FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Honest opinions

Honest opinions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

So a straw poll

When do people generally think that things will return to some sort of normality.

There's no right or wrong answer this is just a thread to try and guage what people think is going to happen.

Obviously no one really knows at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

I think it will depend on how quickly they can roll out testing

China were locked down for months but I'm trying not to think about that

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

12 weeks minimum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Based on everything thats happened, true normality (as the way we know it, id say September), but i can see things lifting by may

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

End of June.

By *pril86Woman  over a year ago

chester

Another 8 weeks minimum I think once amazon get the self testing kits out they will ease restrictions but I don’t think we’ve had hard lock down yet it’s going to get tighter before easier

Possibly this won't go away but with medical advances be controlled.

Sort of like chicken pox. It will get to a stage that it's always there but can be less contagious.

We may see a second or third season of this. Who knows

Read “a letter to the UK from Italy” in today’s guardian. Quite sobering. We are two weeks behind Italy, and it will get as bad here.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Normal as in pre covid19? Possibly never, if you mean similar to before I'd say about 12 to 24 months to return to absolute normality for some. For the people whose livelihoods are gone, who will be in massive debt, who have lost family etc never.

"12 weeks minimum "

For the lockdown, probably. But I suspect there will be at least year of restrictions and controls before normality returns.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

August to some normality, but for some people it’ll never be normal again. They’ll have lost a loved one.

And it’s going to take years to get back to where we were economy wise the longer this goes on.

By *leasure4leisureMan  over a year ago

south

How long did the 1918 spainish flu take to end ?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Depends what you call normal, until there is a vaccine, our lives are going to be affected by this. There may be a temporary easing of restrictions between June and August. Foreign Holidays, _estivals and attending sporting events are all off for the short and medium term. If schools and universities reopen in sept they will be using much more remote and distance learning tech.

I seen a video on social media showing a street in East ham in London. On the video it showed the street full of let's just say mixed Asian race been packed together, no social distancing not giving a flying fuck. I honestly can see the virus ripping through London. For example I worked down there a few years back, a guy I was working with lived in a six bedroom house along with 14 others sharing the same bathroom kitchen etc. London is the epicenter of this disease and it will get worse before it gets better

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

3 months if we stick to the advice. A lot long if tools keep ignoring it.

"How long did the 1918 spainish flu take to end ?

"

Not sure but it’s been 100 years since then and so don’t see how it helps in any way to compare as the world is totally different now

I think June time we might see some return to semi normality. Has anyone noticed large exhibitions etc who have cancelled have been announcing new dates in July/August. Seems optimistic to me. Can you see tens of thousands of people being allowed/wanting to attend ?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Four to six months to return to something like normality (small gatherings permitted, back in work, pubs and restaurants and gyms open etc) although I'd expect social distancing to last for longer.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Normal as in pre covid19? Possibly never, if you mean similar to before I'd say about 12 to 24 months to return to absolute normality for some. For the people whose livelihoods are gone, who will be in massive debt, who have lost family etc never. "

This

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Not sure but it’s been 100 years since then and so don’t see how it helps in any way to compare as the world is totally different now

I think June time we might see some return to semi normality. Has anyone noticed large exhibitions etc who have cancelled have been announcing new dates in July/August. Seems optimistic to me. Can you see tens of thousands of people being allowed/wanting to attend ?

"

Spanish flu lasted for approx 3 years

I certainly hope the attitude we have towards each other and towards our planet will have changed by the time this mess is over but I'm not going to put money on it.

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I believe that it won't return to normal here ever again. Ever been to France? The kisses on each cheek are called le bizou.

I'm sure that that practice will die out almost over night.

I would like to think the Autumn but the experts say we should expect a second and third wave of the virus to hit after this one has been controlled . Cant see the UK getting back to normal for a long time tbh

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think we most of us will have a new normal.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Longterm economic wise: economists have estimated that our deficit was down to 60bn and the current package (without any additional borrowing) has pushed that to at least 150bn which is even more than pre austerity. So at least 10 years

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

lockdown will be a lot more restrictive in nxt cpl of weeks until june time i reakon.life in general probably not for 12 minths at least.airline idustry fir example dint think u will be flying off on holiday anytime soon.prob buisness trips and cargo to sstart with.cant see many countrys welcoming millions off tourists into there countrys straight away.99% sure my job wont be there once this is over

most fundamental aspects

With global passenger travel - I’m going to say November before limited flights will resume. There will be an initial scramble for people to fly and carriers will heavily discount flights to stay afloat.

Many carriers that are not wholly government owned will fold, leaving a small number (probably the likes of Ethihad, Qatar, one US carrier and one China airline) they will then have a monopoly and be able to name their price.

Things will go back to before the jet boom of the 60s and only the super rich will be able to afford to fly.

Some billionaire will buy up all the cruise ships that no one wants to go on anymore. that will become the “economy” way to travel. Think Titanic with the third class passengers crammed in.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Longterm economic wise: economists have estimated that our deficit was down to 60bn and the current package (without any additional borrowing) has pushed that to at least 150bn which is even more than pre austerity. So at least 10 years "

The treasury made the final payment on WW2 debt in 2006. I suspect our great grandchildren will be paying this debt

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Longterm economic wise: economists have estimated that our deficit was down to 60bn and the current package (without any additional borrowing) has pushed that to at least 150bn which is even more than pre austerity. So at least 10 years "
Uk owes 2 trillion even before this ,not often publicised our interest on that is 60 billion a year ,mind you USA owes 19 Trillion

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"So a straw poll

When do people generally think that things will return to some sort of normality.

There's no right or wrong answer this is just a thread to try and guage what people think is going to happen.

Obviously no one really knows at the moment."

slow down will begin July August at best.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we're looking at a global depression and very hard times ahead after we come out of this, which will be at least months.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Normal as we knew it never , but moving about again I would hope in 2-3 months max I don't think we can do this all summer

most fundamental aspects

"Longterm economic wise: economists have estimated that our deficit was down to 60bn and the current package (without any additional borrowing) has pushed that to at least 150bn which is even more than pre austerity. So at least 10 years Uk owes 2 trillion even before this ,not often publicised our interest on that is 60 billion a year ,mind you USA owes 19 Trillion "

Apologies. The 60bn figure was quoted from Radio 4’s More or Less and included the projections from the most recent budget (net of cv-19 additions) The ONS figures from 2019 are nearer 37bn

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"End of June. "

I do hope so but believe it's unlikely. I think the Autumn, assuming we all comply and there's no widespread civil disorder over summer that disrupt public systems.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"End of June.

I do hope so but believe it's unlikely. I think the Autumn, assuming we all comply and there's no widespread civil disorder over summer that disrupt public systems."

Hopefully people bloody get the message. I hate this as much as anyone else but we don't have much sodding choice.

Think it will be at least sept just in time for the football season but may be put back into lockdown again next year

If it doesn't end soon what's the point of carrying on. We might live longer but do you really want to live like this, the price is far to high. Better to take our chances than be locked up and controlled, life's for living.

September and then it will flare up in pockets leading to more isolation until we have a vaccine. I’m a half empty kind of guy

couple, us we him her.

Who the fuck do governments borrow this amount of money from and why can't they just pay for everything if they have that much money??

I'm sure the rich oil sheikh's in the Arab world are sitting pretty not willing to assist the global economy buy offering financial assistance?

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

New forest

It's going to take years for the world to recover from this. It's a financial crisis more than a health one. Yes the numbers catching it are scary but lots recovering

By *ocmulletMan  over a year ago

Colchester

That’s a fatalistic approach that will cause more devastation

most fundamental aspects

"If it doesn't end soon what's the point of carrying on. We might live longer but do you really want to live like this, the price is far to high. Better to take our chances than be locked up and controlled, life's for living. "

It’s barely been a week. Assuming you were not already self isolating.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"End of June.

I do hope so but believe it's unlikely. I think the Autumn, assuming we all comply and there's no widespread civil disorder over summer that disrupt public systems."

This is a good answer.

I do like your choice of words of complying.

Obviously there are social engineers working behind the scenes, trying to control the population.

Not actually controlling but letting the public do it for them. Using the nudge method.

Naming shaming etc.

However until we all comply and socially conditioned and it's the new social norm that's when you'll find shackles may get a bit looser.

Not saying it won't get tighter later

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"End of June.

I do hope so but believe it's unlikely. I think the Autumn, assuming we all comply and there's no widespread civil disorder over summer that disrupt public systems.

Hopefully people bloody get the message. I hate this as much as anyone else but we don't have much sodding choice."

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Who the fuck do governments borrow this amount of money from and why can't they just pay for everything if they have that much money??

I'm sure the rich oil sheikh's in the Arab world are sitting pretty not willing to assist the global economy buy offering financial assistance?"

. Banks, pension funds, private investors, overseas investors ,and rich individuals ,

We have it bad and it's getting worst but imagine what it will do to third world countries.

couple, us we him her.

"We have it bad and it's getting worst but imagine what it will do to third world countries. "

I said that to jools about 3 week's ago.

India and Pakistan

Due to poor health care and poverty will be decimated.

NHS staff manning the new emergency hospitals have apparently been told to move out if they live with a vulnerable person for 6 months....this will go on for rest of the year imo.

Get used to it.

"Who the fuck do governments borrow this amount of money from and why can't they just pay for everything if they have that much money??

I'm sure the rich oil sheikh's in the Arab world are sitting pretty not willing to assist the global economy buy offering financial assistance?"

Money printer goes Brrrrrrr.

On the brink of economic collapse

I think it will be along time as we have to deal with this 1st.

Then we will have to deal with a recession.

Be quicker if people listen to the government and just stay in doors and make it easier 4 the ones that have to go to work.

"We have it bad and it's getting worst but imagine what it will do to third world countries.

India and Pakistan

Due to poor health care and poverty will be decimated."

Unfortunately you were probably right

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"We have it bad and it's getting worst but imagine what it will do to third world countries.

India and Pakistan

Due to poor health care and poverty will be decimated.

Unfortunately you were probably right"

We were just talking about this the other day. Over 18 million people living in cramped conditions in New Delhi alone! It will tear a whole through populations like this

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If infection rates plummet from April, it's possible that some easing of restrictions from June. It would then be monitored and full restrictions returned, if infection rates increase. Christmas 2020 may have some potential for being a little less restricted.

If people stick to what they are told maybe late autumn but the more we ignore it the virus can mutate and we can have potential for a more serious impact on society we should follow Italy you only allowed to drive if you have some kind of pass i.e nhs essential workers not bloody window cleaners etc

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I'm sure the rich oil sheikh's in the Arab world are sitting pretty not willing to assist the global economy buy offering financial assistance?

Money printer goes Brrrrrrr.

On the brink of economic collapse"

Mostly IOU bonds to insurers and pension providers as unfortunately Labour sold all our gold.

"If it doesn't end soon what's the point of carrying on. We might live longer but do you really want to live like this, the price is far to high. Better to take our chances than be locked up and controlled, life's for living.

It’s barely been a week. Assuming you were not already self isolating. "

I'm looking forward up to 8 more weeks like this, it's not living .

maybe this will interest some maybe not.

due to my businesses I have to keep an eye on what is happening in America.

I have been watching many of the live updates from states and tonight Ohio state has said that due to people listening and doing as told they are flattening the curve.

The figures they have are lower than expected at this time due to people keeping distance and staying indoors.

of course they warn also that this may change but governor Dewine and his staff look like they are making progress in Ohio state.

Lets hope we here and elsewhere get similar news.

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

lar lar land

"Normal as in pre covid19? Possibly never, if you mean similar to before I'd say about 12 to 24 months to return to absolute normality for some. For the people whose livelihoods are gone, who will be in massive debt, who have lost family etc never.

This"

This think we may find the world a different place after

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"12 weeks minimum

For the lockdown, probably. But I suspect there will be at least year of restrictions and controls before normality returns."

Sadly have to agree,all a bit depressing

At least two months

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Reckon July before we come out safely.

Unless they find a vaccine beforehand.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"So a straw poll

Obviously no one really knows at the moment."

Normality as in the end of Social Distancing? I'd say about July.

Normal as in like they were before the virus? A couple of years.

By *eedsSpoonMan  over a year ago

Leeds

September, I think restrictions will ease by late June, but a 2nd wave bigger than predicted will see us back inside until September.

Can we ever return to what we were before?

Long term psychological impact will have people more vigilant about health I think.

But who knows.

I never thought I would live through anything like this. Its just so hard to predict I guess xx

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

If lockdown fails, cases keep doubling, it’s all over in 3 months, won’t be anyone left to infect ... but a large hole will be filled . If lockdown works we slow the disease, we keep NHS workload within its capacity to treat but will probably bounce in and out of lockdown ever few weeks until a vaccine is available, 12 months?

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Read “a letter to the UK from Italy” in today’s guardian. Quite sobering. We are two weeks behind Italy, and it will get as bad here. "

It's worth reading

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Normality? I say at least 12-18 months.

The future's so bright

hard to tell,never knew this country had so many stupid people,so could be months

think its a holliday,or still go out and mix

May 2021

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

September.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Do people think the schools will reopen for the new school year, September? I can't see it happening sooner.

2/3 of my kids are stressing about it

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"I seen a video on social media showing a street in East ham in London. On the video it showed the street full of let's just say mixed Asian race been packed together, no social distancing not giving a flying fuck. I honestly can see the virus ripping through London. For example I worked down there a few years back, a guy I was working with lived in a six bedroom house along with 14 others sharing the same bathroom kitchen etc. London is the epicenter of this disease and it will get worse before it gets better "

Fair dos marra, most folk from Ashington thing the south starts at Moor Farm roundabout....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Do people think the schools will reopen for the new school year, September? I can't see it happening sooner.

2/3 of my kids are stressing about it "

I'm unsure if they will open on time in September. They could if we contain it, similarly to other countries. I can't see schools open before then though.

couple, us we him her.

"hard to tell,never knew this country had so many stupid people,so could be months

think its a holliday,or still go out and mix"

The popularity of shows like love island should have been a clue to that one.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Well, the talk is the lockdown will be to June... even mentioning bringing in tougher measures.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"hard to tell,never knew this country had so many stupid people,so could be months

The popularity of shows like love island should have been a clue to that one."

By *efthandMan  over a year ago

Halton, Cheshire

"Another 8 weeks minimum I think once amazon get the self testing kits out they will ease restrictions but I don’t think we’ve had hard lock down yet it’s going to get tighter before easier "

--

If those tests are as good as they have been talking about? Then the ongoing mass roll out of them will be a huge first step.

Once you've had a proportion of the population having had the virus and recovered (as so many won't know they've had and naturally fought it off). Then those can start kickstart movement and 'living' again.

--

Slightly tongue in cheek (and no way making fun of the situation or how we find ourselves on Fab).

I can imagine where you see profiles that was last tested (with negative results) on profiles. To indicate sensibility in regular checking.

You'll start to see virus tested and positive recovered notes on profiles.

So that when a level of lifting / testing and restrictions lessened. People (who have also already tested positive) will be looking for those with positive testing on their profiles.

--

But hopefully those test kits do work, can get rolled out quickly and that will allow the country to start taking very small steps to recovery. It will still have for a couple of years a huge impact on the NHS and those in the vulnerable categories.

That's before you consider the financial impact for many years on everyone alongside a possible fundamental shift in how some people work. (I work in an office and have been really fortune that I've been able to carry on working from home throughout this). But how many office companies after having 3 / 4 months of solid testing for home working infrastructure, and investment in having people work from home think...

Why do we need all these offices? Let's start moving towards a working from home culture and save building costs.

As do I fancy having 90 minutes lost everyday again to travel for work when this is over?

Don't get me wrong... I don't like everyone enjoy the home confinement but I'd rather have that time for myself once it's done.

So we might see other changes (almost a new revolution) from the back of this.

First and foremost, everyone following rules, staying safe, supporting where you can and just being kind to people.

In your 'real' lives and Fab lives.

The comfort in random conversations with 'random' people on here as such can bring delightful pleasure and release. Just be kind about it and staying sensible.

xxx

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Maybe 5 to 6mouth before things start to get back to normal hope every one stays safe

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

New forest

The popularity of shows like love island should have been a clue to that one."

Totally agree lol

Fully back to normal with no forms of social distancing and no emergency lockdowns of certain areas where infections are discovered?

I'd say around 12 - 18 months.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Do people think the schools will reopen for the new school year, September? I can't see it happening sooner.

2/3 of my kids are stressing about it

I'm unsure if they will open on time in September. They could if we contain it, similarly to other countries. I can't see schools open before then though. "

The irony is it’s actually the other way round... if we contain it then it’s highly likely we will still be having cases and new lockdowns in September. If we fail to contain it cases double every 3 days and there will be nobody let to infect in 6 weeks

By *cecube33Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

"

13 months in total with over 50 million dead. 228.000 in Britain alone.

» Add a new message to this topic