FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > The good parts of covid 19

The good parts of covid 19

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We all know the very sad milestone of 20'000 deaths and the impact it is having on everybody's lives and jobs and how very sad it is. Let's take a second to think of some positives that are coming out of it. Sometimes this can help people in a sad place

For me the neighbour spirit is back post war days and the less traffic pollution must be positive!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People who usually look down at people in low paid jobs are now realising how vital most of these roles are rather than thinking of them as a lower class

100% the people that we need are the low paying jobs and not the big fat cats! Let's hope they are rewarded

Yes definitely. Apart from senior doctors and people in management roles people now seem to be realising how drastically underpaid all the other people classed as essential workers are.

It's just a shame it's taken a global pandemic for these people to be truely appreciated for what they do.

It needs to change.

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We 100% agree about the neighbours bit which for our street started with the Thursday night clapping, pretty much every household is out now and everyone is shouting greetings and waving at each other across and up and down the street.

Also simple acts of kindness are seeming the norm at the moment, we have a few elderly households in our street and so many are actively making sure that they are ok also little things like offering to do the shopping for them.

It's just a shame it's taken something like this to bring communities together.

By *oger_MooreMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Agree 100%

In a world of social media and the internet I think it's fair to say not many people know who live in their street any more let alone by name! This has brought a togetherness which I hope will last for generations

"People who usually look down at people in low paid jobs are now realising how vital most of these roles are rather than thinking of them as a lower class "

Absolutely agree

I've realised how good friends check up on each other. Family too. Those who don't, meh.

Also realised how much the media can't be trusted. Even the BBC spin stories and concentrate on the bad stuff.

Be safe and stay healthy, everyone

Hopefully most people will realise what an inept government we have and can hang there heads in shame for voting them in.... Viva la revolution

"Hopefully most people will realise what an inept government we have and can hang there heads in shame for voting them in.... Viva la revolution "

Don't be silly. As long as they bang saucepans on their doorsteps every Thursday at 8pm then their consciences must be clear ay?

By *tu griffMan  over a year ago

bridgend

"Hopefully most people will realise what an inept government we have and can hang there heads in shame for voting them in.... Viva la revolution "

Are you seriously trying to say we would have been better off with Corbyn and co? ??

"Hopefully most people will realise what an inept government we have and can hang there heads in shame for voting them in.... Viva la revolution

Don't be silly. As long as they bang saucepans on their doorsteps every Thursday at 8pm then their consciences must be clear ay? "

Hit the nail on the head there, but don't forget they do like to respond with "yeah but imagine it was Corbyn and Labour in charge it would be alot worse" that seems to make things ok again

see above answer... I rest my case

"Hopefully most people will realise what an inept government we have and can hang there heads in shame for voting them in.... Viva la revolution

Are you seriously trying to say we would have been better off with Corbyn and co? ??"

Is that the same Corbyn who shouted from the rooftops that the NHS needed serious funding and that nurses and staff needed a payrise.. I know one thing he wasn't one of the people who voted against a payrise for them and laughed at them when the tories voted against it and mocked them in the commons

By *opline7Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Why has this thread turned political!!,Surely we should be thinking about the poor families that have lost loved ones due to this dreadfull virus,forget the blame culture and look for any positives like neighbours chatting and helping each other out,banish all negative thoughts and keep smiling ...

Unfortunately this disease is coming to the political stage..

Ii know numerous people who work in the NHS and they all say the same thing. Funding isn't a problem

By *rick or treatCouple  over a year ago

land of the rising sun

"I've realised how good friends check up on each other. Family too. Those who don't, meh."

Just because they don't message or phone doesn't mean they don't care. Isolation can hit hard and drive people to mentally isolate. They might distract themselves from the shite with films, TV, diy etc.

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

On a positive I'm loving how people are looking out for their neighbours and each other. I kind of feel safe at work, I know what I'm dealing with. It's if I have to shop is when I get anxious. Some people just have no idea on social distancing. I'm also enjoying the beautiful weather and feel that with less pollution things are looking beautiful. Take care everyone and stay safe... remember, we isolate so that when we gather again no one is missing

I know who my friends are

Heroes come in all shapes, sizes & roles

My neighbours aren't half bad after all

I'm not quite as anti social as I thought

By *anter and baguetteCouple  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Don't be silly. As long as they bang saucepans on their doorsteps every Thursday at 8pm then their consciences must be clear ay? "

Its a joke butty. Absolute joke xx

By *issvvCouple  over a year ago

pontyclun

I lam loving I got my hubby a child home for so long giving us all chance to bond with our new baby. And that hubby can share the night feeds with no worry of him having to get up for work. Also love how everyone in the street are taking the time to talk to everyone even the kids. And love seeing all the pictures up in the windows. I also enjoy driving again with hardly any cars on the road. And the last bit I can think of now is being able to phone the doctors to get an appointment. Yes it’s a video call but it’s better than phoning for over an hour to then be told all appointments have gone.

"We all know the very sad milestone of 20'000 deaths and the impact it is having on everybody's lives and jobs and how very sad it is. Let's take a second to think of some positives that are coming out of it. Sometimes this can help people in a sad place

For me the neighbour spirit is back post war days and the less traffic pollution must be positive!

"

I’ve my kids loads more when not at work rotation

Saving loads of cash not traveling to work

Done all my diy projects

Started more diy projects

Loving homeschooling more than the kids

» Add a new message to this topic