FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Feed the nhs

Feed the nhs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its all good and well applauding our nhs amongst other things but we could all go one step further, I know tames are hard for many but matt lucas and a group of restaurants chains have got together and are trying to provide 1 hot meal a day for our heroes in blue, this is completely non profit for them, they have a just giving page set up for donations, if anyone wants to or can help then please go and donate even if it's just £1, come on people let's do our bit to keep them going in the fight of our lives

Google "feed our nhs"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

And when this is all over we need to fund it as well

"And when this is all over we need to fund it as well"

We've always needed to fund it, sadly I doubt we will it will be deemed they've had enough extra money

Manchester (she/her)

"And when this is all over we need to fund it as well

We've always needed to fund it, sadly I doubt we will it will be deemed they've had enough extra money "

I know. But true appreciation isn't blue filters or rounds of applause, it's fair pay and adequate resources.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We've always needed to fund it, sadly I doubt we will it will be deemed they've had enough extra money

I know. But true appreciation isn't blue filters or rounds of applause, it's fair pay and adequate resources."

We will never get fair pay, I’ve actually given up on pay rises now!

I know. But true appreciation isn't blue filters or rounds of applause, it's fair pay and adequate resources."

The most factually correct comment on the internet ever

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"And when this is all over we need to fund it as well"
I am sure we will but another part of the economy will lose out times will be tough I think

Manchester (she/her)

"And when this is all over we need to fund it as wellI am sure we will but another part of the economy will lose out times will be tough I think"

For sure. That's not in doubt.

I know. But true appreciation isn't blue filters or rounds of applause, it's fair pay and adequate resources.

We will never get fair pay, I’ve actually given up on pay rises now! "

That's one of saddest things I've heard all day

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

We will never get fair pay, I’ve actually given up on pay rises now! "

We should get fair pay

We should get fair pay"

Given what you face day in day out, you should be paid in excess of the national living wage, sadly that will never happen

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I've noticed a few sports people (Federer today 1M Swiss) donating money towards hospitals and ventilators which is kind of them and appreciated.

But this is a small amount really compared to what the governments can pay. It would be nice if they (and we) put money into a bonus pot for health workers, so they can get a nice holiday when this is over. Just a thought

We should get fair pay"

Obviously we should but I’m not holding my breathe

"And when this is all over we need to fund it as wellI am sure we will but another part of the economy will lose out times will be tough I think"

Well I hope they do all that is need after we have looked back and seen what austerity has done...but sadly I feel we will go straight back into the harshest austerity measures we could ever contemplate

I'm afraid to say feeding people that are already being paid plus overtime for a job that they signed up to do isn't going to get my support when there are kids at home with people that don't feed them and there are families that have lost everything financially and will have to wait for help to feed their families!!

Don't get me wrong I totally support ALL key workers but there are those ie care workers who do incredibly long hours on minimum wage doing a wonderful job who need feeding way more! aperitif

"I'm afraid to say feeding people that are already being paid plus overtime for a job that they signed up to do isn't going to get my support when there are kids at home with people that don't feed them and there are families that have lost everything financially and will have to wait for help to feed their families!!

Don't get me wrong I totally support ALL key workers but there are those ie care workers who do incredibly long hours on minimum wage doing a wonderful job who need feeding way more! aperitif"

Controversial and bold statment.

Not sure what you think nurses get paid so here you go.

A band 5 nurse gets paid 11.00 an hour.

Living wage is going to be made up to 10.00ph

Out of said 11.00 an hour wage that nurse then has the student loan taken off that they had to take out to get through 3 years of training

Now noone is saying that care workers dont deserve decent pay.

But as you have stated

They chose to do that job. As did all the bin men or painters and decorators or cake makers.

Noone goes into nursing for the money

All nurses are well aware its shit pay with equally as long hours as in a care home.

In fact a nurse in a care home is often paid more an hour than a band 6 nurse in the NHS which is a why a lot leave and go and work in the private sector.

If I chose to leave the NHS I could be on 36.00ph. But I love my job. And I'm not botherd about a meal. I'm happy to take my own tin of soup to work

I would rather people just did what was been asked if them at the moment if I'm honest.

Hope I have not offended you in any way x

Also i dont get paid over time pay because I work in the community. So when I'm at work late doing documentation I see no extra in my pay. Not every nurse works on a ward.

"Also i dont get paid over time pay because I work in the community. So when I'm at work late doing documentation I see no extra in my pay. Not every nurse works on a ward. "

"I'm afraid to say feeding people that are already being paid plus overtime for a job that they signed up to do isn't going to get my support when there are kids at home with people that don't feed them and there are families that have lost everything financially and will have to wait for help to feed their families!!

Don't get me wrong I totally support ALL key workers but there are those ie care workers who do incredibly long hours on minimum wage doing a wonderful job who need feeding way more! aperitif"

The point isnt about them not being able to afford a meal its more that theres nowhere open for them to get one, regarding kids at home being mistreated that's been a massive issue for years during school holidays etc, I'm sure a quick Google will provide you a wealth of charities that are working to eradicate this problem if that's where you feel you'd prefer to help (not judging, it's also a very worthy cause) I posted this because it's a new initiative that I felt was worthy of a little promotion.

Have a nice evening

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Also i dont get paid over time pay because I work in the community. So when I'm at work late doing documentation I see no extra in my pay. Not every nurse works on a ward. "

This..

Married nearly 37 years to a community staff and this is common..

Governments both red and blue have taken advantage of nurses for decades..

I'd like to take advantage of a nu... I know not the time nor the place

I'm sure the very rich owners of Just Giving will be loving this.

Best thing everyone can do is follow Government advice and when this is all over don't abuse the NHS. Don't go to A+E for trivial pish. Buy 19p paracetamol in tesco instead of getting it prescribed etc.

Greatest daily expense for the NHS is fighting litigation cases, disgruntled patients taking them to court. Funny how everyone is now an NHS lover when for years it's been a kicking post.

"I'm sure the very rich owners of Just Giving will be loving this.

Best thing everyone can do is follow Government advice and when this is all over don't abuse the NHS. Don't go to A+E for trivial pish. Buy 19p paracetamol in tesco instead of getting it prescribed etc.

Greatest daily expense for the NHS is fighting litigation cases, disgruntled patients taking them to court. Funny how everyone is now an NHS lover when for years it's been a kicking post."

You have not tried to get 19p paracetamol at tesco recently I gather...hence why some patients are having to revert back to getting them by a 100 box as they are not on the shelves...and believe me they only cost the nhs around a quid so hardly going to bankrupt the nhs eh

Greatest daily expense for the NHS is fighting litigation cases, disgruntled patients taking them to court. Funny how everyone is now an NHS lover when for years it's been a kicking post.

You have not tried to get 19p paracetamol at tesco recently I gather...hence why some patients are having to revert back to getting them by a 100 box as they are not on the shelves...and believe me they only cost the nhs around a quid so hardly going to bankrupt the nhs eh"

My point being we can't go back to abusing the nhs when this virus is sorted.

Greatest daily expense for the NHS is fighting litigation cases, disgruntled patients taking them to court. Funny how everyone is now an NHS lover when for years it's been a kicking post."

The NHS has millions put aside for litigation, I’m a nurse and currently have a litigation dispute which has been ongoing for 9 years, not against the trust that I work for.

However at the hands of someone well trained to do their job, they caused my son a disability for life, which he had surgery for when he was 4 months old.

Now are you saying that’s justified?

Just asking because statements like this boil my piss

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not every nurse working on a ward gets to go home on time either because of needing to do the same thing

"Also i dont get paid over time pay because I work in the community. So when I'm at work late doing documentation I see no extra in my pay. Not every nurse works on a ward.

Not every nurse working on a ward gets to go home on time either because of needing to do the same thing"

I'm not implying that they dont. However what I am saying is no nurse gets paid a fortune and let's not forget the ones who do work in community.

I dont know any nurse who doesnt work extra hours at no extra cost to the nhs. The nhs have become reliant on this to some extent I think. I know that I do 9 hours unpaid work most weeks. Then other weeks none. Dependant on my case load or things like mental health act assessments or crisis situations.

The reason we all do it is because we care.

I just think it's sad it's taken a global crisis for some people to appreciate the hard working staff across the board.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Also i dont get paid over time pay because I work in the community. So when I'm at work late doing documentation I see no extra in my pay. Not every nurse works on a ward.

Not every nurse working on a ward gets to go home on time either because of needing to do the same thing

I'm not implying that they dont.

"

To be fair that is how your post read to me. I agree though, a bit like teachers, both do plenty of overtime without any recognition or pay

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Don't get me wrong I totally support ALL key workers but there are those ie care workers who do incredibly long hours on minimum wage doing a wonderful job who need feeding way more! aperitif

Controversial and bold statment.

Not sure what you think nurses get paid so here you go.

A band 5 nurse gets paid 11.00 an hour.

Living wage is going to be made up to 10.00ph

Out of said 11.00 an hour wage that nurse then has the student loan taken off that they had to take out to get through 3 years of training

Now noone is saying that care workers dont deserve decent pay.

But as you have stated

They chose to do that job. As did all the bin men or painters and decorators or cake makers.

Noone goes into nursing for the money

All nurses are well aware its shit pay with equally as long hours as in a care home.

In fact a nurse in a care home is often paid more an hour than a band 6 nurse in the NHS which is a why a lot leave and go and work in the private sector.

If I chose to leave the NHS I could be on 36.00ph. But I love my job. And I'm not botherd about a meal. I'm happy to take my own tin of soup to work

I would rather people just did what was been asked if them at the moment if I'm honest.

Hope I have not offended you in any way x"

Plus the £1000 they may spend on parking to work at the hospital!

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple  over a year ago

livingston

Being able to purchase food and other household items would also be a big help, some staff are working at the times that the local supermarkets are opening to them and are unable to go and when we can, there is nothing left because most of the shelfs are empty because of all the greedy people that are buying more than they actually need and probably never use.

» Add a new message to this topic