FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Can we all just stop with the hating...

Can we all just stop with the hating...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...And knee jerk reactions please?

I've hardly been on these forums for a few days now, as work has dried up ages ago and the task of looking after my daughter and trying to box off various financial avenues is fairly time-consuming by themselves. Not to mention keeping an eye in detail on the news regarding this horrific virus.

I came on here yesterday morning however to find that P had been basically subjected to a tirade of calling her morals into question and furthermore implying that she didn't give a toss about infecting others or being infected herself during this crisis.

Her crime? She and the three people she is in lockdown with decided to have a party of sorts, crack drinks open and get dressed up for the evening. In the house they have been in together for over a week now and will be in until lockdown ends at the very earliest. No other guests invited, they didn't go anywhere or encounter anyone else.

For one this insinuation is total bollocks. I understand that the poster in question knows a nurse on the front line so has an idea how horrifying it is getting in our hospitals right now. I understand emotions are running high (mine too) at times right now. I know a few thus engaged in the NHS myself and furthermore to this I lost my own father to pneumonia 2 months ago. In a way I tell myself if that didn't do for him this almost certainly would have as he laid in his hospital bed, so perhaps in a way it is merciful that he went when he did, in his sleep and without news of the current horrors of the world reaching him.

But now my own thoughts turn to my mother. 73 in June and she's struggled with asthma for most of her life. If she gets this she is probably screwed, no two ways about it and I'll be damned if I'm losing two parents in two months. So whilst this isn't a game of Corona TopTrumps as I can't think of much more blase and repugnant, for anyone who thinks we're not taking this sodding virus seriously including the poster the other day, you need to give your head a serious wobble.

B

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Well said.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There is no need for this post, I am sure P can speak for herself if someone calls her out on something

If a thread needs looking at, report so an Admin can look at it