FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > useless theory,s

useless theory,s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

have you ever wonderd if space ever end,s if so something must end somewhere....i would like you to put your question,s to our very own professor smithy and see what his answer would be....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Smiffy said,

Space is finite, it can be measured by the time taken to travel between any two points within space.

Only things that can not be measured are said to be infinite.

"Smiffy said,

Space is finite, it can be measured by the time taken to travel between any two points within space.

Only things that can not be measured are said to be infinite."

i thought it was...just wanted a second oppion...

Smiffy also said,

There is very little probability of anything being infinite, the only possible exception is numbers, although numbers were created by a finite mind, in a finite universe, which makes this conclusion paradoxical.

could professor please tell me what the deffinision of a tall dwarf is.....thanks

Smiffy says

Statistically the average height of a dwarf is 4.33 ft, so a tall dwarf would be taller than this.

Nessa says

Will you two get a bloody life please

"Smiffy says

Statistically the average height of a dwarf is 4.33 ft, so a tall dwarf would be taller than this.

Nessa says

Will you two get a bloody life please "

your so clever my legs are like jelly over the tought of you just like a rock star

professor smithy what is your theory on what came first the chicken or the egg

so can smiffy tell me why is a dog called a dog ?

a dog is called a dog because its not a cat duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Astro Physics is such an interesting subject with many concepts explained with and by theories. Remember they are only theories. When Einstein released his Special and General theories of Relativity in 1910/1915, which interestingly contravened Newtonian Physics, many Scientists were sceptical of Einsteins proposals. It wasn't until other Scientists such as Rutherford were able to give credence to Einsteins theories that they were accepted into the scientific community.

Nowadays who would question Einsteins theories. Interestingly, Einstein would never accept Quantum Mechanics (Heisenberg Uncertainty) because he said, 'God does not play dice with the Universe).

There are many theories as to whether the Universe is finite or infinite. Unless we can build a Starship which can achieve Warp Factor 10, I guess we will never know. Hubble was one of the key figures in proposing that the Universe is expanding. Again that was against other theories which supported a 'Steady State' Universe which the British Scientist Fred Hoyle was one of the main proponents. If the Universe is expanding what is it expanding into? Common sense would support the Steady State theory, but we realise that can be dismissed with Doppler Red Shift calculations.

Most people have heard of the Big Bang but interestedly the mathematics surrounding the theory are flawed. To overcome this problem Scientists simply invent a new theory and in this case it is called 'Inflation'. You can say that Inflation has been with us from the beginning of time.

Anyway, back to your question. Is the Universe of a finite size or is it infinite. The answer is - we simply do not know. Anyway that's my theory.

One last point. Who is to say that there is not more than one Universe...

Mr Martini

PS

Swinging is great fun but Physics is far more interesting.

wrong

"Astro Physics is such an interesting subject with many concepts explained with and by theories. Remember they are only theories. When Einstein released his Special and General theories of Relativity in 1910/1915, which interestingly contravened Newtonian Physics, many Scientists were sceptical of Einsteins proposals. It wasn't until other Scientists such as Rutherford were able to give credence to Einsteins theories that they were accepted into the scientific community.

Nowadays who would question Einsteins theories. Interestingly, Einstein would never accept Quantum Mechanics (Heisenberg Uncertainty) because he said, 'God does not play dice with the Universe).

There are many theories as to whether the Universe is finite or infinite. Unless we can build a Starship which can achieve Warp Factor 10, I guess we will never know. Hubble was one of the key figures in proposing that the Universe is expanding. Again that was against other theories which supported a 'Steady State' Universe which the British Scientist Fred Hoyle was one of the main proponents. If the Universe is expanding what is it expanding into? Common sense would support the Steady State theory, but we realise that can be dismissed with Doppler Red Shift calculations.

Most people have heard of the Big Bang but interestedly the mathematics surrounding the theory are flawed. To overcome this problem Scientists simply invent a new theory and in this case it is called 'Inflation'. You can say that Inflation has been with us from the beginning of time.

Anyway, back to your question. Is the Universe of a finite size or is it infinite. The answer is - we simply do not know. Anyway that's my theory.

Mr Martini

PS

"

i think we all have to get out more often...

Smiify says

The likes of google, wiki and so forth are not always your friend, and contrary to popular belief are very often incorrect, or biased, to this end Smiffy uses neither. He would also like to point any perspective posters toward Occams razor and humbly suggest that if a theory is unprobable then the simplest answer is correct.

"professor smithy what is your theory on what came first the chicken or the egg"

Smiffy says

Nessa always comes first.

"so can smiffy tell me why is a dog called a dog ?"

Smiffy says

Some say the word Dog was derived from old english, a possible derivative from the word Hound, and used to describe Mastiffs. Although I believe someone a long long time ago woke up pissed with a particularly ugly woman and coined the word. One should consider the existance of god is unprovable, while the existance of Dog is a fact.

anyone intrested in organising a stephen hawkins swingers nite must have your own hadron collider.... ...no hadron collider no entry

Interestingly Stephen Hawking recently held a party for time travellers. Unfortunately no one turned up.

Time travel is possible but only into the future. We cannot travel into our past.

"Smiify says

The likes of google, wiki and so forth are not always your friend, and contrary to popular belief are very often incorrect, or biased, to this end Smiffy uses neither. He would also like to point any perspective posters toward Occams razor and humbly suggest that if a theory is unprobable then the simplest answer is correct."

Which part do you disagree with.

beam me up smithy...sorry i mean scotty

By *ornybitch34Woman  over a year ago

pyle

"Astro Physics is such an interesting subject with many concepts explained with and by theories. Remember they are only theories. When Einstein released his Special and General theories of Relativity in 1910/1915, which interestingly contravened Newtonian Physics, many Scientists were sceptical of Einsteins proposals. It wasn't until other Scientists such as Rutherford were able to give credence to Einsteins theories that they were accepted into the scientific community.

Mr Martini

PS

i thought starship sung nothings gonna stop us now

"

"Interestingly Stephen Hawking recently held a party for time travellers. Unfortunately no one turned up.

Time travel is possible but only into the future. We cannot travel into our past."

is it true that astronults come back to earth 2 min younger than those who live on earth this question is to the doctor of physic,s miss martini

Mr Martini

PS

"

Haha

Just found out how to copy and and paste?

"anyone intrested in organising a stephen hawkins swingers nite must have your own hadron collider.... ...no hadron collider no entry"

what about a hard-on collider ?

"anyone intrested in organising a stephen hawkins swingers nite must have your own hadron collider.... ...no hadron collider no entry

what about a hard-on collider ?"

Not into hard-on collisions maybe colliding my hard-on with a black hole!

can prof smiffy tell me why i cant gedt a meet lol

Mr Martini

PS

"

By *unnyfunCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

I love chocolate

Mr Martini

PS

Haha

Just found out how to copy and and paste?"

Why do you think it has been copied. If you believe that then google some of my phrases. Alternatively you might like to add something constructive.

"can prof smiffy tell me why i cant gedt a meet lol"
what,s a gedt

Apparently if you wank too much you will go blind !

That might explain why some men cant read profiles properly lol

If you drilled a hole right through the earth and jumped down, or climbed down a long enough ladder, would you come out the other end feet first?

"If you drilled a hole right through the earth and jumped down, or climbed down a long enough ladder, would you come out the other end feet first?"

Think you would be burnt to a crisp before you got to the other side

The word FUCK.

In the middle ages, due to so many men being killed in foreign wars, the population of britian was at an all time low.

The king diecided to order his people to increase the size of their family's to compensate. Thus...

Faunicate Under Command of the King !

"If you drilled a hole right through the earth and jumped down, or climbed down a long enough ladder, would you come out the other end feet first?"

You wouldn't come out the other side....

In freefall, you'd soon reach terminal velocity, so you'd be falling for about a day and a half before you reached the centre of the Earth.

At that point you would pass through a point of zero gravity, and would have slowed down to almost zero velocity, so you you wouldn't actually go much further.

You certainly wouldn't ever come out the other side of the Earth unless you had the time and the energy to climb out, and it's a long, long way....

Scary thought, isn't it?

i reckon the chicken came first.....if you arrange all the continents of earth to fit together, it looks like a chicken....... coincidence?

is the moon really made of cheese???!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic