FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Bats

Bats

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I was chatting to a Chinese man that I know quite well (at a safe distance) and asked him about some of the feed people eat in some parts of China like Wuhan. I was curious about bat meat and he said it was pretty much like chicken.. I wonder if there is a chicken shortage out there?

Why not just eat chicken ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I presume the people who eat bat meat are generally very poor. Also although covid 19 didn't come from bats directly it came from another unknown animal, a pangolin has been suggested .Although the original virus, not covid 19, came from bats.

Chelmsford

Could it be a cat or a dog and how do they every trace it back?

I said in an earlier thread that some scientists have a theory that besiality spread nasty diseases between species..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Holy poison wing tips batman

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Could it be a cat or a dog and how do they every trace it back?

I said in an earlier thread that some scientists have a theory that besiality spread nasty diseases between species.. "

They can trace it back using the dna, the more mutations to the dna the more species in between the viruses.

They thought that hiv was originally spread from animals to humans sexually but that has pretty much disproved and its thought that it crossed species due to the eating of chimps etc as bushmeat.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Why not just eat chicken ?"

Washed in chlorine of course ?

Everything tastes like chicken apparently....

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It's a funny thing but in the UK Bats are a protected species and if you bought a property with a resident colony you are supposed to report it to your local authority and then prove you have a plan in place to protect them.

"Everything tastes like chicken apparently...."

Except Chicken.

By *urlyloverMan  over a year ago

n Ireland

That because chicken is more or less tasteless and takes on the same flavour of what you cook it in

"That because chicken is more or less tasteless and takes on the same flavour of what you cook it in"

Yup. Never known a Chicken that owned a Monet.

Chelmsford

I like chicken wings crispy and would imagine bat wings to be crispy too but probably not risk it after this scare..

Is it all bats or certain varieties..

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

There are over a 100 species of bats in China, maybe it's their version of chicken. Bristol University do research on them based in Beijing. Your guess is as good as mine which bat is the tastiest or the most deadly.

A Dracula move tells me they are not human friendly. Yeh I know Batman....but then the villians always steal the show don't you think.

We all resemble Bane with the masks ironically.

The future's so bright

Chelmsford

Has anyone on here eaten a bat?

I don't mean eating out an old bat..

I mean physically eating one of those reptiles..

Bedford

"Has anyone on here eaten a bat?

I mean physically eating one of those reptiles.. "

They're actually mammals, but I see the easy association. They are of the family which include cats dogs cows even whales.

The horseshoe bat is currently the one they think may be the species of bat involved in Covid-19 pandemic.

Never eaten one so no idea the taste.

Apparently they're asymptomatic with regard to rabies, so it's rare to find any bat species that deadly desease.

The theory they are the prime suspect for the transmission of sars or covid is the experts theory.

I tend to go with pools of human waste mixed with industrial waste or even military waste in open air with a human population nearby. Bad sewarage is very underestimated if industrial or military waste involved could explain why the Chinese Gov. tried to cover the problem up. The area being heavily industrial too.

The bat thing could be the perfect cover.

Which brings me back to Batman. The villain always tries to make Batman the bad guy ironically, turning public opinion against him.

Poor old bats getting...errr...battering.

The future's so bright

Chelmsford

They're actually mammals, but I see the easy association. They are of the family which include cats dogs cows even whales.

The horseshoe bat is currently the one they think may be the species of bat involved in Covid-19 pandemic.

Apparently they're asymptomatic with regard to rabies, so it's rare to find any bat species that deadly desease.

The theory they are the prime suspect for the transmission of sars or covid is the experts theory.

I tend to go with pools of human waste mixed with industrial waste or even military waste in open air with a human population nearby. Bad sewarage is very underestimated if industrial or military waste involved could explain why the Chinese Gov. tried to cover the problem up. The area being heavily industrial too.

Which brings me back to Batman. The villain always tries to make Batman the bad guy ironically, turning public opinion against him.

The future's so bright "

So if not a bat then perhaps a cat ?

Bedford

The future's so bright

So if not a bat then perhaps a cat ?"

Always a possibility , a rat even it is the Chinese year of the rat remember.

Rats were prime suspect aswell as fleas and bad sewarage for the plague black death in Europe and England.

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"I was chatting to a Chinese man that I know quite well (at a safe distance) and asked him about some of the feed people eat in some parts of China like Wuhan. I was curious about bat meat and he said it was pretty much like chicken.. I wonder if there is a chicken shortage out there? Lol

Why not just eat chicken ?"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People live adopting the social customs of their area. Wild animal meat was typically eaten by poorer people in China and elsewhere, or when deprived. The government there encouraged many species to be farmed, increasing its appeal as more of a delicacy, increasing its price and appeal.

Sadly their catastrophic wet markets of different live and dead animals and meat, with masses of people around were ideal places for bugs to transfer between different animals and people. Many of the earlier cases in Wuhan were in people who had been at the wet markets there.

As cities have grown, poorer people have been pushed more towards land that's on the verge of wild, with proximity to greater numbers of wild animals, often that get exploited. Pangolins, for example that may have been involved in the progression from bats to humans of Covid 19, are more greatly endangered as species now, with dwindling numbers. They've been used in some Chinese medicine treatments.

Bedford

"People live adopting the social customs of their area. Wild animal meat was typically eaten by poorer people in China and elsewhere, or when deprived. The government there encouraged many species to be farmed, increasing its appeal as more of a delicacy, increasing its price and appeal.

Sadly their catastrophic wet markets of different live and dead animals and meat, with masses of people around were ideal places for bugs to transfer between different animals and people. Many of the earlier cases in Wuhan were in people who had been at the wet markets there.

As cities have grown, poorer people have been pushed more towards land that's on the verge of wild, with proximity to greater numbers of wild animals, often that get exploited. Pangolins, for example that may have been involved in the progression from bats to humans of Covid 19, are more greatly endangered as species now, with dwindling numbers. They've been used in some Chinese medicine treatments. "

The food chain is the key. All sorts of bugs are in all sorts of markets. I've seen open fish stalls at markets in this country on a hot summers day with flies all over the place. Fruit and veg too all exposed. It is a hazzard no doubt.

I do feel industry has a big part in this, it produces a lot more waste now and more harmful. There have been so many cases in the past all over the world. This needs to be dealt with or it will definitely be the end.

Chelmsford

I wonder if the bats are being demonised in the same way as snakes have been demonised for years. I am no fan of snakes but I like to watch bats flying around on a nice summer evening at dusk.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Bats are basically just mice that have learned how to fly...

"That because chicken is more or less tasteless and takes on the same flavour of what you cook it in

Yup. Never known a Chicken that owned a Monet.

"

That made me laugh more than it should of done!

By *ottrodder69Couple  over a year ago

Georgia

sounds batty!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Bats are basically just mice that have learned how to fly..."

Can't wait for the little feckers to discover jet engines!

And do you know all the minging markets have all just started up again like nothing ever happened, absolutely crazy you couldn't make it up.

Chelmsford

Why not just sell chicken..

Does snake taste like chicken ?

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"It's a funny thing but in the UK Bats are a protected species and if you bought a property with a resident colony you are supposed to report it to your local authority and then prove you have a plan in place to protect them.

"

My plan is to look after them by placing them in this deep fat fryer

"It's a funny thing but in the UK Bats are a protected species and if you bought a property with a resident colony you are supposed to report it to your local authority and then prove you have a plan in place to protect them.

My plan is to look after them by placing them in this deep fat fryer "

Ya mean 'deep BAT fryer', perhaps..??!

Chelmsford

My plan is to look after them by placing them in this deep fat fryer "

I love watching them fly and change direction so quickly...are they as dangerous as sharks .. ?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"And do you know all the minging markets have all just started up again like nothing ever happened, absolutely crazy you couldn't make it up. "

They will do. Chinese people have eaten wildlife for 1000s of years and are not likely to stop. It will all go underground and make disease tracking near impossible.

A lady did a 5 year study of bats and the genome of coronavirus in 2004, chasing sars down in bats and they found quite a few coronaviruses that could infect human lung tissue, we have had 6 major crossovers in diseases from bats that infected humans so far how many more will we have to go through before we just leave them alone.

Chelmsford

Are bats dangerous ?

In a Sparkly Dress

"Are bats dangerous ?"

No. we are through our ignorance.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I presume the people who eat bat meat are generally very poor. Also although covid 19 didn't come from bats directly it came from another unknown animal, a pangolin has been suggested .Although the original virus, not covid 19, came from bats."

It's the rich people. They crave the exotic then cry when it's not available as they're prepared the high premiums. It's the rich that sustain the "wet markets".

Whitstable

"

I love watching them fly and change direction so quickly...are they as dangerous as sharks .. ?"

You mean the Great White Bat ...

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

*prepared to pay the high premiums....

Chelmsford

I thought the Chinese ate bats because they were cheap, readily available and tasty ?

Chelmsford

Is there such a thing as a vampire bat and if so does it feast on blood ?

Whitstable

Do Fruit Bats taste fruity?

When you have had as many famines as the Chinese have had you tend not to be that fussy. It’s in the culture now, so it won’t change overnight.

In a Sparkly Dress

"I thought the Chinese ate bats because they were cheap, readily available and tasty ?"

Quite a few countries eat bats, aborigines have for 1000's of years as well

"Is there such a thing as a vampire bat and if so does it feast on blood ?"

Yes and yes. It uses razor sharp teeth to slice into a vein and it's saliva contains anti coagulants to keep the blood flowing. Then they lick it up.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Can’t imagine there is much meat on a bat

london

"I thought the Chinese ate bats because they were cheap, readily available and tasty ?"

If the legs and wings do not contain metal plastic or wood the Chinese will eat it

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I had a bat pot noodle once but dont think it actually contained real bat like the chicken and beef ones it was just flavouring..

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I think its wicked how they cook dogs alive and cats ,real savages..

london

"I think its wicked how they cook dogs alive and cats ,real savages.."

Definitely, the horrific treatment and suffering they put in defenceless animals is just awful to think about.

Just so they can have their produce as fresh as possible

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Is there such a thing as a vampire bat and if so does it feast on blood ?

Yes and yes. It uses razor sharp teeth to slice into a vein and it's saliva contains anti coagulants to keep the blood flowing. Then they lick it up. "

I remember this from The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, from wikipedia

Vampire bats also display reciprocal altruism, as described by Wilkinson. The bats feed each other by regurgitating blood. Since bats only feed on blood and will die after just 70 hours of not eating, this food sharing is a great benefit to the receiver and a great cost to the giver.

To qualify for reciprocal altruism, the benefit to the receiver would have to be larger than the cost to the donor. This seems to hold as these bats usually die if they do not find a blood meal two nights in a row.

Also, the requirement that individuals who have behaved altruistically in the past are helped by others in the future is confirmed by the data. However, the consistency of the reciprocal behaviour, namely that a previously non-altruistic bat is refused help when it requires it, has not been demonstrated. Therefore, the bats do not seem to qualify yet as an unequivocal example of reciprocal altruism.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"I think its wicked how they cook dogs alive and cats ,real savages..

Definitely, the horrific treatment and suffering they put in defenceless animals is just awful to think about.

Just so they can have their produce as fresh as possible "

Don't forget about the seafood and shell fish that need to be alive, prior to cooking.

Chelmsford

"Is there such a thing as a vampire bat and if so does it feast on blood ?

Yes and yes. It uses razor sharp teeth to slice into a vein and it's saliva contains anti coagulants to keep the blood flowing. Then they lick it up. "

Bloody hell.. are you serious ?

» Add a new message to this topic