FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mental health in lockdown

Mental health in lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How’s everyone coping mentally with the current situation, are you finding hard or easy and what strategies are you using to get through the days and the weeks ahead ?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Purton

Good and bad. My moods are definitely a roller coaster. Trying to spend time not over thinking and been watching a lot of light entertainment.

OP I hope you are doing well.

"Good and bad. My moods are definitely a roller coaster. Trying to spend time not over thinking and been watching a lot of light entertainment.

OP I hope you are doing well."

Thank you

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

This is going to be come a massive problem if the lockdown lasts for 2 or 3 months as some people are suggesting. Social media is going to be a life saver for some but unfortunately it is also a curse with the trolling etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So happy to still have to go to work, my wife is starting is missing going out etc. Social media, facetime is very good. If you feel isolated reach out to people though, even on here etc. Stay safe x

Tbh I’m not doing too bad, but am very worried the longer it goes on. I came off of medication in September after being on them for 9 years. Everything was going so well but fear this is going to contribute to my anxiety returning tenfold. Hope you are ok OP xx

Really struggling at the moment, single mum of 2 very active boys, who are really missing playing out. We have exhausted all kinds of activities already, really hoping that this current crisis doesn't last too long.

I've opened the door to anyone who wishes to message me here or on Kik if they need someone to talk too.

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

"Good and bad. My moods are definitely a roller coaster. Trying to spend time not over thinking and been watching a lot of light entertainment.

OP I hope you are doing well."

I'm the same

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Trying not to overthink, trying to keep busy, trying not to get too anxious and panic. My friends are my lifeline but sometimes I get to the place where I will shut everyone away from me x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Ok here thanks, quite resilient in general to most things in life.

Routine and making the most of things, seeing the opportunities to do things that wouldn’t normally get done like getting my daughter driving more and sorting the garage out. Also playing more guitar and cooking more. It’s only temporary.

It's difficult. I find self care in meditation, if things get too much I throw my headphones in and find inner peace. It's very seldom I have to deal with the voice from within. However, it takes time and practice.. Works for me

This is a very trying time with a mix of emotions, my daughter is not coping well with the isolation and at times it's scary. Personally I am trying to do things, such as yoga, that I normally wouldn't have the time for. In the hope it encourages my daughter to follow suit.

The difference the weather makes is quite remarkable.

Beautiful sunshine earlier this week, laid out on blankets in the garden, thinking this isn’t going to be so bad.

Fast forward to today and it’s

Tried a bit of gardening but it was bitterly cold so it’s been a sit in and do fuck all kinda day

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Purton

OP I hope you are doing well.

I'm the same "

Cherry bakewell message me if you need or want to chat.

"This is a very trying time with a mix of emotions, my daughter is not coping well with the isolation and at times it's scary. Personally I am trying to do things, such as yoga, that I normally wouldn't have the time for. In the hope it encourages my daughter to follow suit. "
you make a good point about having children and having to allay their fears and worries and also occupy their time. I've got two boys who are with their mum at present. I'm a key worker, so we both decided that I would video call till this is all over

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Spent most of the week in the garden..

Too cold today, but 280 strawberry plants and rhubarb planted and ready to roll.

Anyine for apple n rhubarb crumble with ice cream?

I feel a lot of us are going to be convinced into thinking our mental health is going to be really bad.

If enough people tell you you're going to be unable to cope then that belief starts to grow.

We've been asked to stay indoors, yes the virus threat is there yes but let's not give up before we begin. Distract ourselves from negative social media, scare tactics and from overthinking, try to keep perspective for the time being, focus on positive statistics, many many more are getting over this virus than are dying from it. Live in the present, the moment. Practice mindfulness.

We can do this!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Busy with work a lot of the time. Have had two days off where I have thrown myself into DIY.

Have painted my living room and now making a pallet feature shelving wall for the pantry.

Back to work tomorrow.

Keeping busy has helped a lot. I’m not one to sit around.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

I agree.. many are getting better but thats not'news'.

I read an 103 year old in Italy is making fine recovery, then a 90 odd year old the same, then there are those that wont even know they have it.

We just got to go forward..

What's strange is when a species faces threat, the urge to reproduce becomes strong.. not great for a lockdowm!!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"This is going to be come a massive problem if the lockdown lasts for 2 or 3 months as some people are suggesting. Social media is going to be a life saver for some but unfortunately it is also a curse with the trolling etc."

Try the rest of the year.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Honestly if I was stuck in.. I would be really really struggling..luckily I had already been helping out with stopping stuff off and helping people..and now been accepted for the nhs responders service.. without that... I would be struggling.

Ive got a huge family issue going on and the inability to just jump in my car and go to help sort it out and when I'm having a bad day my go to sort it out and calm myself has been for many many years to go for a blast down some nice roads... music on.. windows down or roof off ....find somewhere nice to sit as remote as I can find. This is now obviously not an option... and I'm finding that hard

Ah it’s been moved here. This was more a thread on mental health and not the corona though!

"This is a very trying time with a mix of emotions, my daughter is not coping well with the isolation and at times it's scary. Personally I am trying to do things, such as yoga, that I normally wouldn't have the time for. In the hope it encourages my daughter to follow suit. you make a good point about having children and having to allay their fears and worries and also occupy their time. I've got two boys who are with their mum at present. I'm a key worker, so we both decided that I would video call till this is all over "

I have a very trying teenager. Stroppy and has her own opinions as long as there the opposite of mine lol. Praise to you for doing a good job, I applaud you. Keep safe. X

I had a real wobble this morning. Out of nowhere I began to cry so I started to sing which calmed me down. My neighbour must be sick of Ave Maria by now lol good job I can sing in tune. A breathing technique I learnt at Yoga also helps. Breathe in through the nose for a count of 4 and breathe out through the nose for a count of 4. I find it calms everything down and settles the anxiety.

By *revor1940Man  over a year ago

west of Haverfordwest

I thought that, as I am alone, it would not be too bad. Some I know go to the shops but I am OK for another 2 weeks. Prefer to be isolated. Catching it gives me a 19% chance of dying to put it bluntly. It is pretty lonely and miserable though.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm going to be fine, I'm in contact with friends and family etc and if I think that any of their mental health is suffering I wouldn't hesitate to break lockdown to visit them.

As said before lockdown is not a sustainable long term option and I felt that if progress is made after a few weeks the restrictions should be loosened somewhat.

Happy to chat to.anyone on kik, cant do.much but just nice to.have a chinwag sometimes if youre having a bad day x. Mess me and ill give you my addy. Jim

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I'm copng but got kids here and people i can chat to, really worried about my sister as she has mental health problems worse than mine and is self isolating with nobody.

By *WillowxWoman  over a year ago

Oo err Devon

At the moment coping... Its been hard as I've had to move out as live with high risk parents.. had to move in with my ex in my old house so we could both look after the young kiddo.. Not easy but doable for a few weeks.. But if its going to be longer... I'm not sure how I'll cope.. I'm already anxious about that!! I'm away from my partner and my family... Living with someone that I would much rather not... So mental health is certainly under strain..

I have been mad all my life the rest of the world is now catching up.

Ive been home alone for 12 days now as my youngest has moved in with their Dad as I have health problems. Its looks like I could be here for 3 months.

Speaking to family and friends everyday which is a great help. I am decorating and hoping I dont run out of paint as I cant get dulux white matt emuslion delivered for love nor money lol.

Also baking for family delivery men and the postman. Going to do some for GPs tomorrow . I dont care if they dont eat them just helping me keep busy and feel a little useful.

At the end of the day it is what it is and we need to listen to the advice given and do the best that we can at this really difficult time xx

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"This is going to be come a massive problem if the lockdown lasts for 2 or 3 months as some people are suggesting. Social media is going to be a life saver for some but unfortunately it is also a curse with the trolling etc.

Try the rest of the year."

I totally get that, it's just getting out and about keeps many people busy and keeping their mind on their work, shopping, exercising or whatever is a great distraction.

As someone else on here said, "We have got this.", with friends, relatives and our filth fab friends we can help each other through this, whether it's swapping fantasies, jokes or recipes there is always a friend or just muppets like me online to chat with...

» Add a new message to this topic