FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Newspapers and Social Media to Avoid During Lockdown . . .

Newspapers and Social Media to Avoid During Lockdown . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

All of them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I don't think any need to be avoided but don't take any of them at face value. Take certain things with a pinch of salt and apply critical and independent thought and analysis to each article.

Having said that I don't think the tabloid sensationalism is helping at this time.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I read something the other day from a Chinese woman on how to survive the lockdown. The first thing she said was to avoid most of the media coverage.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

The red tops have never shown responsible behaviour what ever they report .. it’s all about sales and never let the truth and the facts get in the way of selling one more paper ....

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Social media such as Facebook and Instagram are my way of keeping in touch with my friends. I personally feel social media is a benefit to us right now.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"All of them."
I've turned off my news app.. my fb notifications etc

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"All of them."

god no!!

I am a twitter fiend!... but its taking all the info with a pinch of salt....

By *annyT1966Man  over a year ago

Derwentside

"Social media such as Facebook and Instagram are my way of keeping in touch with my friends. I personally feel social media is a benefit to us right now."

They are good for keeping in touch although unfortunately some people consider their content to be reliable news content.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

We're battling two diseases

Coronavirus and the media

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"The red tops have never shown responsible behaviour what ever they report .. it’s all about sales and never let the truth and the facts get in the way of selling one more paper .... "

Journalism 101: Good news and people obeying the rules never sold newspapers.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"All of them."

So what are we all doing logged on here ?

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Avoid none..but only believe half of what you read..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As I've said before I'm working in the centre of this, avousobg all news sources, left all political groups on Facebook, muted some friends, listening to the daily briefings we get at work that I need to know and that's it.

I know how bad this shit is, I don't need doom and gloom and negativity at every corner

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Reading about some clown in a forum discussing the virus some one challenged a statement he put up, his reply was

It must be true it was in the Sun

By *eatherstclareTV/TS  over a year ago

Frome

I remember during the Falklands conflict (yeah, I'm old, get over it!) a soldier out there said in a message to his family to ignore the papers but believe the news broadcasts. I do have some issues with the BBC but to be honest, at times of crisis, they are the only one I trust.

"I remember during the Falklands conflict (yeah, I'm old, get over it!) a soldier out there said in a message to his family to ignore the papers but believe the news broadcasts. I do have some issues with the BBC but to be honest, at times of crisis, they are the only one I trust."
Yes trust them all but remember the bullshit about Brexit and the end of everything if we left. So maybe sometimes they are not to be trusted.

"I remember during the Falklands conflict (yeah, I'm old, get over it!) a soldier out there said in a message to his family to ignore the papers but believe the news broadcasts. I do have some issues with the BBC but to be honest, at times of crisis, they are the only one I trust."

I like the discussions with the experts (especially when they confirm my beliefs, hehe).

By *eatherstclareTV/TS  over a year ago

Frome

I don't count Brexit as a crisis!

» Add a new message to this topic