FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Energy companys/mortgage

Energy companys/mortgage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iverpool Lover OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

If as is predicted about a possible 6 months of lock down.

If you are self empolyed and being told that you may not get any goverment help financially till june and have no savings (or very little to get you through a few weeks).

Will mortgage repayments be postponed?

Will gas and elecrtric company's put monthly payments on hold?

If someone whos buisness or job is no longer there and has a home with these overheads.

Will they have tbeir power turned off it they cant afford to pay bills.

Will they get ketters from bank saying your behind on mortgage payments and if months pass eventually letters of repossession?.

Surely thats got to be one of the next steps?

Postponing all monthly enerygy bills?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Aren't 3 month mortgage "holidays" already in place? I dunno about energy companies though.

As many worries as I have at the moment between going to work on a covid ward and the boredom of "lockdown" when I'm not at work, I'm just glad I still get paid in full so don't have the financial worries on top of everything else. In fact, financially the virus is being kind to me between the interest rates being low meaning lower mortgage payment, what I save going to pub 3 or 4 times a week, my golf subs being suspended and sky sports subs can be suspended too tho I just realised yesterday you have to contact them, they don't suspend them automatically.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I think that most Companies have online Web-help.

Just try and speak to them.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I think that most Companies have online Web-help.

Just try and speak to them. "

Yes they do, people can get in touch with mortgage lenders, utility companies

etc

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Electricity and gas seem to be the elephants in the room. Mortgages, credit cards, bank overdrafts, etc have had coverage; but gas and leccy? Not so much. Unless I totally missed it.

I wonder, if you can't pay your utilities bill, would it be considered essential work to send an engineer to cut off your supply?

Hopefully not.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

My Mortgage company offered me a break early on in the crisis. So did my insurance company. Luckily I’m a key worker so didn’t need it.

My phone company however contact me a couple of weeks into the crisis to put my bill up! I can imagine how that would go down to people out of work! Great timing Vodafone wankers.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Our telephone landline is with sky, they have given us free calls to landlines, for April, so that we can keep in touch with friends and family.

Scotland

"My Mortgage company offered me a break early on in the crisis. So did my insurance company. Luckily I’m a key worker so didn’t need it.

My phone company however contact me a couple of weeks into the crisis to put my bill up! I can imagine how that would go down to people out of work! Great timing Vodafone wankers. "

Vodafone didn't put your bill up. The government did. The 2.5% rise is rpi. They have no choice but to raise it. Not just Vodafone

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My Mortgage company offered me a break early on in the crisis. So did my insurance company. Luckily I’m a key worker so didn’t need it.

My phone company however contact me a couple of weeks into the crisis to put my bill up! I can imagine how that would go down to people out of work! Great timing Vodafone wankers.

Vodafone didn't put your bill up. The government did. The 2.5% rise is rpi. They have no choice but to raise it. Not just Vodafone"

yep, our provider put our up too.

North Bucks

Vodafone didn't put your bill up. The government did. The 2.5% rise is rpi. They have no choice but to raise it. Not just Vodafone"

They are still massive wankers.

Scotland

Vodafone didn't put your bill up. The government did. The 2.5% rise is rpi. They have no choice but to raise it. Not just Vodafone

They are still massive wankers. "

Oh I know. Have you ever had to deal with Tobi, the helpful digital assistant? Tobi is well named. Just let me talk to a fucking human

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

My Gas and Electric supplier is putting up my costs as of April.

However, as I work away from home, living in job linked accommodation, my utility usage is Zero, till I'm next back home.

In terms of lockdown, trips home aren't going to be occurring soon.

North Bucks

They are still massive wankers.

Oh I know. Have you ever had to deal with Tobi, the helpful digital assistant? Tobi is well named. Just let me talk to a fucking human"

When they sent my new phone to my old address It took me speaking to call centres in 4 different countries to put right. Finally a nice chap in Mumbai sorted it for me.

I’m trapped with them at the moment.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Haven't read all the other comments, but this is the wrong place to ask! Ask your utility providers lol

Most mortgage providers are offering mortgage breaks as recommended by the government.

I would say that most utility providers will either give you a break or reduce your monthly payments to a very low level for now, until you are back in work or get government support in June.

You will be on hold for a long time, but it's worth it as most companies are being VERY helpful in this situation

Good luck x

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I got into debt with my energy company a few years ago.

All they did was put me on a prepay meter (so the debt didn't get any worse) and took about £5 a week off of it to repay the debt.

» Add a new message to this topic