FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Testing

Testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eeBee67 OP   Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

127,000 tests 22,000 positive. That's 83% of tests being negative.

Thought only people being tested were hospital admissions (and the high and mighty)?

What symptoms are the negative result patients showing?

Are there 83% of people self isolating at home doing so for no reason.

Not advocating a reduction in testing or that everyone stop self isolating, just wondering.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

NHS and front line staff will be free

others will have the option and pay for the privilege of being tested.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

22000 is still quite a lot, especially given the rate at which the virus is passed on

Masked and Distant

"NHS and front line staff will be free

others will have the option and pay for the privilege of being tested. "

Ok, but I was wondering about the testing so far, not in the future.

Masked and Distant

"22000 is still quite a lot, especially given the rate at which the virus is passed on "

Agree, 22,000 is a high number but only 1 in 4 of the tests are positive, why so many negative tests?

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"22000 is still quite a lot, especially given the rate at which the virus is passed on "

I do t think the OP was saying that isn't a lot but that over 100,000 were negative. I'm guessing many are NHS staff that have been tested (and retested?).

Ipswich

Ok, but I was wondering about the testing so far, not in the future."

I'm probably missing the question then. What were you wondering about the testing so far?

Masked and Distant

"22000 is still quite a lot, especially given the rate at which the virus is passed on

I do t think the OP was saying that isn't a lot but that over 100,000 were negative. I'm guessing many are NHS staff that have been tested (and retested?)."

NHS testing only just started around 1000 so far?

Masked and Distant

I'm probably missing the question then. What were you wondering about the testing so far?"

Why so many negative tests, when tests are only being carried out on people displaying Covid19 symptoms.

I work in a hospital on a surgical ward away from the front line, however someone had the virus on the ward.

We were told that due to the 7 day incubation period testing needs to be done every day for 7 days as you may not have it until the last day. This pushes up the amount of tests done and negative results

Ipswich

I'm probably missing the question then. What were you wondering about the testing so far?

Why so many negative tests, when tests are only being carried out on people displaying Covid19 symptoms."

Testing has been rolled out to NHS staff regardless if they're displaying symptoms

Masked and Distant

"I work in a hospital on a surgical ward away from the front line, however someone had the virus on the ward.

We were told that due to the 7 day incubation period testing needs to be done every day for 7 days as you may not have it until the last day. This pushes up the amount of tests done and negative results "

Thanks for the inside info.

So the figures for the amount of testing completed could be taken as a little misleading and not of much use as an indicator of anything.

Stay safe out there.

Masked and Distant

Why so many negative tests, when tests are only being carried out on people displaying Covid19 symptoms.

Testing has been rolled out to NHS staff regardless if they're displaying symptoms "

Yep I know that, but that is only really in the last couple of days. Think the answer may have been provided by the poster before you.

Ipswich

"I work in a hospital on a surgical ward away from the front line, however someone had the virus on the ward.

We were told that due to the 7 day incubation period testing needs to be done every day for 7 days as you may not have it until the last day. This pushes up the amount of tests done and negative results "

I actually wondered about this as surely the results would only be valid on that particular day

In other words you could just as easily become infected the day after you were tested

Ipswich

Testing has been rolled out to NHS staff regardless if they're displaying symptoms

Yep I know that, but that is only really in the last couple of days. Think the answer may have been provided by the poster before you. "

Ah yes just seen that

We were told that due to the 7 day incubation period testing needs to be done every day for 7 days as you may not have it until the last day. This pushes up the amount of tests done and negative results

Thanks for the inside info.

So the figures for the amount of testing completed could be taken as a little misleading and not of much use as an indicator of anything.

Stay safe out there."

I can’t speak about the testing of the wider populous only how they are dealing with it where I work, each trust may do it differently.

The problem with any statistic from anyone is that you can make it work in your favour or against someone else.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Because they are testing people who have isolated and coming back to work to see if they are c19 free so they can work.

If you have had it or suspected and they test and it's negative then theoretically you can work.

However as it doesn't test to see if you have had it ,it's kinda pointless because you can test negative walk past the next person you see and get infected then crack on working until you present symptoms during this time how many have you infected ?

By *ilverstriderMan  over a year ago

narberth

They are starting to test NHS workers. The problem has been people self isolating, thinking they might have it when all it is, is a cold and yes some are isolating because they are scared, ( aren't we all), sorry if this is offensive but any key worker that hasn't got it should be forced to work. I've gone from 4 days to 7 days with 3 double shifts 7am Til 10pm. Juat to try and get food to as many people as we can. If everyone cried off because they were scared of catching it the country would be screwed

By *azmar62Couple  over a year ago

Hinckley

The top 1% will be tested! The nhs will be second, the police third, the armed forces fourth, then it’ll be the rest of us low life’s, there’s never going to be fairness in our society? So those who have it, we feel for you and hope you recover! Those who have unfortunately died from this, our sympathy’s go out to the ones who have to pick up the pieces.

Yes we’ve got it and have been told to stay at home, although it’s mild, it still scares the living shit out of us, we’ve not be able to feel fresh air or feel the sun for seven days, so be grateful that most of you can still move around, not in total lockdown like us.

Ipswich

"The top 1% will be tested! The nhs will be second, the police third, the armed forces fourth, then it’ll be the rest of us low life’s, there’s never going to be fairness in our society? So those who have it, we feel for you and hope you recover! Those who have unfortunately died from this, our sympathy’s go out to the ones who have to pick up the pieces.

Yes we’ve got it and have been told to stay at home, although it’s mild, it still scares the living shit out of us, we’ve not be able to feel fresh air or feel the sun for seven days, so be grateful that most of you can still move around, not in total lockdown like us. "

It's not about fairness, it's about ensuring that the people we will need the most are safe to carry on doing their job

» Add a new message to this topic