FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Society

Society

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uysx2 OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Birmingham

With things deteriorating in Italy as the death toll rises and food becomes more scarce, people are turning to theft to get supplies. At the moment we're all behaving as a civilised society but if this goes on for a long time and basic supplies run down how long before the fragments of our society unravel. How long before the military takes over and things get really uncivilized?

If you think this is never going to happen then think back just three short weeks and ask yourself how likely we would have thought it would be that we would be living under the current restrictions.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Think it was about two weeks ago a charity i'm interested in had their food bank robbed of all supplies.

People won't just lay down and die but i think the most vulnerable among us will be targeted first because this government and the media promoted that before the virus.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I hope you are wrong - but?

I was emailed by a friend in Naples yesterday. He said that once money and food run out people will turn to guns.

I cannot believe I have just typed that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I hope you are wrong - but?

I was emailed by a friend in Naples yesterday. He said that once money and food run out people will turn to guns.

I cannot believe I have just typed that. "

I saw on the news today, that Italy have a similar financial package in place as the UK. For people that have lost their jobs

Unfortunately the money just isnt getting through.

So people are banding together, and raiding supermarkets.

Scary stuff

Can we do Waitrose first? I’m bollocksed if I’m going to be shot or go to jail for doing over Lidl.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Yes.....very, very concerning. I am often sceptical about what we are being told especially by politicians, however do feel we are being told the truth about food supplies. To my mind little doubt there is plenty of food, distributing it equitably could be the problem.

It is not the same situation as in WWII when the country was effectively blockaded..

Will we starve to death ?? NO..!!

Will you have the exact brand and item you desire? Maybe not...

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Can we do Waitrose first? I’m bollocksed if I’m going to be shot or go to jail for doing over Lidl. "

Brilliant! I love the British sense of humour.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

If people stop being greedy fuckers and learn to live without luxury items and understand that alot of stuff is seasonal, we should have enough farming to sustain us.

However farming must have been hit by lack of staff and distribution.

I can see pocket's of isolated looting by moronic groups too lazy and selfish to be responsible but I honestly can't see all out collapse of society as we know it.

I am a very pessimistic person but I just can't see it.

Yes people are going to die.

People are going to get sick but the majority will recover.

It's just the tribal mentality that will take over in certain areas.

If it gets to bad the government will have to drop the new law's and get us back to normal, and let the virus run its course. It's a hard world but that human nature for you.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We live in a horribly self centred and self entitled society with no sense of community and that's going to cost lives.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"If it gets to bad the government will have to drop the new law's and get us back to normal, and let the virus run its course. It's a hard world but that human nature for you. "

I think if lockdown does not produce noticeable results within a reasonable timeframe the govt will need to rethink its position as people will become restless, lose faith and become angry.

However the recent news appears to be encouraging so I don't think we'll get anywhere close to the situation Italy has sadly found itself in.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

To much doom and gloom around yes there are bad times ahead but we will get through it.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"To much doom and gloom around yes there are bad times ahead but we will get through it."

I don't think the tabloid media have helped this very much

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"To much doom and gloom around yes there are bad times ahead but we will get through it.

I don't think the tabloid media have helped this very much"

Yes I agree

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"With things deteriorating in Italy as the death toll rises and food becomes more scarce, people are turning to theft to get supplies. At the moment we're all behaving as a civilised society but if this goes on for a long time and basic supplies run down how long before the fragments of our society unravel. How long before the military takes over and things get really uncivilized?

If you think this is never going to happen then think back just three short weeks and ask yourself how likely we would have thought it would be that we would be living under the current restrictions."

"If you think this is never going to happen then think back just three short weeks and ask yourself how likely we would have thought it would be that we would be living under the current restrictions."

It was obvious we would be living under the same restrictions as we saw happening in China and then Italy. Did you think the virus wouldn't dare come to dear old Blighty, to GREAT Britain? Why would anyone think it was going to be different here? Ahh of course, British Exceptionalism. Shame there was a big load of that going around, we might have been more prepared and taken action sooner.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Can we do Waitrose first? I’m bollocksed if I’m going to be shot or go to jail for doing over Lidl.

Brilliant! I love the British sense of humour. "

Stuff that, Fortnum and Masons.

» Add a new message to this topic