptoms at all but the test that patients and good old Charlie boy and Camilla have would determine if I was a risk or not. Even though I'm very well and getting paid I'm not one to sit on my ass. Oh and I suggest u look up the PPE , We don't have any I'm having to use the same mask per shift as there isn't any "

I know what PPE is mate, and your sarcasm is appreciated. I also have a few family members in the very front line to. Some have better PPE than others. If you don't have any PPE precautions then you're potentially a danger so best, though it's a hardship for you bring paid fully while millions are already really struggling, stay at home and don't spread it any further. Wait for your PPE.

Dudley

To the person that said we pay for the royal family, we don't. you’ve opened a can of worms now

I don't bloody care, we don't pay for the royal family and if we could all afford private healthcare we would get it. Simple.

You have asked every single person in the country presumably?"

So you wouldn't?

Dudley

Many people have private healthcare these days, it’s fairly standard in many sectors, we have Bupa global for the whole family does that mean we can all get tests ? "

He's also heir to the throne. You're not.

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research. "

She gets an £82 million grant which comes entirely from the tax payer

liverpool

So you wouldn't? "

I'll tell you after you have asked everyone in the country.

Bracknell

she has the final say in whether they exist or not. not sure why you don't understand that this means she plays a part in making the rules."

Where did I say she didn't take a part? I said she passes them as a figurehead. She really doesn't make the rules though does she. And you didn't give any examples where she refused to pass them. Please try harder

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

She gets an £82 million grant which comes entirely from the tax payer"

Look at the rest, not just one thing.

Many people have private healthcare these days, it’s fairly standard in many sectors, we have Bupa global for the whole family does that mean we can all get tests ? "

Think only about 10% of UK population have private health care. Also it doesn't mean you'd get the test. The new supply of testing equipment isn't ready yet and will take up to a couple weeks according to government. It was explained last night.

Dudley

So you wouldn't?

I'll tell you after you have asked everyone in the country."

SouthWest Lancashire

Err..we do.

Do some research.

She gets an £82 million grant which comes entirely from the tax payer"

and grants-in-aid

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Look at the rest, not just one thing. "

Ha ha cos that £82 million is a drop in the ocean

Must be that cleaning job she had to take.

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Must be that cleaning job she had to take."

Have you looked at what gets put back into the country?

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Have you looked at what gets put back into the country? "

No because it's a load of bollocks.

People dont visit this country to meet the queen.

SouthWest Lancashire

she has the final say in whether they exist or not. not sure why you don't understand that this means she plays a part in making the rules.

Where did I say she didn't take a part? I said she passes them as a figurehead. She really doesn't make the rules though does she. And you didn't give any examples where she refused to pass them. Please try harder"

why are you trying to argue something with me that i never said? makes no sense.

liverpool

Its estimated the queen is worth £530 million.

I don't bloody care, we don't pay for the royal family and if we could all afford private healthcare we would get it. Simple. "

Yes, and I think it's responsible of those who have private healthcare to use it. Some people see it as queue jumping, I see it as relieving an overstretched NHS.

Bracknell

Where did I say she didn't take a part? I said she passes them as a figurehead. She really doesn't make the rules though does she. And you didn't give any examples where she refused to pass them. Please try harder

why are you trying to argue something with me that i never said? makes no sense."

I'm lost. Please explain what you mean by something you never said?

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

People dont visit this country to meet the queen."

So, all the people that came over solely for the royal weddings would have come over anyway? The people that come to see Buckingham Palace? What about all the charity work the royal family do?

Over a year the royal family costs each one of us roughly £1.50.

SouthWest Lancashire

why are you trying to argue something with me that i never said? makes no sense.

I'm lost. Please explain what you mean by something you never said?"

yep you are. feel free to read again everything i already put because that answers your question.

Dudley

Yes, and I think it's responsible of those who have private healthcare to use it. Some people see it as queue jumping, I see it as relieving an overstretched NHS. "

Agreed.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://news.sky.com/story/the-royal-accounts-this-is-why-the-monarchy-cost-41-more-last-year-11748503

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://news.sky.com/story/the-royal-accounts-this-is-why-the-monarchy-cost-41-more-last-year-11748503"

PS not a lot for each of us if this is true

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

So, all the people that came over solely for the royal weddings would have come over anyway? The people that come to see Buckingham Palace? What about all the charity work the royal family do?

Over a year the royal family costs each one of us roughly £1.50. "

So what you are saying is..if we didnt have a monarchy we we would have no tourism?

As for charity thousands of people have just volunteered to help the NHS..are they all going to given obscene levels of wealth and privilege?

Dudley

https://news.sky.com/story/the-royal-accounts-this-is-why-the-monarchy-cost-41-more-last-year-11748503

PS not a lot for each of us if this is true"

Exactly, less than £2 per person per year, they are worth far more than that to us as a country.

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

So what you are saying is..if we didnt have a monarchy we we would have no tourism?

As for charity thousands of people have just volunteered to help the NHS..are they all going to given obscene levels of wealth and privilege?"

Where did I say we would have no tourism? Don't twist my words.

Most of the royal wealth is inherited

Bracknell

I'm lost. Please explain what you mean by something you never said?

yep you are. feel free to read again everything i already put because that answers your question."

I asked you to provide example and you didn't. So I can't see how she isn't subject to the same rules. Hence it appears you are lost

liverpool

PS not a lot for each of us if this is true"

How many people of us live in this country?

What about all the houses they own?

All the land that they own?

Yet we still pay for their upkeep and security.

salisbury

Yeah I'm sure he did

It's not free. I pay national insurance. It's not optional, it's not free. I didn’t realise ni contribution was only for the nhs

Is it not for the NHS? not only the nhs "

19% of NI contributions to the heath service. Whether you use it or not. Not free.

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

As for charity thousands of people have just volunteered to help the NHS..are they all going to given obscene levels of wealth and privilege?

Most of the royal wealth is inherited "

You said they bring in tourism

France dont have a monarchy..I'm guessing no one visits there.

liverpool

Exactly, less than £2 per person per year, they are worth far more than that to us as a country. "

Care to prove this?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly, less than £2 per person per year, they are worth far more than that to us as a country. "

I agree

But you did say we don't pay for the monarchy and why you got the answers you did...but the amount we do pay is coppers

Bracknell

Err..we do.

Do some research.

France dont have a monarchy..I'm guessing no one visits there."

You are just being deliberately obtuse now. It was never stated that tourism in the UK was solely down to the monarchy.

SouthWest Lancashire

My argument is that they are privileged and get special treatment and the OP was asking why a member of royalty gets something that NHS workers do not.

We do subsidise a lot of things to give others privileges, the NHS is one of them because poor people would die without it, but here is where we are questioning why does someone who is more privileged get something that the less privileged do not or even where it is deemed necessary for them to get it as they are seen as more vital to society, by some of us, than others.

Basically i feel NHS workers are more valuable than a member of the monarchy.

Dudley

Yet we still pay for their upkeep and security."

You mean the inherited land and houses? Would you like to take everyone's inheritance? Or is it just the royal family you want to deprive of their families legacy?

Do you begrudge the £1.24 you have to pay towards them? Honestly, I'll give you the money if you want, once a year I'll give you the grand old sum of £1.24 so you don't feel ripped off.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly, less than £2 per person per year, they are worth far more than that to us as a country.

Care to prove this?"

If you read the article it gives a breakdown, but if that isn't true I am sure if you look at accounts of said people we could figure it out that way

liverpool

I agree

But you did say we don't pay for the monarchy and why you got the answers you did...but the amount we do pay is coppers "

£84 Million=coppers.

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

You are just being deliberately obtuse now. It was never stated that tourism in the UK was solely down to the monarchy."

She used tourism as an example of how the monarchy are an asset.

Dudley

I agree

But you did say we don't pay for the monarchy and why you got the answers you did...but the amount we do pay is coppers "

I don't class £1.24 as paying for the monarchy.

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

You are just being deliberately obtuse now. It was never stated that tourism in the UK was solely down to the monarchy.

She used tourism as an example of how the monarchy are an asset."

I didn't say they were the only tourist attraction though. You're just being argumentative and trying to put words in my mouth.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I agree

But you did say we don't pay for the monarchy and why you got the answers you did...but the amount we do pay is coppers

I don't class £1.24 as paying for the monarchy. "

It is though...happily from me though

liverpool

You mean the inherited land and houses? Would you like to take everyone's inheritance? Or is it just the royal family you want to deprive of their families legacy?

Do you begrudge the £1.24 you have to pay towards them? Honestly, I'll give you the money if you want, once a year I'll give you the grand old sum of £1.24 so you don't feel ripped off. "

Erm..if me mum and dad left me a big fuck off house I'm fairly sure the taxpayer wouldnt pay for its upkeep.

Didnt the taxpayer just buy a big farmhouse for william?

Dudley

I agree

I don't class £1.24 as paying for the monarchy.

It is though...happily from me though"

Ditto.

SouthWest Lancashire

If you want to justify a member of royalty as more important than NHS workers then that's your prerogative but i'm not gonna agree with you and neither is anyone else who thinks the NHS is more valuable.

Obviously all people should be equal and there'd be no argument about who is more valuable if they were but as people are not treated as equal then these questions will arise and rightly so.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I didn't say they were the only tourist attraction though. You're just being argumentative and trying to put words in my mouth. "

I think they are the biggest though, the money they generate in tourism is a huge amount and definitely dwarfs our £1.24 we pay

Dudley

Do you begrudge the £1.24 you have to pay towards them? Honestly, I'll give you the money if you want, once a year I'll give you the grand old sum of £1.24 so you don't feel ripped off.

Erm..if me mum and dad left me a big fuck off house I'm fairly sure the taxpayer wouldnt pay for its upkeep.

Didnt the taxpayer just buy a big farmhouse for william?"

Source?

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Most of the royal wealth is inherited "

Yes, it's inherited from former monarchs who acquired it by granting Royal Charters giving permissions to various concerns to do some pretty horrible things. The current RF's wealth mainly stems from drug sales (Opium wars), the legitimised r*pe of Africa's resources (Cecil Rhodes and the British South Africa Company is just one example) and the slave trade between 1630 and 1807. Profits made from these sources allowed the Crown to purchase massive land-holdings and the profits from these make up the main bulk of the wealth amassed and utilised by the current RF.

Dudley

"

I didn't say they were the only tourist attraction though. You're just being argumentative and trying to put words in my mouth.

I think they are the biggest though, the money they generate in tourism is a huge amount and definitely dwarfs our £1.24 we pay"

Exactly.

Cheltenham

Can everyone give me just 1p a year.

liverpool

Err..we do.

Do some research.

I didn't say they were the only tourist attraction though. You're just being argumentative and trying to put words in my mouth. "

Tourism is the example everyone uses to justify their existence.

They have an utterly obscene levels of wealth.

Whilst people die on the streets even the most minor royal lives a life none of us can dream of.

And as for all that deference bulshit.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Why do people start provocative threads ?

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Yes, it's inherited from former monarchs who acquired it by granting Royal Charters giving permissions to various concerns to do some pretty horrible things. The current RF's wealth mainly stems from drug sales (Opium wars), the legitimised r*pe of Africa's resources (Cecil Rhodes and the British South Africa Company is just one example) and the slave trade between 1630 and 1807. Profits made from these sources allowed the Crown to purchase massive land-holdings and the profits from these make up the main bulk of the wealth amassed and utilised by the current RF. "

Yep, let's blame the current royal family for things their ancestors did

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I think they are the biggest though, the money they generate in tourism is a huge amount and definitely dwarfs our £1.24 we pay"

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/they-cost-us-a-mint-but-bring-in-much-more/

liverpool

"

You simply cannot prove that.

A family may visit this country for 2 weeks.On 1 day they may stand outside Buckingham palace.

Does that mean the royals generated the money they spent?

It's such a flawed argument.

Dudley

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Tourism is the example everyone uses to justify their existence.

They have an utterly obscene levels of wealth.

Whilst people die on the streets even the most minor royal lives a life none of us can dream of.

And as for all that deference bulshit.

"

I'm going to leave you to your ranting, it's pointless trying to discuss anything with you as you read what you want to read, not what is actually in front of you.

liverpool

"If you want to justify a member of royalty as more important than NHS workers then that's your prerogative but i'm not gonna agree with you and neither is anyone else who thinks the NHS is more valuable.

Obviously all people should be equal and there'd be no argument about who is more valuable if they were but as people are not treated as equal then these questions will arise and rightly so."

Exactly.

prince charles actualy makes a profit with his duchy estate, and employes hundereds, yes hes on the civil list but from what i understand he takes little if not none of it

liverpool

Didnt the taxpayer just buy a big farmhouse for william?

Source?"

It was harry

Frogmore cottage

Err..we do.

Do some research.

Yes, it's inherited from former monarchs who acquired it by granting Royal Charters giving permissions to various concerns to do some pretty horrible things. The current RF's wealth mainly stems from drug sales (Opium wars), the legitimised r*pe of Africa's resources (Cecil Rhodes and the British South Africa Company is just one example) and the slave trade between 1630 and 1807. Profits made from these sources allowed the Crown to purchase massive land-holdings and the profits from these make up the main bulk of the wealth amassed and utilised by the current RF.

"

I'm not blaming, just stating the facts from history. Personally, I wouldn't be happy to live off the profits of slavery no matter how far they go back, but each to their own

SouthWest Lancashire

prince charles actualy makes a profit with his duchy estate, and employes hundereds, yes hes on the civil list but from what i understand he takes little if not none of it"

Doesn't matter. I do not want to pay any amount towards someone privileged via birth so that they gain better rights, lifestyle, care and consideration than others. Not even 1p.

liverpool

"

I think they are the biggest though, the money they generate in tourism is a huge amount and definitely dwarfs our £1.24 we pay

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/they-cost-us-a-mint-but-bring-in-much-more/"

You cant actually measure it.

It's a flawed argument

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Open your mind, it helps

Omg hes the heir to the throne who has been in contact with Our Queen... he needed testing....

The Queen will get protection and right now we could do without a senior royal being poorly. Simply for morale reasons. I still dont think he will actually really be poorly. Think it's more to make the over 70s tow the line

liverpool

"Omg hes the heir to the throne who has been in contact with Our Queen... he needed testing....

The Queen will get protection and right now we could do without a senior royal being poorly. Simply for morale reasons. I still dont think he will actually really be poorly. Think it's more to make the over 70s tow the line "

Not everyone is a royalist.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

A family may visit this country for 2 weeks.On 1 day they may stand outside Buckingham palace.

It's such a flawed argument."

I can't prove it no, but it is documented a lot, I don't know if is exactly true or not...but I know which one you would say it is even if it was proved to you.

You have decided you don't like the Monarchy and all it stands for and that is obviously fine , but sometimes while people stick with what they believe in they don't consider anything that may well be true.

"Omg hes the heir to the throne who has been in contact with Our Queen... he needed testing....

The Queen will get protection and right now we could do without a senior royal being poorly. Simply for morale reasons. I still dont think he will actually really be poorly. Think it's more to make the over 70s tow the line

Not everyone is a royalist."

no but many of the over 70s will be. And no matter if you are or not the queen deserves respect

SouthWest Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 16:19:19]

liverpool

"

It's such a flawed argument.

I can't prove it no, but it is documented a lot, I don't know if is exactly true or not...but I know which one you would say it is even if it was proved to you.

You have decided you don't like the Monarchy and all it stands for and that is obviously fine , but sometimes while people stick with what they believe in they don't consider anything that may well be true.

"

People can believe what they like it's a democracy.

The problem Is if you dont agree with concept of a hereditary monarchy you still have to pay for it and live in a system where their lives are worth more than ours.

SouthWest Lancashire

I do wonder if so many people have been neglected or abused that they think that their standard of living, or their peers, should be lower and not aim for something better for themselves?

There's so many people now struggling but here we still see justification that someone else deserves better.

That's not a cue for an argument, just i often wonder why the world is the way it is. How the proposed big brother caring society has turned into racism, disablism, other isms and hate.

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

Getting back to the original question, the guy is over 70,just because a person has money it shouldn't prevent an older person from being tested.

liverpool

Not everyone is a royalist. no but many of the over 70s will be. And no matter if you are or not the queen deserves respect "

There is a difference between respect and deference

liverpool

"Getting back to the original question, the guy is over 70,just because a person has money it shouldn't prevent an older person from being tested. "

Come again?

Not everyone is a royalist. no but many of the over 70s will be. And no matter if you are or not the queen deserves respect

There is a difference between respect and deference"

She deserves respect... She has served our country including military service... and she has earnt respect for her service to us as a country. She is 93 and still working longer hours than many of us.

Cheltenham

Not everyone is a royalist. no but many of the over 70s will be. And no matter if you are or not the queen deserves respect

There is a difference between respect and deference She deserves respect... She has served our country including military service... and she has earnt respect for her service to us as a country. She is 93 and still working longer hours than many of us. "

You do what you need to do

liverpool

There is a difference between respect and deference She deserves respect... She has served our country including military service... and she has earnt respect for her service to us as a country. She is 93 and still working longer hours than many of us. "

Again there is a difference between respect and difference.

And the last line is total nonsense.

She gets out of a private jet..shakes a few hands meets a few people then has a big fuck off meal.

I know a girl who is just starting a 48 ht shift in a care home.

If the above 2 got sick who would be treated 1st?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the question though, I am half in half, as he was in contact with his elderly mother then maybe he should have been tested, however, lots of us are near elderly relatives or are part of the NHS and would like the test too

What about all the Z list celebs that have been tested?

It's just another non story

Dudley

"I do wonder if so many people have been neglected or abused that they think that their standard of living, or their peers, should be lower and not aim for something better for themselves?

There's so many people now struggling but here we still see justification that someone else deserves better.

That's not a cue for an argument, just i often wonder why the world is the way it is. How the proposed big brother caring society has turned into racism, disablism, other isms and hate."

Totally out of order to imply people have been abused because they don't agree with you. Disgusting in fact.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

One rule for royalty another for the common people. Like always .

SouthWest Lancashire

"I do wonder if so many people have been neglected or abused that they think that their standard of living, or their peers, should be lower and not aim for something better for themselves?

That's not a cue for an argument, just i often wonder why the world is the way it is. How the proposed big brother caring society has turned into racism, disablism, other isms and hate.

Totally out of order to imply people have been abused because they don't agree with you. Disgusting in fact. "

Not really what i was implying. I'm basing it off my own life and how i used to accept poverty, never accepted heirachy but, i didn't think poverty was that bad and know it gives a lot of skills to people that others won't have but i used to justify that it was ok to go without eating if you didn't have money for food coz that's how my mum was etc. Now i know i'm entitled to a decent standard of living and so is everyone else.

Look at everything, not just the virus but everything this past decade. Or even before that. I feel like we're more enlightened and have more empathy now than ever but still many live, and are even happy or don't care, about how the way things are.

Like after WWII the NHS began and slums were got rid of in favour of better housing, but there's no talk of improvement of society. People lost a lot then but this made it so that they created something better. I know this virus isn't on a scale of war but still it goes to show that there's something else needed for society and that previously undervalued people are indeed valuable.

Also the way i debate isn't to attack people, you lose the argument when you do that imo, you attack the opinion. I don't debate with people who do that either, they've gone off track and it's pointless.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Err..we do.

Do some research.

I'm not blaming, just stating the facts from history. Personally, I wouldn't be happy to live off the profits of slavery no matter how far they go back, but each to their own "

That's a totally ridiculous thing to say, especially if you live in any West European nation but probably also ridiculous to say if you live in any country any where in the world.

prince charles actualy makes a profit with his duchy estate, and employes hundereds, yes hes on the civil list but from what i understand he takes little if not none of it

Doesn't matter. I do not want to pay any amount towards someone privileged via birth so that they gain better rights, lifestyle, care and consideration than others. Not even 1p."

but my point is, he generates way more money for the country than he costs, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of knocking him

liverpool

Doesn't matter. I do not want to pay any amount towards someone privileged via birth so that they gain better rights, lifestyle, care and consideration than others. Not even 1p.

but my point is, he generates way more money for the country than he costs, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of knocking him"

I'm being a bit thick here

Can you explain how exactly he generates more wealth than he worth?

liverpool

Right so he seems to own half of Cornwall and he gets money from that..so..and and again on being a bit thick here..how does that generate money for us?

Incidentally every jaunt they go on..we pay for..including expenses.So when he rides around in a gold carriage we pay for that.

Seems fair enough.

birmingham

Wow are we still arguing,the way it is in this country is the king and queen rule we obey and are given a better life by doing so,everything is for say the queen bee and we do our duty,go home to family have a bit of free time and then same again tomorrow,its quite orderly and seems to work not much killing power struggles or any worrying factors ,we all pull together and get along.If you want more money do better at school,work or go rob somebody but thats how it works,have you got a better system then get yourself down london an go tell them .As for what youve inherited is one of the fairest countries to live in and pass on to your family,dont disrespect it or it could be gone.

SouthWest Lancashire

but my point is, he generates way more money for the country than he costs, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of knocking him"

I'm knocking a system that says privileged people are entitled to more than others.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 17:45:39]

liverpool

"Wow are we still arguing,the way it is in this country is the king and queen rule we obey and are given a better life by doing so,everything is for say the queen bee and we do our duty,go home to family have a bit of free time and then same again tomorrow,its quite orderly and seems to work not much killing power struggles or any worrying factors ,we all pull together and get along.If you want more money do better at school,work or go rob somebody but thats how it works,have you got a better system then get yourself down london an go tell them .As for what youve inherited is one of the fairest countries to live in and pass on to your family,dont disrespect it or it could be gone."

Wind up ..right?

birmingham

Think you are wind up,im ok living the dream lol

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

For those arguing that the royal family cost us money I suggest you read this -

https://fullfact.org/economy/royal-family-what-are-costs-and-benefits/

It is in fact the opposite. The money the royal family receive is called the sovereign grant which is a percentage of the money the royal estate generates yearly.

All of the income from the royal estate goes directly to the treasury and we basically give them some of it back. Technically the money comes from public funds however it was their money in the first place and we keep the lions share.

The royal estate paid £330m into the treasury, and the treasury gave the royal family back $82m. That leaves approx £250m excess meaning we are all £4 better off because of them.

They also pay tax on private incomes/investments and royal tourism is a fact, although the amount of income it generates is not quantifiable.

liverpool

"For those arguing that the royal family cost us money I suggest you read this -

It is in fact the opposite. The money the royal family receive is called the sovereign grant which is a percentage of the money the royal estate generates yearly.

All of the income from the royal estate goes directly to the treasury and we basically give them some of it back. Technically the money comes from public funds however it was their money in the first place and we keep the lions share.

The royal estate paid £330m into the treasury, and the treasury gave the royal family back $82m. That leaves approx £250m excess meaning we are all £4 better off because of them.

They also pay tax on private incomes/investments and royal tourism is a fact, although the amount of income it generates is not quantifiable.

"

The queen was made to pay tax

Royal tourism is a fact..evidence?

liverpool

Ok just done a bit of reading.

I may be wrong here but from what I gather the royal family own a shit load of land and property.which generates millions in revenue..the state takes a cut of this and the royal family get something £80m

However we also pay for protection,security,maintained of property etc.

darlington

"Ok just done a bit of reading.

I may be wrong here but from what I gather the royal family own a shit load of land and property.which generates millions in revenue..the state takes a cut of this and the royal family get something £80m

However we also pay for protection,security,maintained of property etc."

So why did Prince Charles get a test?

Because he's heir to the throne and will one day be head of state maybe?

If Boris Johnson or comrade corbyn got it they would be tested to!

wigan

"For those arguing that the royal family cost us money I suggest you read this -

Royal tourism is a fact..evidence?"

First let's talk about the fact that you are wrong to say they cost us money.. you avoided that bit.

As for being forced to pay tax, I doubt you offer to pay more than you need to? And, I doubt you contribute one quarter of a billion pounds to the economy already. Also where is YOUR evidence of this being fact?

The evidence of royal tourism is the massive numbers of tourists that visit their castles and buy the memorabilia.

liverpool

"So why did Prince Charles get a test?

If Boris Johnson or comrade corbyn got it they would be tested to!"

Because he is more important than a nurse saving lives.

wigan

Nearly right. The sovereign grant is increased to cover extra costs. It was still their money in the first place.

darlington

exactly and when I was a council tenant and my estate was being refurbed I got a new kitchen windows and central heating and it didn’t cost me a penny well maybe my rent and taxes I paid helped so I can’t see the difference in the royals getting things done free like the Houses of Parliament who’s paying for the upkeep on that

Because he is more important than a nurse saving lives."

In a nutshell and the grand scheme of things - yes

liverpool

First let's talk about the fact that you are wrong to say they cost us money.. you avoided that bit.

As for being forced to pay tax, I doubt you offer to pay more than you need to? And, I doubt you contribute one quarter of a billion pounds to the economy already. Also where is YOUR evidence of this being fact?

The evidence of royal tourism is the massive numbers of tourists that visit their castles and buy the memorabilia. "

I'm just trying to get my head around it to be honest.Its a complex issue.

I have to pay tax .I dont have a choice.The fact that 1 of the richest women in the world didnt pay tax for what..60 years..well let's skate over that shall we.

Ok tourism..I gave an example before.A family of 4 come to the uk for 2 weeks.On 1 occasion they visit a castle.

Does that go down as an example of how the royal family bring in tourism?

liverpool

However we also pay for protection,security,maintained of property etc.

Nearly right. The sovereign grant is increased to cover extra costs. It was still their money in the first place."

Ok 1st question..how exactly did they get to own this property?apparently they own ascot.

liverpool

However we also pay for protection,security,maintained of property etc. exactly and when I was a council tenant and my estate was being refurbed I got a new kitchen windows and central heating and it didn’t cost me a penny well maybe my rent and taxes I paid helped so I can’t see the difference in the royals getting things done free like the Houses of Parliament who’s paying for the upkeep on that "

Houses of parliament is different.

The royals own countless castles etc..we pay for their upkeep.

Houses of parliament is a place of work.no one lives there.

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

Draw a line from mid wales coast right across Birmingham all the way to Lowestoft on the east coast

If you live below the line you matter and will get tested

Anyone above doesn’t

darlington

However we also pay for protection,security,maintained of property etc. exactly and when I was a council tenant and my estate was being refurbed I got a new kitchen windows and central heating and it didn’t cost me a penny well maybe my rent and taxes I paid helped so I can’t see the difference in the royals getting things done free like the Houses of Parliament who’s paying for the upkeep on that

Houses of parliament is different.

The royals own countless castles etc..we pay for their upkeep.

Houses of parliament is a place of work.no one lives there."

it still needs a heap of money to run it and maintain it who pays for that ?

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

The Royal income is over £70 million a year from tax payers money. The public paying for the Royals. Not including addition of supported payments for their properties and estates.

It's been brought up many times by the public in terms of what the Royals actually do that justifies paying them tax payers money. They were expected to reduce "unnecessary" costs but the argument is what do they do that's necessary to the public other than being a tourist attraction and validity of the Royal seals on goods. They have no governing powers.

Same can be said of subsidised costs to government officials 2nd homes and even 3rd homes. Is it justifiable when poor folk have to pay bedroom taxes. Are the Royals more entitled to these payments of income and subsides?

wigan

The evidence of royal tourism is the massive numbers of tourists that visit their castles and buy the memorabilia.

I'm just trying to get my head around it to be honest.Its a complex issue.

I have to pay tax .I dont have a choice.The fact that 1 of the richest women in the world didnt pay tax for what..60 years..well let's skate over that shall we.

Ok tourism..I gave an example before.A family of 4 come to the uk for 2 weeks.On 1 occasion they visit a castle.

Does that go down as an example of how the royal family bring in tourism?"

If going to see the castle was part of the reason they chose to come to the uk then definitely.

I dont know the full story about the alleged forcing to pay tax however I would bet it is another misrepresented story.

I think the truth of the matter is that the queen wasn't required to pay tax, then the rules were changed and she did/does.

Also bare in mind how much they are already giving to the public purse. £250m.

I get a tax break if I donate an old book to bernados, some big companies pay 0% tax. For £250m and a lifetime of service, the least they deserve is some respect and a couple of tests.

SouthWest Lancashire

Because he is more important than a nurse saving lives.

In a nutshell and the grand scheme of things - yes

I cant really add to that."

So, to conclude.

Initial thoughts are:

Prince Charles is more important than NHS workers. And that is why he is tested but not the workers.

You could extend that to he is more important than the whole population because testing NHS workers would mean our NHS care system would be more efficient at this time to the entire population.

The cost of saving the royals and other privileged people is seen as a better idea than the cost of having an efficient NHS for an entire population.

Which is interesting because most people when asked the Trolley Problem say that they would change tracks and intentionally kill one person to save the 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Does that go down as an example of how the royal family bring in tourism?"

Then after visiting a castle maybe another paid tourism spot, a boat trip down the river, an open top bus ride, a meal , a drink, an ice cream, more tourism spots, a tube ride, another tube ride, more food and drink, a hotel room when they need sleep for the two weeks for a family, more food, tube rides, taxi ride, a spot of shopping etc etc