FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Love in the time of Covid 19

Love in the time of Covid 19

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aastyKnix OP   Woman  over a year ago

Liverpool

There seems to be a widespread assumption that families and couples,isolated and quarantined will start to feel cooped up,stifled and suffocated by each other. That they will argue and fight and that cracks will appear in those living relationships.

Does this apparent assumption give us a little glimpse into what people really think of marriage,family and relationships?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"There seems to be a widespread assumption that families and couples,isolated and quarantined will start to feel cooped up,stifled and suffocated by each other. That they will argue and fight and that cracks will appear in those living relationships.

Does this apparent assumption give us a little glimpse into what people really think of marriage,family and relationships?"

I think it's going to effect more people psychologically on many fronts.

Yes it will be hard for everyone to maintain a decent relationship living with eachother 24/7.

Those with mental health issues or even those who will start having mental issues will exhubiate.

Then there is the actual social side.

Will people be able to trust eachother?

Will social distancing take it too far, where everyone keeps their distance from eachother?

Will your neighbours start reporting you to the authorities because they heard you cough?

This is a war on people's minds

By *aastyKnix OP   Woman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"There seems to be a widespread assumption that families and couples,isolated and quarantined will start to feel cooped up,stifled and suffocated by each other. That they will argue and fight and that cracks will appear in those living relationships.

Does this apparent assumption give us a little glimpse into what people really think of marriage,family and relationships?

I think it's going to effect more people psychologically on many fronts.

Yes it will be hard for everyone to maintain a decent relationship living with eachother 24/7.

Those with mental health issues or even those who will start having mental issues will exhubiate.

Then there is the actual social side.

Will people be able to trust eachother?

Will social distancing take it too far, where everyone keeps their distance from eachother?

Will your neighbours start reporting you to the authorities because they heard you cough?

This is a war on people's minds"

It makes me feel a bit sad to think that people see spouses,partners and children as someone they can only stand in small doses.

I'd like to think that adversity could bring people closer. "In sickness and in health" and all that.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

I'm really finding it hard being single. When this is over I think I might start giving more serious thought to finding someone for the long term. I crave touch and oxytocin and it's bad enough when one is single having to get it only occasionally but in times like this when the opportunity to meet someone new is forcibly taken away by powers beyond one's control... It starts to get really crushing. And there's a certain gender issue side to it, too. Any woman can post up here 'I need sex' and get it in 5 minutes. Probably even with a lockdown in place. As a bloke, the more I make myself vulnerable and admit I have a need, the less likely I am to get it filled,'desperation is a turn-off' apparently. Normally the fact I *could*meet someone new at any time keeps life interesting, now I feel like I've played myself, all my friends in couples are nesting and passing the hours having sex and looking after each other and I'm just watching the time pass on my own. *SIGH*

» Add a new message to this topic