FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Wales five in a row

Wales five in a row

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnjo24 OP   Man  over a year ago

swansea

Is it time that Privac and his coaches go?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Give him time, its going to difficult anybody taking over Gatland.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not yet

But I have very bad feeling that we are returning to the Wales of the 90s

My personal opinion is that Pivac and co are out of their depth, specifically Hayward as defensive guru

Trying to mould the international side into the Scarlets team from 2017 is not going to work

I will gladly be proved wrong though

I think we are in for a long shit ride here

"Not yet

My personal opinion is that Pivac and co are out of their depth, specifically Hayward as defensive guru

Trying to mould the international side into the Scarlets team from 2017 is not going to work

I think we are in for a long shit ride here"

Today was 2 mediocre teams with a poor ref, but MissP has a point. But for the pandemic Pivac would be u see serious pressure. He’ll have until the end of next years 6N, but I fear a couple of thrashings coming up against England and Ireland.

The only bright spot is that the seedlings are set for the RWC.

My biggest concern is the lack of any creativity. We did nothing in open play today, just like last time the Jocks won in Wales 18 years ago.

They deserved today, but that’s nothing to shout about.

Can't blame Brace for our ineptitude today

And noonee loves to blame an Irish referee more than me

We are so used to having Warren in charge and his style of play. so the sudden dip in performance its inevitable that we are out for someone's head.

Give it time and give the team chance to get into the play and who knows ?

We had nothing. We weren't dynamic.

No variation to our game when we eventually got the ball.

But give him another 6 months at least to have a crack at gelling his team

He deffo deserves a crack

But this stinks of Gareth Jenkins from 2007

I hope I'm wrong

By *r and Mrs SexploitCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

Missp69 you are right, it seems the coaches are out of their depth. Why kick so much ball away? I fear we are returning to the 1990s streak of losses.

I'm afraid none of the coaching staff are up for the job

"Not yet

I agree, Pivac way out of his depth

If we want to be back to the top flight we have to look for the best coaches.. They don't seem to have any respect for the Welsh coaches from the player's, they gave so many penalties away today, no game plan. We need a total rebuild and we have to look for over seas again sorry to say

By *wanseapaulMan  over a year ago

Swansea

And we were No.1 in the world briefly not so long ago!

Very disappointed in the game, think they said it was windy once or twice lol.

I'm not saying it's all down to shaun Edwards the way France are playing but definitely our loss and Frances gain

"If we want to be back to the top flight we have to look for the best coaches.. They don't seem to have any respect for the Welsh coaches from the player's, they gave so many penalties away today, no game plan. We need a total rebuild and we have to look for over seas again sorry to say "

It’s been documented this week (following the WRU AGM) that the post-World Cup review (with gatland and pivac) concluded that the attritional style of play that got us to the semi final of the World Cup cost us too badly in injuries.

Over the next year or so Pivac has the remit to move away from that style of play, that’ll take experimentation and losses along the way.

It's not good enough gats still the top coach with the lions.. His method still must be worth the risk???

swansea

Miss P right again she reads the game very well,these coaches have no proven track record and are out of their depth,Stephen Jones may have been a very good player but very little coaching experience and Byron Hayward wasn't even a good player let alone defence coach,we're not used to second best coaches anymore,we need the best it's the only way.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

The cracks have been there well before Pivac and co took over, we are not on the same level as NZ,SA and England when they play they're A game Gatland based the game on defense and inevitably you will win a certain percentage of games but when we took on the big guns we always fall way short.

It is worrying at the moment as we have no pattern whatsoever, Wales and Scotland were very average.

"The cracks have been there well before Pivac and co took over, we are not on the same level as NZ,SA and England when they play they're A game Gatland based the game on defense and inevitably you will win a certain percentage of games but when we took on the big guns we always fall way short.

It is worrying at the moment as we have no pattern whatsoever, Wales and Scotland were very average."

Wales were well below average

It's very worrying

I don't envy that coaching set up from here on in, they have to turn things around drastically by the 6 nations else I fear they won't see the RWC 2023

Camarthen

"The cracks have been there well before Pivac and co took over, we are not on the same level as NZ,SA and England when they play they're A game Gatland based the game on defense and inevitably you will win a certain percentage of games but when we took on the big guns we always fall way short.

It is worrying at the moment as we have no pattern whatsoever, Wales and Scotland were very average.

It's very worrying

I don't envy that coaching set up from here on in, they have to turn things around drastically by the 6 nations else I fear they won't see the RWC 2023"

I believe we have the players that can play at international level but our regional game isn't good either.

It's very worrying

I don't envy that coaching set up from here on in, they have to turn things around drastically by the 6 nations else I fear they won't see the RWC 2023

I believe we have the players that can play at international level but our regional game isn't good either. "

It's down to the coaching at international level at the moment

Majority of the squad almost made a World Cup final a year ago

This new coaching either will work, given time or it won't

I fear it's the latter but hope I am wrong

By *elshguy999Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Not yet

I thought people would learn. In the 90's we were neath in red, didn't work. Why does Gatland always get the plaudits? Poor record in NZ, Shaun Edwards was the driving force surely.

By *elshguy999Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

It's very worrying

I believe we have the players that can play at international level but our regional game isn't good either. "

Regional game is very poor. Regions would struggle to compete week in week out with English Championship. No chance against Premiership sides.

swansea

We have the players but not the coaches I think they have been found out and we've been trying to blood too many youngsters, some of whose are not up to the standard we need just yet.

Completely agree here the national game in Wales is not as good as it was ten years ago. The young players haven't come through or been encouraged to come through, same as that English side unfortunately it is going to take time for Wales to come back up , I'd love to see Wales play proper Welsh rugby again flowing and dynamic as it should be played

I'm surprised pivac got the job to start with. However gatlands boots are big boots to fill. Pivac don't have the respect of the quality players we have in gods country.

Shsun Edwards is also a big loss to our defence and was gutted when he left.

I believe that there is quality coaches available and pivac won't be long in charge.

Surprised dai young wasn't given job

Haywards gone

"Haywards gone "

Edwards boots were perhaps the biggest of all to fill!

Let's see how long the rest last

Watching the Oz v AB game yesterday, we’re playing a different sport. We have to copy their intensity and skill levels. Quite depressing seeing how far in front of us they are!

That will never happen with the current set up

We've got a long tough road ahead now

swansea

Yes Miss P how long before the rest go,I think after these new Nation Cup games they'll all be gone the Welsh Rugby supporter won't put up with failure anymore after the last few years,but the Southern hemisphere are playing a different game to us in the Northern hemisphere,except maybe France.

Unfortunately WRU wouldn't budge with Edwards he wanted 3 years they offered year rolling contact.

Yes new coaching setup but its same players it's about time to get rid of old guard bring in Sheedy, Rees Zammit etc let's start looking at few years down the line, ok we will lose games but sadly Wales do not have strength in depth like other countries.

Be patient was always going to be transition period and this from guy who despises regional rugby

"Watching the Oz v AB game yesterday, we’re playing a different sport. We have to copy their intensity and skill levels. Quite depressing seeing how far in front of us they are!"

NZ, AUS and SA have always been years ahead from way kids are coached, rugby scholarships etc.

I was lucky enough to visit NZ training camp when world Cup over here last and have to say was most basic I've ever seen thats where skills and trust develop not fancy plays off the ball running etc. If you watch NZ from a coaching view behind posts you will learn so much from them

"Yes Miss P how long before the rest go,I think after these new Nation Cup games they'll all be gone the Welsh Rugby supporter won't put up with failure anymore after the last few years,but the Southern hemisphere are playing a different game to us in the Northern hemisphere,except maybe France."

I agree

They made the mistake thinking they could mould a very successful Wales team into a Scarlets team from 3/4 years ago.

It's not working

It won't work

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

For me, Gatland did a great job because he first identified the players who he felt had the attributes to cope with international rugby, then identified a style that they could play.

He was ruthlessly focused on that approach. A good example is achieving considerable success whilst having little ball carrying ability in the pack at any time (hence the reliance on Roberts, Phillips etc).

I’m a Turk, so I have a lot of time for Pivac. It’s the other way round now though - start with the style and then try get players who aren’t suited to play it.

There’s also a worrying sign of a return to the bad old days of playing players out of position.

I fear the loss of Edwards may lead to the picking of exciting players who are a liability without the ball. It’ll keep the support happy (witness the calls over the years for Matthew Morgan over Halfpenny), but may well be a disaster.

Be 6 in a row after that side he picked today.

Why not use this to bring youngsters on rather than persisting with same old players.

North should be nowhere near squad only there till gets 100 caps then f off

Camarthen

Could be playing all night and still never score a try, attacking rugby!! Clueless.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Could be playing all night and still never score a try, attacking rugby!! Clueless. "

A scrappy game by both sides

Defence improved after our defence coach fucked off.

Everything else was utter shite. The set piece was a total mess

By *efByOrgasmsMan  over a year ago

Heads of the Valleys

I dunno what to say. Looks so toothless in attack and upfront

Georgia will be fancying their chances after that!

By *ecklerMan  over a year ago

Near the sea

Major step back in fitness, they look fucked after half an hour. I guess the Bwlch aint high enough for proper altitude training.

Clear the decks of all the ones who are past it. Give you ones a shot for next world cup

New coach I think

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"Defence improved after our defence coach fucked off.

"

Jonathan Humphries

"Defence improved after our defence coach fucked off.

Jonathan Humphries "

Yep

Severe lack of respect and fear of coaching setup this needs to change ASAP. Pivac needs to stamp authority or may as well collect P45

"Severe lack of respect and fear of coaching setup this needs to change ASAP. Pivac needs to stamp authority or may as well collect P45"

Respect had to be earned, he can try and demand it all he likes, suspect he is already beyond fucked in that department

"Severe lack of respect and fear of coaching setup this needs to change ASAP. Pivac needs to stamp authority or may as well collect P45

Respect had to be earned, he can try and demand it all he likes, suspect he is already beyond fucked in that department "

IMO was never right candidate for job then with shambles over Edwards has left WRU a bit of a mess so is it any wonder players don't show any respect

For me, I dont think a side should go from RWC semi finalists to 8th in world rankings over night be a reflection on a bad coach just a difference of opinion on tactics and game plan. These are the same professional rugby players who for whatever reason have decided not to get behind Pivac and his style of play. I was dismayed in the scotland game as to how much ball we kicked away. In the rwc semi we ran nearly every set piece and the wingers got so much ball. They are barely seeing as much ball now. Why? Our defence coaches shouldn't be blammed and think Hayward was a scapegoat, you dont forget how to tackle over night, Ir is whether you want to or not. The players proffesionalisshouuld be questioned. I really dont think that Pivac is wanting to play a style of rugby that is so out there that it changes a top 3 side over night, no, I think some of the senior players have decided he wasnt the man for the job and are playing accordingly. We need new blood as mentioned above. Give Sheedy and RZ more game time. If I was in charge of this team I would be calling Dai Young to get his arse back to Wales as soon as possible. Any coincidence that he resigned from Wasps at the begining of the year??

Camarthen

Are we now paying the price for the WRU breaking the bank on Henry, Hansen and Gatland! If we are taking a step back in budget surely a Welsh coach should have been considered.

Pivac never actually brought huge success to the Scarlett's he just played a decent brand of rugby which often came undone against the big sides in European cup games.

If you have no confidence from the players it's time to go as it will never be there, I know the guy deserves a chance but history tells me it's a stitch in time.

Near Cowbridge

"Are we now paying the price for the WRU breaking the bank on Henry, Hansen and Gatland! If we are taking a step back in budget surely a Welsh coach should have been considered.

Pivac never actually brought huge success to the Scarlett's he just played a decent brand of rugby which often came undone against the big sides in European cup games.

If you have no confidence from the players it's time to go as it will never be there, I know the guy deserves a chance but history tells me it's a stitch in time."

If anything we're paying the price of reducing debt too quickly and underfunding the 4 pro teams.

Camarthen

"Are we now paying the price for the WRU breaking the bank on Henry, Hansen and Gatland! If we are taking a step back in budget surely a Welsh coach should have been considered.

If you have no confidence from the players it's time to go as it will never be there, I know the guy deserves a chance but history tells me it's a stitch in time.

If anything we're paying the price of reducing debt too quickly and underfunding the 4 pro teams. "

Good point, neither of the region's can actually compete in any competition.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The title of this forum post is out of date. Pivac had not achieved anything. The game agaist the Scots was awful. Even a 30-0 win against Georgia will only look ok, and I can’t see our defence holding out, nor our offense scoring 30 points! Woeful

Near Cowbridge

If anything we're paying the price of reducing debt too quickly and underfunding the 4 pro teams.

Good point, neither of the region's can actually compete in any competition."

Yep, because they can't retain players and, probably more importantly, can't import top project players who then become Welsh qualified.

Good point, neither of the region's can actually compete in any competition.

Yep, because they can't retain players and, probably more importantly, can't import top project players who then become Welsh qualified. "

If brand isn't there people won't go to watch simple. Regions have always been under funded and only successful region they folded.

All WRU care about is profit hopefully now with local clubman as chairman whom I know personally things will start to change

» Add a new message to this topic