FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Road blocks for police checks

Road blocks for police checks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Anyone heard about having them in their area? I think I saw one getting setted up in Basingstoke yesterday.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone heard about having them in their area? I think I saw one getting setted up in Basingstoke yesterday. "

If people don't stay playing ball then this will be the tip of the iceberg

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I've seen pics of farcebook of them set up and operating near me the day after it was announced that they would be given the powers to do so.

It's good to know that things are being done as Boris said they would as I've seen and heard of far too many not taking the advice given seriously.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The met are now asking retired police to go back while this is on so guess they will ramp it up soon.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?"

Really?

"They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?"

Go have a think about what you just said.

If people only used common sense then this 3ould not have to take up resources...but you cant fix stupid eh..

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"If people only used common sense then this 3ould not have to take up resources...but you cant fix stupid eh.."

What part of "this was coming anyway" bit don't you understand?

"If people only used common sense then this 3ould not have to take up resources...but you cant fix stupid eh..

What part of "this was coming anyway" bit don't you understand?"

The fact that it is needed to start with...as it's only the stupid twats who need the guidance

You are part of the reason it's being stepped up because people not listening and following the advice.

This isn't a game, this is serious. People are dying and now also key workers are dying that are trying to help and keep this country safe and running.

If full lockdown happens or likely now to when it does, the people causing these measures might realise too late why.

Infuriating absolutely infuriating.

Why can't people do what is right

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

My friend's sister is front line nurse and sharing masks trying to save lives. Whilst her brother watches kids hanging out in groups in the streets

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

Every extra vehicle on the road that doesn't need to be there increases the likelihood of accidents which in turn uses up emergency services like police and ambulance who are also operating on reduced numbers. Apart from the fact they're needed elsewhere there's several potential points of contact and virus transmission right there.

More importantly if you have to be hospitalised because you 'didn't see the problem' (with a nice drive out, a trip to your favourite supermarket 20 miles away when there's another in your home town, or whatever) you'll be using up resources required not only for the deluge of Corona cases but all the other serious conditions people suffer from through no fault of their own but still need to be treated for.

And at a more mundane level, the more non essential miles you rack up, the more often you'll need petrol, with another risk of cross infection there from the pumps and pay screens. Or if you need to call for recovery that's yet another risk - to both of you - notwithstanding the fact that those services can also be put to much better use currently, e.g. key workers' vehicles instead of yours!

Need I go on? The police aren't checking journeys for some sort of power trip

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

This is a HEALTH problem, we do NOT need a Police state. The police should be helping not wasting time with road blocks....

Six months ago they could not be bothered to police the street. Now they sudden feel they need to....

Unbelievable.... !!!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Is it really that hard to stay inside to save lives? ffs some people.

Bolton

"

Need I go on? The police aren't checking journeys for some sort of power trip "

You think so.....???

Years of doing nothing and being emasculated and suddenly they have some power, it will go to their heads....

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

the thing is you are not supposed to go for a drive to relax. That is, unessary travel. Do people not get that. I welcome it. The idiots, then might start to learn. Do things right now before stricter measures might start happenimg. This I'm all right Jack attitude has to change

Bolton

"Is it really that hard to stay inside to save lives? ffs some people."

I cannot see how being out doors transmits the virus.... Explain please.

Walking and keeping apart....

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

If you have to ask what is the problem then you must have been living on the moon for the couple of weeks

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Is it really that hard to stay inside to save lives? ffs some people.

Walking and keeping apart...."

Can people be relied upon to do that though?

"This is a HEALTH problem, we do NOT need a Police state. The police should be helping not wasting time with road blocks....

Six months ago they could not be bothered to police the street. Now they sudden feel they need to....

Unbelievable.... !!!"

Because a lot of stupid twats were and some are still saying "it's just a cold" whilst fuckwits like them are still about ....sadly this is needed. As I said you cant fix stupid!

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

"This is a HEALTH problem, we do NOT need a Police state. The police should be helping not wasting time with road blocks....

Unbelievable.... !!!

Because a lot of stupid twats were and some are still saying "it's just a cold" whilst fuckwits like them are still about ....sadly this is needed. As I said you cant fix stupid!"

Some idiots still don’t get there is a major health risk here

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Walking and keeping apart...."

You never touch handrails in public? Open doors that aren't on your house?

Lift buttons?

Walking and keeping apart....

You never touch handrails in public? Open doors that aren't on your house?

Lift buttons?"

Stupid people do stupid things that are costing lives or they are bored and trying to rev up a reaction on here.

Derby

If natural selection would only hit those stupid enough to go against the guidelines of what is relatively safe, the world once we finally come out of this would be a far better place.

You lot who are so stupid you dont see that you're putting the rest if us at risk of are welcome to have the virus you seem so keen to spread...just stay the hell away from the rest of decent society.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"If people only used common sense then this 3ould not have to take up resources...but you cant fix stupid eh..

The fact that it is needed to start with...as it's only the stupid twats who need the guidance "

Have you looked at the world news lately? It's happening everywhere not just as a result of 'à few stupid twats' who won't follow orders'. It's global.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?

Go have a think about what you just said."

I did not say go for a walk,just sit in your car listening to the radio whatever,just a peacefull drive ,you would be as safe as being in your own home

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

"

You think so.....???

Years of doing nothing and being emasculated and suddenly they have some power, it will go to their heads...."

I am very close to saying something that'd get me banned here so I'll try to reply politely but your clear anti-police bias here isn't doing you any favours at all on a thread where the issue of stupidity amongst some members of the general public is being discussed.

To claim the police have spent 'years doing nothing' is a ridiculous statement. Perhaps that's your perception but there is a world of difference between 'doing nothing' and not having enough numbers to provide the service they, and the public, would like them to. You make it sound as if they've been sitting about scratching their arses just waiting for a bit of 'excitement' like.... errr.... I don't know, setting up roadblocks and questioning people whose behaviour could be seriously endangering the lives of others.

Give your head a wobble for heaven's sake. The police don't like the current situation any more than most of us and unlike most, will be in the front line tackling idiots who think vital guidance doesn't apply to them. The police have to contend with that sort of person deliberately and provocatively coughing in their faces when they take offence to being stopped but clearly that's a small price to pay for having the opportunity to throw their weight around!

What I do agree with you on is the fact this is a health issue. But police involvement is absolutely necessary to enforce behaviours which offers the best chance of keeping us all safe, the bloody stupid selfish 'no-one's telling me what to do-ers' included. Hardly the same thing as a 'police state' at all.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

I'd tell you but i.imagine you're far too important to listen to the thoughts of a covid ward nurse like me so just you carry on

Doing whatever the fuck you like. You of course won't want the help from the likes of me when you are gasping for breath and feeling like you are burning to death seeing as our advice hasn't been worthy of you.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Unbelievable.... !!!

Because a lot of stupid twats were and some are still saying "it's just a cold" whilst fuckwits like them are still about ....sadly this is needed. As I said you cant fix stupid!"

The fact that it is needed to start with...as it's only the stupid twats who need the guidance

Have you looked at the world news lately? It's happening everywhere not just as a result of 'à few stupid twats' who won't follow orders'. It's global. "

Yep the uk doesn't have the monopoly on stupid twats eh

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Have you looked at the world news lately? It's happening everywhere not just as a result of 'à few stupid twats' who won't follow orders'. It's global.

Yep the uk doesn't have the monopoly on stupid twats eh "

Monopoly? No.

More than its fair share? From the news reports I'm seeing then yes.

As for the lockdown? You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until it gets to full. Like Italy, Spain and France.

Then you will know what lockdown really is all about.

Monopoly? No.

As for the lockdown? You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until it gets to full. Like Italy, Spain and France.

Then you will know what lockdown really is all about."

And getting to that is all because of stupid cunts..yeah the same type of stupid cunts who were bragging about going to the pub on the last friday they were open and getting reduced beer..think as fuck cunts who never took any responsibility for their actions.

That is why we will go in total lockdown...stupid twats

"If natural selection would only hit those stupid enough to go against the guidelines of what is relatively safe, the world once we finally come out of this would be a far better place.

You lot who are so stupid you dont see that you're putting the rest if us at risk of are welcome to have the virus you seem so keen to spread...just stay the hell away from the rest of decent society."

Jesus mate, calm down.

Cheltenham

Monopoly? No.

And getting to that is all because of stupid cunts..yeah the same type of stupid cunts who were bragging about going to the pub on the last friday they were open and getting reduced beer..think as fuck cunts who never took any responsibility for their actions.

That is why we will go in total lockdown...stupid twats "

It's got nothing to do with people at the pub

Monopoly? No.

That is why we will go in total lockdown...stupid twats

It's got nothing to do with people at the pub"

It's got every thing to do with the attitude of people like that who where at the pub... fucking idikts and a lot of them exist on here

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

I have had to give all my staff official NHS letters to prove they should be on the road...

By *adysilkCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

No road locks round here or checks

Cheltenham

"No road locks round here or checks "

If you're Birmingham you'll be after London

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?the thing is you are not supposed to go for a drive to relax. That is, unessary travel. Do people not get that. I welcome it. The idiots, then might start to learn. Do things right now before stricter measures might start happenimg. This I'm all right Jack attitude has to change "
thing is for some.. a short drive to relax maybe the difference between getting through this and not. I know I've got my routes to the shops and to drop of supplies planned so I go on roads I enjoy driving... and although it's only 30mins max.. it perks me up no end. And before the people complaining about unnecessary travel.. I stick my drive to enjoy within the limits of going to the shop.. picking up prescriptions etc and dropping foods off... it's only marginally longer than going the straight way but windows open... music playing.. and a few nice corners has changed my mood from heading down to being content.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

A very simple answer.

The government have told you not to

Derby

"If natural selection would only hit those stupid enough to go against the guidelines of what is relatively safe, the world once we finally come out of this would be a far better place.

You lot who are so stupid you dont see that you're putting the rest if us at risk of are welcome to have the virus you seem so keen to spread...just stay the hell away from the rest of decent society.

Jesus mate, calm down."

Hahahaa I'm as calm as can be MATE,dont you worry you're pretty little head about it

"They have them near me very very bad this is ttally wrong.If people go for a drive to relax what is the problem?

A very simple answer.

The government have told you not to

"

Ah but all along the way the government stood back ( when I thought they should be doing more) and they hoped people would listen to their advise...sadly people were still posting about going to the pub in that time..the people who were acting responsible at that time and social distancing....did not have to wait for the government to make laws that they were already adhering to...especially when they seem boris shaking hands with everybody on a photo shoot. Another stupid twat eh

Exeter

"

It's got every thing to do with the attitude of people like that who where at the pub... fucking idikts and a lot of them exist on here "

It's a GLOBAL LOCKDOWN - the people at the pub are a drop of piss in the ocean. This mania to point the finger of blame at others.... Quarantine and confinement to home is/was inevitable. And we still have it a lot easier here in England than in many many other places so perhaps start looking at the half-full aspect of the glass instead of the half-empty one. Things are very likely to get tighter still and it's not going to be the fault of any individual groups of people.

Exeter

You also can't blame people for internalising the initial messages from our beloved leadership - that the virus was basically just a bad cold and was mostly harmless for people that weren't old or sick. That message was being reinforced over and over in the weeks that other countries were battening down the hatches and self-isolating. But since half the numpties that trusted BoJo enoug to vote for him, also trusted him to tell the truth, of course they didn't take it so seriously. And if you're worried that people have to wait to be told what to do by the Prime Minister before they do it, blame the fact that the Nanny State has turned vast swathes of the populace into either children that can't think or make decisions for themselves, or children that will do the opposite of what they're told on principle.

Its the norm here in Spain virus or no virus , big money earner for the 3 different police forces

"

It's got every thing to do with the attitude of people like that who where at the pub... fucking idikts and a lot of them exist on here

It's a GLOBAL LOCKDOWN - the people at the pub are a drop of piss in the ocean. This mania to point the finger of blame at others.... Quarantine and confinement to home is/was inevitable. And we still have it a lot easier here in England than in many many other places so perhaps start looking at the half-full aspect of the glass instead of the half-empty one. Things are very likely to get tighter still and it's not going to be the fault of any individual groups of people.

"

Some of us where watching the china lockdown then the italy ..then France. And acting responsibly...didn't have to wait for our government as they were acting fare too slow. And yeah in that time I was reading a lot of stupid fucking posts off a lot of people here...probably the same ones moaning about road blocks now

Jesus mate, calm down.

Hahahaa I'm as calm as can be MATE,dont you worry you're pretty little head about it "

I won’t, pal.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

What part of stay at home don't you understand

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Ive not heard of road blocks around here.

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 13:29:47]

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Am traveling from Huddersfield to Warwick tomorrow to pick grandson up to see his dad for a week or so have checked this is ok and told it is

The main problem is lack of information on travel advice

If you look on the government website it doesn't mention distances i.e "use closest supermarket'

It's obvious if you drive miles past a store, but what if your talking 1 or 2 miles extra.?

One guy was stopped and fined after after visiting local supermarket with bare shelves

And going elsewhere.

You then get stopped by a know it all gobshite lecturing flatfoot who doesn't give a shit about the reality of the situation

"Am traveling from Huddersfield to Warwick tomorrow to pick grandson up to see his dad for a week or so have checked this is ok and told it is"

Yeah it is. Seen it agreed to in the house of commons

The flatfoots should be visiting the beach snd othe car parking areas and other picknick areas instead of adding to the problem

So true read my status update think need army on streets sit out in the sunshine in own back yard wank to your favourite porn hurt no one try save us from ourselves x

Bolton

"

You think so.....???

Years of doing nothing and being emasculated and suddenly they have some power, it will go to their heads....

I am very close to saying something that'd get me banned here so I'll try to reply politely but your clear anti-police bias here isn't doing you any favours at all on a thread where the issue of stupidity amongst some members of the general public is being discussed.

To claim the police have spent 'years doing nothing' is a ridiculous statement. Perhaps that's your perception but there is a world of difference between 'doing nothing' and not having enough numbers to provide the service they, and the public, would like them to. You make it sound as if they've been sitting about scratching their arses just waiting for a bit of 'excitement' like.... errr.... I don't know, setting up roadblocks and questioning people whose behaviour could be seriously endangering the lives of others.

Give your head a wobble for heaven's sake. The police don't like the current situation any more than most of us and unlike most, will be in the front line tackling idiots who think vital guidance doesn't apply to them. The police have to contend with that sort of person deliberately and provocatively coughing in their faces when they take offence to being stopped but clearly that's a small price to pay for having the opportunity to throw their weight around!

What I do agree with you on is the fact this is a health issue. But police involvement is absolutely necessary to enforce behaviours which offers the best chance of keeping us all safe, the bloody stupid selfish 'no-one's telling me what to do-ers' included. Hardly the same thing as a 'police state' at all. "

Head does need a wobble, it quite happily on its own, thanks....

Not particularly pro or anti Police. They are just there, no more no less.

Don't be in any doubt about it we are in a Police state.

As I have commented elsewhere, this is a public HEALTH issue. NOT a law and order issue...

You an I just take a different view of how it should be handled. Our liberties and civil rights need to protected. They will be need ed long after this manky little virus has been sent on its way. If we cannot live in freedom is it worth living at all...??

Just one final thing try taking a longer term view...

Bolton

Head does NOT need a wobble.....!!!

Lstezt advice four hours ago from my posting 3:10pm today

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/drive-exercise-walk-dog-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-driving-explained-2519644

Well said the message

If people not taking heed will be a police state very soon life experiences generally say democracy far to open to knob heads might be a game changer

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’m in favour. People are not making sensible choices in my opinion.

Lots of check points tn the deven area over the past few day

I just hope no one on here is doing any online shopping for non essential food

Online shopping = a warehouse worker in work = no lockdown

So many adverts on facebook today with online shops still open and zero enforcement going on

Not seen any near me over the last few days.. but then I've been using back roads to go Places.

Because the way humans behave. We are a social animal. Like to socialise. Look at Victoria Park in Hackney. Closed because people vcany follow the rules. Look at the scum though who are coughing in emergency workers faces. Not by accident. Burning delivery trucks for kicks......... Can't change human behaviour.. From a retired met officer of 30 yrs.

I am from Belfast it used to be part of every day life so you just get on with life.if you have a good reason to do something then do it. Is just the matter of the police believing you.

"I just hope no one on here is doing any online shopping for non essential food

So many adverts on facebook today with online shops still open and zero enforcement going on"

If they sell it and deliver it....what do you call non-essential?

I’m in charge of 5 schools. I have to ask colleagues to put themselves in harms way to provide a safe space for their children to allow keyworker parents to keep on saving lives and supporting us as a society

FFS. Do your bit and stay inside. Simples.

So many adverts on facebook today with online shops still open and zero enforcement going on

If they sell it and deliver it....what do you call non-essential?"

If the normal shop is shut is closed so you don't need it to live.

My point is really a lot of people are focused on a few individuals behaviour but many thousands of people are still being forced to work when they shouldn't be undermining the whole lockdown by lack of government action.

Bolton

"If people not taking heed will be a police state very soon life experiences generally say democracy far to open to knob heads might be a game changer "

If having to put up with a few "knobheads" is the price we have pay to having , freedom, democracy and human rights.....I say bring on the "knobheads". Have to wonder why folk are so keen to have this Police state.

My point is really a lot of people are focused on a few individuals behaviour but many thousands of people are still being forced to work when they shouldn't be undermining the whole lockdown by lack of government action."

Ah so your not talking about online grocery shopping right?

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Can’t remember last time I saw a police officer on foot or car, we must all be behaving in our area

Bolton

My point is really a lot of people are focused on a few individuals behaviour but many thousands of people are still being forced to work when they shouldn't be undermining the whole lockdown by lack of government action."

If it helps keeps some sort of economy going and keep folks working ... go for it !!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Lstezt advice four hours ago from my posting 3:10pm today

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/drive-exercise-walk-dog-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-driving-explained-2519644"

Your post further up about someone driving from Warwick to Huddersfield contradicts that link

"If people not taking heed will be a police state very soon life experiences generally say democracy far to open to knob heads might be a game changer

If having to put up with a few "knobheads" is the price we have pay to having , freedom, democracy and human rights.....I say bring on the "knobheads". Have to wonder why folk are so keen to have this Police state. "

Because theres too many dickheads

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I’m in favour. People are not making sensible choices in my opinion. "

This

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Police are certainly stopping people and asking for reasons for their journeys and breaking up groups of people. Quite rightly so

"If people not taking heed will be a police state very soon life experiences generally say democracy far to open to knob heads might be a game changer

If having to put up with a few "knobheads" is the price we have pay to having , freedom, democracy and human rights.....I say bring on the "knobheads". Have to wonder why folk are so keen to have this Police state. "

You do have freedom. Having freedom doesn’t mean you get the right to put other people’s lives at risk.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can I remind people, normal rules apply when you post please

"Can I remind people, normal rules apply when you post please"

Are swear words still allowed?

Got stopped by one as I drove home after work as I crossed the border into North Wales. I got stopped and questioned l, while we were there about a dozen caravans and campers went past.

North Wales plod are fucking useless

Some of the comments on here beggars belief!

You got asked to stay at home and that never worked

You have been told to stay at home and that’s not worked.

So funny enough, the government has had enough and the road blocks are only the start. Hopefully the police start giving out big fines

By *ursecretsshh13Couple  over a year ago

crewe

Which part of STAY AT HOME do selfish people not understand.

Movement of people spreads the virus, so STAY AT HOME.

You will be the first to demand treatment when you catch it.

Over 180 people dead in 24hrs, because you cant STAY AT HOME.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Can I remind people, normal rules apply when you post please

Are swear words still allowed?"

If they aren't aimed at anybody.

"Which part of STAY AT HOME do selfish people not understand.

Movement of people spreads the virus, so STAY AT HOME.

You will be the first to demand treatment when you catch it.

Over 180 people dead in 24hrs, because you cant STAY AT HOME.

"

I’m a service engineer who works on power station control units; so I have to work.

I’m currently travelling the country with one other covering 8 engineers areas. I can’t even stop over and have to drive home each day,

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Unbelievable.... !!!"

Yes, I believe that was the official policy. They didn't police the streets because 'they could not be bothered.'

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Is that a serious question?

The problem is that it is not essential travel. There are only 4 reasons for leaving home:

One form of daily exercise

Shopping for essentials

Travelling to and from work

To fulfil medical needs

Going for a drive to relax is not one of them. So, I'd say that it's attitudes like yours that are the problem.

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

Unbelievable.... !!!"

If people would follow the rules they wouldn't have to

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

are you for real???

im less than 12 miles away from central london the area im in has 140 odd cases so far and climbing everyday.is akso a commuter town so plenty who have been working in lindon everyday so plenty of spreaders.yet arseholes round here are meeting up for there exercise in the park and wondering around in grous of 15/20 people been going on all week the old bill finaly started bollocking people round here last night.hopefully if any of those who cant follow a simple rule come down with it i hope they dont get a bed in front of someone who did follow the rules

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Unbelievable.... !!!"

It's a health problem that people are blatantly ignoring. Hence why the police are having to get involved. Keep on ignoring and the army will be involved as well. Simple.

Bolton

Unbelievable.... !!!

It's a health problem that people are blatantly ignoring. Hence why the police are having to get involved. Keep on ignoring and the army will be involved as well. Simple. "

Oh ...that is all we need..!!

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/drive-exercise-walk-dog-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-driving-explained-2519644

Your post further up about someone driving from Warwick to Huddersfield contradicts that link"

Eh? Moi? No not me, your confused dear

Bolton

Unbelievable.... !!!

If people would follow the rules they wouldn't have to "

People are following the rules.... I am pleased to say....

Unbelievable.... !!!

People are following the rules.... I am pleased to say...."

I am, however I am concerned that if i went to the nearest supe rmarket and they didn't have what i need so travel further to another shop, and get stopped at a road block, I just hope the cop has common sense when I explain i couldn't get what i needed in the shop behind me

If they aren't aimed at anybody."

Never do...unless someone calls me a cunt first

By *ebwizMan  over a year ago

Clevedon

"Head does NOT need a wobble.....!!!"
really I think it does. Wish the cops had more power to dish out some decent hiding to the scumbags I've had to deal with over the years. Judging by your profile photo you probably have not mixed at grass roots level. Try arson etc in your own front drive. The idiots are out there and they don't care, force is about all they know.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Unbelievable.... !!!

It's a health problem that people are blatantly ignoring. Hence why the police are having to get involved. Keep on ignoring and the army will be involved as well. Simple.

"

At this rate it is.

Bolton

A few on here who seem to be delighting in throwing insults around. I reckon folk do understand the gravity of the situation and are acting responsibly.

I have faith in human nature...people do care.

Unbelievable.... !!!

I am, however I am concerned that if i went to the nearest supe rmarket and they didn't have what i need so travel further to another shop, and get stopped at a road block, I just hope the cop has common sense when I explain i couldn't get what i needed in the shop behind me

"

No that would come down to his judgement of essentials...so if your first visit only had Branson bean in then you went looking for Heinz beans...I think you will have had your beans

Unbelievable.... !!!

Then you clearly have not seen the huge fire in Belmont. Started by half wits having BBQ in the warm weather

Bolton

Unbelievable.... !!!

At this rate it is. "

Err...No we don't. This Britain , not China. Right the forces should be brought for logistics and other support.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

here is an example of essential travel.my ex and her partner both key workers both working from this morning unti monday evening so they had to drop my daughter at 8 this morning fir me to look after her.thats essentisl travel .driving 10 miles to go to a supermarket because your local one doont have your favorite things in is not essential travel.neither is driving 15 miles to take ya dog for a walk.and if your taking the dog for a walk what the fuck are people doing driving em in a car anyway?pretty sure rover dont care were hes going as long as he can take a dump and cock his leg he be happy

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We’ve had people stopped in their cars. I have a magic letter from work

J x

By *ebwizMan  over a year ago

Clevedon

Not throwing insults but get fed up of police always coming under fire for trying to do a job that a lot don't want to do and invariably the job means they only deal with the worst of society. Its probably a good job there's more of us that care than don't. And yes I have relatives and friends who are police officers.

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

Unbelievable.... !!!

You are burying your head in the sand. People are not following the rules and that is why this is happening

Exeter

"If people not taking heed will be a police state very soon life experiences generally say democracy far to open to knob heads might be a game changer "

The police surveillance state has been under construction since September 2001, every police bill passed since then has been a micro or even macro-encrochement on people's privacy and freedom. This pandemic is the event that is allowing that apparatus that has been under construction all this time to be switched on. It's going to get to the point where we'll be leaving our smartphone at home if we go down the road more than once a day.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"here is an example of essential travel.my ex and her partner both key workers both working from this morning unti monday evening so they had to drop my daughter at 8 this morning fir me to look after her.thats essentisl travel .driving 10 miles to go to a supermarket because your local one doont have your favorite things in is not essential travel.neither is driving 15 miles to take ya dog for a walk.and if your taking the dog for a walk what the fuck are people doing driving em in a car anyway?pretty sure rover dont care were hes going as long as he can take a dump and cock his leg he be happy"

So if they can't get essential foods from the local supermarket they have just to starve?

We have to drive 15 miles to a supermarket as people panic buying have caused a shortage in essentials.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are swear words still allowed?"

Yes

Swearing ranty posts or swearing at someone isn't though

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Fuck me, you couldn't make it up

Where's the banging your head repeatedly against a wall emoji

Yes

Swearing ranty posts or swearing at someone isn't though "

So having a sweary ranty post at people in general as opposed to one person is ok then?

Agree think will need martial law/military intervention to see this this through

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Your post further up about someone driving from Warwick to Huddersfield contradicts that link

Eh? Moi? No not me, your confused dear"

No, it was definitely you who said

"Yeah it is. Seen it agreed to in the house of commons" when someone asked the question of

"Am traveling from Huddersfield to Warwick tomorrow to pick grandson up to see his dad for a week or so have checked this is ok and told it is"

You then posted a link that was giving updated advice of what we need to do...travelling a long way in your car wasn't one of them...so you contradicted yourself in the advice you are giving.

Fuck me, you couldn't make it up

Where's the banging your head repeatedly against a wall emoji"

I will confess I am one of those people that without getting out for a drive most days I would get stir crazy. I do however have to drive to get to shops... I am also helping deliver stuff to several people including dropping shopping off to someone that is working long hours at the DRI... and if they need shopping I'm getting it for them.

However this is I guess different from just driving around for the sake of it.. although I do plan my route to be the best drive for me. It keeps me delivering stuff and supporting those I am.... and keeps me happy driving a bit.

Cheltenham

Yes

So having a sweary ranty post at people in general as opposed to one person is ok then?"

People in general or targeted people?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Unbelievable.... !!!

At this rate it is.

Err...No we don't. This Britain , not China. Right the forces should be brought for logistics and other support. "

Ere.....We might do if people keep thinking they can do what they want. Don't you watch the news??

Bolton

"Agree think will need martial law/military intervention to see this this through "

Certainly hope NOT.....!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes

So having a sweary ranty post at people in general as opposed to one person is ok then?"

I can keep repeating myself but I get achey fingers that way

It might be best if you read the forum rules, it explains the rules there.

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Bolton

Unbelievable.... !!!

You are burying your head in the sand. People are not following the rules and that is why this is happening"

Why not TRUST people, it is the best way.....!!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Agree think will need martial law/military intervention to see this this through "

No we won't. It's this sort of threat which will cause more people to disobey the lockdown restrictions NOT respect them.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Unbelievable.... !!!

At this rate it is.

Err...No we don't. This Britain , not China. Right the forces should be brought for logistics and other support. "

Agreed. But we all know that some don't like doing what they are told hence the government lockdown.

Northampton Somewhere

Unbelievable.... !!!

You are burying your head in the sand. People are not following the rules and that is why this is happening

Why not TRUST people, it is the best way.....!!"

Boris has tried that, and it's failed

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 17:41:02]

NW London

Unbelievable.... !!!

Boris has tried that, and it's failed "

It's too early to say that for certain. People have had to make drastic, unprecedented changes to their lifestyles and routines with zero notice. It's inevitable that there would be pockets of defiance and not 100% compliance initially.

Bolton

" Boris has tried that, and it's failed "

We have a "so called" lockdown. it is working....!! Just stick with it,

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Unbelievable.... !!!

Because some people are showing they can't be trusted

Yes

So having a sweary ranty post at people in general as opposed to one person is ok then?

People in general or targeted people?"

Ah that's ok as I just have a rant at a post.. not the poster

Bolton

Unbelievable.... !!!

Boris has tried that, and it's failed

It's too early to say that for certain. People have had to make drastic, unprecedented changes to their lifestyles and routines with zero notice. It's inevitable that there would be pockets of defiance and not 100% compliance initially."

A balanced view, well done!! What has been done is working and having a beneficial effect. HAVE FAITH...!!

Bolton

"Why not TRUST people, it is the best way.....!!

Because some people are showing they can't be trusted"

Of course you can pull out a few isolated examples but most folk are doing their bit. HAVE FAITH.....!!

Exeter

"

Boris has tried that, and it's failed "

He hasn't. What he's done is make plans for absolute lockdown in two weeks then introduced partial lockdown in the first one so when we move to full lockdown people will blame each other. Classic divide and conquer mentality.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Of course you can pull out a few isolated examples but most folk are doing their bit. HAVE FAITH.....!!"

They don't seem isolated so why the police are having to get involved

By *atch and blossomCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

People here seem to be totally abiding by the rules. And we are pulling together as a community by reaching out to isolated people and organising collections for food banks

We can concentrate on the negatives or the positives. But the negatives will not get us through this.

We all know mates who are acting stupidly and they are the ones who said I'll keep on going to the pub until they shut it down...they shut it down and now they go to the shops 4 times a day..you know the ones. But when the troops are on the streets they will be the first dockers moaning

And I get the feel from this thread that a few of them are here...

Fuckers Not dockers ffs...cant even swear on here now

"

You think so.....???

What I do agree with you on is the fact this is a health issue. But police involvement is absolutely necessary to enforce behaviours which offers the best chance of keeping us all safe, the bloody stupid selfish 'no-one's telling me what to do-ers' included. Hardly the same thing as a 'police state' at all. "

Just think - UK was China...the police would not be asking you politely "where are you going Sir?" It would be dragged out of car beaten up then on back of a truck to be driven somewhere never to be seen again....

Police don't want to do the spot checks but if people can't see that this is not a "problem for over 60's" and for some groups then they deserve to be stopped, fined and in worst case arrested

We are all in this mess - a mess started last year in China in August and now spreading worldwide - Just think of countries which don't have a NHS ! Think of the millions which can access such health care...Look at France where doctors now decided to let you die if you are over 80

Then people argue "It's nothing to do with us"

Get a life

I so agree with the replying Fabber and have been biting my tongue in this reply... (Joined the bite the tongue club)...But seriously...

STAY AT HOME if you don't need to go to work, or look after eldery, or need food... HELP our FRONTLINERS at the NHS support the government and stay at home ; don't risk others...with a "drive out into the countryside!"

Unbelievable.... !!!"

"Agree think will need martial law/military intervention to see this this through

No we won't. It's this sort of threat which will cause more people to disobey the lockdown restrictions NOT respect them. "

More fool them then. That’s a bit like spitting the dummy out in my opinion. There wouldn’t be any need for this if people just followed the rules.

By *layfulserfMan  over a year ago

Northolt

I dont think the police would stop an individual going for a walk. They are more likely to stop a couple of blokes in a car.

This virus is serious... We need to slow it down and those that refuse to self isolate when necessary are just prolonging the problem for everyone else

"The main problem is lack of information on travel advice

If you look on the government website it doesn't mention distances i.e "use closest supermarket'

It's obvious if you drive miles past a store, but what if your talking 1 or 2 miles extra.?

One guy was stopped and fined after after visiting local supermarket with bare shelves

And going elsewhere.

You then get stopped by a know it all gobshite lecturing flatfoot who doesn't give a shit about the reality of the situation

"

Unbelievable.... !!!

How does that work in practice? Those of us that obey the rules just sit back and watch others that won’t? For some people that will mean a death sentence. Trust doesn’t come into it. We need to protect people - all of us.

NW London

"Agree think will need martial law/military intervention to see this this through

No we won't. It's this sort of threat which will cause more people to disobey the lockdown restrictions NOT respect them.

More fool them then. That’s a bit like spitting the dummy out in my opinion. There wouldn’t be any need for this if people just followed the rules. "

A fair enough view. But just because a small minority flout the rules does not justify a full blown police/military intervention. The concern is that we could end up like France where they need an official form to leave the house.

Also those photos the tabloids love to print could be taken as being misleading, some are certainly open to interpretation.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Should have implemented this a lot sooner.

Driving home from work noticed people still gathering and playing in parks like it’s the middle of the summer hols,

“ instead of a lock down “.

More fool them then. That’s a bit like spitting the dummy out in my opinion. There wouldn’t be any need for this if people just followed the rules.

A fair enough view. But just because a small minority flout the rules does not justify a full blown police/military intervention. The concern is that we could end up like France where they need an official form to leave the house.

Also those photos the tabloids love to print could be taken as being misleading, some are certainly open to interpretation."

I watched some footage of the centre of Manchester, Piccadilly Gardens actually definitely no social distancing or isolating going on there. There are pockets of this all over the country, causing extra strain and pressure on our public services.

I don’t feel it is a full blown intervention but I feel it should be. Having a form to move around wouldn’t bother me.

In France a 16 year old has died, in one region 5 doctors have died. If I was in France I would definitely go with the flow.

2 or 3 on here (and one who appears to post on every thread that crops up) just don't get it waffling on about "people's rights" etc and how they should be trusted.

It's been proven on this site that some can't be trusted by the fact the meet page has been locked down cos some people care more about getting a bunk up than spreading a deadly virus. It might only be 2 or 3% but that small minority have the potential to cause devastating consequences.

If that same 2/3% take that attitude out onto the streets it's gonna put us back weeks in the fight to eradicate the virus.

If the police or army need to get involved then so be it. There should be NO TOLERANCE for fuckwits.

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

Of course you can pull out a few isolated examples but most folk are doing their bit. HAVE FAITH.....!!"

Mike to put it bluntly, get real.

If you are from Bolton, you'll be able to see the smoke pouring of the moors at the back of your beloved town.

Keeping Sixty Firemen and also quite a few of the Policeforce directing traffic, away from more important tasks.

Because of "spreaders" out and about.

Stop making excuses for these dickheads.

It's simple stay indoors.

Support the NHS and all the other key workers.

Bolton

I take note of what you say and for myself I am minimising my journeys...

I just have more faith in humanity than you do.....!!

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"2 or 3 on here (and one who appears to post on every thread that crops up) just don't get it waffling on about "people's rights" etc and how they should be trusted.

It's been proven on this site that some can't be trusted by the fact the meet page has been locked down cos some people care more about getting a bunk up than spreading a deadly virus. It might only be 2 or 3% but that small minority have the potential to cause devastating consequences.

If that same 2/3% take that attitude out onto the streets it's gonna put us back weeks in the fight to eradicate the virus.

If the police or army need to get involved then so be it. There should be NO TOLERANCE for fuckwits."

Bolton

No need to use derogatory language about people.... I may disagree with some folk but to do slag them off of use bad language...

I continue to say the British are doing well.... Support them...! Stop being so negative....

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"I take note of what you say and for myself I am minimising my journeys...

I just have more faith in humanity than you do.....!!

"

Wish I did Mike.

Feel one thing that has come out of this crisis is the self centred, selfish attitude of a few.

They are as thick as pig shit and turn stupidity into an art form.

I can't remember exact figures but something like this.

1 person infects 2.5 people which will compound to 200 being infected.

Cut down to 1 infecting 1.25 that compound total is 14, a massive difference.

I hate the state telling me what to do, but sadly, I have to agree to a full lockdown, it stops confusion and misinterpretation.

This maybe starting with no using your car to take dog out or go to a place to have a stroll.

I did this morning, drove to the beach, lovely walk, nice people saying hello and separating when close by, all very civilised. Stop me doing this.

Don't think we can put the genie back in the bottle with this one.

Take care.

Bolton

See what you say and do understand.

My points really are that I do trust people. They have more sense than you realise and give them credit for.

And yes there will be life after this crisis. It will be different but let's make it better. I do value our freedom. democracy and rights. They have have been hard won. I do not wish to see them lost. Politicians and authority are not noted for returning those rights willingly once they have grabbed them. I have an inbuilt mistrust of politicians of any persuasion and authority.

Just take a look at a few other places around the world and see if you would choose to live under those regimes before handing over our rights.

I know there are some on here who do not share my views...the beauty of course of living in a democracy (well for the time being anyway !!)...

NW London

Also those photos the tabloids love to print could be taken as being misleading, some are certainly open to interpretation.

I watched some footage of the centre of Manchester, Piccadilly Gardens actually definitely no social distancing or isolating going on there. There are pockets of this all over the country, causing extra strain and pressure on our public services.

I don’t feel it is a full blown intervention but I feel it should be. Having a form to move around wouldn’t bother me.

In France a 16 year old has died, in one region 5 doctors have died. If I was in France I would definitely go with the flow. "

The footage I saw of Piccadilly Gardens appeared to show mainly street drinkers (alcoholics etc), a demograph who can't be taken to represent the majority of the public.

I have no problem with extra police taking action to ensure people's safety but I think we need a sensible balance. A full crackdown and removal of basic rights isn't it.

I got stopped twice on the way to work today.

1st stop I got a proper grilling, the copper suggested I shouldn't be travelling even though I'm a key worker, he didn't seem to grasp that I keep the nation's power stations running, he was a bit of a nob

2nd stop the lady copper was lovely and

I'd say most Mike TBF.

What's life for a murderer these days? 25 years? People are being asked to stay indoors for a few weeks. Flout the rules and you risk killing not one person, multiple people.

The said thing is a few cases of ignorance could add up to a mass murderer's spree Yet the culprits will never be aware they're the cause and as such won't have those deaths on their conscience for the rest of their lives.

I understand that the government’s job is to protect its people, so they have made new law's to control us for our own good. But not sure about a 2 year period, think it should be reviewed every month. We have worked and fought hard for our freedom, we must not let it be taken away because of a virus even war could do that.

*sad

Bolton

"A full crackdown and removal of basic rights isn't it."

YET...... These things happen by stealth !! Eternal vigilance is needed. Otherwise the sacrifice if those who died in the last two wars (to name but two) will have been in vain...

Just think what Britain could have been like if Hitler had invaded... Think on folks.

Northampton Somewhere

" Boris has tried that, and it's failed

We have a "so called" lockdown. it is working....!! Just stick with it,"

Is it? I just see the numbers rising I'm sad to say.

" Boris has tried that, and it's failed

We have a "so called" lockdown. it is working....!! Just stick with it,

Is it? I just see the numbers rising I'm sad to say.

"

It will take 2-3 weeks for the cases to plateau and in theory should level off and drop if people stay in

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Unbelievable.... !!!"

Idiotic statement to say the very least. The fact that people cannot follow simple instructions to stay inside has forced their hand.

Do you think they want to be telling people to stay at home? Do you think that is what they signed up for? No of course not but just because dickhead Dave and his mates think they're invincible and fancy a beer in the park that is what they have to do.

"We all know mates who are acting stupidly and they are the ones who said I'll keep on going to the pub until they shut it down...they shut it down and now they go to the shops 4 times a day..you know the ones. But when the troops are on the streets they will be the first fuckers moaning

And I get the feel from this thread that a few of them are here..."

Mike

this was not aimed at you but have a little read of it and you will see why the pressure is ramping up...some will say the government will love the ramping up and I'm one of them...but sadly when stupid just gets stupider it's the only option as this is not a game...people are dying through the ignorance of a few and that's why I'd vote for a total lockdown now.

Just been out for my daily walk and 3 cars parked up in the car park of a local beauty spot next to each other. Looks like the local dogging community don't consider themselves part of the lockdown.

"Just been out for my daily walk and 3 cars parked up in the car park of a local beauty spot next to each other. Looks like the local dogging community don't consider themselves part of the lockdown."

Them bloody dog walkers eh

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

I'd tell you but i.imagine you're far too important to listen to the thoughts of a covid ward nurse like me so just you carry on

Doing whatever the fuck you like. You of course won't want the help from the likes of me when you are gasping for breath and feeling like you are burning to death seeing as our advice hasn't been worthy of you."

More power to your elbow.

And thank you for your HARD WORK.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The French people like to demonstrate when they believe strongly about something, it says something to me that the French people think a lock down is the right thing for their Government to do and they are complying

A lot of people here don't seem to be taking it at all seriously.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I got stopped twice on the way to work today.

1st stop I got a proper grilling, the copper suggested I shouldn't be travelling even though I'm a key worker, he didn't seem to grasp that I keep the nation's power stations running, he was a bit of a nob

2nd stop the lady copper was lovely and "

Did you mind being asked?

NW London

"The French people like to demonstrate when they believe strongly about something, it says something to me that the French people think a lock down is the right thing for their Government to do and they are complying

A lot of people here don't seem to be taking it at all seriously."

That's because their police resort to excessive force much quicker than ours do. There is footage of French police assaulting citizens they believe to be on the streets without the right paperwork.

Before anyone comments, this ain't the answer.

Did you mind being asked?"

No, they're doing what needs to be done to keep dickheads inside unless necessary

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 21:42:49]

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

I’m baffled why ppl object to measures being taken to preserve life. The thing I object to are ppl not following the rules which has left the government with no choice but to implement the measures. If police feel the need to set up road blocks and check I’m a key worker and not heading to the country for a picnic then so be it. This is just the beginning, normality is a long way off. So rather than bellyaching about freedom do something positive. Follow the rules and encourage others to do so. If you’re able to volunteer to help in some capacity. Boris may have COVID-19 but he will follow through with more stringent restrictions. The longer ppl resist the longer it will take for this to go away. ‘Resistance is futile’

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"A full crackdown and removal of basic rights isn't it.

YET...... These things happen by stealth !! Eternal vigilance is needed. Otherwise the sacrifice if those who died in the last two wars (to name but two) will have been in vain...

Just think what Britain could have been like if Hitler had invaded... Think on folks."

They are a few different points to consider

Police chiefs are switching to new areas of work.

They can do so as usual crimes are going down as more people are staying indoors so burglary and similar offences are down, licensing related crime is down, so their focus is now on Public Order, linked to Coronavirus Order rules.

Also, police forces are in charge of the coordination of the set-up of the Field Hospitals being created in London, Birmingham and Manchester.

Thus they have to ensure that Coronavirus related regs are enforced to assist everyone.

But Hitler? Yes, there have been books on what might have been the effects on him invading.

But to link him to a present day global virus are totally the opposite of each other.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Did you mind being asked?

No, they're doing what needs to be done to keep dickheads inside unless necessary "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The French people like to demonstrate when they believe strongly about something, it says something to me that the French people think a lock down is the right thing for their Government to do and they are complying

That's because their police resort to excessive force much quicker than ours do. There is footage of French police assaulting citizens they believe to be on the streets without the right paperwork.

Before anyone comments, this ain't the answer. "

I googled and couldn't find any, do you have a link?

NW London

I googled and couldn't find any, do you have a link?"

Police threaten mass WALKOUT after they're accused of excessive force?? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8129701/Officers-threaten-mass-WALKOUT-accused-using-excessive-force.html?ito=amp_whatsapp_share-top

(Not fabs favourite newspaper I know)

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Sick of all the slagging off here, we should be united and adhere by government rules and nothing else. We can beat it if we do, can't believe their are ppl still meeting off fab. I was invited to a party in Birmingham on Wednesday...... Really?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I googled and couldn't find any, do you have a link?

Police threaten mass WALKOUT after they're accused of excessive force?? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8129701/Officers-threaten-mass-WALKOUT-accused-using-excessive-force.html?ito=amp_whatsapp_share-top

(Not fabs favourite newspaper I know)"

to be fair...apart from the copper booting the young lad ( which was awful ) the rest of the pics could have been anything, ie a person resisting arrest. It isn't really clear of what was going on.

I just think everyone is having a tough time with this, including front line staff that are not NHS, they are all at more risk than us lot who are at home and why we need to help them too by doing as asked