FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Support for care homes

Support for care homes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a freelance care home Chef I have never been so busy and at the same point so worried. I’m working 6 days a week and having to turn work down. Whilst money, people and resources are being ploughed rightly so in to the NHS care homes are being largely over looked. They are having to be run with dangerous low numbers of staff due to self isolation, supermarket and wholesalers restitution are leaving them with hardly any food and in a lot of cases their medical backup has been removed and reallocated. So just a thought next time you are doing your weekly shop why not drop a few item off at your local care home, maybe give them a call and see if they need any help or even just a box of chocolate or a bunch of flowers left on the door step to show they are appreciated would be great.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"As a freelance care home Chef I have never been so busy and at the same point so worried. I’m working 6 days a week and having to turn work down. Whilst money, people and resources are being ploughed rightly so in to the NHS care homes are being largely over looked. They are having to be run with dangerous low numbers of staff due to self isolation, supermarket and wholesalers restitution are leaving them with hardly any food and in a lot of cases their medical backup has been removed and reallocated. So just a thought next time you are doing your weekly shop why not drop a few item off at your local care home, maybe give them a call and see if they need any help or even just a box of chocolate or a bunch of flowers left on the door step to show they are appreciated would be great."
that is such a good idea. X my grandkids are doing pictures to send to the people at a local home

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I have been a bit concerned about care homes, the staff and the residents.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Great idea OP!

» Add a new message to this topic