FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > No More Local Lockdowns

No More Local Lockdowns

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its being reported that after the firebreak there will be no more local lockdowns and that any new rules will cover Wales as a whole.

So guess we just have to wait and see what the new rules will be

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ammo2k20Man  over a year ago

Newport

"Its being reported that after the firebreak there will be no more local lockdowns and that any new rules will cover Wales as a whole.

So guess we just have to wait and see what the new rules will be "

I really hope so i think ill drink a few more pints this time just incase they cancel xmas.

Heard on the grapevine that the 4 nations will be meeting to dicuss Christmas and all try to agree on a suitable plan

By *ammo2k20Man  over a year ago

Newport

"Heard on the grapevine that the 4 nations will be meeting to dicuss Christmas and all try to agree on a suitable plan "

Aslong as i can have a bit of turkey

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

"Its being reported that after the firebreak there will be no more local lockdowns and that any new rules will cover Wales as a whole.

I hope there no more lockdowns, i want our coffee meeting . I think a lot of people are getting fed up with the lockdown.

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

Be nice to meet up with friends and catch up...... not seen them since last December...

By *elshguy999Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

At least social meets may be possible.

By *iForNowXXMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I heard meets can resume but maybe restricted to a large courgette and two small mellons. ?? X

By *iForNowXXMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Be nice to meet up with friends and catch up...... not seen them since last December... "
Been even longer since we met. Hopefully have a good catch up at some point. ?? X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hate to break it to you all but when this 'firebreak' ends, Wales will be under a National strategy.

No more local lockdown yes. Instead, the entire nation will be under one set of rules irrespective to the local situation. So whilst Newport, Cardiff, Bridgend might be riddled with it and someplace like Tenby or Haverfordwest not, the entire country will be under the same rules as if it was killing half of everyone in your county. Expect to be told that no households can mix unless outdoors (let alone indoors) with social distancing and only 2 households at a time.

Expect very strong restrictions on the services sector, pubs etc closing early if they are allowed to open at all. Expect stringent discipline about what you can and cannot do.

Because, I am sorry, asking people to decide what they "should" do or not is failing.

Expect this to continue until the spring, or an effective vaccine is found before then.

I am seeing reports that China is once again losing it's grip on this, and if they can't get it under control with their systems of governance, we have little hope to maintain normal life and win the battle.

Europe is failing to handle it. The UK is failing to handle it. The US failed a long time ago. They all tried different ways to handle it.

Just look after yourself and the ones you care about. If we all did that, we all might get somewhere together

"Hate to break it to you all but when this 'firebreak' ends, Wales will be under a National strategy.

No more local lockdown yes. Instead, the entire nation will be under one set of rules irrespective to the local situation. So whilst Newport, Cardiff, Bridgend might be riddled with it and someplace like Tenby or Haverfordwest not, the entire country will be under the same rules as if it was killing half of everyone in your county. Expect to be told that no households can mix unless outdoors (let alone indoors) with social distancing and only 2 households at a time.

Expect very strong restrictions on the services sector, pubs etc closing early if they are allowed to open at all. Expect stringent discipline about what you can and cannot do.

Because, I am sorry, asking people to decide what they "should" do or not is failing.

Expect this to continue until the spring, or an effective vaccine is found before then.

I am seeing reports that China is once again losing it's grip on this, and if they can't get it under control with their systems of governance, we have little hope to maintain normal life and win the battle.

Europe is failing to handle it. The UK is failing to handle it. The US failed a long time ago. They all tried different ways to handle it.

Just look after yourself and the ones you care about. If we all did that, we all might get somewhere together "

Pubs WILL be allowed to open from the 9th

Drakeford confirmed in his press conference yesterday

Reducing indoor contact is going to be a thing but nothing to suggest it will be banned altogether.

Stop scaremongering and listen to what the First Minister actually says

"Hate to break it to you all but when this 'firebreak' ends, Wales will be under a National strategy.

Just look after yourself and the ones you care about. If we all did that, we all might get somewhere together "

Your a little ray of sunshine arent you

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 11:49:39]

So guess we just have to wait and see what the new rules will be I heard meets can resume but maybe restricted to a large courgette and two small mellons. ?? X"

Dave get yours eyes tested. They were baby pumpkins lol

"Be nice to meet up with friends and catch up...... not seen them since last December... "

We will sort something once we know what the new rules will be xx

I hope there no more lockdowns, i want our coffee meeting . I think a lot of people are getting fed up with the lockdown. "

As long as there is cake Ill be there xx

Just look after yourself and the ones you care about. If we all did that, we all might get somewhere together

Reducing indoor contact is going to be a thing but nothing to suggest it will be banned altogether.

Stop scaremongering and listen to what the First Minister actually says"

god she's good

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 12:05:58]

Stop scaremongering and listen to what the First Minister actually says"

First minister haha the guys a prick

my house

"Be nice to meet up with friends and catch up...... not seen them since last December... Been even longer since we met. Hopefully have a good catch up at some point. ?? X"
Hopefully bri. Xx

my house

"Be nice to meet up with friends and catch up...... not seen them since last December...

We will sort something once we know what the new rules will be xx"

Can't wait. Xxx

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

I hope there no more lockdowns, i want our coffee meeting . I think a lot of people are getting fed up with the lockdown.

As long as there is cake Ill be there xx"

If there's cake I'll be there too

my house

Hot fudge cake and icecream......pleaseeeee

First minister haha the guys a prick "

I doubt he gives a fuck what you think tbh

First minister haha the guys a prick

I doubt he gives a fuck what you think tbh "

He should do as there is an election coming up in May.

Well, scaremongering or not, the major press organisations are expecting BoJo to announce an England lockdown in an hour. And whilst Wales has said it will not affect us and the firebreak will end on 9th November still, 'normal life' won't return either.

By *elshguy999Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Heard on the grapevine that the 4 nations will be meeting to dicuss Christmas and all try to agree on a suitable plan

Aslong as i can have a bit of turkey "

I want some breast.

"Well, scaremongering or not, the major press organisations are expecting BoJo to announce an England lockdown in an hour. And whilst Wales has said it will not affect us and the firebreak will end on 9th November still, 'normal life' won't return either. "

Noone in their right mind can expect "normal life" to return any time soon

Being able to go out for food or drinks with reasonable restrictions in place and limitations on indoor private gatherings are to be expected

England have dropped a massive bollock by delaying their lockdown for so long, missing the opportunity to coincide with half term

But Boris is an absolute buffoon

So there we are

"Well, scaremongering or not, the major press organisations are expecting BoJo to announce an England lockdown in an hour. And whilst Wales has said it will not affect us and the firebreak will end on 9th November still, 'normal life' won't return either. "

Do you really think most people are that stupid that they are expecting things to go back to normal anytime soon.(Please dont answer that as I have read some truly unbelieviable posts of Fab during Covid)

We know there are still going to be restrictions after 9th November and well into next year . Highly probable that there will be more firebreaks too.

As long as there is cake Ill be there xx

If there's cake I'll be there too "

I can feel a cuppa and cake social is needed. When its safe to do so of course .

Whos organising it cause I aint lol

What a load of waffle!! You haven’t got a clue... Yawn...

They're now talking about extending our lockdown

By *4rlockMan  over a year ago

Swansea

"They're now talking about extending our lockdown "

Think we can kiss Christmas and New Year goodbye

Think you are wrong as Vaughan Gething was only on the tv this morning saying yet again it wont be extended.

If you are right and they do extend it there will be massive backlash which I would imagine they would want to avoid at all costs.

I do think we will have more firebreaks though just not sure when.

Who is talking about it?

Link please

"They're now talking about extending our lockdown

Think you are wrong as Vaughan Gething was only on the tv this morning saying yet again it wont be extended.

If you are right and they do extend it there will be massive backlash which I would imagine they would want to avoid at all costs.

I do think we will have more firebreaks though just not sure when."

Exactly

This firebreaker will end on November 9th

Wish people would get their facts right

Just checked itv wales news page

FM confirms welsh lockdown will end on November 9th

They are looking at border issues after that

Good, because of the irresponsible behaviour of the English government, steps should be put in place to ensure Wales is protected from people who live under Boris' ineptitude

Who is talking about it?

Link please "

Alan Marr show this morning. They want the national lockdown to include England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Boris wants to get on board with Drakeford today to talk about extending our lockdown

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

I'll have a bet with anyone, with any forfeit, that Wales will not extend its lockdown past the 9th.

If Johnson is trying to cajole Wales and Scotland into matching his lockdown then he is an even bigger buffoon than I first thought.

Who is talking about it?

Link please Alan Marr show this morning. They want the national lockdown to include England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Boris wants to get on board with Drakeford today to talk about extending our lockdown "

So noone with absolutely any influence over what Wales does?

Drakeford has confirmed again today our lockdown will end on 9th November

Boris has dropped a huge bollock by, again, not fucking listening and leaving it to late. He's on his own with this one.

"I'll have a bet with anyone, with any forfeit, that Wales will not extend its lockdown past the 9th.

If Johnson is trying to cajole Wales and Scotland into matching his lockdown then he is an even bigger buffoon than I first thought. "

He can fuck right off and take that little wank stain Hancock with him

Trying to drag us into their mess

Stupid Tory cunts

I feel sorry for the people of England over this though

Who is talking about it?

Link please Alan Marr show this morning. They want the national lockdown to include England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Boris wants to get on board with Drakeford today to talk about extending our lockdown "

I know Wales and Scotland have said not to travel to england unless it is unavoidable . Work medical reasons ect, the usual and that ministers are hoping for a 4 nations plan for over Christmas that they can all agree on.

Where was Boris when Mark Drakeford asked him to stop people from high risk areas traveling to Wales.... nowhere.

I think welsh ministers should keep doing what they think is best for Wales even if it doesnt fit into the plan Boris has. English ministers are already saying that they think the lockdown in england will be extended after 2nd December.

Who is talking about it?

Link please Alan Marr show this morning. They want the national lockdown to include England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Boris wants to get on board with Drakeford today to talk about extending our lockdown

I know Wales and Scotland have said not to travel to england unless it is unavoidable . Work medical reasons ect, the usual and that ministers are hoping for a 4 nations plan for over Christmas that they can all agree on.

Where was Boris when Mark Drakeford asked him to stop people from high risk areas traveling to Wales.... nowhere.

I think welsh ministers should keep doing what they think is best for Wales even if it doesnt fit into the plan Boris has. English ministers are already saying that they think the lockdown in england will be extended after 2nd December. "

Deffo

And Rushi refused to extend the furlough scheme to help welsh people through the firebreak but lo and behold here he is extending it for England

They can all fuck off now, begging us and the Scots to fall in line with them

They're a bigger joke than I originally thought

Apparently the new Wales national rules will be announced tomorrow for when the firebreak ends.

Travel to/from England is going to be a problem until England comes out of lockdown, even if Wales allows it from the 9th.

I know from reading other forum threads some think London has been given preferential treatment to other parts of england too.

"Apparently the new Wales national rules will be announced tomorrow for when the firebreak ends.

Travel to/from England is going to be a problem until England comes out of lockdown, even if Wales allows it from the 9th."

Good

We shouldn't be travelling to somewhere which is in a national lockdown when we aren't, and they definitely shouldn't be travelling out of that locked down country. I assume the usual exceptions of work etc will be in place

So it seems for someone who hasn't got a clue, I was pretty accurate in my earlier post.

Still no household mixing indoors, unless at organised activities and 2m social distancing. Only allowed one other household as your 'Extended Household' bubble to meet at home.

Whilst all business closed for the firebreak can reopen, 2m distancing has to happen so that implies limiting the number of people on their premises.

Not a lot has changed from next week apart from being able to travel to do exercise and up to 30 people in organised activity outdoors

I know they are still looking at how to regulate on pubs etc but are people going to want to get together in a pub 2m apart from each other for meals with friends?

"So it seems for someone who hasn't got a clue, I was pretty accurate in my earlier post.

Still no household mixing indoors, unless at organised activities and 2m social distancing. Only allowed one other household as your 'Extended Household' bubble to meet at home.

Whilst all business closed for the firebreak can reopen, 2m distancing has to happen so that implies limiting the number of people on their premises.

Not a lot has changed from next week apart from being able to travel to do exercise and up to 30 people in organised activity outdoors

I know they are still looking at how to regulate on pubs etc but are people going to want to get together in a pub 2m apart from each other for meals with friends? "

Have you actually read your own earlier post?

You were shouting off that only outdoor mixing would be allowed and no indoors etc

"So it seems for someone who hasn't got a clue, I was pretty accurate in my earlier post.

I know they are still looking at how to regulate on pubs etc but are people going to want to get together in a pub 2m apart from each other for meals with friends?

Have you actually read your own earlier post?

You were shouting off that only outdoor mixing would be allowed and no indoors etc

"

Anyway it wasn't me who said you didn't have a clue, I only just read back on the thread and what you had posted

You seem very negative and argumentative for no reason on here, no idea why

Hope you're ok

"Have you actually read your own earlier post?

"

It's almost the same thing when it comes to indoor mixing. Still only one other household. And nobody has said if it has to be the same household all year long (which seems the most sensible) or a different one as each set of rules comes and goes .

Maybe I am shortsighted but I can't think of many activities where different households can mix in activities in groups of 15 at 2m distancing....

"Anyway it wasn't me who said you didn't have a clue, I only just read back on the thread and what you had posted

Hope you're ok "

I should have said "Still only one household at home".

Yeah, that post wasn't one of my finer moments I admit, this whole thing has got to me a bit when I am doing my part to keep to the rules and so many are not.

I am better now than I was this time last week, thank you. My meds are working now I actually have some

"Have you actually read your own earlier post?

It's almost the same thing when it comes to indoor mixing. Still only one other household. And nobody has said if it has to be the same household all year long (which seems the most sensible) or a different one as each set of rules comes and goes .

Maybe I am shortsighted but I can't think of many activities where different households can mix in activities in groups of 15 at 2m distancing....

"

It's not a "still"

2 households could not mix before unless one was a single person household

That has now changed to enable 2 households to mix indoors regardless of number of inhabitants

Non contact football training will resume for example

Plenty of other sport can adopt a non contact approach like they did last time

It's not all doom and gloom

This is how the original lockdown was lifted gradually

Sport and outdoor activities will adapt easilly and when it reviewed in 2 weeks time the rules will probably be relaxed further

The main issue within hospitality is keeping people from England from coming into Wales when their industry shuts down

That is the only reason for the delay in producing guidlelines for pubs

"Anyway it wasn't me who said you didn't have a clue, I only just read back on the thread and what you had posted

Hope you're ok

I should have said "Still only one household at home".

Yeah, that post wasn't one of my finer moments I admit, this whole thing has got to me a bit when I am doing my part to keep to the rules and so many are not.

I am better now than I was this time last week, thank you. My meds are working now I actually have some "

Good

Think the new rules are what most expected and Im pretty happy with them.

Lets just hope things keep going well for us all.

"Think the new rules are what most expected and Im pretty happy with them.

Lets just hope things keep going well for us all."

By *exi_LexiTV/TS  over a year ago

wales

Would be nice for the greenhouse/chams to open for a Xmas party but wishful thinking

By *inky B and kinky DCouple  over a year ago

pwllheli

I think we will be in another lockdown over Christmas, makes sense really lot of businesses close over the holidays plus the construction industry kids are off for 2 weeks, stop the social gatherings over the period ,no wonder it on the rise with so many status on here looking for meets ,and lots of comments about looking forward to meet after 9th, the covid will still be there after the 9th, the sooner people stick to the rules instead of bending them the better chance we have to fight it and keep people safe in stead of being selfish about the whole thing

I think they will try their hardest to relax things for a few days over Christmas so families can get together.

I could be wrong though

By *inky B and kinky DCouple  over a year ago

pwllheli

Fingers crossed your right about Christmas ,but way things are going and people still looking for meet,and where I'm working at the moment a lot of people have come down to there second homes before lockdown hits England, with people like this we won't get rid of covid in a hurry unfortunately

Up to 4 people from different households can now also go to a pub or restaurant together

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"Up to 4 people from different households can now also go to a pub or restaurant together "

I just seen this and will make life so much more bearable. People I haven't seen in Wales since July!

"Up to 4 people from different households can now also go to a pub or restaurant together "

This is brilliant news and certainly better than I expected. Definitely taking advantage of this soon

Mini socials could be the way forward

RCT

Well we have at least 100 covid positive patients at the moment. So things aren't really slowing down

By *ust Us TogetherCouple  over a year ago

Newport

I have a feeling that Boris might have timed the English lockdown just right for Xmas...it takes about 2 weeks for the "R" number to fall, so a 4 week lockdown from the 5th Nov will give plenty of time for their lockdown to have a big enough effect for an Xmas relaxation for families to enjoy.

Here in Wales we have gone into our "Firebreak" too soon for Xmas and with just 2 weeks of lockdown. Half term was a good time to do it as it included the school children, but in my opinion not long enough. We should have shut the schools for 2 weeks and then had a further 2 weeks lockdown. The effect of our "Firebreak" won't take effect until mid November and I think we will again have a rising "R" number approaching Xmas sadly. Might mean another "Firebreak" over the holiday period...

Whatever you may think of Boris and his delayed lockdown, he is not a stupid man. England will have a falling "R" number in the run up to Xmas and England will be singing his praises as he relaxes the rules for Xmas.

We might be looking over the border wishing we had locked down for longer!!

Sadly one of the biggest problems is far too many people try to find ways around the restrictions instead of following them and think Covid is not really an issue for them.

As a business owner in the entertainment industry, All my booking cancelled for 2020 during the first lockdown and we have no new bookings until April 2021. And I am not holding my breath they will stay on the books either.....my business is on its knees and may not recover..it has had no income for 2020

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Well we have at least 100 covid positive patients at the moment. So things aren't really slowing down "

"I have a feeling that Boris might have timed the English lockdown just right for Xmas...it takes about 2 weeks for the "R" number to fall, so a 4 week lockdown from the 5th Nov will give plenty of time for their lockdown to have a big enough effect for an Xmas relaxation for families to enjoy.

Here in Wales we have gone into our "Firebreak" too soon for Xmas and with just 2 weeks of lockdown. Half term was a good time to do it as it included the school children, but in my opinion not long enough. We should have shut the schools for 2 weeks and then had a further 2 weeks lockdown. The effect of our "Firebreak" won't take effect until mid November and I think we will again have a rising "R" number approaching Xmas sadly. Might mean another "Firebreak" over the holiday period...

Whatever you may think of Boris and his delayed lockdown, he is not a stupid man. England will have a falling "R" number in the run up to Xmas and England will be singing his praises as he relaxes the rules for Xmas.

We might be looking over the border wishing we had locked down for longer!!

Sadly one of the biggest problems is far too many people try to find ways around the restrictions instead of following them and think Covid is not really an issue for them.

As a business owner in the entertainment industry, All my booking cancelled for 2020 during the first lockdown and we have no new bookings until April 2021. And I am not holding my breath they will stay on the books either.....my business is on its knees and may not recover..it has had no income for 2020 "

I think Drakeford has got it right

Sorry to hear about your business, fingers crossed it recovers

"Well we have at least 100 covid positive patients at the moment. So things aren't really slowing down "

I know he did say he didn't expect figures to start falling until the weeks following the ending of the firebreak so fingers crossed

Stay safe Mama

[Removed by poster at 04/11/20 08:32:35]

"Well we have at least 100 covid positive patients at the moment. So things aren't really slowing down

I know he did say he didn't expect figures to start falling until the weeks following the ending of the firebreak so fingers crossed

Stay safe Mama "

I've knocked the Welsh Government for the firebreak but seeing England go on 4 week lockdown I'm so glad I am living in Wales. Stroll on the 9th November. Looking forward to making some exciting plans after that.

"I've knocked the Welsh Government for the firebreak but seeing England go on 4 week lockdown I'm so glad I am living in Wales. Stroll on the 9th November. Looking forward to making some exciting plans after that."

I think the Welsh Government made the right call at the right time rather than dithering about and missing said opportunity like England. Let's hope for everyones sake that both approaches prove successful at slowing down the infection rate

Just saw on BBC Wales that the Welsh Assembly has said that effectively once the firebreak ends, the "slate is wiped clean" so that people can make new Extended Households that differ from the ones they have had previously.

Although the rules still remain about it being just one other household, it means that people can now switch (if they wish) from Monday.

My bubble will be staying the same and I was going to go to the pub for the first time since March but I dont think I have 4 friends

RCT

No slow down of infection rate yet... in fact the hospitals are very busy. Whole wards are being turned into intensive care units

my house

"No slow down of infection rate yet... in fact the hospitals are very busy. Whole wards are being turned into intensive care units"
Stay safe Mamma, working in that enviroment.....xx

RCT

"No slow down of infection rate yet... in fact the hospitals are very busy. Whole wards are being turned into intensive care unitsStay safe Mamma, working in that enviroment.....xx"

Thank you xx

» Add a new message to this topic