FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > It can only last so long or else?

It can only last so long or else?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some things to consider, that the virus doesn't seem to spread in the summer (or so they are saying). Interesting how the middle east is not suffering but South Africa (summer now) is rising to the occasion?

Put simply the British people will not stay in their homes (or domestic ovens) in summer. Two things can happen, the virus will die off and we will be back to normal with a messed up economy or the people will rebel after being sick and tired of being cooped up. I think by that time the people will say that the virus has to run its course whether the NHS can handle it or not....discuss?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Some things to consider, that the virus doesn't seem to spread in the summer (or so they are saying). Interesting how the middle east is not suffering but South Africa (summer now) is rising to the occasion?

Put simply the British people will not stay in their homes (or domestic ovens) in summer. Two things can happen, the virus will die off and we will be back to normal with a messed up economy or the people will rebel after being sick and tired of being cooped up. I think by that time the people will say that the virus has to run its course whether the NHS can handle it or not....discuss? "

People won't rebel.

They'll still be clapping every week in August

"Some things to consider, that the virus doesn't seem to spread in the summer (or so they are saying). Interesting how the middle east is not suffering but South Africa (summer now) is rising to the occasion?

Put simply the British people will not stay in their homes (or domestic ovens) in summer. Two things can happen, the virus will die off and we will be back to normal with a messed up economy or the people will rebel after being sick and tired of being cooped up. I think by that time the people will say that the virus has to run its course whether the NHS can handle it or not....discuss?

People won't rebel.

They'll still be clapping every week in August"

BULLSHIT

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lol

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Some interesting thoughts and questions there. I find one of the real difficulties is the total unpredictability of the whole future. Do think there will be a finite time people will stand being confined. It goes completely against human nature.

Bolton

"People won't rebel.

People wont rebel....?? I think you might be surprised....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

People won't rebel.

Tend to agree, the death rate will rise in the next few weeks and that will have a big impact on how people view this..

It's taken 11 weeks to stop this in Wuhan..

And yes we are not China but the virus cares not where you are or how ordered/oppressed a society is..

Cheltenham

"People won't rebel.

People wont rebel....?? I think you might be surprised...."

You're get some but they'll be oustraciced.

People won't rebel.

I won't be

in Lancashire

"Some interesting thoughts and questions there. I find one of the real difficulties is the total unpredictability of the whole future. Do think there will be a finite time people will stand being confined. It goes completely against human nature. "

The will to live is stronger..

"People won't rebel.

People wont rebel....?? I think you might be surprised...."

It won't happen as the virus will die off and they know it. All the money will have to paid back in some way so this will simply ruin lives. Interesting how the financial services sector will somehow benefit as it did during the life ruining recession 2008-2013.

I am hoping for improvements by Easter (as the good man Mr Trump says).

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

It gets to over 40 degrees here in summer. I'm hoping that the virus will die off, or at least be less transmitted. Therefore giving us chance to get out.

I'm in France and coming up to my 3rd week of isolation.

"It gets to over 40 degrees here in summer. I'm hoping that the virus will die off, or at least be less transmitted. Therefore giving us chance to get out.

I'm in France and coming up to my 3rd week of isolation. "

Iran is generally warmer than France and they are in the shit..

Bolton

"Some interesting thoughts and questions there. I find one of the real difficulties is the total unpredictability of the whole future. Do think there will be a finite time people will stand being confined. It goes completely against human nature.

The will to live is stronger.. "

Debatable..... Live but at what cost. It is not living it is existence.

Bolton

No expert, but think it is not so much warmth as UV light levels. This sunshine cannot be doing any harm. If nothing else it is keep peoples spirits up...!

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Some interesting thoughts and questions there. I find one of the real difficulties is the total unpredictability of the whole future. Do think there will be a finite time people will stand being confined. It goes completely against human nature.

Debatable..... Live but at what cost. It is not living it is existence. "

Isolation for a period is ‘existence’ ?

in Lancashire

"People won't rebel.

It won't happen as the virus will die off and they know it. All the money will have to paid back in some way so this will simply ruin lives. Interesting how the financial services sector will somehow benefit as it did during the life ruining recession 2008-2013.

I am hoping for improvements by Easter (as the good man Mr Trump says). "

When will this virus die off?

There's not enough knowledge of it that has allowed the experts to even make that point..

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Would be nice to see what the long term strategy and exit plan for this is.

What worries us is a lot of people are treating this like they’re grounded, and have a “when the government lets us out” attitude. If the lifting of these restrictions isn’t well considered we could end up right back in the shit.

Yes, there is the issue of Iran, but what about Iraq, Syria, Libya and so on. No statistics available. Did those in Iran travel elsewhere first who contacted the virus?

There is no way a family of four will stay in a flat without air con in summer. It is an impossibility law or no law?

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Put simply the British people will not stay in their homes (or domestic ovens) in summer. Two things can happen, the virus will die off and we will be back to normal with a messed up economy or the people will rebel after being sick and tired of being cooped up. I think by that time the people will say that the virus has to run its course whether the NHS can handle it or not....discuss? "

Sadly, in a country and a time when many people seem to "know their rights", but far fewer want to accept any sort of responsibility, and a sizeable number appear to think they can do as they like, regardless of the impact on other people, you could be right. The selfishness of anyone who "rebels" in the way you describe beggars belief, but if enough people do it's difficult to see how our overstretched authorities could deal with it. Truly scary stuff.

in Lancashire

We have had less than a week of lockdown, we live in different times than our grandparents and parents did eg. During the blitz or during the first World War..

We are adaptable..

We have had less than a week of lockdown, we live in different times than our grandparents and parents did eg. During the blitz or during the first World War..

We are adaptable.. "

The point here of discussion is the matter of roasting inside without air con. Impossible and the Government and Law makers know that. If they want isolation in summer then I believe they understand they will not get what they want. They could well be preparing for trouble, but I don't think we will get there as the virus will die off (hoping too).

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 09:37:17]

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"Yes, there is the issue of Iran, but what about Iraq, Syria, Libya and so on. No statistics available. Did those in Iran travel elsewhere first who contacted the virus?

There is no way a family of four will stay in a flat without air con in summer. It is an impossibility law or no law?"

Libya and Syria both have cases. (Fact check reference John Hopkins university) as do many countries with hotter climates.

Whilst people’s immune systems in Northern Europe are generally better in warmer months, there is no evidence that the virus is adversely affected by warmer weather. Most organisms love the warmth.

A lot of what’s being said in this thread sounds like a piece of fake news that’s been doing the rounds all about UV and sunlight. Sunlight, in moderation, is good for you and good for people’s mood. It is not the silver bullet to kill the virus though.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

People won't rebel.

BULLSHIT"

No need to be rude. You asked for discussion

in Lancashire

We are adaptable..

The point here of discussion is the matter of roasting inside without air con. Impossible and the Government and Law makers know that. If they want isolation in summer then I believe they understand they will not get what they want. They could well be preparing for trouble, but I don't think we will get there as the virus will die off (hoping too)."

Tbh, we find that by closing curtains and windows on really hot days is better than having them open and letting that hot air in.

Respect we don't live on the twelfth floor of a poorly built tower block as regards cooling etc..

Bolton

We are adaptable.. "

Agreed.....

Easier for some than others. I am not finding too bad (up to now), retired have my own place, an income and can see my daughter. She works in a Tesco express...

Not sure how things would be if I was living at the top of tower block with a partner I did not get with, had three children and no work. Jumping off or throwing someone off might be an option I would consider..

People are being rebellious now.

Business still open .

Groups of teenagers meeting up.

My road is as busy as it was before lockdown !

That is right, it is only influenza, it will get better when it gets warmer as the virus is just viral during the cold months.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm not sure why people think that sunshine and warm weather are going to stop the virus. It's doing well enough in many hot sunny areas. The scientists say that the temperatures required to kill the virus are above 65 Celsius.

Cal

Cheltenham

Can get the flu all year round

"That is right, it is only influenza, it will get better when it gets warmer as the virus is just viral during the cold months."

This is not influenza

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People won't rebel.

BULLSHIT

No need to be rude. You asked for discussion"

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Some interesting thoughts and questions there. I find one of the real difficulties is the total unpredictability of the whole future. Do think there will be a finite time people will stand being confined. It goes completely against human nature. "

If the infection rate does not drop significantly in a certain space of time then I think a lot of people will consider it a failure, say fuck it and disregard it completely.

It was only a week ago that pubs, shops and gyms were open so there is to be expected an upward trend on infection over the next two weeks (as symptoms begin to show). Theoretically then it should taper off due to the much reduced social interaction.

People have willingly given up their social liberties and freedoms, however it is a conditional surrender of those. Should the lockdown policy be seen as ineffectual they will be demanded back, taken back if necessary.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

If people disregard the rules then they are selfish numpties. Being bored is no excuse. People on the front line putting themselves at risk aren’t allowed to be bored.

most fundamental aspects

"I'm not sure why people think that sunshine and warm weather are going to stop the virus. It's doing well enough in many hot sunny areas. The scientists say that the temperatures required to kill the virus are above 65 Celsius.

Cal"

I suspect it’s a couple of reasons people think that

There’s a fake news advice thing going around purporting to be from an NHS trust. It says sunlight and UV kill the virus. It also adds that anything above 27 degrees will kill it! [facepalm emoji inducing]

Secondly it is true that, in Northern Europe, warmer weather means our immune systems are better prepared to fight infection. That’s why the “delay” phase was meant to wait until seasonal flu and other patients were fewer in hospitals.

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 10:00:20]

"That is right, it is only influenza, it will get better when it gets warmer as the virus is just viral during the cold months.

This is not influenza"

It actually have the same symptoms as this virus have.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Did anyone watch contagion last night. It might make some who are still doing stupid things, think twice about what they could be doing to others. None of us like the things, we are being asked to do but we will have to do it. I for one, will still be clapping in August if that is the scenario then

My daughter is in the front line and to me she is one of the heroes and not some idiot who can't stay at home if they have no reason to be out

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yeah people should rebel! Rebel against the virus tell it you won’t stand for it being cooped up!

That will show the virus!

Bolton

If the infection rate does not drop significantly in a certain space of time then I think a lot of people will consider it a failure, say fuck it and disregard it completely.

It was only a week ago that pubs, shops and gyms were open so there is to be expected an upward trend on infection over the next two weeks (as symptoms begin to show). Theoretically then it should taper off due to the much reduced social interaction.

People have willingly given up their social liberties and freedoms, however it is a conditional surrender of those. Should the lockdown policy be seen as ineffectual they will be demanded back, taken back if necessary."

Absolutely so..... Britain is a freedom loving democracy and Brits will take so much but if is not working....who knows.

One of mu fear is that that this or its relatives will hang around for maybe years and will not be able to completely eradicate it... Hopefully sum of the best brains are working on this...

A simple, self administered test to know your status would be very important...

"That is right, it is only influenza, it will get better when it gets warmer as the virus is just viral during the cold months.

This is not influenzaIt actually have the same symptoms as this virus have."

Please tell me you’re being droll?

By *ltra72Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I'm not sure why people think that sunshine and warm weather are going to stop the virus. It's doing well enough in many hot sunny areas. The scientists say that the temperatures required to kill the virus are above 65 Celsius.

Cal

There’s a fake news advice thing going around purporting to be from an NHS trust. It says sunlight and UV kill the virus. It also adds that anything above 27 degrees will kill it! [facepalm emoji inducing]

Secondly it is true that, in Northern Europe, warmer weather means our immune systems are better prepared to fight infection. That’s why the “delay” phase was meant to wait until seasonal flu and other patients were fewer in hospitals. "

What’s the temperature like in China at the moment

durham

wrong... It has a couple of similar symptoms. It is a new, virus and not the flu. As one doctor in Italy said it is more like a plague

I keep coming back to the point here that families will not stay cooped up together in summer roasting inside? It is not going to happen and the Law makers know that. This thing will be over in weeks and some normality will come back. The financial measures will all be paid back, we will all suffer financially to pay for it. The Government had already prepared for war or germ warfare (just keeping services going). Hence the reason for the compensation plan being developed more or less overnight. It all has to be paid back.

More to the point they know people will not roast inside on a daily basis.

most fundamental aspects

Cal

Secondly it is true that, in Northern Europe, warmer weather means our immune systems are better prepared to fight infection. That’s why the “delay” phase was meant to wait until seasonal flu and other patients were fewer in hospitals.

What’s the temperature like in China at the moment "

Why don’t you check?

China is massive and spans a lot of different climate areas.

Put simply the British people will not stay in their homes (or domestic ovens) in summer. Two things can happen, the virus will die off and we will be back to normal with a messed up economy or the people will rebel after being sick and tired of being cooped up. I think by that time the people will say that the virus has to run its course whether the NHS can handle it or not....discuss? "

.. were all ok as we live on a small holding in Dale's so plenty to do for us .. views to die for stay safe people x

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Keeping an eye on Africa.

If it rips through sub sahara and crosses into N Africa, next thing will be boatloads fleeing across the Mediterranean to a perceived safety of Europe.

This is not influenzaIt actually have the same symptoms as this virus have.

Please tell me you’re being droll?"

Yep he’s being a droll ?

It's ok you saying that at your age of 70 odd , you've had a good innings so far but like us in our 40s n our young family we want to live whether it be just existing ..... stay safe ..

"Keeping an eye on Africa.

If it rips through sub sahara and crosses into N Africa, next thing will be boatloads fleeing across the Mediterranean to a perceived safety of Europe. "

Something to consider, that if spreading then it would spread from Iran across to North Africa already. It is probably rife everywhere and people don't know it? I know for sure it was here and spreading before people knew it?

VIRUS !! MAN MADE OR ??????

edinburgh

Cal

What’s the temperature like in China at the moment

Why don’t you check?

China is massive and spans a lot of different climate areas. "

Just checked Wuhan only 8 degrees. There’s my point out the window

most fundamental aspects

"I keep coming back to the point here that families will not stay cooped up together in summer roasting inside? It is not going to happen and the Law makers know that. This thing will be over in weeks and some normality will come back. The financial measures will all be paid back, we will all suffer financially to pay for it. The Government had already prepared for war or germ warfare (just keeping services going). Hence the reason for the compensation plan being developed more or less overnight. It all has to be paid back.

More to the point they know people will not roast inside on a daily basis."

I do take on board your concerns about the financial impact and let’s not underestimate the number of life changing injuries and deaths that will produce.

But you’re saying that people are selfish and there’s nothing that can be done to stop them rebelling. Some will, some won’t. A warm British day is nothing compared to those on total lockdown in hotter climates are experiencing (I speak to one almost daily) but they are staying in their houses as instructed.

Rather than looking for problems, how about solutions. Someone earlier on this thread gave practical suggestions and was ignored (including by me I accept) in responses.

So order an AC unit now. Think smart for how you’re going to cope.

Finally that old adage MTV used to tout:

If you’re not part of the solution; you’re part of the problem

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Please don't think this virus will die out in the summer

It is likely doing just fine hotter climates even though the true numbers aren't being recorded

If you are going to post facts regarding the virus please ensure they are factually accurate

The virus is here to stay. If not in its present form, then a mutated form.

Cheltenham

"If you are going to post facts regarding the virus please ensure they are factually accurate "

Posted loads of facts but people prefer doom porn

most fundamental aspects

"

Tbh, we find that by closing curtains and windows on really hot days is better than having them open and letting that hot air in.

Respect we don't live on the twelfth floor of a poorly built tower block as regards cooling etc..

"

Good advice. Belated appreciation to right my wrong.

most fundamental aspects

"If you are going to post facts regarding the virus please ensure they are factually accurate "

Exactly. If someone is so sure of their facts, then they need to be able to provide info sources to back them up.

"People won't rebel.

I am hoping for improvements by Easter (as the good man Mr Trump says). "

Viruses, bacteria and fungi have been around for as long, if not longer than we have. Theyll survive longer than us as long as there are organic hosts.

"That is right, it is only influenza, it will get better when it gets warmer as the virus is just viral during the cold months."

Bless you, but no and no and no.

Similar. But it is more virulent (transmission rates are higher), different incubation rate and possibly less severe (this is a difficult one as we don't know the mortality rate).

If the tests are not provided free of charge to say people have had it then there could be trouble. If I have it then have a test I still can not go out because it looks like I am rebelling hence the reason for the tests not being available on mass. If I have it and immune then why can't I go out (I speak on behalf of all that have had it of course). I have had it so why can't my life continue as normal (that's not being selfish if cured)?

Cheltenham

"If the tests are not provided free of charge to say people have had it then there could be trouble. If I have it then have a test I still can not go out because it looks like I am rebelling hence the reason for the tests not being available on mass. If I have it and immune then why can't I go out (I speak on behalf of all that have had it of course). I have had it so why can't my life continue as normal (that's not being selfish if cured)?"

You'll have a big tattoo saying "safe"

"Please don't think this virus will die out in the summer

It is likely doing just fine hotter climates even though the true numbers aren't being recorded "

MERS is a corona virus (camels) and was pandemic throughout the middle East, so why would one not think this global pandemic virus won't rip through hotter climates?

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

You've had it?

"If the tests are not provided free of charge to say people have had it then there could be trouble. If I have it then have a test I still can not go out because it looks like I am rebelling hence the reason for the tests not being available on mass. If I have it and immune then why can't I go out (I speak on behalf of all that have had it of course). I have had it so why can't my life continue as normal (that's not being selfish if cured)?"

Immunity isn't a cure - it provides the body means to kill a second exposure to the virus before it takes hold.

"If the tests are not provided free of charge to say people have had it then there could be trouble. If I have it then have a test I still can not go out because it looks like I am rebelling hence the reason for the tests not being available on mass. If I have it and immune then why can't I go out (I speak on behalf of all that have had it of course). I have had it so why can't my life continue as normal (that's not being selfish if cured)?

You'll have a big tattoo saying "safe""

Id or check number given by a recorded database of recovered individuals. Please start the project today of recording data (Government civil servants still in a job yet still spreading the virus around offices).

I hope it does clear up and they fund a vaccine and not that many people die from it heartbreaking at the moment knowing there is no cure

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Whether you have had it or not you can still potentially spread it to vulnerable people though.

"You've had it?"

Yes, so why has my freedom still being taken away as I can not pass it on now can I? The reason is if people see people being free then they will want FREEDOM...

Exactly, and when the WHO start asking fabswingers for there input then I’ll really start to worry even more.

Bolton

"If you are going to post facts regarding the virus please ensure they are factually accurate

Exactly, and when the WHO start asking fabswingers for there input then I’ll really start to worry even more."

I don't know.....!??? There are some bright folk on here..!!

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

to put things into some sort of perspective.

the WHO states 24149 people have died of corona virus ( that's up til midnight last night )

the WHO also state that 13391 people died of hunger TODAY, why is no one trying to end the hunger in the world

Cheltenham

"to put things into some sort of perspective.

the WHO states 24149 people have died of corona virus ( that's up til midnight last night )

the WHO also state that 13391 people died of hunger TODAY, why is no one trying to end the hunger in the world

"

They didn't die of Corona virus.

They died with it.

Huge distinction

most fundamental aspects

"You've had it?

Yes, so why has my freedom still being taken away as I can not pass it on now can I? The reason is if people see people being free then they will want FREEDOM... "

So you’ve had it and that was confirmed with a test?

Bolton

"to put things into some sort of perspective.

"

Good idea to keep an things in perspective.

Another one. In 2018 (long before CV) some thing over half a million people died (yes, that's right !!0. Daily death rate about 1500 per day. That was normal, it happens. We all end up there one way or another.

nottingham

I'm with you on that one, but that's the official figure, that 99.99% will believe

Bolton

OK should say that stat is for UK......

Ok ok alright already (as the wonderful Mr Trump might say) we are getting off topic.

Will the people all stay indoors in the summer when roasting and suffering from heat exhaustion? My view is no, and the Government know that.

nottingham

too true, and 14million people have already died today to prove it

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

"Ok ok alright already (as the wonderful Mr Trump might say) we are getting off topic.

Will the people all stay indoors in the summer when roasting and suffering from heat exhaustion? My view is no, and the Government know that."

You live in Leeds, not exactly the tropics!

nottingham

In my opinion it will disappear as fast as it came, by the end of April, just like all the others did

Cheltenham

"In my opinion it will disappear as fast as it came, by the end of April, just like all the others did "

Lockdown wont

most fundamental aspects

"Ok ok alright already (as the wonderful Mr Trump might say) we are getting off topic.

Will the people all stay indoors in the summer when roasting and suffering from heat exhaustion? My view is no, and the Government know that."

The topic you began was whether warm weather would make the virus less virulent. You went on to say that countries with hotter climates were not as badly affected. Both these were explained.

If you honestly think you’ll get heatstroke whilst staying indoors in the location you show, then I feel very little point in continuing to try to help by providing trusted info sources of facts.

By *rant4Man  over a year ago

South Wales & London

Only the people who talk about rebelling would even think about doing it. Most people would love a holiday or to go out do normal things. But my health and the health of others comes first I'm afraid. I'm not selfish!!!

edinburgh

"In my opinion it will disappear as fast as it came, by the end of April, just like all the others did "

I’m not sure myself. Years ago tuberculosis was rife albeit supposedly in the lower classes. To this day people are still catching it

North Bucks

People are being asked to stay home stop the spread and ease the burden on the NHS.

Yes people die everyday in already over loaded hospitals and at home but this pandemic is swamping hospitals in the London area already so how about helping to ease that burden.

If people stayed at home until it’s under control then expect the restrictions to hopefully ease by summer.

Infrastructure is swamped so you won’t get tested until the NHS and the rest of the frontline is checked.

It’s not some draconian measure imposed to control the population and fuck the economy up on purpose.

How’s that for perspective?

Very good indeed.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"People are being asked to stay home stop the spread and ease the burden on the NHS.

Yes people die everyday in already over loaded hospitals and at home but this pandemic is swamping hospitals in the London area already so how about helping to ease that burden.

If people stayed at home until it’s under control then expect the restrictions to hopefully ease by summer.

Infrastructure is swamped so you won’t get tested until the NHS and the rest of the frontline is checked.

It’s not some draconian measure imposed to control the population and fuck the economy up on purpose.

How’s that for perspective?

"

That’s ok with me

Will the people all stay indoors in the summer when roasting and suffering from heat exhaustion? My view is no, and the Government know that.

You live in Leeds, not exactly the tropics!"

Something tells me you live in a house with a garden as I do? Maybe think about those in flats who will suffer from the heat in summer and comment?

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"You've had it?

Yes, so why has my freedom still being taken away as I can not pass it on now can I? The reason is if people see people being free then they will want FREEDOM... "

If you have had the virus and recovered then you still can pass the virus on. If you touch contaminated door handles and then touch a shopping cart, you will leave the virus on the shopping cart to pass onto others.

"You've had it?

Yes, so why has my freedom still being taken away as I can not pass it on now can I? The reason is if people see people being free then they will want FREEDOM...

If you have had the virus and recovered then you still can pass the virus on. If you touch contaminated door handles and then touch a shopping cart, you will leave the virus on the shopping cart to pass onto others. "

Are you sure about that?

Ipswich

It is likely doing just fine hotter climates even though the true numbers aren't being recorded

MERS is a corona virus (camels) and was pandemic throughout the middle East, so why would one not think this global pandemic virus won't rip through hotter climates? "

Precisely. It survives in 110 degree heat just fine. The British summer will in no way mitigate it

MERS is a corona virus (camels) and was pandemic throughout the middle East, so why would one not think this global pandemic virus won't rip through hotter climates?

Precisely. It survives in 110 degree heat just fine. The British summer will in no way mitigate it"

Shall I slit my wrists now then?

Bolton

"Only the people who talk about rebelling would even think about doing it. Most people would love a holiday or to go out do normal things. But my health and the health of others comes first I'm afraid. I'm not selfish!!!"

OK see your sentiment.....

for a limited period many will accept it.....but cannot seriously be suggesting we live the rest of lives like this... It won't happen...

"You've had it?

Due to the varied life of the virus on certain surfaces (reportedly up to 72 hours), you could pick up the live virus and transfer it to other surfaces.

Bracknell

"You've had it?

If you have had the virus and recovered then you still can pass the virus on. If you touch contaminated door handles and then touch a shopping cart, you will leave the virus on the shopping cart to pass onto others.

Are you sure about that?"

What? You think because you have had it that it will die off if it touches your body?

"If you are going to post facts regarding the virus please ensure they are factually accurate

Exactly, and when the WHO start asking fabswingers for there input then I’ll really start to worry even more.

I don't know.....!??? There are some bright folk on here..!!"

Thank you Mike

What others have disappeared?

Before you answer, note that no more recorded cases does not equate to no more cases.

Can we have some clarity? Someone is infected and they isolate for 2 weeks. The virus is dead, that person should be tested to prove it then that person is free and does not infect others. The Government do not want this as it will be seen as one rule for one and another for everyone so we all isolate for a certain time to stop any potential civil unrest.

Please correct me if needed but what I would say is that if you say that the virus never dies then you are saying we isolate forever then or maybe you have a duration. Put simply NO.

"Can we have some clarity? Someone is infected and they isolate for 2 weeks. The virus is dead, that person should be tested to prove it then that person is free and does not infect others. The Government do not want this as it will be seen as one rule for one and another for everyone so we all isolate for a certain time to stop any potential civil unrest.

Please correct me if needed but what I would say is that if you say that the virus never dies then you are saying we isolate forever then or maybe you have a duration. Put simply NO."

Do common cold viruses die?

Do the flu viruses die?

Will this virus die? History tells me no.

"Can we have some clarity? Someone is infected and they isolate for 2 weeks. The virus is dead, that person should be tested to prove it then that person is free and does not infect others. The Government do not want this as it will be seen as one rule for one and another for everyone so we all isolate for a certain time to stop any potential civil unrest.

Please correct me if needed but what I would say is that if you say that the virus never dies then you are saying we isolate forever then or maybe you have a duration. Put simply NO."

If upwards of 60% of the global population gets it, we will have global immunity. Hopefully by that time we will have a vaccine for the vulnerable.

Please correct me if needed but what I would say is that if you say that the virus never dies then you are saying we isolate forever then or maybe you have a duration. Put simply NO.

Do the flu viruses die?

Will this virus die? History tells me no. "

Thank you for making me feel better lol. Yes flu and cold viruses do die off don't they and we become immune? 2020 and a vaccine provided, surely it won't kill us all off and we will be playing out again in summer.

Bracknell

The virus can be caught in two ways. Someone with the virus coughing near you and aerosols droplets getting into your airways/eyes or you touch your face if it is on your hands. Or the infected person has the virus on their hands and they touch an object and hence pass the virus onto that object. If you touch the object you can then touch your face and catch it. You can also pass the virus on if you touch other objects.

If you have had the virus and recovered, you will have antibodies inside your body that will kill off the virus if you come into contact with it again. The external part of your body (eg hands) will not kill off the virus and hence you can still spread it onto others by touching other objects.

People who have had the virus could work/socialise together as they will not pass it onto each other. Of course we would need some sort of identification system for those that have recovered.

More people will catch the virus over time and recover and eventually a vaccine will become available and then people will be immune to the virus (of course the anti vaxxers will still be in shit creek).

The government will not keep everyone in solution until the vaccine becomes available. They however, I suspect, will have isolation periods followed by mingling periods and repeat that until a vaccine is available. This method is a way of keeping the numbers at any one time manageable for the NHS.

Do the flu viruses die?

Will this virus die? History tells me no.

Thank you for making me feel better lol. Yes flu and cold viruses do die off don't they and we become immune? 2020 and a vaccine provided, surely it won't kill us all off and we will be playing out again in summer."

Die down yes, die off no. Viruses are NOT eradicated.

If you have had the virus and recovered, you will have antibodies inside your body that will kill off the virus if you come into contact with it again. The external part of your body (eg hands) will not kill off the virus and hence you can still spread it onto others by touching other objects.

I thought at all times the virus was spread through respiratory system not external or airbourne?

Ipswich

Precisely. It survives in 110 degree heat just fine. The British summer will in no way mitigate it

Shall I slit my wrists now then? "

I wouldn't recommend it no

I would however recommend growing a pair and do what everyone else is having to do. Suck it up!

durham

I think what most people don't realise is that there is no quick fix to this. I have, a relative who works for the government. These people have all been told they have to prepare for a 6 months scenario of this now, .in this light surely people, will just have to get used to it and stop moaning

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Yes, there is the issue of Iran, but what about Iraq, Syria, Libya and so on. No statistics available. Did those in Iran travel elsewhere first who contacted the virus?

There is no way a family of four will stay in a flat without air con in summer. It is an impossibility law or no law?"

For those of us that live in flats most are prepared for hot summers with fans / air con units. If still in lockdown, then getting out for up to an hour will be our luxury, only difference bring we will try and get out each day unlike we are doing now, every four days

"I think what most people don't realise is that there is no quick fix to this. I have, a relative who works for the government. These people have all been told they have to prepare for a 6 months scenario of this now, .in this light surely people, will just have to get used to it and stop moaning "

Yup

We're only a few days in

Its gonna get alot worse before it gets better, so we may as well suck it up and try and make the best of it

I would however recommend growing a pair and do what everyone else is having to do. Suck it up!"

What do you think I am doing now. Only a sensible answer will do or me and you will no doubt row about it based on you slagging me off?

Cheltenham

I would however recommend growing a pair and do what everyone else is having to do. Suck it up!

What do you think I am doing now. Only a sensible answer will do or me and you will no doubt row about it based on you slagging me off? "

only one week in, you got 6 more months

Bracknell

"If you have had the virus and recovered, you will have antibodies inside your body that will kill off the virus if you come into contact with it again. The external part of your body (eg hands) will not kill off the virus and hence you can still spread it onto others by touching other objects.

I thought at all times the virus was spread through respiratory system not external or airbourne?"

Omg I give up. What do you think the washing your hands for 20 min means? I didn't say it was airborne, I said from aerosol droplets from people coughing and they will not travel far and hence being 2 m apart

"If you have had the virus and recovered, you will have antibodies inside your body that will kill off the virus if you come into contact with it again. The external part of your body (eg hands) will not kill off the virus and hence you can still spread it onto others by touching other objects.

I thought at all times the virus was spread through respiratory system not external or airbourne?"

My suggestion to you is to read up how any pathogen (any microbe causing disease) transmits and causes infection. The second thing is to read up on the immune system.

durham

the virus remains on all hard surfaces.it remains on your skin unless you wash thoroughly. If it's on your hands and you then touch your face you are basically doing the work of the virus, yourself. You can get it by touching these hard surfaces..Once it's in your respiratory system, it's found a home

I thought at all times the virus was spread through respiratory system not external or airbourne?

Omg I give up. What do you think the washing your hands for 20 min means? I didn't say it was airborne, I said from aerosol droplets from people coughing and they will not travel far and hence being 2 m apart"

20 seconds

And everyone is now a doctor

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"And everyone is now a doctor "

Ipswich

What do you think I am doing now. Only a sensible answer will do or me and you will no doubt row about it based on you slagging me off? "

I give up. Do what you like

Bracknell

Omg I give up. What do you think the washing your hands for 20 min means? I didn't say it was airborne, I said from aerosol droplets from people coughing and they will not travel far and hence being 2 m apart

20 seconds "

Lol yep 20 seconds. I was too flabbergasted

Bracknell

Nope just basic biology

What do you think I am doing now. Only a sensible answer will do or me and you will no doubt row about it based on you slagging me off?

I give up. Do what you like "

That is not a sensible answer. I have told you that I am doing as everyone else is and isolating and doing my thing by not working. Yes, you do right to give up?

"And everyone is now a doctor

Nope just basic biology"

If it’s basic biology why is everyone on a different understanding of it and how it effects ? Surely if it was so basic everyone would have the same views, nugget

Some of us are in different healthcare professions.

Some of us are in different healthcare professions. "

Ok Dr

Ok Dr"

LOL is this just the start of the divide that this shtty virus will cause? You know it will all be coming. The poor people who are out of work are very angry and some might have the thought that the virus should take who it takes and be done with it (I couldn't possibly comment)

Ok Dr

LOL is this just the start of the divide that this shtty virus will cause? You know it will all be coming. The poor people who are out of work are very angry and some might have the thought that the virus should take who it takes and be done with it (I couldn't possibly comment)"

I have a 4 week paid holiday, happy chappy here, virus can take who it likes though.

Ok Dr"

Bless

Ok Dr

Bless"

Thanks doc, best luck fighting the fight on the biological front line

Bracknell

Nope just basic biology

If it’s basic biology why is everyone on a different understanding of it and how it effects ? Surely if it was so basic everyone would have the same views, nugget "

Lol insulting on your first reply. All That I said is also on the BBC website on how you can catch it and pass it on. It's been put out to the public for weeks now. I was just trying to help the guy as he didn't seem to grasp the ways of passing it on

Ok Dr

Bless

Thanks doc, best luck fighting the fight on the biological front line "

Bless, your age tells me everything

Nope just basic biology

If it’s basic biology why is everyone on a different understanding of it and how it effects ? Surely if it was so basic everyone would have the same views, nugget

Lol insulting on your first reply. All That I said is also on the BBC website on how you can catch it and pass it on. It's been put out to the public for weeks now. I was just trying to help the guy as he didn't seem to grasp the ways of passing it on"

Grasp the ways. All I have read here today is a load of misery and negative attitudes. I am not staying in the house in summer for sure. I know millions will do the same too.

I also notice in society that those who still have jobs seem to be the nastiest to those out of work sacrificing themselves for the NHS. I would say now that those that have a job should think themselves lucky and yes that includes all in healthcare. All civil servants would be crying now if they lost their jobs just like those in the Private Sector. Trouble to come between the two groups of society for sure as they never agree?

Apologies for going off topic...

"I think what most people don't realise is that there is no quick fix to this. I have, a relative who works for the government. These people have all been told they have to prepare for a 6 months scenario of this now, .in this light surely people, will just have to get used to it and stop moaning "

I have a relative who works for the government , he’s on the bins!

most fundamental aspects

Nope just basic biology

Lol insulting on your first reply. All That I said is also on the BBC website on how you can catch it and pass it on. It's been put out to the public for weeks now. I was just trying to help the guy as he didn't seem to grasp the ways of passing it on

Grasp the ways. All I have read here today is a load of misery and negative attitudes. I am not staying in the house in summer for sure. I know millions will do the same too. "

Well you haven’t read your own thread. Giving useful information with reputable sources to back them up is not negative.

The negativity has come from your negativity towards positive steps to have a positive long term impact on everyone. Maybe I’m being too positive and hoping that fewer people /test/ positive as a result.

4 weeks? Not a chance.

North Bucks

Nope just basic biology

Grasp the ways. All I have read here today is a load of misery and negative attitudes. I am not staying in the house in summer for sure. I know millions will do the same too.

I also notice in society that those who still have jobs seem to be the nastiest to those out of work sacrificing themselves for the NHS. I would say now that those that have a job should think themselves lucky and yes that includes all in healthcare. All civil servants would be crying now if they lost their jobs just like those in the Private Sector. Trouble to come between the two groups of society for sure as they never agree? "

Yeah those healthcare types should really think themselves lucky at times like these

Like the wonderful main man Mr Trump says...Easter and we'll be back on it? Fingers crossed positive people, or should that be negative people.

I am positive because I have had the virus (not that the Government wants me to acknowledge that). I am also positive saying that we will not be in our homes isolating in summer.

Nope just basic biology

I also notice in society that those who still have jobs seem to be the nastiest to those out of work sacrificing themselves for the NHS. I would say now that those that have a job should think themselves lucky and yes that includes all in healthcare. All civil servants would be crying now if they lost their jobs just like those in the Private Sector. Trouble to come between the two groups of society for sure as they never agree?

Yeah those healthcare types should really think themselves lucky at times like these "

YOU wanna ask them how they would feel with no income coming in first, virus or no virus and hard work?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Untrue, not the end of April but 22nd May just after the one show.

Terry, who wanders around the park told me.

Terry's never wrong, the voice in his head told him.

North Bucks

Nope just basic biology

Yeah those healthcare types should really think themselves lucky at times like these

YOU wanna ask them how they would feel with no income coming in first, virus or no virus and hard work?"

What? Why should I ask them that? How are you being relevant?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If the disease dies in summer, why are there thousands of cases in Australia?

most fundamental aspects

"If the disease dies in summer, why are there thousands of cases in Australia?"

And Iran, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia. India locked down....

Manchester (she/her)

"If the disease dies in summer, why are there thousands of cases in Australia?

And Iran, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia. India locked down.... "

Some corona viruses are seasonal. This one doesn't seem to be.

"If the disease dies in summer, why are there thousands of cases in Australia?"

Your point being??? We could presume or be corrected that it does not die in summer as you say? Then what do we do, do we roast indoors.....Discuss again I think, do we boil and roast indoors?

Let's be positive and say no, it won't be the case as by that time most people will have had it and the vulnerable will have been protected. Next move?

Manchester (she/her)

Your point being??? We could presume or be corrected that it does not die in summer as you say? Then what do we do, do we roast indoors.....Discuss again I think, do we boil and roast indoors?

Let's be positive and say no, it won't be the case as by that time most people will have had it and the vulnerable will have been protected. Next move? "

Let's be sensible, observe the patterns in Australia, and adapt our lifestyles to deal with being stuck inside.

If Australians can do it, some without air conditioning, with maximum temperatures sometimes topping 45, we can "roast and boil" with our scorching 25 heat waves.

Manchester (she/her)

Being positive against the evidence is foolish and will cost lives. Let's be realistic and responsible.

edinburgh

Some of us are in different healthcare professions. "

Have you got a nurses uniform

Let's be positive and say no, it won't be the case as by that time most people will have had it and the vulnerable will have been protected. Next move?

Let's be sensible, observe the patterns in Australia, and adapt our lifestyles to deal with being stuck inside.

If Australians can do it, some without air conditioning, with maximum temperatures sometimes topping 45, we can "roast and boil" with our scorching 25 heat waves."

NOPE

Manchester (she/her)

If Australians can do it, some without air conditioning, with maximum temperatures sometimes topping 45, we can "roast and boil" with our scorching 25 heat waves.

NOPE "

Shrug. Not my problem if you can't handle it. Just stay at home and don't make it my problem by spreading disease.

NW London

"Being positive against the evidence is foolish and will cost lives. Let's be realistic and responsible."

Agreed, but we also need to accept that self isolation may or may not work as a total measure. If after a reasonable period of time since the lockdown began infection rates haven't dropped or the curve doesn't flatten it could become necessary to look at other means (including a partial loosening of lockdown rules).

Regarding the warm weather, it appears that the virus thrives mostly in cold conditions and spreads less easily in hotter temperatures (similar to common flu).

NOPE

Shrug. Not my problem if you can't handle it. Just stay at home and don't make it my problem by spreading disease."

NOPE and don't tell me what to do. You are the last person in the World I would take instructions from, sorry.

Manchester (she/her)

"Being positive against the evidence is foolish and will cost lives. Let's be realistic and responsible.

Agreed, but we also need to accept that self isolation may or may not work as a total measure. If after a reasonable period of time since the lockdown began infection rates haven't dropped or the curve doesn't flatten it could become necessary to look at other means (including a partial loosening of lockdown rules).

Regarding the warm weather, it appears that the virus thrives mostly in cold conditions and spreads less easily in hotter temperatures (similar to common flu)."

It's possible but I don't think it's worth contemplating yet.

Manchester (she/her)

NOPE

Shrug. Not my problem if you can't handle it. Just stay at home and don't make it my problem by spreading disease.

NOPE and don't tell me what to do. You are the last person in the World I would take instructions from, sorry. "

I'm honoured.

The British Bulldog spirit will kill off the virus before summer and we will move on, but people will be in debt (oh look the financial services sector will do ok again).

The vulnerable will have been protected to the best we have to offer and everyone will hopefully be grateful to others. We will all be grateful to the NHS and the NHS will also be grateful to all those that have lost jobs and are up a creek without a paddle.

Then we will all fuck like happy little bunnies and it will be happy ever after.

Nope just basic biology

I also notice in society that those who still have jobs seem to be the nastiest to those out of work sacrificing themselves for the NHS. I would say now that those that have a job should think themselves lucky and yes that includes all in healthcare. All civil servants would be crying now if they lost their jobs just like those in the Private Sector. Trouble to come between the two groups of society for sure as they never agree? "

And it is attitudes like this that will ultimately cost lives.

The British Bulldog spirit will kill off the virus before summer and we will move on, but people will be in debt (oh look the financial services sector will do ok again).

The vulnerable will have been protected to the best we have to offer and everyone will hopefully be grateful to others. We will all be grateful to the NHS and the NHS will also be grateful to all those that have lost jobs and are up a creek without a paddle.

Then we will all fuck like happy little bunnies and it will be happy ever after.

Babs....unfortunately you are off topic, and the moment has passed please read the post again and clear your mind.

Also, why hide your profile, there is no reason to?

Have you got a nurses uniform "

You can give it the naughty devil all you like - the uniforms are so not sexy

"Babs....unfortunately you are off topic, and the moment has passed please read the post again and clear your mind.

Also, why hide your profile, there is no reason to? "

I’m not off topic. Please don’t be rude in your response to me. There really is no need. You said you wouldn’t stay in over the summer. That will cost lives if everyone behaves like that.

As for hiding my profile. My choice to hide, my reasons are mine alone. You didn’t need to look

Cheltenham

You can give it the naughty devil all you like - the uniforms are so not sexy "

Isn't it how you wear it?

"Being positive against the evidence is foolish and will cost lives. Let's be realistic and responsible.

Regarding the warm weather, it appears that the virus thrives mostly in cold conditions and spreads less easily in hotter temperatures (similar to common flu)."

It could be down to a reduction of vitamin D. Vitamin D is readily more available in the summer. And it does play a vital role in our immune systems.

Manchester (she/her)

Regarding the warm weather, it appears that the virus thrives mostly in cold conditions and spreads less easily in hotter temperatures (similar to common flu).

It could be down to a reduction of vitamin D. Vitamin D is readily more available in the summer. And it does play a vital role in our immune systems. "

I'm taking vitamin D orally. Win win

"Babs....unfortunately you are off topic, and the moment has passed please read the post again and clear your mind.

I’m not off topic. Please don’t be rude in your response to me. There really is no need. You said you wouldn’t stay in over the summer. That will cost lives if everyone behaves like that.

As for hiding my profile. My choice to hide, my reasons are mine alone. You didn’t need to look "

Babs Babs Babs I am being very polite, how very rude of you. No no no you need to prove what you say with facts. Everyone will free free in summer apart from those with the virus in isolation which won't be many at all. I do hope you are not being negative and scaremongering please.

It could be down to a reduction of vitamin D. Vitamin D is readily more available in the summer. And it does play a vital role in our immune systems.

I'm taking vitamin D orally. Win win"

Me too. I'm sure I could find some research (query how rigorous) on a high proportion of the population being deficient in vit D. But I take it as I nearly died from the granddaddy of all viruses last year.

As for hiding my profile. My choice to hide, my reasons are mine alone. You didn’t need to look

Babs Babs Babs I am being very polite, how very rude of you. No no no you need to prove what you say with facts. Everyone will free free in summer apart from those with the virus in isolation which won't be many at all. I do hope you are not being negative and scaremongering please. "

Facts are good and so is everyone being united in obeying the rules. I am positive that there are still far too many people that disregard advice. I suppose for some they need to be directly touched by by this virus to grasp the situation unfortunately.

Manchester (she/her)

Babs Babs Babs I am being very polite, how very rude of you. No no no you need to prove what you say with facts. Everyone will free free in summer apart from those with the virus in isolation which won't be many at all. I do hope you are not being negative and scaremongering please.

Facts are good and so is everyone being united in obeying the rules. I am positive that there are still far too many people that disregard advice. I suppose for some they need to be directly touched by by this virus to grasp the situation unfortunately. "

Sometimes we need to be scared. Covid-19 doesn't give a damn about positive thinking.

NW London

It's possible but I don't think it's worth contemplating yet."

Yes, we need to give it a reasonable amount of time. It was only this time last week that pubs and shops were open almost as usual.

Theoretically three weeks from Monday 23rd March (start of lockdown) we should see a notable reduction in new cases (based on the two week incubation assumption).

edinburgh

You can give it the naughty devil all you like - the uniforms are so not sexy "

Oh yes they are

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The virus needs to find new victims to infect to remain in this country. Once each victim passes it to less than 1 other person on average, then it starts to decline, until not a single person has it. Obviously health and care staff may become the pool of people who haven't been infected but meet new patients who can give it to them but they will potentially become better dressed and protected, as well as having fewer of them who haven't already been infected.

As infected people don't manage to pass it on, it dies out, ss long as travellers to the UK don't bring it here.

If fully self-isolating, it could be gone in a matter of weeks.

People are hungry to go out but bars, restaurants, gyms etc are closed. If risk levels decrease, more people may break isolation, though will increase the risk levels again. I think that people are more likely to increase their social circle at homes, than attempt longer distance travel to beahes etc, especially England and Wales, with higher population densities compared to much of Scotland, for example.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

We are adaptable..

The point here of discussion is the matter of roasting inside without air con. Impossible and the Government and Law makers know that. If they want isolation in summer then I believe they understand they will not get what they want. They could well be preparing for trouble, but I don't think we will get there as the virus will die off (hoping too)."

In all honesty there are two principal considerations here - namely

1) How long will it take for the virus to peak and largely dissipate - leaving us with a trickle of handleable cases.

2) How long can the British economy afford to be on lockdown.

Should the virus not dissipate within the next few months we’ll reach a point when we HAVE to risk going back to work and allowing society to function at an almost normal level - or we’ll be in danger of having no society left to return to.

Whilst I recoil in horror at Trumps affirmations that ‘churches will be full’ in the US by Easter - there will have to come a point where each country will need to do a balancing act!

That’s not a heartless comment - just a grim reality!

We are adaptable..

The point here of discussion is the matter of roasting inside without air con. Impossible and the Government and Law makers know that. If they want isolation in summer then I believe they understand they will not get what they want. They could well be preparing for trouble, but I don't think we will get there as the virus will die off (hoping too).

In all honesty there are two principal considerations here - namely

1) How long will it take for the virus to peak and largely dissipate - leaving us with a trickle of handleable cases.

2) How long can the British economy afford to be on lockdown.

Should the virus not dissipate within the next few months we’ll reach a point when we HAVE to risk going back to work and allowing society to function at an almost normal level - or we’ll be in danger of having no society left to return to.

Whilst I recoil in horror at Trumps affirmations that ‘churches will be full’ in the US by Easter - there will have to come a point where each country will need to do a balancing act!

That’s not a heartless comment - just a grim reality!

"

Good reply there...

Discus: How will the economy effect us any different to how it's already been?

The remainers all said it would completely collapse when we leave the EU, it dived a little, didn't collapse and I haven't felt any effect day to day.

As every country in the world will be effected by this I'm interested in seeing how it will make such a difference, since the way we gauge it is against others. That now becomes all relative.

I think we are all going to be ok (apart from the virus victims) but in debt more and the financial money wheel will go round and round. Certain people will profit from all this and a lot of good people will suffer. All of this was prepared for and now they have their cake but are only dishing out portions to certain people. Those that are already complying properly to the HMRC........