FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Social distancing

Social distancing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parklesue OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Middleton

How long does everybody think that we will be social distancing for personally I think it will be at least six months xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Not sure exactly but finding it really hard to distance in my working enviroment

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

3 months tops, reckon cafes and pubs back open by then too.

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

"3 months tops, reckon cafes and pubs back open by then too."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who knows ... just roll with it?

Masked and Distant

"Who knows ... just roll with it? "

Hang on tight for the ride might be a little rough

By *riple SCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"How long does everybody think that we will be social distancing for personally I think it will be at least six months xx"

It depends what you mean by 'everybody' and 'social distancing'...

I believe there are four main groups of people.

1. There are some people who still aren't practicing social distancing now.

2. Most of the public are because of their own common sense.

3. A significant number are purely adhering to the law or social compliance.

4. A small percentage are confused and scared, so don't want to go out.

Out of these four groups.

1. Will only pretend to maintain social distancing for public perception, Jack Grealish for example.

2. Common sense dwindles with time and frustration, these people will start to 'chance it' when seeing those in group one out more.

3. If they are only maintaining social distancing because of the law, they are unlikely to continue if others aren't.

4. These people will probably still be self isolating somewhere in to 2021.

I expect any long term lockdown will result in large scale disorder, which will have a domino effect similar to the 2011 riots.

Masked and Distant

Also dont think the restriction will be allowed to last too long, or there will be no "society" to come back to, all areas of economy going bust.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Saltaire

Or maybe when the general population sees death happening in the same way as spain and italy, when they become aware it's not just a thing happening on the telly that involves other countries, keeping personal distance will become a permanent part of social etiquette?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Or maybe when the general population sees death happening in the same way as spain and italy, when they become aware it's not just a thing happening on the telly that involves other countries, keeping personal distance will become a permanent part of social etiquette?"

True and hope so, its what stops me mixing with the rif raf in places like weatherspoons..

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

"How long does everybody think that we will be social distancing for personally I think it will be at least six months xx

It depends what you mean by 'everybody' and 'social distancing'...

I believe there are four main groups of people.

1. There are some people who still aren't practicing social distancing now.

2. Most of the public are because of their own common sense.

3. A significant number are purely adhering to the law or social compliance.

4. A small percentage are confused and scared, so don't want to go out.

Out of these four groups.

1. Will only pretend to maintain social distancing for public perception, Jack Grealish for example.

2. Common sense dwindles with time and frustration, these people will start to 'chance it' when seeing those in group one out more.

3. If they are only maintaining social distancing because of the law, they are unlikely to continue if others aren't.

4. These people will probably still be self isolating somewhere in to 2021.

I expect any long term lockdown will result in large scale disorder, which will have a domino effect similar to the 2011 riots."

Group 5. Those who have had CV19 and are now immune, and have been tested so they know.

I think it will last quite a long time, for the at risk community even longer. If they are going to try and regulate the restrictions by turning them off and on to maintain a manageable throughput in the hospitals then it could well last until Christmas. It will also depend on any vaccine that becomes available and the ability to test for antibodies for the at risk people, I'm assuming social distancing will still be in place to protect them until they are deemed to be safe otherwise they will be still at risk

Quick question if you already had covid can you get it again

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Quick question if you already had covid can you get it again"

Have listened to some of the scientists, do not seem to have a definitive answer...

By *riple SCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

I believe there has been re-infections in China and Italy.

By *indfeedfuckCouple  over a year ago

Harlow

There is a difference between relapsing when not fully recovered, and reinfection. The current state of medical understanding is that reinfection with CV-19 is unlikely but, science being science, no one can say that with 100% certainty as yet.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

from what I've read a small number of people have had reinfections... although they believe it's a case of catching the milder form of the virus.. then the more aggressive one..

In labs they are unable to get infected animals to be reinfected..

But it depends where you read. I've stuck to medical reports

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I think its possibly a weaker strain but dont quote me.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Social distancing ( not to be confused with restrictions such as lockdown which will in all likely hood come and go ) will be in place for as long as it takes to 'beat' the virus. That will take a minimum 18 months by all accounts before a vaccine is found and that, according to the scientists, is a big 'if'. Anyone who thinks things will be back to 'normal' in 2-3 months is, I'm afraid to say either living on another planet or totally deluded

liverpool

"Social distancing ( not to be confused with restrictions such as lockdown which will in all likely hood come and go ) will be in place for as long as it takes to 'beat' the virus. That will take a minimum 18 months by all accounts before a vaccine is found and that, according to the scientists, is a big 'if'. Anyone who thinks things will be back to 'normal' in 2-3 months is, I'm afraid to say either living on another planet or totally deluded"

Yep it's going to be a long time before things get back to proper normality

I think a long term lockdown as such will be very bad, already domestic violence and deaths from that are on the increase, home isnt a safe place to be for everyone. Peoples mental health will be suffering greatly. I dont know its a shit show all round really.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Hospital isn't a great place to be either - that's not a choice! 9000 in hospital - half in intensive care where 50% die. We all have a choice where and who to live with . C/V doesn't make any choices ! No one is ok doing this but if we prevent 2500000 deaths by doing it that's what we will do and for a very long time . I'm more worried about our brave NHS frontline staff battling to save lives than anyone's domestics!

"Hospital isn't a great place to be either - that's not a choice! 9000 in hospital - half in intensive care where 50% die. We all have a choice where and who to live with . C/V doesn't make any choices ! No one is ok doing this but if we prevent 2500000 deaths by doing it that's what we will do and for a very long time . I'm more worried about our brave NHS frontline staff battling to save lives than anyone's domestics! "

Really! Im sure all the brutally murdered wives might think differently.

I don’t care... the commute to work’s a fecking dream.

By *parklesue OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Middleton

So is therefore the consensus of opinion that social distancing is here to stay for a while and thence the chances of clubs reopening within the next 6 months basically nil

liverpool

"So is therefore the consensus of opinion that social distancing is here to stay for a while and thence the chances of clubs reopening within the next 6 months basically nil "

No one really knows do they?

Someone said to me The other day this could change our lives forever.Sounds a bit dramatic but it's so unprecedented.

This must have been like what in ww2 when we just didnt know what the future holds.mad.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"So is therefore the consensus of opinion that social distancing is here to stay for a while and thence the chances of clubs reopening within the next 6 months basically nil "
which is a depressing thought.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I can see the Christmas turkey on the table before we are back to normal.

» Add a new message to this topic