FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > New restrictions for/after Christmas

New restrictions for/after Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thoughts?

Reducing the Christmas household bubble bullshit from the proposed 3 to 2

Forcing gyms, leisure, hospitality and non essential retail to close etc

Is the North being unfairly punished for our shit show down here?

We are at breaking point at my workplace, staff wise, but still waiting for the much promised vaccine,seens as we were apparently the first group on the list.

I am fortunate to have job security, thinking of those who will suffer financially, again, because of all this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky B and kinky DCouple  over a year ago

pwllheli

It down to all the selfish people that haven't followed rules and think there untouchable that's why so many businesses are going to suffer, even us up north are getting punished to,and it sad to see so many status on here people looking for meets and not thinking about others just them selfs

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 14:21:01]

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

On the radio this morning they said drakeford popularity has dropped by 19% since november. you can prob treble that today . How many people have made arrangements based on the 3 household advice with just over 7 days till it comes into effect. Like to see him try to enforce this 2 household

bullshit.

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Doesn't really make a lot of difference what he says if purple have made arrangements with 3 bubbles they will do it anyway

From what I gather the 2 household thing isn't law so is not enforceable, just advisory. It's the 3 household that was made law

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Please remember. The restrictions are GUIDANCE only. They are NOT law. If you're worried. Make provisions. If your not. Just get on with life.

So many people saying "we'll protect mum/dad/grandma/grandad this year. Its only 1 Christmas."

What if they're not here next Christmas?

Don't let them dictate to you. Make your own decisions. They don't own you, or your life.

Happy Christmas xxxx

Been told it going to start Christmas eve

By *forbigunMan  over a year ago

here

As mentioned it’s guidance I’m sure as adults (apparently) people should listen to it it doesn’t meant because your allowed to meet another household you have to, if you have to meet with others for your own selfish needs crack on but go see your local hospital tell them Covid is nothing can I help those on the Covid wards I don’t need PPE I won’t get it or at worst it’s only flu, there were lockdowns for a reason if people can’t stay in for a few weeks and literally only pop out for food it’s a sad world we live in. There’s many NHS workers here some will have worked amongst the Covid wards some amongst vivid patients in the community give them a break they are going to work wondering when they will get it and how bad they are going to be and don’t forget if it don’t kill you it can have long lasting effects by damaging your organs

We just have to hope that the vaccinations are as effective as they claim to be and that they will be given to as many people as possible in the shortest time. But even 1 million people per week across the UK getting vaccinated, will still take most (if not all) of 2021 for full national coverage.

Whether you agree with the restrictions or not, apparently there are 2100 patients currently in hospital in Wales (equivalent to 5 General Hospital's worth of patients) that are in hospital with Covid for a reason. The infection rates may be just 1% of the population, but the hospitals cannot cope and the rate of infection has to drop one way or another.

I feel bad for those who can't have a 'proper' Christmas and see all their family at one table together, but I feel even worse for the people who have lost relatives to Covid and can't be there this year because someone else wasn't careful enough with their hygiene diligence and discipline.

I don't do Christmas, so myself can't complain. But I have empathy for those who go 'all in' on it.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Please remember. The restrictions are GUIDANCE only. They are NOT law. If you're worried. Make provisions. If your not. Just get on with life.

So many people saying "we'll protect mum/dad/grandma/grandad this year. Its only 1 Christmas."

Don't let them dictate to you. Make your own decisions. They don't own you, or your life.

Happy Christmas xxxx"

The reason we are in this shit show of a mess is because people have made their own decisions.

Yes the restrictions are for guidance only but if you have an ounce of brain you will know that meeting is not safe whether its xmas or not.

pwllheli

couldn't agree more

If I could post REAL statistics and data on here I would. I personally am going to ignore the advice based on months and months of information. I will, however respect each individuals concerns and adjust accordingly.

I WON'T bow down or listen to ANY virtue signalling. I respect people's opinions always, because that's sensible, considerate and the mature thing to do.

I just believe that unless you want to live under a Chinese style government. Your basic right to decide should be in your hands NOT Westminsters.

If I felt ill. I wouldn't visit anyone vulnerable.

Asymptomatic infectiousness(if that's a word) is so incredibly rare, that it could never impact on a epidemic/pandemic. Thats just how its been with viruses since we knew they existed.

Have a lovely evening.

I'm off for a good old walk lol xx

By *MonsterMan  over a year ago

xxx

I understand the need for tightening restrictions where cases are getting out of hand, but why can’t the Senedd politicians get their head around the fact that there’s other parts of Wales than just Cardiff and Swansea!?

Because of rates a few hundred miles away, we’re now seeing businesses shut up in the north, when it’s totally unnecessary!

It’s just absolutely typical of the Cardiff-centric government, and sadly, in no way surprising!

Someone talking sense at last. Yes it’s painful yes it’s crap but see the bigger picture. If we all carried on as individuals we won’t get out of this mess for months and months

pwllheli

"From what I gather the 2 household thing isn't law so is not enforceable, just advisory. It's the 3 household that was made law"

2 households is law, not advice

"As mentioned it’s guidance I’m sure as adults (apparently) people should listen to it it doesn’t meant because your allowed to meet another household you have to, if you have to meet with others for your own selfish needs crack on but go see your local hospital tell them Covid is nothing can I help those on the Covid wards I don’t need PPE I won’t get it or at worst it’s only flu, there were lockdowns for a reason if people can’t stay in for a few weeks and literally only pop out for food it’s a sad world we live in. There’s many NHS workers here some will have worked amongst the Covid wards some amongst vivid patients in the community give them a break they are going to work wondering when they will get it and how bad they are going to be and don’t forget if it don’t kill you it can have long lasting effects by damaging your organs "

It’s law not guidance

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"If I could post REAL statistics and data on here I would. I personally am going to ignore the advice based on months and months of information. I will, however respect each individuals concerns and adjust accordingly.

I WON'T bow down or listen to ANY virtue signalling. I respect people's opinions always, because that's sensible, considerate and the mature thing to do.

I just believe that unless you want to live under a Chinese style government. Your basic right to decide should be in your hands NOT Westminsters.

Asymptomatic infectiousness(if that's a word) is so incredibly rare, that it could never impact on a epidemic/pandemic. Thats just how its been with viruses since we knew they existed.

Have a lovely evening.

I'm off for a good old walk lol xx "

You’re not in Wales, so why are you so concerned with what Wales is doing?

By *ardiffwalesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

To be clear, it will be law, not guidance, and for good reason.

"To be clear, it will be law, not guidance, and for good reason. "

I'm not looking to argue. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't judge other peoples opinions. That called virtue signalling and its vile.

I'm sorry. I Don't mean to argue but it's most certainly not law.

You can check that for yourselves.

I'll be responsible as I always have been. Just expressing the facts.

"I'm not looking to argue. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't judge other peoples opinions. That called virtue signalling and its vile.

I'm sorry. I Don't mean to argue but it's most certainly not law.

You can check that for yourselves.

I'll be responsible as I always have been. Just expressing the facts."

Initially reported as guidance, but the latest news says it will be made law...

Its a no win situation, either screw christmas or set us up for an even longer lockdown post the 28th.

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"Please remember. The restrictions are GUIDANCE only. They are NOT law. If you're worried. Make provisions. If your not. Just get on with life.

Happy Christmas xxxx"

And if the reason they're not here next Christmas is because someone gave mum/dad/grandma/grandad COVID at Christmas?

Do you also think drink drive laws are them trying to own you? What about seatbelt laws? Building regulations? Food hygiene?

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"If I could post REAL statistics and data on here I would. I personally am going to ignore the advice based on months and months of information. I will, however respect each individuals concerns and adjust accordingly.

Have a lovely evening.

No. Its not rare... science didn't say that ??

"To be clear, it will be law, not guidance, and for good reason. "

Yes, I have just seen that since the original announcement this afternoon, there are now plans to make the 2 household thing law. Do they have any plans on enforcing it, and if so, how? I ask only out of interest. I don't like people, so two households is plenty for me. Have been that way for best part of a year now

"I understand the need for tightening restrictions where cases are getting out of hand, but why can’t the Senedd politicians get their head around the fact that there’s other parts of Wales than just Cardiff and Swansea!?

Because of rates a few hundred miles away, we’re now seeing businesses shut up in the north, when it’s totally unnecessary!

It’s just absolutely typical of the Cardiff-centric government, and sadly, in no way surprising!"

This is what I think is wrong.

Penalising people/businesses/livelihoods in parts of Wales where rates are miniscule, just because of the state of things down here

"Thoughts?

Reducing the Christmas household bubble bullshit from the proposed 3 to 2

Forcing gyms, leisure, hospitality and non essential retail to close etc

Is the North being unfairly punished for our shit show down here?

We are at breaking point at my workplace, staff wise, but still waiting for the much promised vaccine,seens as we were apparently the first group on the list.

I am fortunate to have job security, thinking of those who will suffer financially, again, because of all this.

"

Happy Christmas xxxx"

Totally agree with you

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

It's really hard going in the hospitals. They are very short of staff and are moving staff from one department to another. Which leaves the other department short too. Trying to get back to catching up on stuff from the first lockdown with staff shortages is soul destroying.

And then you see people having parties and meeting up with lots of others and you think just what is the point... if I could retire and stay at home safely I definitely would... I'm just trying to do my best at this crazy time. Stay safe everyone that's all I ask

After seeing some of the posts on this thread, all I can say is thank god this particular virus has such a 'low' mortality rate. God help us if we have something sprung on us that has even a 5% mortality rate, let alone something comparable to Ebola etc.

And some of the stuff I have seen today on the News channels is absolutely mind boggling.... Refusing the vaccine "because it has a microchip in it for the government to track us"..... Keep this up and the next contagion might be a case for 'Natural Selection'

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"It's really hard going in the hospitals. They are very short of staff and are moving staff from one department to another. Which leaves the other department short too. Trying to get back to catching up on stuff from the first lockdown with staff shortages is soul destroying.

And then you see people having parties and meeting up with lots of others and you think just what is the point... if I could retire and stay at home safely I definitely would... I'm just trying to do my best at this crazy time. Stay safe everyone that's all I ask "

100% this

By *forbigunMan  over a year ago

here

"It's really hard going in the hospitals. They are very short of staff and are moving staff from one department to another. Which leaves the other department short too. Trying to get back to catching up on stuff from the first lockdown with staff shortages is soul destroying.

And then you see people having parties and meeting up with lots of others and you think just what is the point... if I could retire and stay at home safely I definitely would... I'm just trying to do my best at this crazy time. Stay safe everyone that's all I ask "

All those of you that work in the NHS I admire you all doing the job and it must be soul destroying to see these selfish people bleat it’s only flu and then go out meeting others your profession like mine was hailed in high regard now it seems a lot want to shit on you guys thanks to stories not giving full evidence and my profession has gone back to the scum of the roads

Why close the gyms!! That’s the only thing keeps me sane! Bad move

"Why close the gyms!! That’s the only thing keeps me sane! Bad move "

Yep

It's shit

The health benefits certainly outweigh the miniscule risk of Covid transmission in a Covid secure gym

Exercise is so important especially as being obese puts you at higher risk of complications and more likely to be hospitalised if you do contract Covid

Oh well

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 06:15:27]

Heard from a reliable source in welsh government that the lockdown starting on 28th will last for 12 weeks, taking us up till March.

"Why close the gyms!! That’s the only thing keeps me sane! Bad move

Yep

It's shit

The health benefits certainly outweigh the miniscule risk of Covid transmission in a Covid secure gym

Exercise is so important especially as being obese puts you at higher risk of complications and more likely to be hospitalised if you do contract Covid

Oh well "

Takes the piss miss P! My body is just getting used to the gym, now I’m going to put it back on and start all over again!! Gym is essential in my eyes

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

So how many on here have actually had this so far? There must be quite a few here who have.

Two here...

"Why close the gyms!! That’s the only thing keeps me sane! Bad move

Yep

It's shit

Oh well

Takes the piss miss P! My body is just getting used to the gym, now I’m going to put it back on and start all over again!! Gym is essential in my eyes "

Same applies here, as a golfer, courses couldeasily only allow singles play, absolutely no contact with anyone else, as we did in May. If it stopped raining of course lol.

By *espectful_KinksterMan  over a year ago

Abergele

I've always gone to Welsh governmentweb covid site for my information.

Never belive a post if asked about it, the answer is, someone off the Internet, is the modern, someone in the pub, lol

Drakeford is a clown , the sennedd shud be closed down forever ,they don't even know North Wales exists !!!

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"So how many on here have actually had this so far? There must be quite a few here who have.

Two here... "

We have had it in our house.

By *nice44Man  over a year ago

valleys

I agree totally it could be peoples last christmas regardless of covid

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"So how many on here have actually had this so far? There must be quite a few here who have.

Two here...

We have had it in our house."

Trust everyone recovered OK.

By *has2016Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

The new restrictions that are being muted at the moment include making sure that all men cannot stop licking and nibbling a woman's pussy unless the woman agrees unless she has come four times

Rimming (r rate) does not affect the scorebook unless previously agreed

Fingers and cock are allowed if requested including when the woman says aaaaarrrhhh

Blackpool

Myself and 90percent of my family have had it

I donated my plasma 3months ago at Lancaster royal

I was ill for four months yet I feel like I'm still affected because of these senseless and draconian rules

If you are scared and worried about catching it then stay indoors.....there are many helpers wishing to help you

If not, then get back out and live life x

Blackpool

I was on the BBC the week before last and asked Jon van tam the following question

If Chris witty thought that at the start of June that the estimate of people that had been infected already(at that times briefing) was between 30 -50 percent. What do you think the percentage would be now?

He boxed around the question

From my calculations ,I have a maths degree truthfully, I make a guesstimate at between 65 and 75 percent

So where is the problem

Do not fall into the ludicrous daily death figures that are issued

They are not covid deaths

They are people that had tested positive in the last 28 days. Not why they died

All hospitals get more money if they put down it was a covid related death

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The mental health fall out over this is going to do far more damage than the covid. He should not have changed the rules

By *uttytrukerMan  over a year ago

resolven / swindon

well the reduction came in too late for me to buy anything for myself for christmas dinner so i will have to brake the newest rules and go to my support bubble for christmas dinner as was planned as i will not be able to go shopping for food even and do not know what time i will be home before

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

This is the person we should all be listening to (and others doing the same/similar job).

We can all have arguments about the rights and wrongs of restrictions. It’s terribly hard and worrying for staff in the health field at the moment though.

There’ll be fall out in terms of mental health etc, obviously. I do wish people would think what the fall out would be for the health (mental and physical) of these workers if there were no restrictions over Christmas. The NHS, care home staff etc would be in an impossible position.

It’s sad that people can’t get together etc, but how many would swap their quiet, turkey-less day for 12 hours on a covid ward Christmas Day?

By *imandHer9396Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend

Two here... "

I've had it, positive test result. My son and husband didn't even have a cough, I felt like a cold.

I caught it from work, not even doing something bloody fun! What's the point!

Yeah I agree, but as someone mentioned before, some people think they are invisible

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Have a lovely evening.

Well said

Have a lovely evening.

I'm off for a good old walk lol xx

Well said "

Thank you. I did mean to say " off for a wank though " . Well. It is fabswingers

» Add a new message to this topic