FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Emotional

Emotional

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ir-spunk-alot OP   Man  over a year ago

south coast

This self isolation business has made me quite emotional over the last 24 hours, mixed emotions, Sad, lonely, happy and proud of the nhs and new found community spirit.

Ive never suffered from depression but are these mood swings early signs of it. My head is all over the place.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ameulMan  over a year ago

Nr Norwich

I'm not a psychologist but it seems like a reaction to an abnormal situation. Basically you need to keep yourself busy, get all those jobs you promised to do done. But mainly interact with other people, phone a friend, have a Skype chat with them. Make new friends, although most on here are here for sex some are happy to chat.

Look after yourself and if things don't get better either phone the samaritans, who are great, or your gp. Keep safe.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I play happy music. Make sure you get outside for some exercise and enjoy the sun , just keep thinking better times are ahead soon

south coast

Thanks, im not overly concerned, but like mentioned above its an odd situation so perhaps its down to that.

Thank you for the advice.

"Thanks, im not overly concerned, but like mentioned above its an odd situation so perhaps its down to that.

Thank you for the advice. "

Were all In the same boat , try and watch funny tv shows or box sets , plan something nice for when this all ends , something nice to look forward too , and keep posting on here , it’s good to talk

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

It’s a very odd situation, not normal for any of us.

My workplace has put a lot of online resources for us to do with health and well-being, I wonder if yours has anything similar?

I think it’s good to keep in a routine. If you can.

Hope you feel more settled soon.

south coast

Thank you all again.

I think keeping busy is the key.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Schedule / routine is really good especially if working from home for the first time or not working.

I generally shower, stretch/workout, get dressed, eat breakfast , catch up on news and plan my day - in exactly the same way I used to when commuting and I’ve been home working for years. I also take a long break in the day 2-3 hours to do something non-work related and work till around 7 or 8 as when your home all day and night, evenings can be too long and you need less sleep

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I find if I get distressing thoughts I look at it like watching TV, I just switch channel and think of good times.

It's normal to be whizzing around in your head.

A distraction usually helps bring things on to a normal keel.

On line games. There's a lot of free ones.

Stay away from the news a good feel good movie, music or book.

Contact if via on line with people is another option as you are doing.

Keep smiling.

The future's so bright

south coast

I think switching off the news may help to.

Awsome advice everyone. Thank you.

If you haven't come across it before, take a look at the 7 stages of grief. It may help put your feelings into some form of context. I find it helps me through changes in knowing how I'm feeling is part of that. Having good coping strategies definitely helps at a practical level. I'm already limiting myself to 1 news viewing per day. Take care OP x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Alot of peoples emotions are playing havoc with the current stresses of life. I know folk who are not sleeping or eating with worry. Even the strongest people are at their wits end with worry.

south coast

Im not normally an emotional person but have had alot of mixed moods, some good some bad but im putting it down to current issues which will pass. In the grand scheme of things, im healthy, have a roof over my head and food in the fridge. I have ordered some books to read to keep the mind ticking over.

By *ameulMan  over a year ago

Nr Norwich

Really nice to see all the fabbers coming forward with help and advice.

south coast

"Really nice to see all the fabbers coming forward with help and advice. "

Its refreshing isnt it.

» Add a new message to this topic