FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Think we have it

Think we have it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andAuk OP   Couple  over a year ago

leeds

Mrs has lost her sense of smell and taste this afternoon, one of the least reported symptoms. Feels fine in every other aspect and had a temp of 37.3 so not out of the normal range. She's had a cold or cold like symptoms but never suffered loss is senses before. I'm just distancing myself and our daughter and keeping an eye on her for now. I feel a bit guilty as I've been shut down at work since lock down, but she's been front line with customers from day one. So looks like we're in self isolation now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Let's hope it's not. Theres still the normal cold and flus going around.

Either way keep safe and take all the recommended precautions.

leeds

"Let's hope it's not. Theres still the normal cold and flus going around.

Either way keep safe and take all the recommended precautions."

Thankyou

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fingers crossed you are both ok

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Keep checking temp.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Take care of yourselves x

leeds

Thanks everyone, no change this morning. Still no sense of smell or taste but no more symptoms either. Just need to take stock of what food we have in. No super market delivery slots and no one else to call on if we need anything, as they fall in vulnerable catagory.

Masked and Distant

Do you have a thermometer in the house?

Worth keeping an eye on temperatures.

Check on 111.nhs website too.

I'm sure someone could point you in the direction of some local volunteer groups who may be able to help.

Take care x

"Thanks everyone, no change this morning. Still no sense of smell or taste but no more symptoms either. Just need to take stock of what food we have in. No super market delivery slots and no one else to call on if we need anything, as they fall in vulnerable catagory. "

Get well soon

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Thanks everyone, no change this morning. Still no sense of smell or taste but no more symptoms either. Just need to take stock of what food we have in. No super market delivery slots and no one else to call on if we need anything, as they fall in vulnerable catagory. "

Have you no friends or neighbours who could pick you up some food when they go shopping next and have them drop it outside your door for you? I know there are local farm shops and butchers that although closed are doing home delivery in our local area also.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

leeds

"Thanks everyone, no change this morning. Still no sense of smell or taste but no more symptoms either. Just need to take stock of what food we have in. No super market delivery slots and no one else to call on if we need anything, as they fall in vulnerable catagory.

Have you no friends or neighbours who could pick you up some food when they go shopping next and have them drop it outside your door for you? I know there are local farm shops and butchers that although closed are doing home delivery in our local area also.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. "

Don't really see our neighbours and friends live miles away. Just been in touch with work colleagues and one is also a carer so can be out on "business" if needed. Offered to pick us any bits up if he can find them. So maybe a life line for us

Masked and Distant

"Thanks everyone, no change this morning. Still no sense of smell or taste but no more symptoms either. Just need to take stock of what food we have in. No super market delivery slots and no one else to call on if we need anything, as they fall in vulnerable catagory.

Don't really see our neighbours and friends live miles away. Just been in touch with work colleagues and one is also a carer so can be out on "business" if needed. Offered to pick us any bits up if he can find them. So maybe a life line for us "

Anyone can be outside helping to care for another, dont think it will be a problem if they are delivering shopping for you.

Masked and Distant

Try local farm shops. A couple round here are doing home delivery service.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Don't really see our neighbours and friends live miles away. Just been in touch with work colleagues and one is also a carer so can be out on "business" if needed. Offered to pick us any bits up if he can find them. So maybe a life line for us "

That’s good news then that you have somebody that could help you out if need be. Shelves seemed to be well stocked in our supermarket yesterday but took over an hour queueing to get in as they limited the people inside, so one in as one came out.

leeds

"

That’s good news then that you have somebody that could help you out if need be. Shelves seemed to be well stocked in our supermarket yesterday but took over an hour queueing to get in as they limited the people inside, so one in as one came out."

Very much a similar situation here. Sadly the supermarkets have killed off all of the small independent shops so very much rely on these for everything now. We have quite a full freezer so only need the likes of bread and milk. Even then we could no doubt live without these for a short while.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Mrs has lost her sense of smell and taste this afternoon, one of the least reported symptoms. Feels fine in every other aspect and had a temp of 37.3 so not out of the normal range. She's had a cold or cold like symptoms but never suffered loss is senses before. I'm just distancing myself and our daughter and keeping an eye on her for now. I feel a bit guilty as I've been shut down at work since lock down, but she's been front line with customers from day one. So looks like we're in self isolation now. "

I have the same symptoms as your wife today, slight temp but don't feel like I do. Totally lost smell and taste sensation and nasal congestion. Feel like I could do my normal thing, though. We'll be isolating ourselves, just in case. We're working from home anyway so should be OK to carry on with that. Hope your wife and rest of the family are OK, OP.

By *lashnannieCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

We are in day 4 of infection, last couple of days have been pretty rough. For both of us temperature came in bursts, and the dry cough didn't last too long. Hope your next few days are easier than I had, stay safe everyone, this thing is horrible, and that's at a level below hospitalization.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

If you lived closer I would ha e helped you out bringing food as I’m still at work in the food industry

Hope you all feel better soon

Xxx

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

Take it easy and keep drinking...

North West

"We are in day 4 of infection, last couple of days have been pretty rough. For both of us temperature came in bursts, and the dry cough didn't last too long. Hope your next few days are easier than I had, stay safe everyone, this thing is horrible, and that's at a level below hospitalization."

Sorry you feel so ill. Weirdly I feel fine

Had it for a week. Thought I had gotten over it and the bugger got me again. Lying in bed not much use to man nor beast.

Look after yourselves and isolate.

North West

"If you lived closer I would ha e helped you out bringing food as I’m still at work in the food industry

Xxx"

That's very kind. Managed to book Ocado for next Sat, we have plenty at the moment and my brother works for Aldi so he will help if we need it. I'm sure people round your way will need help.

By *astledking19TV/TS  over a year ago

buckingham

Maybe an idea to order a SPO2 box...couple of pound on eBay.

Make sure the tips of the body,fingers nose,toes etc are not turning blue/green.

This is a sign of low oxygen saturation.

If there is sneezing then it may be a heavy cold.

I hope things don’t get that bad for you all.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

"If you lived closer I would ha e helped you out bringing food as I’m still at work in the food industry

Xxx

That's very kind. Managed to book Ocado for next Sat, we have plenty at the moment and my brother works for Aldi so he will help if we need it. I'm sure people round your way will need help.

I’m helping best I csn"

By *aughty Little SecretsCouple  over a year ago

Wetherby

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 23:32:49]

leeds

"

I have the same symptoms as your wife today, slight temp but don't feel like I do. Totally lost smell and taste sensation and nasal congestion. Feel like I could do my normal thing, though. We'll be isolating ourselves, just in case. We're working from home anyway so should be OK to carry on with that. Hope your wife and rest of the family are OK, OP. "

Thankyou, we hope you get over it as well

leeds

Xxx"

Thankyou for the thought, keep yourself safe. Sure she picked it up at work as there is loads of folk off with the symptoms.

leeds

Thankyou for your thoughts everyone. She's still the same and I've isolated her to the bedroom. So for the next week at least I'll be getting friendly with the sofa. We're really annoyed with her work place as there's a couple work there who the wife has been off with symptoms but her husband has returned! This is so irresponsible of both him for returning and of the company allowing him to! I've vowed to seek legal advice should there be ongoing health problems going forward. Also trying to keep our 8 year old calm and trying to explain she can't give mummy cuddles is really hard.

I know we'll get through it though and others are having it much harder. Keep safe everyone xx

» Add a new message to this topic