FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Long term lock down.

Long term lock down.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently we could be on lockdown for 13 weeks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I read late May/early June with social distancing possibly until October.

I don't think lockdown can be expected to last into the summer, there would be the strong possibility of widespread civil unrest/disobience.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I think 13 weeks is less than it will be. I’m guessing 16+. But they can’t tell us that. Need to break us into the idea a bit at a time.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I read late May/early June with social distancing possibly until October.

I don't think lockdown can be expected to last into the summer, there would be the strong possibility of widespread civil unrest/disobience."

God I hope not. Now more than ever we all need to stay calm and sensible.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

They will do what Italy and Spain are and keep continuing it for another 2 weeks when it runs out,it doesnt seem so bad that way.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Apparently we could be on lockdown for 13 weeks. "

As long as there are selfish cunts that dont understand the necessity of the lockdown we'll be on lockdown as long as needs be. Cant believe there are clowns out there willing to flaunt it. The idiots I've had to deal with in my job is unbelievable.

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

Whatever it takes to save lives, keep the NHS from being overwhelmed and get back to normality.

anyone who thinks less than this is, in my opinion, naive

"Whatever it takes to save lives, keep the NHS from being overwhelmed and get back to normality.

"

The NHS is already overwhelmed not just with the virus - but we are trying our best in these very uncertain times. Normality as we knew it will not be the same am afraid.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

We could be lockdown for 6 months.

"Apparently we could be on lockdown for 13 weeks.

We could be lockdown for 6 months."

Let's not put a time limit or second guess - let's all just be safe and actually follow what has been said for once in our lives. As am sure we want to save as much lives as possible during this god damn awful time.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

As long as there are selfish cunts that dont understand the necessity of the lockdown we'll be on lockdown as long as needs be. Cant believe there are clowns out there willing to flaunt it. The idiots I've had to deal with in my job is unbelievable."

Just puzzled why do you need to insult people? Just curious...

Bolton

Then the cure is worse than the disease....

The longer we are in lockdown the longer it will take to get back to normal, and sorry to say but more job losses. The country can only pay for lockdown for about 4 weeks, after that we will slowly be bleeding the country dry . If as they are saying 12 weeks then we are all finished.

Bolton

Herd immunity will have started to kick in by then and very widespread testing would be in place giving quite a few the "all clear"...

Bolton

"The longer we are in lockdown the longer it will take to get back to normal, and sorry to say but more job losses. The country can only pay for lockdown for about 4 weeks, after that we will slowly be bleeding the country dry . If as they are saying 12 weeks then we are all finished. "

Agree the cure is worse than the disease. Economic and psychological consequences will be more devastating than the disease.....

As long as there are selfish cunts that dont understand the necessity of the lockdown we'll be on lockdown as long as needs be. Cant believe there are clowns out there willing to flaunt it. The idiots I've had to deal with in my job is unbelievable."

The morons out there haven't got the intellectual capability to realise (a) the danger they represent to others (b) that they are just delaying the things they love (football, pubs, flights to Magaluf etc) becoming available to them again....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Apparently we could be on lockdown for 13 weeks. anyone who thinks less than this is, in my opinion, naive "

Possibly, or in for a big shock..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The longer we are in lockdown the longer it will take to get back to normal, and sorry to say but more job losses. The country can only pay for lockdown for about 4 weeks, after that we will slowly be bleeding the country dry . If as they are saying 12 weeks then we are all finished. "

Or like ww2 we'll go as long as we need to and our grandkids will be paying for it..

It's global so it'll be what it will..

3rd world countries take this seriously yet our stupid govt was so slow to react to the crisis.. Need I say they want it to spread and all you sheep that dont believe the govt has an agenda need to give your heads a wobble.

Pontypridd

Herd immunity will have started to kick in by then and very widespread testing would be in place giving quite a few the "all clear"..."

The all clear means you’re still liable to get infected. Unless you need to return to work it’s a pointless diagnosis.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"

Herd immunity will have started to kick in by then and very widespread testing would be in place giving quite a few the "all clear"...

The all clear means you’re still liable to get infected. Unless you need to return to work it’s a pointless diagnosis. "

I assume by 'all clear' they meant had the virus and recovered and therefore (hopefully) unable to pass on

Pontypridd

"

The all clear means you’re still liable to get infected. Unless you need to return to work it’s a pointless diagnosis.

I assume by 'all clear' they meant had the virus and recovered and therefore (hopefully) unable to pass on "

I believe the available test just determines infected or not. It doesn’t look for post infection anti bodies.

I’d like to be wrong on that so if anyone knows please post.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"The longer we are in lockdown the longer it will take to get back to normal, and sorry to say but more job losses. The country can only pay for lockdown for about 4 weeks, after that we will slowly be bleeding the country dry . If as they are saying 12 weeks then we are all finished.

Agree the cure is worse than the disease. Economic and psychological consequences will be more devastating than the disease..... "

The psychological consequences of seeing health services totally overwhelmed and millions of people dying, most of which would have been preventable if everybody had taken this seriously from the outset, will be much worse than the damage caused by having to stay mostly at home for a few months. The majority of people in this country have never seen a dead body; every moment that people refuse to take every possible precaution makes it more likely that we will ALL be more familiar with death than we want to be.

Two years ago i watched my mother die in hospital of respiratory complications. Even with the calm environment, the kindness of the dedicated nurses and doctors, and every aid that was available to ease my mothers suffering, it is an experience that haunts me every day. Sooner or later most of us will be affected by the death of a loved one; sooner or later all of us die. It is my fervent hope that it is later. And at this time the best way for everyone to help with that is to treat this crisis as being most serious than you can possibly believe.

Please be safe everybody and help keep others safe.

Bolton

"

I assume by 'all clear' they meant had the virus and recovered and therefore (hopefully) unable to pass on

I believe the available test just determines infected or not. It doesn’t look for post infection anti bodies.

I’d like to be wrong on that so if anyone knows please post. "

Think there at least two tests, testing for different as aspects. Have not fully followed the details but would certainly provide more information on which to base decisions....

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"

3rd world countries take this seriously yet our stupid govt was so slow to react to the crisis.. Need I say they want it to spread and all you sheep that dont believe the govt has an agenda need to give your heads a wobble."

I’m not a sheep and I don’t think the government has an agenda.

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 29/03/20 15:06:42]

Bolton

My head does NOT need a "wobble", does it all on its own. Why do folk have to throw out these insult? Just take part in intelligent debate...

"

3rd world countries take this seriously yet our stupid govt was so slow to react to the crisis.. Need I say they want it to spread and all you sheep that dont believe the govt has an agenda need to give your heads a wobble.

I’m not a sheep and I don’t think the government has an agenda. "

By *atandasmileMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I believe the available test just determines infected or not. It doesn’t look for post infection anti bodies.

I’d like to be wrong on that so if anyone knows please post. "

The new test, which should start to be deployed next week, is an antibody test. By all accounts it will take some time to ramp up capacity so, initially, its use will be restricted to front line workers. The plan seems to be to offer it to the general public after some time.

(Eventual) availability to the public would seem to be backed up by the notice on Amazon's web page saying they have agreed to be a partner in the delivery of such.

Various government figures have called it a "game changer" and I hope they are right.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well for civil servants who were put on "leave" we are 12 days into 12 weeks....

i wouldn't be suprised in least if we were looking at mid-late june at the earliest....

If the lock down is too long they will find more and more people ignoring it could be civil unrest. Also the cost to the country would be devastating

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Then the cure is worse than the disease...."

and if you are getting your talking points from trump...

a) that explains a lot

b) you really shouldn't be someone who is listened to.....

"I believe the available test just determines infected or not. It doesn’t look for post infection anti bodies.

I’d like to be wrong on that so if anyone knows please post.

The new test, which should start to be deployed next week, is an antibody test. By all accounts it will take some time to ramp up capacity so, initially, its use will be restricted to front line workers. The plan seems to be to offer it to the general public after some time.

(Eventual) availability to the public would seem to be backed up by the notice on Amazon's web page saying they have agreed to be a partner in the delivery of such.

Various government figures have called it a "game changer" and I hope they are right."

They won't let Joe public have it... Think about it millions of people saying I can go out I've had it, and millions still locked in their home it will never work.

well for civil servants who were put on "leave" we are 12 days into 12 weeks....

i wouldn't be suprised in least if we were looking at mid-late june at the earliest...."

Late June that's us fucked then, USA and CHINA will be back into full production by then. Be like 1945 all over again and be in hock to the superpowers, well do Britain running scared and following the rules good show old boys.

Bolton

"If the lock down is too long they will find more and more people ignoring it could be civil unrest. Also the cost to the country would be devastating "

Yes, this is true.....

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Too many people are doing what they like just now that’s the problem that’s why it’s going to last so long for the ones that are

Bolton

Then the cure is worse than the disease....

and if you are getting your talking points from trump...

a) that explains a lot

b) you really shouldn't be someone who is listened to....."

No I am not in touch with Chump....

Not advocating anyone should listen to me. People will decide for themselves.

However I am entitled to an opinion.

"Too many people are doing what they like just now that’s the problem that’s why it’s going to last so long for the ones that are "
who is not seen that we are all being good for now, how long that will last is anyone's guess.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

13 weeks in order to get the country in the best possible position to get over this and avoid a secondary bounce (morons seem to be unable to grasp this concept)

Do it standing on me head.

Bolton

"Too many people are doing what they like just now that’s the problem that’s why it’s going to last so long for the ones that are "

I reckon people are doing really well.

How about congratulating them: I do. The question is will they be able to keep it up for such an extended period....

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The vast majority are adhering to the restrictions closely enough, there are obviously a minority who are not as was to be expected of such a drastic change with little or no warning.

The pictures we see in the media do not paint a representative picture of society as a whole and many of them could be interpretated in different ways.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Well said . I’m afraid a lot of people just don’t get it . They just don’t care and if anything are doing things on purpose ie having barbecues on a freezing cold March day!

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Expect us to be in this for the long haul. Coming out too soo may result in a 2nd peak and the total collapse of the NHS ability to cope.

Hubby is classed as high risk as he's a cancer patient so is on 3 month lockdown already

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

We've already had nearly 20,000 confirmed positive tests for covid. Plus thousands of people in home isolation after having had the virus. That's in the first week of this lock down.

In 6 months that number will be huge so I simply can't see BoJo keeping everyone locked down for another 6 months.

By *tokeLad21Man  over a year ago

Newcastle under lyme

So bored from being in isolation I’ve got 2 jobs, both key roles apparently, 7 shifts a week. Hate it but I can’t sit in my house 24/7 I was going insane

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I've had it, I've done my self-isolation period but I still staying in as that's what we've been told to do! I'm a single girl who moved back in with my parents so I am feeling incredibly horny and frustrated - I'm just wishing people can be sensible and this is over soon so I can go back to fucking

"

I’m not a sheep and I don’t think the government has an agenda. "

This

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

So you tested positive?

"

I’m not a sheep and I don’t think the government has an agenda.

This"

You say third world countries taking it serious pictures of thousands in India all crammed together that will be the next place for the virus to explode

By *ndy64hMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Surely if after 3 weeks of self isolation (as long as you have observed it), if you and others haven't contracted the disease, you should be able to meet.

Also after these 3 weeks they should be able to identify hot spots in the country where it's prevalent, and loosen restrictions on other areas.

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

The other ting is that we have only conducted around 127,500 people. If you look at sat Germany , Italy and S Korea they have all tested around 3-4 times as many of their population.

It is almost certain if we had conducted say same numbers of tests as Germany we would have around 40-50,000 confirmed cases. I think our lack of testing by their standards is leading us to have a deflated figure.

I know 2 weeks ago the PM was saying he wanted us to be testing 10,000 per day and quickly proceed to 25,000 tests per day, but a fortnight later and we are still only testing around 7,500 per day. Let's hope this changes dramatically.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Surely if after 3 weeks of self isolation (as long as you have observed it), if you and others haven't contracted the disease, you should be able to meet.

Also after these 3 weeks they should be able to identify hot spots in the country where it's prevalent, and loosen restrictions on other areas."

'Should be able to meet'. Thinking with your cock obviously.

» Add a new message to this topic