Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubbles12312 OP   Couple  over a year ago

stockport

So how many still having to go to work we both still at work

Are you happy about going or made to

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

We work too (key workers) so doing our bit.

Would you rather be at home like the rest of them?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Keep up the good work. Stay safe and look after your own health and safety first.

Still working (key w) and don't mind.

Waiting to pick up the virus. Chance going up each day.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

My ex is a key worker and has to, he is missing his kids as they are with me here.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Yep I am

Worrying time for us all

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

We are both still working sadly.

Kind of owe it to our customers who rely on us plus need to keep an income to survive.

Being as careful as we possibly can but it's hard when so many others aren't taking things serious

I’m not a key worker, I’m nowhere near essential

I’ve been on holiday for the last week but I am expected in on Monday, I have vulnerable people at home. I called in today and asked to be put on 80% wage and they said they can’t unless there is no work left for us...and it can’t be done on an individual level. I’d rather be off and keep my family alive...my boss is choosing money over peoples lives, if anything happens to them I’m holding him responsible

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Keep up the good work. Stay safe and look after your own health and safety first. "

Hey, how is it out there in Philly?

Any lockdown or you all at work?

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

I'm working from home for the foreseeable future. I'm actually getting so much more work done I'm hoping my boss doesnt notice too much

By *ornyDubMan25Man  over a year ago

Berlin

"We work too (key workers) so doing our bit.

Would you rather be at home like the rest of them?"

Respect to you guys, be safe!

As an irish guy living in Germany I feel like the UK amongst other nations isnt taking this seriously enough, obviously that's not every british person but the majority of Germany has been on pretty strict lockdown for quite a while

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I’m not a key worker, I’m nowhere near essential

I’ve been on holiday for the last week but I am expected in on Monday, I have vulnerable people at home. I called in today and asked to be put on 80% wage and they said they can’t unless there is no work left for us...and it can’t be done on an individual level. I’d rather be off and keep my family alive...my boss is choosing money over peoples lives, if anything happens to them I’m holding him responsible "

You’d be wrong to hold him responsible! What work do you do?

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Im a key worker.

Not health tho.

So normal routine 5 days a week.

I’ve been on holiday for the last week but I am expected in on Monday, I have vulnerable people at home. I called in today and asked to be put on 80% wage and they said they can’t unless there is no work left for us...and it can’t be done on an individual level. I’d rather be off and keep my family alive...my boss is choosing money over peoples lives, if anything happens to them I’m holding him responsible

You’d be wrong to hold him responsible! What work do you do? "

I make companies logos adhere to their work garments

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

I make companies logos adhere to their work garments "

Whistleblow the company to the press...

"Keep up the good work. Stay safe and look after your own health and safety first.

Hey, how is it out there in Philly?

Any lockdown or you all at work?"

About the same as over there. All non essential businesses closed. Dumb asses still going on like nothing is happening.

Ive been off work since the 15th and have only been going out to go food shopping.

By *my-blackTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole

I’ve been on holiday for the last week but I am expected in on Monday, I have vulnerable people at home. I called in today and asked to be put on 80% wage and they said they can’t unless there is no work left for us...and it can’t be done on an individual level. I’d rather be off and keep my family alive...my boss is choosing money over peoples lives, if anything happens to them I’m holding him responsible "

then phone in and cough and self isolate if your family mena that much to you. you say you would rather be off and keep your family alive - then take the decision for yourself.

the 80% funding isnt an easy handout, your boss would probably go for it if it was. if you feel that strongly take control yourself, dont blame your boss. this is a crap situation for everyone and blaming others isnt going to help.

maybe your boss is trying to make sure there is a job for you in 3 months or 6 months when this is over.

flame me if you will but if you feel that strongly you would take control and make your decision instead of blaming others who are probably in just as crap a situation.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

At work right now. Frontline.

By *inky CyclerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Would prefer to be working as I'm classed I guess as a key worker, working in the food supply chain but off cause of medical condition. Although I'm on full pay if I was in work and fit I'd be grabbing the overtime and higher rate of pay they are currently offering.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Whistleblow the company to the press..."

Hold them accountable, make sure they can justify risking someone’s life over a badge.

Huge clap for all you who are keeping it together

Just finished the last nightshift of the week. Back in on Monday night.

Given a choice between going to work or having enforced time off, I'll take the work, please.

By *uck427Man  over a year ago

wales

I'm on a 18hr shift I'm happy doing it the joys of security

At work here. Night shift . Normal thing

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I make companies logos adhere to their work garments "

Is your Company adhering to the Government's social distancing policy?

If they are, and your boss is looking after your welfare and health and safety concerns, then he is correct in what he is doing.

There may come a time in the near future, when 'all work" becomes "essential work", and that is the time when you will have to stop.

By *essica jamiesonWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"We work too (key workers) so doing our bit.

Would you rather be at home like the rest of them?"

" Them??" You mean folk??

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Been off 3days but the company I work are trying to force us back in Monday it none essential work and no way can we work at safe distance it allways the same profit over heath

By *erbycouple7Couple  over a year ago

derby

Hubby is a key worker and is happy to go in, he feels safe and looked after so happy to keep the country ticking over. Wifey is working from home stay safe everyone and take life seriously x

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Still working but then I am frontline NHS. Been a funny kind of week, hospital totally reconfigured. Wards closed making it eerily quiet. Wards that are open for covid totally overstaffed before staff are redeployed as more wards reopen. Certainly getting the calm before the storm feeling. Seeing things slowly picking up. I'm fully expecting carnage if not by time I return on Tuesday then certainly by this time next week.

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"My ex is a key worker and has to, he is missing his kids as they are with me here.

"

How far apart are you? Children going between houses is allowed.

Burton on Trent

"Been off 3days but the company I work are trying to force us back in Monday it none essential work and no way can we work at safe distance it allways the same profit over heath "

If they can't give you a letter on company headed paper that you are a key worker then then travel to and from work isn't an essential journey.

I've heard that Hobbycraft are making workers go in and work as normal. No social distancing, etc.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I’m also In the food industry and still working but haven’t been told to stay at home yet

I thought we would have closed down by now to be honest

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m still out working mental health services ... just about to get up and out for a 12hr shift

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I’m also In the food industry and still working but haven’t been told to stay at home yet

"

You will be classed as "essential work". Little chance of you being closed.

Still working, but from home. I am happy to, it keeps the boredom at bay somewhat.

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

Yep still at work........and no not enjoying as managing a gov initiative on financial packaged.......99% of the time we are having to advise peeps they are not eligible and giving details of debt management contact numbers..

Having to monitor calls is demoralising as id say alit would go back to work in an instant if the companys would re start

By *ur thingCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Still working, frontline and had to ship my kids off to their dads for the foreseeable, not good

Working from home with occasional trip to work.

rotherham

"I’m also In the food industry and still working but haven’t been told to stay at home yet

You will be classed as "essential work". Little chance of you being closed. "

Nothing against working but feel abit like we are not essential when there is supermarkets close by

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Essential Worker so still doing my Shifts..3 Nights done...4 to go for this week.

By *edandLouCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Both working. She at care home for elderly and he is HGV mechanic for a company within the food chain. Both happy to do our bit.

I'm still working making essential Ppe, next week we are all facing a lot of overtime; we just cant make enough to meet demand but have to try.

"Huge clap for all you who are keeping it together"

Thanks mate. I had a wobble yesterday but then my partner, Mrs N, who works in Grocery retail stopped me from losing it.

I've been a work from home for years and thought my workload would fall off a cliff but it didn't, thanks to our loyal customer base. Feels weird to be carrying on as normal while the world out there is falling apart but I guess I'm doing my bit in the war to try and help keep my Bro's business afloat and Mrs N is doing hers, till we get to the other side. No need to be furloughed unnecessarily is there ?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Key workers here, at work

south coast

Whistleblow the company to the press..."

Still on the grind in the NHS

Im off 80% pay but if work stays closed for long time wont hsve a job to go back to but hoping every one gets through this

"Both working. She at care home for elderly and he is HGV mechanic for a company within the food chain. Both happy to do our bit. "

I break them, he fixes them!

south coast

"Im off 80% pay but if work stays closed for long time wont hsve a job to go back to but hoping every one gets through this "

I hope so for you and everyone else in same boat

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’m a key worker apparently. I don’t think I am - I work in the insurance industry - but the government regulators has said we are. I can work from home but my employers won’t divert incoming calls to private mobiles. My colleagues with a company phone are working from home but me and about 10 others are still going in and literally waiting for the phone to ring. It’s tedious and I’d rather be at home but that’s how it is.

I’m not a key worker and feel a bit of a fraud, respect and admiration to the real key workers out there!

Yep I’m a key worker! I don’t mind going in but every shift is short staffed!

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I work at private hospital but would not class myself as key worker, not being told officially if I still get paid if I'm off I am coming in just in case I don't. But being single dad and schools being closed makes everything every difficult at this moment in time trying to do right thing for me and my son to keep roof over our heads, bills paid and food on table.

Think there will be a lot of people in the same boat at the moment with money,job and how to feed family worries. Not good times for anyone

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Still having to go into work, it’s worrying working where I’m working but you have to do what you have to do.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Both working. She at care home for elderly and he is HGV mechanic for a company within the food chain. Both happy to do our bit.

I break them, he fixes them!"

HGV s I hope

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Key Worker first day off in 11. Woke up this morning feeling like I should go back in. Would rather keep busy and push through.

Which is bizarre as I used to look forward to my days off.

By *nne an andyCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I Andy still working as a trucker,give us a wave when you having your walk or going shopping it's getting lonely out here.

south coast

"I’m a key worker apparently. I don’t think I am - I work in the insurance industry - but the government regulators has said we are. I can work from home but my employers won’t divert incoming calls to private mobiles. My colleagues with a company phone are working from home but me and about 10 others are still going in and literally waiting for the phone to ring. It’s tedious and I’d rather be at home but that’s how it is.

I’m not a key worker and feel a bit of a fraud, respect and admiration to the real key workers out there!

"

Dont underestimate your job as not key........we are taking upto 500 calls an hour from people who a job would be very key......

south coast

"I Andy still working as a trucker,give us a wave when you having your walk or going shopping it's getting lonely out here."

Thankyou for keeping the economy running as without you guys every other sector cant operate

By *nne an andyCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Burton on Trent

3 days off. First in almost 2 weeks/since things started getting serious.

So a taste of what lockdown's like before back on Tuesday.

Nothing us still working. Telecoms is key work allegedly!

By *wFunGuy4YouMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

Im still needed in work. Im a bus driver but on limited service til its all over. Could be on furlough leave soon too

south coast

Is your Company adhering to the Government's social distancing policy?

If they are, and your boss is looking after your welfare and health and safety concerns, then he is correct in what he is doing.

There may come a time in the near future, when 'all work" becomes "essential work", and that is the time when you will have to stop. "

Exactly this

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I am classed as a key worker however I have had a persistent cough since last week.When I called my office manager on Monday she told me to self isolate for 7 days and ring her tomorrow.The cough is still there so I think she will tell me to self isolate for another 7 days

Key worker still working, though I am worried about catching it being asthmatic, I'm glad I'm able to work for now.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Working from home as day 8 of 14 isolation. But then back to the office a week Monday. Looking forward to being back.

Burton on Trent

"I am classed as a key worker however I have had a persistent cough since last week.When I called my office manager on Monday she told me to self isolate for 7 days and ring her tomorrow.The cough is still there so I think she will tell me to self isolate for another 7 days"

They can be a f***er to shake off sometimes and I suppose you don't know if it's you know what.

Happy to be still working

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Front liners here for roll call!

Everyone one of us, workers or not, are essential to beating this.

We are all as important as each other. The parents keeping their kids safe & trying to educate them the best they can, the older people being responsible by staying home , the ones alone at home putting other people ahead of themselves - and on & on to everyone one of us working in all.sorts of capacities

If you're not staying home when you need to be - have a talk to yourselves and start today. Now.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Front liners here for roll call!

Everyone one of us, workers or not, are essential to beating this.

We are all as important as each other. The parents keeping their kids safe & trying to educate them the best they can, the older people being responsible by staying home , the ones alone at home putting other people ahead of themselves - and on & on to everyone one of us working in all.sorts of capacities

If you're not staying home when you need to be - have a talk to yourselves and start today. Now. "

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’ve just finished going into work, it wasn’t my choice but the decision that was made on my behalf was made for the right reasons. I am now working from home without my team which makes me sad.

The advice is if you can work from home then do so. I can do some things from home so I am.

south coast

Just watched mid day news as you do.....

Great to see an events company being inventive as its core business has stopped dead and now serving take out meals...

However

Isnt that a huge kick in the nuts for resturant owners and employees that they have been shut down...?

rotherham

Our hours are now getting less and less

Bloody fed up of customers being nasty cos they can’t get more than others

Why are people so bloody greedy

I occasionally have the odd emotional wobble but have to keep snapping out of it

» Add a new message to this topic