FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Travel clarity help

Travel clarity help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ive been told someone was fined after being pulled over at a roadside check for travelling too far away and not using the closest supermarket. Ive checked the gov website on travel restrictions but doesn't mention tbis

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s common sense really , some people are getting in there cars and driving miles and miles away to go to a shop or to take a dog to a beach , we all should be using the nearest shop and the nearest park , not having a day trip out somewhere

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes a bit over the top I think

"Yes a bit over the top I think"

Yeah I can understand it if they travel miles and miles as mentioned, i was going to travel an extra 3 miles tomorrow to resch a different food shop.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

We are in this situation due to the ones who thought a night at a pub and a beach barbecue and market trip was acceptable at weekend.

Silent spreaders.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

It is health issue not a law and order issue....

Six months ago the Police could not be bothered with so called "low level" crime, not all of a sudden they emerge to order law abiding people about....

Once upon a day I supported the Police, now my trust is ebbing a way fast....

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Ive been told someone was fined after being pulled over at a roadside check for travelling too far away and not using the closest supermarket. Ive checked the gov website on travel restrictions but doesn't mention tbis

"

It's probably an urban myth.

Police may have the power to issue fines but I think they'd only do this if somebody refused to go home or a crowd disperse.

There is no maximum distance you can travel provided it falls within the essential travel category.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Ive been told someone was fined after being pulled over at a roadside check for travelling too far away and not using the closest supermarket. Ive checked the gov website on travel restrictions but doesn't mention tbis

"

It says essential travel for shopping, not visiting your favourite supermarket

Cheltenham

"We are in this situation due to the ones who thought a night at a pub and a beach barbecue and market trip was acceptable at weekend.

Silent spreaders. "

Exactly and the dog walkers

Cheltenham

"We are in this situation due to the ones who thought a night at a pub and a beach barbecue and market trip was acceptable at weekend.

Silent spreaders. "

You forgot those having a picnic

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"Yes a bit over the top I think

Yeah I can understand it if they travel miles and miles as mentioned, i was going to travel an extra 3 miles tomorrow to resch a different food shop. "

If that food shop is cheaper than nearer places or has a better variety of goods then it makes sense to go there. Maybe take some proof with you that you usually go to that shop? Bank statement if you use your card, receipts maybe.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Silent spreaders.

You forgot those having a picnic"

Ironically the ones sitting next to each other on tubes in London.. Do they get a fine. No.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Silent spreaders.

You forgot those having a picnic

Ironically the ones sitting next to each other on tubes in London.. Do they get a fine. No. "

That really isn't their fault at all, those people have no choice due to the mismanagement of London's transport network at this time.

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

How about the guy in London who tested + recently and then travelled to Scotland

"It is health issue not a law and order issue....

Six months ago the Police could not be bothered with so called "low level" crime, not all of a sudden they emerge to order law abiding people about....

Once upon a day I supported the Police, now my trust is ebbing a way fast.... "

Same here

Once upon a day I supported the Police, now my trust is ebbing a way fast.... .

Same here "

There trying to save life’s ,which part of this dint you understand, if everyone was too carry on doing what we do everyday the WHOLE country would be infected the NHS couldn’t cope , people would be dying in the streets , this isn’t a film it’s real life , why the hate for the police doing there job , the rules are simple STAY AT HOME ,

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

The police are pulling iver motorists and checking why/wherr thry are travelling and rightly so.

Many people are still travelling around unnecessary. People are still travelling to their 2nd homes in the countryside. Stay away. Just stay at home unless you are key workers like ourselves.

Simple.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Same here

There trying to save life’s ,which part of this dint you understand, if everyone was too carry on doing what we do everyday the WHOLE country would be infected the NHS couldn’t cope , people would be dying in the streets , this isn’t a film it’s real life , why the hate for the police doing there job , the rules are simple STAY AT HOME , "

You heard it like I heard it!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

There are still people who think this is hype and refuse to take heed of any warning, or simply don't get it.

My sister lives in Milan. Even with the daily 6pm bulletins people are not getting it. They're self isolating, not going out, but inviting neighbours in the same block/building over for barbecues etc.

That said: living in London and using public transport the days before "lockdown" I did think crammed buses would be the death of me!

Same here

There trying to save life’s ,which part of this dint you understand, if everyone was too carry on doing what we do everyday the WHOLE country would be infected the NHS couldn’t cope , people would be dying in the streets , this isn’t a film it’s real life , why the hate for the police doing there job , the rules are simple STAY AT HOME , "

So if i go to the nearest shop for essential food shopping and theres nothing on the shelves i cant go to another supermarket!?

I have to go back home and wait another week?! Get serious, commen sense would be to go to next nearest, but tbe rozzers won't let you?

" There trying to save life’s ,which part of this dint you understand "

What i understand is if the closest shop has its shelves bare and hasnt got whst i need, ive the choice of going home, or going to another one further away. Risking getting harassed ny some flatfoot!

That's the problem with people like you., reality is a lot different to your simplistic view

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Same here

Manchester (she/her)

" There trying to save life’s ,which part of this dint you understand

What i understand is if the closest shop has its shelves bare and hasnt got whst i need, ive the choice of going home, or going to another one further away. Risking getting harassed ny some flatfoot!

That's the problem with people like you., reality is a lot different to your simplistic view "

Oh no, having to talk to the police and explain yourself. What a catastrophe!

Once upon a day I supported the Police, now my trust is ebbing a way fast.... "

And your solution is just what exactly. To let people drive to wherever they want to go? This virus is serious and it’s spreading with little sign of a cure yet.

By *eicsbimaleMan  over a year ago

loughborough

For those that want to ignore warnings I think you can buy a T shirt which says" I am a moron, if I catch C19 don't save me I don't need help"

Manchester (she/her)

Once upon a day I supported the Police, now my trust is ebbing a way fast....

And your solution is just what exactly. To let people drive to wherever they want to go? This virus is serious and it’s spreading with little sign of a cure yet. "

Manchester (she/her)

"For those that want to ignore warnings I think you can buy a T shirt which says" I am a moron, if I catch C19 don't save me I don't need help""

I'm a moron, I don't need help if I catch Covid-19, and I'm prepared to sacrifice my loved ones and yours so I can go for a drive"

The flatfoots should be visiting picknick sites and beach car parks here. Loads of people out in their cars spreading germs instead of road blocks

» Add a new message to this topic