FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Oxford study.

Oxford study.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and C 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Delamere

An Oxford paper stated yesterday that 50% of the UK have already had corona, most experienced no symptoms.

The government released a statement saying that corona is no longer considered a serious threat to health.

Less than 20,000 have died worldwide, in the same time the flu has killed millions.

The peoperganda machine is still in overdrive.

More celebrities than actual real people have it.

We now live in a police state.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you got a link for these papers to validate these claims?

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Have you got a link for these papers to validate these claims? "

Probably not the celebrity claims

Delamere

Why don't you look for yourself rather than expecting everything handed on a plate?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"An Oxford paper stated yesterday that 50% of the UK have already had corona, most experienced no symptoms.

The government released a statement saying that corona is no longer considered a serious threat to health.

Less than 20,000 have died worldwide, in the same time the flu has killed millions.

We now live in a police state. "

See if you get the stick that I got for repeating a conspiracy theory.

Delamere

Oh I have had the stick! It's not a theory the hard evidence is all there. People won't look.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's one among many papers that have been released, it's an outlier among the general consensus.

"An Oxford paper stated yesterday that 50% of the UK have already had corona, most experienced no symptoms.

Are you saying the flu has killed millions in the time covid19 has been sweeping the globe.

Anyway...

I am concerned at the massive upheaval being caused to the global economy. Fear is the oldest tool of power and the x files movie (lol) talked about the New World Order starting with a global health emergency where everyone is told to stay in their homes...

We teeter on the brink of total global financial collapse. As happens after every Great Recession event, the poor will be hit hardest. The rich global elite will tighten their belts and continue to exist in a bubble while the rest of us are told we face a squeeze. Laws are rushed through without scrutiny.

SARS was the more disturbing coronavirus, a lot higher death rate. MERS similar. Flu death rates a lot lower. This disease lives in a Goldilocks zone of incubation time vs lethality. It’s almost too perfect. It’s caused panic and ravaged the global economy. Which country will benefit the most from the global economic consequences? Then join the dots... the days of US hegemony are over. They can’t even help themselves. Let alone the rest of the world. Someone new however is ready to save us all. And handily it kills more men than women, be useful for a country where a gender imbalance is causing issues.

"It's one among many papers that have been released, it's an outlier among the general consensus."

It is an outlier.

I still cannot forget the 5 weeks of hell I had December through January.

Headache and fever - tick.

Achy body and tiredness - tick

Persistent dry cough - tick

Total loss of smell and taste - tick

I’d had my flu jab. I wasn’t the only one. What was it that went round the UK end of Nov til the new year??

Be interesting to know the figures for pneumonia related deaths.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This study has many weaknesses and appears unlikely to reflect the reality at present - it needs to be read and understood in full, as well as doing further research.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's one among many papers that have been released, it's an outlier among the general consensus.

It is an outlier.

I still cannot forget the 5 weeks of hell I had December through January.

Headache and fever - tick.

Achy body and tiredness - tick

Persistent dry cough - tick

Total loss of smell and taste - tick

I’d had my flu jab. I wasn’t the only one. What was it that went round the UK end of Nov til the new year??

Be interesting to know the figures for pneumonia related deaths. "

Given the emerging data on the origin of the virus, November seems early but it's possible it was earlier. The virus may have been in existence as early as September or October with no outbreak until December.

Manchester (she/her)

"This study has many weaknesses and appears unlikely to reflect the reality at present - it needs to be read and understood in full, as well as doing further research. "

Yes, there's a lot of science by the seat of your pants going around at the moment. Which is understandable but means we need to exercise caution when interpreting results.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

This paper has not been published in a scientific journal and not been properly scrutinised by other scientists/modellers as would be expected for a publication. The authors went straight to the media.

The report had many scenarios within it. The media just reported the scenario that gave the highest percent of the population. Poor reporting really.

However, upon review of the paper it may be that the value quoted may be agreed on as being the most likely scenario. So it can't be ruled out but further investigation of the paper is required.

By going to the media the authors have done an Andrew Wakefield (autism and vaccinations). His paper, when reviewed had serious flaws and was discredited. However the public have responded and not got their children vaccinated in sufficient numbers and put their children's lives in possible danger.

Manchester (she/her)

"This paper has not been published in a scientific journal and not been properly scrutinised by other scientists/modellers as would be expected for a publication. The authors went straight to the media.

The report had many scenarios within it. The media just reported the scenario that gave the highest percent of the population. Poor reporting really.

However, upon review of the paper it may be that the value quoted may be agreed on as being the most likely scenario. So it can't be ruled out but further investigation of the paper is required.

By going to the media the authors have done an Andrew Wakefield (autism and vaccinations). His paper, when reviewed had serious flaws and was discredited. However the public have responded and not got their children vaccinated in sufficient numbers and put their children's lives in possible danger.

"

Even if it might have merit, making a decision to relax measures carries considerable risk if they're wrong. The higher the risk, the greater the burden of proof or evidence required.

Let's replicate it in a few independent institutions, make sure the research methodology is flawless and the margin of error low.

Basically we need a Picasso and we have a primary school scribble right now.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Rubbish go to China

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

We now live in a police state. Rubbish go to China"

Won't need to.

China is a model society

"Why don't you look for yourself rather than expecting everything handed on a plate?"

I was curious and though as you were opening a discussion about it you might be kind enough to share your source for further discussion, certainly didn’t expect to get snapped at. Not to worry.

It's all speculation and imo rubbish. We would of seen higher deaths by now if that was the case just like the rest of the world.

Manchester (she/her)

"Why don't you look for yourself rather than expecting everything handed on a plate?

I was curious and though as you were opening a discussion about it you might be kind enough to share your source for further discussion, certainly didn’t expect to get snapped at. Not to worry. "

Generally sharing sources is how one advances understanding.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I was just reading more like 60-80 % of UK have already had it and pose no risk

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Are you saying the flu has killed millions in the time covid19 has been sweeping the globe.

Anyway...

I am concerned at the massive upheaval being caused to the global economy. Fear is the oldest tool of power and the x files movie (lol) talked about the New World Order starting with a global health emergency where everyone is told to stay in their homes...

We teeter on the brink of total global financial collapse. As happens after every Great Recession event, the poor will be hit hardest. The rich global elite will tighten their belts and continue to exist in a bubble while the rest of us are told we face a squeeze. Laws are rushed through without scrutiny.

SARS was the more disturbing coronavirus, a lot higher death rate. MERS similar. Flu death rates a lot lower. This disease lives in a Goldilocks zone of incubation time vs lethality. It’s almost too perfect. It’s caused panic and ravaged the global economy. Which country will benefit the most from the global economic consequences? Then join the dots... the days of US hegemony are over. They can’t even help themselves. Let alone the rest of the world. Someone new however is ready to save us all. And handily it kills more men than women, be useful for a country where a gender imbalance is causing issues."

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Why don't you look for yourself rather than expecting everything handed on a plate?"

Ah so not a believer in sharing.

Tomorrow I'm also releasing a paper on the benefits that cabbage brings to fighting this disease.

Like this study I'll release it with no peer review.

Poor scientific rigour is poor science. They may well be right but bypassing the scientific scrutiny means people placing their faith in one person's view rather than a collective view.

Manchester (she/her)

"Why don't you look for yourself rather than expecting everything handed on a plate?

Ah so not a believer in sharing.

Tomorrow I'm also releasing a paper on the benefits that cabbage brings to fighting this disease.

Like this study I'll release it with no peer review.

Poor scientific rigour is poor science. They may well be right but bypassing the scientific scrutiny means people placing their faith in one person's view rather than a collective view.

"

Absolutely.

We can't chance people's lives on a poorly scrutinised outlier.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

More celebrities than real people have it? I'm pretty sure anyone working in an NHS hospital dealing with the reality of this will be able to tell you that is categorically not true

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Oh I have had the stick! It's not a theory the hard evidence is all there. People won't look. "

It is not hard fact at all. The FACT is: Nobody knows how many are/have-been infected as very few have been tested.

It is almost a certainty that the infection rate is hugely higher than recorded, there is no "proof" just statistical probability.

Cal

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

Why don’t you? This is all bullshit.

See if you get the stick that I got for repeating a conspiracy theory."

If people do the research I don’t think that they would call it a conspiracy theory,they will begin to call it a conspiracy fact!!

Manchester (she/her)

Not all research is created equal

Hmmm, hubby had what Drs. described as a viral infection for 9 weeks, sore burning throat, coughing himself to a breathless stand still, fatigue, tingling in nose and upper lips, some breathlessness.

Medics put it down to something he'd picked up from when he was involved with the relief effort during the floods.

No one else in the family or our circle of friends experienced anything similar other than the usual cold & flu symptoms.

Doubt v much it was COVID-19 or Coronavirus but there's odd stuff all around us at anytime of the year.

» Add a new message to this topic