FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid and separated parents

Covid and separated parents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Are many men having issues seeing their kids? I am a key worker and am still working. But under government guidelines I’m not to mix anyone outside the home. I’m between a rock and a hard place with work and family commitments

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That must be really tough for you bud. Im sorry to hear that. Can you vid call them?

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

My kids were due to spend a week with their dad for easter but hes cancelled because of this, they understand but are gutted. Its rubbish

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Legislation explicitly states that children under 18 whose parents share custody can continue with their normal arrangements. Mine have been at their dad's since Wednesday, coming back here tomorrow.

If it's because you're out and about as a key worker, that's more difficult cause obviously you'll be worried about infection. Maybe co-ordinate exercise times?

Hugs anyway

Makes me realise how lucky I am. Me and my ex are still friends and have been able to work out sensible arrangements

Cookstown

"Legislation explicitly states that children under 18 whose parents share custody can continue with their normal arrangements. Mine have been at their dad's since Wednesday, coming back here tomorrow.

If it's because you're out and about as a key worker, that's more difficult cause obviously you'll be worried about infection. Maybe co-ordinate exercise times?

Hugs anyway"

yes I’m in a hospital environment 2-3 days per week. I’m a key worker as I make up part of the construction team carrying out the covid 19 works at my local hospital. It’s just brutal

My children will be going to their fathers tonight as it is permitted by government guidelines

My daughter can not see her dad as he is a keyworker. It’s her Birthday on Monday too she is only young. All very hard for her to take on board. Bad enough she can’t see her school friends, But priority has to be to keep family safe.

Cookstown

"My children will be going to their fathers tonight as it is permitted by government guidelines "
I assume neither you or him are key workers?

Cookstown

"My daughter can not see her dad as he is a keyworker. It’s her Birthday on Monday too she is only young. All very hard for her to take on board. Bad enough she can’t see her school friends, But priority has to be to keep family safe. "
The poor wee child!

By *heldoncooperMan  over a year ago

southampton

im separated with 14 year old daughter,ex recovering from heart op..classed as vulnerable.Im classed as key worker as work on ambulances,been advised no contact..havent seen daughter in 3 weekends...its difficult,but i wouldnt put them or myself at risk.

Weve all got to sacrifice to overcome this.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My daughter has just gone to her dads. She will be back Monday x

Cookstown

"im separated with 14 year old daughter,ex recovering from heart op..classed as vulnerable.Im classed as key worker as work on ambulances,been advised no contact..havent seen daughter in 3 weekends...its difficult,but i wouldnt put them or myself at risk.

Weve all got to sacrifice to overcome this."

logical and thank you

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

was daughters birthday thursday just gone lucjily eough as thigs stand at the momment shes been wiylth me since yesterday afternoon and going back tomorow evening how kong that lasts who knows.if worse comes to worse there is always skye and facetime with her

D - I lost my house at end of January and the place I was meant to be moving to fell through so ended up of no fixed abode as the virus hit, then lost my job. I spent two weeks at my kids house looking after them while their mum worked. Her work shut on Thursday so came to Cs house yesterday for the duration. Normally I'd spend part of the week with kids and 0art with my partner. I've no idea when I'll see my kids again.

Cookstown

"D - I lost my house at end of January and the place I was meant to be moving to fell through so ended up of no fixed abode as the virus hit, then lost my job. I spent two weeks at my kids house looking after them while their mum worked. Her work shut on Thursday so came to Cs house yesterday for the duration. Normally I'd spend part of the week with kids and 0art with my partner. I've no idea when I'll see my kids again. "
sorry to hear that

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

I'm separated. Live 3 miles apart. As it has been for several years my oldest is with me all the time I'm not at work and he isn't at school. Still seeing my youngest occasionally who for various reasons is more with his mum.

I'm a key worker, still working f/t. I'm trying to arrange for my oldest to come with me occasionally as a volunteer.

Government is quite rightly still permitting kids to see both their parents.

My ex was awkward when we first separated. Until she got it all her way. I seriously feel for the many guys whole exes were being arses before any of this.

Amazing isn't it.

All those married people on here that are cheating seem to have disappeared?

Oh right schools closed same with work.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

One of my exes has been over to see his kids today. Advice is to see them once a week.

He misses them as we usually have 50/50 care and they spend time at his as well as here but he has said he will stick to the advice as he is a key worker.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I'm in the same boat mate.

However the kids understand why I can't come and get them and the ex is being very good with what's going on.

I actually feel sorry for her as sometimes the few days resbite can be a godsend.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Amazing isn't it.

All those married people on here that are cheating seem to have disappeared?

Oh right schools closed same with work. "

What's this got to do with separated parents seeing their kids in the current circumstances?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"My children will be going to their fathers tonight as it is permitted by government guidelines I assume neither you or him are key workers? "

Are key workers children not allowed to move between parents?

Cookstown

"My children will be going to their fathers tonight as it is permitted by government guidelines I assume neither you or him are key workers?

Are key workers children not allowed to move between parents? "

I am not sure what the advice is

"My children will be going to their fathers tonight as it is permitted by government guidelines I assume neither you or him are key workers?

I am a key worker (not sure why the OP assumed I wasn't) but am currently off work with an unrelated medical issue but will be going back in a week or 2

I work nights and their father works days so he will care for them overnight whilst I go to work

Not that I'm aware of

A lot of children live in a home with 2 keyworkers

"Are many men having issues seeing their kids? I am a key worker and am still working. But under government guidelines I’m not to mix anyone outside the home. I’m between a rock and a hard place with work and family commitments "

Seperated families can still have shared custody as before. It is part of the rules that children do not miss life with the parent that lives away.

"Are many men having issues seeing their kids? I am a key worker and am still working. But under government guidelines I’m not to mix anyone outside the home. I’m between a rock and a hard place with work and family commitments

Seperated families can still have shared custody as before. It is part of the rules that children do not miss life with the parent that lives away. "

I cancelled my wee ones visits to her dad over worries about her passing any infection onto my parents.

My ex isnt responsible enough to head advice and stay home or cease having the whole street in his house

» Add a new message to this topic